Tyler Poto

Grieby54
3/23/2012 9:42am
Critiquing his style is essentially saying that you know how to do it better - so yes, the validity of your criticism is based on whether or not you can actually do it better. If it's such a small minded argument, why does it seem to by flying right over your head?
JW381
3/23/2012 9:45am
Critiquing his style is essentially saying he has seen others who he believes do it better. Not that he himself can do it better, which he doesn't have to be able to do.
Grieby54
3/23/2012 9:48am
That'd be like me speaking to a physicist and saying "Pretty sure you're wasting your time. I think Einstein did it better..."
BobbyM
3/23/2012 9:51am
man if he doesn't waste any time doing all those crossups he might have a chance to win one...

The Shop

Uncleof2
3/23/2012 9:53am
mooremoto wrote:
https://youtu.be/Tc0C-sQ7b4E Looks like he's having some fun while he's training. And in life. I will be rooting for the kid; he's definitely not cut and dry...
https://youtu.be/Tc0C-sQ7b4E

Looks like he's having some fun while he's training. And in life. I will be rooting for the kid; he's definitely not cut and dry like his brother.
Thanks for posting that footage, I've been just taking his word that he's been riding down in Cali.Wink
BobbyM
3/23/2012 9:55am
Uncleof2 wrote:
That coming from a guy with a Duck Head on his avatar. Tyler is not weird, pretty normal 21 year old. Don't know why you and...
That coming from a guy with a Duck Head on his avatar. Tyler is not weird, pretty normal 21 year old.
Don't know why you and SL91 have to start being negative about a kid you don't even know. You could
say whatever you want to his face and he would just say "whatever", Tylers a lover not a fighter. He has
more natural ability than Ryan, but not the drive thus far. He is indeed riding the Canadian Nationals
this summer and if he stays healthy he will give Facciotti a run for his money. If anyone else has any
questions about Tyler I would be glad to answer or find out for you. He is one of my favorite nephews
and always comes by the house for his Aunties cooking. He has been down in Cali training and riding
for a couple of months now. I call him once a week to check in how things are going.
three9zero wrote:
Not be "Negative" or so you put is sir , but what you are claiming is that Tyler has top 10 AMA pro speed and fitness...
Not be "Negative" or so you put is sir , but what you are claiming is that Tyler has top 10 AMA pro speed and fitness, b/c that's what Colton has. To win the MX1 title up in the Great White North, Tyler will have to be great at hard pack, EXCEL in mud, KILL IT in the sand, as well as put down his fastest laps 30 min into a moto, all on tracks he's never been to and against riders he's never raced.
He may keep Colton, Dusty, T-dags or Keast honest on a few occasions perhaps, but a run for their money we will have to see when the gate drops.......
Uncleof2 wrote:
Ryan and Tyler both used to go up to Canada and race in their earlier years as we are about 4 hours away from BC, Canada...
Ryan and Tyler both used to go up to Canada and race in their earlier years as we are about 4 hours away
from BC, Canada. I remember Ryan racing against Colton back then as he is older than Ryan. Are you
saying that Colton is top 10 AMA pro in the 450 class or is he still a lites rider. Tyler has been riding in Washington,
California, and Florida getting ready to go up to Canada. I'm not sure exactly where he is compared to your
champions, but like you said "we will have to see when the gate drops..." Hope I can get up there to watch him
race at least one of the West rounds.
alessi woukld kick all their ass's
GrapeApe
Fantasy
871st
3/23/2012 9:58am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2012 10:01am
Grieby54 wrote:
That'd be like me speaking to a physicist and saying "Pretty sure you're wasting your time. I think Einstein did it better..."
I admire your refusal to give up no matter how silly you make yourself look.

Commenting on style is what it is, commenting on style. Windham is smooth, Alessi struggles in the whoops, Barcia over-revs, Villopoto is a bulldog. You don't have to be Roger Decoster or RC to observe and intelligently comment on these things. Of course, their comments hold greater weight than those of an average Vet rider.
JW381
3/23/2012 10:01am
Grieby54 wrote:
If Einstein did it better, then sure. I'm sure he'd agree with you.
Grieby54
3/23/2012 10:54am
GrapeApe - I agree with you to a certain extent. When it's obvious that Alessi struggles in the whoops, or Windham's smooth - that's something you can point out. I just think all these people in here saying he has "tweaker whips" and that he's "wasting his time with all those scrubs" actually don't know. How do you know that he's not shaving a second a lap off by scrubbing the piss out of everything?

I certainly don't think you're silly, and you certainly have the right to your opinion - I just think criticizing something like that is hollow without actually knowing better.
Uncleof2
3/23/2012 12:20pm
three9zero wrote:
Not be "Negative" or so you put is sir , but what you are claiming is that Tyler has top 10 AMA pro speed and fitness...
Not be "Negative" or so you put is sir , but what you are claiming is that Tyler has top 10 AMA pro speed and fitness, b/c that's what Colton has. To win the MX1 title up in the Great White North, Tyler will have to be great at hard pack, EXCEL in mud, KILL IT in the sand, as well as put down his fastest laps 30 min into a moto, all on tracks he's never been to and against riders he's never raced.
He may keep Colton, Dusty, T-dags or Keast honest on a few occasions perhaps, but a run for their money we will have to see when the gate drops.......
Uncleof2 wrote:
Ryan and Tyler both used to go up to Canada and race in their earlier years as we are about 4 hours away from BC, Canada...
Ryan and Tyler both used to go up to Canada and race in their earlier years as we are about 4 hours away
from BC, Canada. I remember Ryan racing against Colton back then as he is older than Ryan. Are you
saying that Colton is top 10 AMA pro in the 450 class or is he still a lites rider. Tyler has been riding in Washington,
California, and Florida getting ready to go up to Canada. I'm not sure exactly where he is compared to your
champions, but like you said "we will have to see when the gate drops..." Hope I can get up there to watch him
BobbyM wrote:
Yep, I bet Mikey wished he was 14 again.Wink
3/23/2012 2:34pm
I always think the American guys are going to come up here and smoke everyone, but they never really do. From Damon Huffman in 03 when he lost the title to JSR to Georke last summer. And those guys both have wins in the States.....

