Tyler Poto

three9zero
3/22/2012 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2012 2:28pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
That coming from a guy with a Duck Head on his avatar. Tyler is not weird, pretty normal 21 year old. Don't know why you and...
That coming from a guy with a Duck Head on his avatar. Tyler is not weird, pretty normal 21 year old.
Don't know why you and SL91 have to start being negative about a kid you don't even know. You could
say whatever you want to his face and he would just say "whatever", Tylers a lover not a fighter. He has
more natural ability than Ryan, but not the drive thus far. He is indeed riding the Canadian Nationals
this summer and if he stays healthy he will give Facciotti a run for his money. If anyone else has any
questions about Tyler I would be glad to answer or find out for you. He is one of my favorite nephews
and always comes by the house for his Aunties cooking. He has been down in Cali training and riding
for a couple of months now. I call him once a week to check in how things are going.
three9zero wrote:
Not be "Negative" or so you put is sir , but what you are claiming is that Tyler has top 10 AMA pro speed and fitness...
Not be "Negative" or so you put is sir , but what you are claiming is that Tyler has top 10 AMA pro speed and fitness, b/c that's what Colton has. To win the MX1 title up in the Great White North, Tyler will have to be great at hard pack, EXCEL in mud, KILL IT in the sand, as well as put down his fastest laps 30 min into a moto, all on tracks he's never been to and against riders he's never raced.
He may keep Colton, Dusty, T-dags or Keast honest on a few occasions perhaps, but a run for their money we will have to see when the gate drops.......
Uncleof2 wrote:
Ryan and Tyler both used to go up to Canada and race in their earlier years as we are about 4 hours away from BC, Canada...
Ryan and Tyler both used to go up to Canada and race in their earlier years as we are about 4 hours away
from BC, Canada. I remember Ryan racing against Colton back then as he is older than Ryan. Are you
saying that Colton is top 10 AMA pro in the 450 class or is he still a lites rider. Tyler has been riding in Washington,
California, and Florida getting ready to go up to Canada. I'm not sure exactly where he is compared to your
champions, but like you said "we will have to see when the gate drops..." Hope I can get up there to watch him
race at least one of the West rounds.
It will be great to have Tyler up here running our series. His last name alone will bring more people out to watch...
FYI, Colton rode the last few 2011 AMA nationals in the 450 class after winning his 3rd title up here last summer, he came 5th the first moto at Southwick and had a mechanical dnf the 2nd moto on his Blackfoot Yamaha, then at budds he went 10-13 on a Troy Lee Honda, and 8th and DNF @ Pala( he was taken out in the first turn of the 2nd moto by the Byrner, and had a concussion.... I would not underestimate Colton's speed or fitness. Colton is a really big guy and has not raced the lights class since 2006..... he is VERY smooth and in VERY good shape, and often runs his fastest lap times at the end of a 30 min + 2 lap moto with a 30 second lead.
If Tyler plans on running with Colton( or Dusty Klatt for that matter) he better be in close to as good of shape as his brother.

And if you make it to the Calgary round, send me a PM and we can have a beer or 2 while watching the race.
TJ 755
3/22/2012 2:30pm
How did this turn into a Faciotti vs TV thread? Even Ryan was still on a mini when Colton used to come down here like ten years ago. Tyler was a serious grom back then.
MT MX
3/22/2012 2:36pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
Ryan and Tyler both used to go up to Canada and race in their earlier years as we are about 4 hours away from BC, Canada...
Ryan and Tyler both used to go up to Canada and race in their earlier years as we are about 4 hours away
from BC, Canada. I remember Ryan racing against Colton back then as he is older than Ryan. Are you
saying that Colton is top 10 AMA pro in the 450 class or is he still a lites rider. Tyler has been riding in Washington,
California, and Florida getting ready to go up to Canada. I'm not sure exactly where he is compared to your
champions, but like you said "we will have to see when the gate drops..." Hope I can get up there to watch him
I remember watching RV race in a Canadian National (can't remember what track, but it was hard packed and dusty) on Speed TV quite a few years ago in the Lites/125 class. It must've been a West series and he was probably 15 years old then, because he was not a pro yet here in the States. Anyways, he completely kicked the shit out of everyone. I remember I knew who he was from his amateur days, but thought 'Wow, this little shit is fast!'. Anyways, I hope Tyler has the same luck that his big bro did up North.
Sorry, I can't remember what the point was to my story............
Grieby54
3/22/2012 2:36pm
Grieby54 wrote:
GrapeApe - so my understanding is that you could beat him in a race?
GrapeApe wrote:
Please explain the relevance of the question, if possible.
Well you clearly must know how to go faster than he does if you're saying he's not doing it right.

The Shop

Grieby54
3/22/2012 2:38pm
three9zero wrote:
It will be great to have Tyler up here running our series. His last name alone will bring more people out to watch... FYI, Colton rode...
It will be great to have Tyler up here running our series. His last name alone will bring more people out to watch...
FYI, Colton rode the last few 2011 AMA nationals in the 450 class after winning his 3rd title up here last summer, he came 5th the first moto at Southwick and had a mechanical dnf the 2nd moto on his Blackfoot Yamaha, then at budds he went 10-13 on a Troy Lee Honda, and 8th and DNF @ Pala( he was taken out in the first turn of the 2nd moto by the Byrner, and had a concussion.... I would not underestimate Colton's speed or fitness. Colton is a really big guy and has not raced the lights class since 2006..... he is VERY smooth and in VERY good shape, and often runs his fastest lap times at the end of a 30 min + 2 lap moto with a 30 second lead.
If Tyler plans on running with Colton( or Dusty Klatt for that matter) he better be in close to as good of shape as his brother.

