Tyler Villopoto where are you?

Nesc39
10/14/2017 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 4:54am
What is the story on Tyler. You never hear anything about him. How can you go through life being Ryan‘s brother but you’re like a ghost. I know he rides but I never see any results from him. Has he even raced a national or Supercross before? Just seems like a natural thing to do
in his situation.
You would think you would at least see an interview with him or in a video with Ryan. Even if it was just something like Ryans new track or them hunting or hanging out. I don’t know, it just seems like they are embarrassed of him and hiding him lol. I’ve never ever heard Ryan mention his name.
|
305FC250
10/14/2017 1:27pm
125 dream race
Canadian nationals
Arenacross

I don't know results off the top of my head except for that he got 2nd at the 125 dream race in August. He's a pretty fast dude for sure. There are interviews on youtube but they are all pretty old. I remember in one interview he states he doesn't think he can achieve the success that his brother had. He's been pretty low profile the last few years. Don't know why.
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
10/14/2017 4:19pm
Who cares - hes not a multi time national champion & possibly one of, if not the greatest motocross racer of all time... unlike his brother.
AlexB289
Fantasy
3241st
10/14/2017 7:12pm
He rips a cr250. Try using social media for some of your answers.
Acidreamer
10/14/2017 7:16pm
Tyler might not be a good enough rider to be making it big. The last name doesnt make you fast.

The Shop

JB 19
10/14/2017 9:16pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Tyler might not be a good enough rider to be making it big. The last name doesnt make you fast.
The last name may not make one fast, but in Tyler's case he appears to go pretty damn fast on his own.
MikeyB35
10/14/2017 9:46pm
I have bit my tongue on your posts before but i cant let this go. You are a terrible representative of new england motocross, your probably a great guy but you say some weird stuff on here. Please drop the nesc from your name. Signed, all of New England
mark_swart
10/15/2017 9:53am
I've seen him at a few races up here, like someone said he was second at Dream Race this year too. I get the feeling he is a dude who loves riding and racing but probably didn't want to put himself through what it would take to be where Ryan was. Talent-wise... yeah, he's incredible. And he rocks on the two strokes, so you have to love that!
MudPup545
10/15/2017 10:01am
AlexB289 wrote:
He rips a cr250. Try using social media for some of your answers.
I believe the OP just literally did that.
Nesc39
4/11/2018 8:26am
MikeyB35 wrote:
I have bit my tongue on your posts before but i cant let this go. You are a terrible representative of new england motocross, your probably...
I have bit my tongue on your posts before but i cant let this go. You are a terrible representative of new england motocross, your probably a great guy but you say some weird stuff on here. Please drop the nesc from your name. Signed, all of New England
Who said I was representing New England? My opinions don’t matter but your opinions are ground zero for anyone in nesc. A 30+ novice? Ok.
Please explain what you had to bite your toungue about. What is so strange about asking why the brother is MIA (in my opinion)
You hear from mom, dad, and sister .....where’s tyler? I listen to prob 10hours of moto podcasts a week, and NEVER heard his name once. Did I say he had to win a national? No I said where is he.
Did you hear about Jeff alessi? Did you hear about Malcolm, Tommy Hahn, Tyler Wharton? Tyson vohlland? Should I keep going?
My point is if your a top motocross athlete or any other sport and you have a brother, there’s a very good chance he follows your footsteps and tries to be like you. If you disagree, well your wrong.
I never hear anything about Tyler, sorry I’m not up to the minute in Pacific Northwest moto. Thanks for the suggestions but Im gonna keep the name.
Titan1
4/11/2018 8:54am
Tyler taught a riding school in St. George Utah a few weeks ago...
Superdave19
4/11/2018 9:38am
Nesc39 wrote:
What is the story on Tyler. You never hear anything about him. How can you go through life being Ryan‘s brother but you’re like a ghost...
What is the story on Tyler. You never hear anything about him. How can you go through life being Ryan‘s brother but you’re like a ghost. I know he rides but I never see any results from him. Has he even raced a national or Supercross before? Just seems like a natural thing to do
in his situation.
You would think you would at least see an interview with him or in a video with Ryan. Even if it was just something like Ryans new track or them hunting or hanging out. I don’t know, it just seems like they are embarrassed of him and hiding him lol. I’ve never ever heard Ryan mention his name.
It’s completely irrelevant what his brother’s accomplishments are-