That being said I think its awesome he's racing up here and I will most definitely be paying attention. Good luck TV!
3/23/2012 5:03pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
Cuts both ways Unc......tyler is 21 and ain't even entered a race.

I'm pulling for him and all but can't allow you family types to point fingers and hide behind Ryans accomplishments.
fader418
3/23/2012 5:18pm
BobbyM wrote:
maybe in a 4 lap race....
Mike D
3/23/2012 5:20pm
Ive been trying to resist posting in this thread. WHO ever said Tyler was headed to Canada to be the odds on favorite? Im sure he will race to win, like the other 39 guys on the gate, but Im sure he is realalistic. Its my understanding Tyler didnt really race Ametuer Nationals, never took riding very serious and just had fun riding. Turns out the kid is pretty fast. How many other guys with his modest racing background get solid rides in ANY National series? In my opinion he has a great opportunity to ride some great tracks in a lighter atmosphere than the American Nationals where, I assure the pressure would be much greater. The "good equipment " would be tough to come by with no solid racing resume in the U.S. Go to Canada get some professional experience go fast work hard and have the U.S. teams knocking on your door. Great choice IMO
BR_HERO
3/23/2012 5:49pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
Laughing
MR. X
3/23/2012 7:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2012 7:07pm
I always think the American guys are going to come up here and smoke everyone, but they never really do. From Damon Huffman in 03 when...
I always think the American guys are going to come up here and smoke everyone, but they never really do. From Damon Huffman in 03 when he lost the title to JSR to Georke last summer. And those guys both have wins in the States.....

That being said I think its awesome he's racing up here and I will most definitely be paying attention. Good luck TV!
What about Paul Carpenter ? I thought he went to canada to race a couple years ago . Just curious how he ended up in the standings.
Uncleof2
3/23/2012 9:42pm
BobbyM wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
Cuts both ways Unc......tyler is 21 and ain't even entered a race. I'm pulling for him and all but can't allow you family types to point...
Cuts both ways Unc......tyler is 21 and ain't even entered a race.

I'm pulling for him and all but can't allow you family types to point fingers and hide behind Ryans accomplishments.
Sorry, I don't get what your saying. MA used to beat everyone, including Ryan, in his amatuer days, but
not so much now. BobbyM was referring to Mikes dominance back then and I responded by saying
that I bet Mike wished he could return to that kind of dominance.
exsarg
3/26/2012 9:11am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2012 9:13am
hes awsome but will never see klatt or colt until they lap him. he as much admitted that in the vid. top 10 would be good. dont see a top 5this season.
roughneck
3/26/2012 9:34am
If he gets the right trainer behind him..who knows..Iam sure the right guys working with him..he would stop the whips and only scrub when he needs to..Ya dont see his brother whipping all over the place..just a big whip for the win...all business
Hando
3/26/2012 10:43am
lol @ all the canadiens saying hes going to get smoked by their top pros

his bro is the best rider in the world right now...im sure in a few months he will be dominating Canadas national series
bangmyhead
3/26/2012 10:59am
dude is sick, cant wait to see him out there
Matthes
3/26/2012 11:07am
I helped a little bit in setting this deal up as RV has done a real solid for his brother in reaching out to Leading Edge to make sure this can happen. All the bench racing back and forth is great but in no way does RV himself (or me for that matter) think that Tyler is going to go out there and win. Let's start with getting some top tens and go from there.
exsarg
3/26/2012 3:05pm
Hando wrote:
lol @ all the canadiens saying hes going to get smoked by their top pros his bro is the best rider in the world right now...im...
lol @ all the canadiens saying hes going to get smoked by their top pros

his bro is the best rider in the world right now...im sure in a few months he will be dominating Canadas national series
jesus christ man that will not happen!!!! what dif does it make that his brother is the best in the world.hes seems like a good kid/young man but he is gonna get his ass kicked. i can assure you. a top ten here will be a good goal as mathes said.
burnside
3/26/2012 3:14pm
How can you guys see anything negative in that video? He clearly loves the sport and his style is bonkers.
3/26/2012 4:18pm
Matthes wrote:
I helped a little bit in setting this deal up as RV has done a real solid for his brother in reaching out to Leading Edge...
I helped a little bit in setting this deal up as RV has done a real solid for his brother in reaching out to Leading Edge to make sure this can happen. All the bench racing back and forth is great but in no way does RV himself (or me for that matter) think that Tyler is going to go out there and win. Let's start with getting some top tens and go from there.
How did he get his pro license as he has no results/ race history?
Hando
3/26/2012 4:39pm
the average C rider in America is as fast as a Canadian Exert/Pro lol
exsarg
3/26/2012 5:16pm
Hando wrote:
fuck you handjob!!!
three9zero
3/26/2012 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2012 5:30pm
Hando wrote:
You are an ignorant white trash piece of shit skin-head/nazi /KKK member. If any of the moderators on this site knew what your profile name represented and had ever watched that movie, you would be banned from this site within 2 seconds, please go kill yourself.
Uncleof2
3/26/2012 5:39pm
zghosty wrote:
Thanks for the post of Tyler. I think he is getting it. We all believed in him, but he has to believe
in himself and put in the hard work. I like his expectations and I will be supporting him all the way.
I guess I will have to change my Sig to Uncleof2&61. Go T-RAE!!

Post a reply to: Tyler Poto

The Latest