Aspegren denied visa?

Big
Edited Date/Time 3/23/2012 1:39am
Swedish rider Aspegren (Made some good points in Nationals) Did not get a visa for racing USA this year. He was spending too much time in States last year was the answer he got?(whole serie). In Europe you have to pay at least 130 000 dollar to a team for Llongos "World championship". And now MX-athletes having trouble participating, in one of the last open "real" World-Championship. WTF is happening? Politics everywhere one way or the other? Aspegren took his privateer racing the Australian serie instead. Last free world?Dizzy
|
MtnBoy
3/20/2012 1:42pm
I'm not an expert on this kind of thing at all, but I'd guess MX Sports and the "US Nationals" had nothing to do with him being able to get a Visa or not.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/20/2012 1:45pm
Unless I'm missing something, a Visa allows you to enter the country legally. It doesn't determine whether you can enter a race or not.
Ing
3/20/2012 1:55pm
I found it's easier to get a MasterCard than a Visa.

The Shop

Big
3/20/2012 1:56pm
Njaa?. He asked for a Athlete or sportvisa to be able to do the whole serie. And his whishes was simple...Race the best serie and progress as a racer. Those specific things must be written of course.He been working fulltime since the last nationals to get the money for it. That means showing a stable economic and not being "working" for living.My point is that politics not helping foreign riders too much? He should left for Minnesota year1850 maybe?Wink
Switch
3/20/2012 2:03pm
Yes, he should left for Minnesota year 1850. Spot on.
Wolfman
3/20/2012 2:13pm
The 1860's were way cooler man!
Sherwood
3/20/2012 2:15pm
It's not that hard to get a license to race the Nationals or SX.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
3/20/2012 2:23pm
Big wrote:
Swedish rider Aspegren (Made some good points in Nationals) Did not get a visa for racing USA this year. He was spending too much time in...
Swedish rider Aspegren (Made some good points in Nationals) Did not get a visa for racing USA this year. He was spending too much time in States last year was the answer he got?(whole serie). In Europe you have to pay at least 130 000 dollar to a team for Llongos "World championship". And now MX-athletes having trouble participating, in one of the last open "real" World-Championship. WTF is happening? Politics everywhere one way or the other? Aspegren took his privateer racing the Australian serie instead. Last free world?Dizzy
Sounds like the same issue Nicoletti had with returning to Australia. He stayed longer than his visa permitted, so he was banned from aus for 3 years.

Pretty sweet that aspegren is looking to race over here. He should have the speed to be a top 10 rider.
Big
3/20/2012 2:41pm
Sherwood wrote:
AMA is very helpful to every rider wanting to race their serie and are up to it. (Ive heard) Try to call team Llongo...........Oh yeah!
Australian serie is really good and competetive too, So I read that Aspegren was hooked up with newfound Aussiefriends helping him out in all possible ways. He didn't cry too long. But he was probably little surprised for sure?
3/20/2012 2:53pm
Sherwood wrote:
if the swagger can do it.... anyone can?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
3/20/2012 3:12pm
Maybe Dean knows someone who can help him.

Seriously, though, there was a really good lawyer who frequented Mototalk back in the day, I can't remember her last name, but her first name was Mary, and she did the visa work for a lot of foreign motorsports talent. I don't know if she's still doing it, but someone is for the foreign riders here. Pretty important to cross your t's and dot your i's if you want to do it right, and get started ahead of time. I'm pretty sure you country has the same system.
jamma10
3/20/2012 3:20pm
Jeez what a doom-monger.

The fact is its very difficult for anyone to get a working visa for the states, sportsmen especially!
Big
3/20/2012 3:20pm
Maybe Dean knows someone who can help him. Seriously, though, there was a really good lawyer who frequented Mototalk back in the day, I can't remember...
Maybe Dean knows someone who can help him.

Seriously, though, there was a really good lawyer who frequented Mototalk back in the day, I can't remember her last name, but her first name was Mary, and she did the visa work for a lot of foreign motorsports talent. I don't know if she's still doing it, but someone is for the foreign riders here. Pretty important to cross your t's and dot your i's if you want to do it right, and get started ahead of time. I'm pretty sure you country has the same system.
Yes for sure. Aspegren did the same like he did last year and that was easy walking. Next year he will probably have som professional help with paperworks? By the way? Anyone knows BT 101s or Reed22s lawyers name and phonenr? Maybe Honda has their own guy? Wink
DrSweden
3/20/2012 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2012 3:35pm
Dunno, I hear it's related to us customs and what was told to them previously, rather than what was told them this time. Sad I hear he got a decent offer elsewhere though! Smile

Bummer though...
Big
3/20/2012 3:22pm
Of course if Mary is around maybe she can help other riders? Helloo Mary! Help?
DownSouth
3/20/2012 3:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2012 3:25pm
With a certain types of Visa's isn't it necessary at times to fly home, stay a day or two, and then return to the US to restart the clock? I seem to remember some foreign rider (maybe DV934) mention that years ago.
DrSweden
3/20/2012 3:27pm
DownSouth wrote:
With a certain types of Visa's isn't it necessary at times to fly home, stay a day or two, and then return to the US to...
With a certain types of Visa's isn't it necessary at times to fly home, stay a day or two, and then return to the US to restart the clock? I seem to remember some foreign rider (maybe DV934) mention that years ago.
As a tourist you can rape the us-boarders ambitiously, but as soon as "they" smell income, they go all Patriot-act or whatever on your butt.
Big
3/20/2012 3:33pm
DrSweden wrote:
Dunno, I hear it's related to us customs and what was told to them previously, rather than what was told them this time. :( I hear...
Dunno, I hear it's related to us customs and what was told to them previously, rather than what was told them this time. Sad I hear he got a decent offer elsewhere though! Smile