Everyone has their own path in life..
greenmx5
4/11/2018 9:51am
Nesc39 wrote:
What is the story on Tyler. You never hear anything about him. How can you go through life being Ryan‘s brother but you’re like a ghost...
in his situation.

I bet some people still don't know Ryan Dungey has brothers that race.
4/11/2018 10:15am
Just because your brother is one of the best in his profession, doesn’t mean you will follow those footsteps too.

I have a twin brother who has absolutely zero interest in dirt bikes, Motocross in general. Weird but it happens.
crf250pilot
4/11/2018 10:22am
Just because your brother is one of the best in his profession, doesn’t mean you will follow those footsteps too. I have a twin brother who...
Just because your brother is one of the best in his profession, doesn’t mean you will follow those footsteps too.

I have a twin brother who has absolutely zero interest in dirt bikes, Motocross in general. Weird but it happens.
So he's the smart oneLaughing
4/11/2018 10:23am
MudPup545 wrote:
I believe the OP just literally did that.
I thought the same thing, and then lol' when you post that... great minds and stuff.
SPODEBOY
4/11/2018 10:24am

It's a legit question. Dude's just looking for some info hoping someone on here might know something is all. Don't understand all the hazing. LoL...
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
4/11/2018 10:48am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2018 11:06am
You don't really hear anything about him, because he's not really fast enough to make any news.
liver
4/11/2018 6:50pm
He was in Utah a few weeks ago training a group of minis, a raw 2 stoker talent on his CR250 and over rides the hell out the track, corner speed was amazing, loves to whip anything. To me, his training was the best I’ve seen at the mini level, I really hope we can get him back here for the kids. To my amazement, the group training cost was too cheap. Im data driven and tend to place value on everything, he’s not charging his level of value. He placed heavy praise and admiration about use parents supporting our kids with moto. Seemed like a really good person trying to catch his big break in moto.
liver
4/11/2018 6:52pm
Just because your brother is one of the best in his profession, doesn’t mean you will follow those footsteps too. I have a twin brother who...

That’s not weird at all. That fact that you think it’s weird, is weird.
MX Culture
4/11/2018 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2018 7:09pm
SPODEBOY wrote:

It's a legit question. Dude's just looking for some info hoping someone on here might know something is all. Don't understand all the hazing. LoL...
But it gets brought up every 6 weeks as Shift22 has clearly proven above ^^^
why doesn't anyone search anything?
Next, someone's going to ask where Austin Stoupe is....
BigDaddyG
4/12/2018 9:38am
Tyler is super fast, faster than 99% of the dudes on Vital and I would kill to have it abilities on dirtbike. His style is so rad, He's a treat to watch ride. There is a pic of him on kawi250f layed over flat about a foot off the ground somewhere out there on the interwebs.
Nesc39
4/12/2018 9:58am

Superdave and craigathan. What are you talking about? Show me where I said Tyler has to be a champion. Show me where I said Tyler has to be similar in speed. Show me where I said it is 100% fact that Tyler needs to be exactly like Ryan. Last but not least show me where I said Ryans accomplishments have anything to do with WHERE Tyler is.
What I did say was that I never hear Ryan mention him, ever. Its MY OPINION that when 2 brothers both grew up racing the same sport and traveling the country together racing, practicing and living together that you would at least hear his name mentioned.
As far as everyone havjng their own path in life, Tyler actually was following right in Ryan’s footsteps, he was trying to race motocross! (Look st all the recent exhibits from 6 years ago that shiftmx22 pointed out) I find it strange that Ryan wouldn’t try to get him some exposure by acknowledging he is alive. At the very least I expect you would see a video of them riding together and hanging out at some point over a 10 year period.
I asked a simple question and some of you answered with totally normal responses and I appreciate it. Thanks
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
4/12/2018 10:32am
Nesc39 wrote:
Superdave and craigathan. What are you talking about? Show me where I said Tyler has to be a champion. Show me where I said Tyler has...
Superdave and craigathan. What are you talking about? Show me where I said Tyler has to be a champion. Show me where I said Tyler has to be similar in speed. Show me where I said it is 100% fact that Tyler needs to be exactly like Ryan. Last but not least show me where I said Ryans accomplishments have anything to do with WHERE Tyler is.
What I did say was that I never hear Ryan mention him, ever. Its MY OPINION that when 2 brothers both grew up racing the same sport and traveling the country together racing, practicing and living together that you would at least hear his name mentioned.
As far as everyone havjng their own path in life, Tyler actually was following right in Ryan’s footsteps, he was trying to race motocross! (Look st all the recent exhibits from 6 years ago that shiftmx22 pointed out) I find it strange that Ryan wouldn’t try to get him some exposure by acknowledging he is alive. At the very least I expect you would see a video of them riding together and hanging out at some point over a 10 year period.
I asked a simple question and some of you answered with totally normal responses and I appreciate it. Thanks
I'm seriously not trying to be a dick when I answer this question, you don't hear Ryan talk about him because they don't run in the same crowds, that's the easiest way there is to say it.

As far as Ryan not helping him, he got him a ride in Canada on a monster Kawasaki team in the 250f class where Tyler pretty much proved what most people know, he's not that fast. Yes, he's got killer style and he can whip a bike flat, but that doesn't make him fast. Maybe he should go do what axell Hodges did.
mxb2
4/12/2018 1:35pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Tyler is super fast, faster than 99% of the dudes on Vital and I would kill to have it abilities on dirtbike. His style is so...
Tyler is super fast, faster than 99% of the dudes on Vital and I would kill to have it abilities on dirtbike. His style is so rad, He's a treat to watch ride. There is a pic of him on kawi250f layed over flat about a foot off the ground somewhere out there on the interwebs.
Good comparison. Lol. Comparing him to 40-50 vet riders.
aharper33
4/12/2018 2:11pm
Nesc39 wrote:
Superdave and craigathan. What are you talking about? Show me where I said Tyler has to be a champion. Show me where I said Tyler has...
Do you realize that pretty much since Ryan turned pro he didnt talk to anyone in his family until maybe the last year or so of his career. Thats probably the biggest reason you dont see any pictures of them riding together in the last 10 years. I actually dont really remember them hanging out to much at the track together when they were kids. Tyler was kind of on the same path as Malcom Stewart. Fast but not really fast enough to be on to many peoples radar when he was coming up as an amateur. Malcom made that jump to the national level. Tyler did not.
Drtbykr
4/12/2018 3:08pm
Saw him race at The Glade. Reminded me of Josh Hill is a way. Hill was all about super air, and Tyler was scrubbing and whipping like a madman. Not the fastest way around, but super fun to watch.
He was showing his oil drain plug everywhere.

My Brother has a Canadian Amateur hockey championship at the highest amateur level and their team is in the HoF, and I don’t.

That’s ok.
BobbyM
4/12/2018 4:01pm
Acidreamer wrote:
He doesn't care about racing, wishes he could play hockey or baseball
drt410
4/12/2018 5:58pm
Hes very fast, which im sure comes with Ryan being your brother. I dont know why he wouldnt try to get a ride for the 250's hes absolutely faster than quite a few guys out there. If he wanted to he could have a ride which means he doesnt want to because hes blazing fast.

Post a reply to: Tyler Villopoto where are you?

The Latest