Bummer though...
Yepp! He's racing for sure and that's the main thing. I only heard secondhand rumours said that he already had his national #plate and they thougt he was "working" for living. If you have special knowledge or specific skills that can't be found inside the US, you are aloud to "work" there. Aspegren was maybe not that fast for a team? But he had been working and got sponsors in Sweden backing him for a full season without any salary or income at all.
jamma10
3/20/2012 3:37pm
DownSouth wrote:
With a certain types of Visa's isn't it necessary at times to fly home, stay a day or two, and then return to the US to...
DrSweden wrote:
As a tourist you can rape the us-boarders ambitiously, but as soon as "they" smell income, they go all Patriot-act or whatever on your butt.
Yeah, I think it depends on whether you're taking a salary from an American based employer.

My brother in law has been racing cars in the states on a visitors visa, or something similar, for a few years, but this year he's racing ALMS and the Grand AM Rolex series full time and the amount of hoops he's had to jump through has been ridiculous.

I wish I could remember everything he was telling me just recently, but the process was relentless and took forever.
slipdog
3/20/2012 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2012 3:38pm
Sherwood wrote:
if the swagger can do it.... anyone can?
Ouch.... low blow! You could get clicked for that... or so I hear Laughing
Big
3/20/2012 3:41pm
DownSouth wrote:
The 3-monthdeal. Race 3 month, fly home, Race 3 again. totally 6 in one year. BUT some customer may dislike you doing that and just put you on next flight home. Then you have to beg and wait a couple of years before you are welcome? I understand The states having a tuff time but this Swede was actually bringing money in and buying all necessery racingstuff. From a struggling dealer in Ca?
mx_563
3/20/2012 3:44pm
I think you have been spoiled by the Schengenregelverket

Ask your mom and dad about how people used to travel in Europe in the 70s, the procedures involved with getting work visas etc.

The USA is not part of the Schengenregelverket and has some strict (some would argue not strict enough) rules about who comes in, for how long, and whether they are allowed to work (professional sports are considered a form of employment). Be happy that as a Swede, you can enter the USA for tourist purposes without a Visa.

Despite being a full member of the EU, a US ally in Iraq, a member of NATO, despite getting through the economic crisis better than many Western European countries, my Polish relatives cannot visit my parents in California without first dealing with a lot of red tape to get a tourist Visa.

Your friend was careless last year. This year he will suffer the consequences. Redirect your anger, dude.
jamma10
3/20/2012 3:45pm
Unfortunately much of it is to do with 9/11 still.
DrSweden
3/20/2012 3:46pm
Big wrote:
Yepp! He's racing for sure and that's the main thing. I only heard secondhand rumours said that he already had his national #plate and they thougt...
Yepp! He's racing for sure and that's the main thing. I only heard secondhand rumours said that he already had his national #plate and they thougt he was "working" for living. If you have special knowledge or specific skills that can't be found inside the US, you are aloud to "work" there. Aspegren was maybe not that fast for a team? But he had been working and got sponsors in Sweden backing him for a full season without any salary or income at all.
It sux, and doesn't make sense for me. Personal experience from both places, I feel much is ignored in the US, when focusing on regulations, forms or government awareness as in contrast to Sweden. But... when it comes to immigration laws, the US comes out as the most regulated, stubborn place on earth! Blink Odd considering the country was founded on immigration (in contrast to Sweden that is way more open to it)? Whistling This is a essay discussion though, and it is what it is...Dry

I'm glad Noren at least did it the right way...Smile
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
3/20/2012 3:55pm
DrSweden wrote:
You deviant Swedes; if you like to "rape the us-boarders ambitiously," you're not staying at my house forcryingoutloud . . . .
Big
3/20/2012 3:58pm
mx_563 wrote:
I think you have been spoiled by the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement]Schengenregelverket[/url] Ask your mom and dad about how people used to travel in Europe in the 70s, the...
I think you have been spoiled by the Schengenregelverket

Ask your mom and dad about how people used to travel in Europe in the 70s, the procedures involved with getting work visas etc.

The USA is not part of the Schengenregelverket and has some strict (some would argue not strict enough) rules about who comes in, for how long, and whether they are allowed to work (professional sports are considered a form of employment). Be happy that as a Swede, you can enter the USA for tourist purposes without a Visa.

Despite being a full member of the EU, a US ally in Iraq, a member of NATO, despite getting through the economic crisis better than many Western European countries, my Polish relatives cannot visit my parents in California without first dealing with a lot of red tape to get a tourist Visa.

Your friend was careless last year. This year he will suffer the consequences. Redirect your anger, dude.
We have to get visa too even for 3 months.Redirect your anger, dude? Like my relatives had to flee from polen to US because they had crooked noses just before WW2? They had probably Visatrouble. And a portion of anger maybe? And i can't ask my father since i couldn't find him in the states while he was alive. But that's a totally different story.Wink

Post a reply to: Aspegren denied visa?

The Latest