And if you make it to the Calgary round, send me a PM and we can have a beer or 2 while watching the race.
You have a SERIOUS man crush, don't you?
three9zero
3/22/2012 2:39pm
TJ 755 wrote:
How did this turn into a Faciotti vs TV thread? Even Ryan was still on a mini when Colton used to come down here like ten...
How did this turn into a Faciotti vs TV thread? Even Ryan was still on a mini when Colton used to come down here like ten years ago. Tyler was a serious grom back then.
Colton is only 23. He's been a pro up here on full sized bike since he was 14...
three9zero
3/22/2012 2:41pm
three9zero wrote:
It will be great to have Tyler up here running our series. His last name alone will bring more people out to watch... FYI, Colton rode...

Grieby54 wrote:
You have a SERIOUS man crush, don't you?
He rode for our shop for the last 4 years and he's our national champ........He's a friend of the family and even been over to my house for dinner, so yeah I guess so....lol
SL91
3/22/2012 2:42pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
That coming from a guy with a Duck Head on his avatar. Tyler is not weird, pretty normal 21 year old. Don't know why you and...
That coming from a guy with a Duck Head on his avatar. Tyler is not weird, pretty normal 21 year old.
Don't know why you and SL91 have to start being negative about a kid you don't even know. You could
say whatever you want to his face and he would just say "whatever", Tylers a lover not a fighter. He has
more natural ability than Ryan, but not the drive thus far. He is indeed riding the Canadian Nationals
this summer and if he stays healthy he will give Facciotti a run for his money. If anyone else has any
questions about Tyler I would be glad to answer or find out for you. He is one of my favorite nephews
and always comes by the house for his Aunties cooking. He has been down in Cali training and riding
for a couple of months now. I call him once a week to check in how things are going.
I'm not being negative about the kid. He just whips it so much in that video that it looks funny. It's not like I said he was slow.

And BTW, there's no bloody way he will even be close to Klatt, let alone Facciotti. Do you think he could be Bobby Kiniry? Because both Klatt an Facciotti are always faster than Bobby K in the Canadian Nats. Of course, I respect your position; you're family so you've got your nephew's back.
three9zero
3/22/2012 2:45pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
MT MX wrote:
I remember watching RV race in a Canadian National (can't remember what track, but it was hard packed and dusty) on Speed TV quite a few...
I remember watching RV race in a Canadian National (can't remember what track, but it was hard packed and dusty) on Speed TV quite a few years ago in the Lites/125 class. It must've been a West series and he was probably 15 years old then, because he was not a pro yet here in the States. Anyways, he completely kicked the shit out of everyone. I remember I knew who he was from his amateur days, but thought 'Wow, this little shit is fast!'. Anyways, I hope Tyler has the same luck that his big bro did up North.
Sorry, I can't remember what the point was to my story............
That was Calgary in like 2003, it was a mud race though.... Ryan Villopoto completley kicks the shit out of everybody......He won the MXDN on a KX 307f for fuck sakes...lol

I work across the street from the that track @ Blackfoot m/s.
Grieby54
3/22/2012 2:53pm
Hey, SL91 - how'd Klatt do when he came down here? I always forget...
SL91
3/22/2012 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2012 3:33pm
Grieby54 wrote:
Klatt didn't do too well, especially on the 250s. But, we're not talking about racing down there are we?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
871st
3/22/2012 3:11pm
Grieby54 wrote:
GrapeApe - so my understanding is that you could beat him in a race?
GrapeApe wrote:
Please explain the relevance of the question, if possible.
Grieby54 wrote:
Well you clearly must know how to go faster than he does if you're saying he's not doing it right.
Great argument. I may not be a meteorologist, but somehow I can figure out when it's raining.
three9zero
3/22/2012 3:11pm
Grieby54 wrote:
He made lots of main events in the lights and 450 class, so thats better than 99.99% of the rest of the motocross racers on the planet. His problem was he rode for STAR racing, shit bike, shit team( back then anyways)
Uncleof2
3/22/2012 3:22pm
three9zero wrote:
Not be "Negative" or so you put is sir , but what you are claiming is that Tyler has top 10 AMA pro speed and fitness...
Not be "Negative" or so you put is sir , but what you are claiming is that Tyler has top 10 AMA pro speed and fitness, b/c that's what Colton has. To win the MX1 title up in the Great White North, Tyler will have to be great at hard pack, EXCEL in mud, KILL IT in the sand, as well as put down his fastest laps 30 min into a moto, all on tracks he's never been to and against riders he's never raced.
He may keep Colton, Dusty, T-dags or Keast honest on a few occasions perhaps, but a run for their money we will have to see when the gate drops.......
Uncleof2 wrote:
three9zero wrote:

That sounds good, hope you have some microbrews, because I like it dark and strong. Good to see you
are passionate about your guy. I remember now seeing Colton ride the last few nationals last year. I'm
suprised he hasn't got a full time gig down here yet. Hope there is some good racing up there this summer
and you guys treat my nephew well. I know they always liked going up there to race.
moto282
3/22/2012 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2012 3:26pm
three9zero wrote:
lol... so racing in the US he has never ridden hard pack, mud, or sand? I agree he's not going to dominate and winning races will be a challenge.... but you act like he's never raced before on different surfaces. Contrary to popular belief, there are tracks here that aren't all rice hulls/loamy dirt.
three9zero
3/22/2012 3:26pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
three9zero wrote:

Uncleof2 wrote:
That sounds good, hope you have some microbrews, because I like it dark and strong. Good to see you are passionate about your guy. I remember...
That sounds good, hope you have some microbrews, because I like it dark and strong. Good to see you
are passionate about your guy. I remember now seeing Colton ride the last few nationals last year. I'm
suprised he hasn't got a full time gig down here yet. Hope there is some good racing up there this summer
and you guys treat my nephew well. I know they always liked going up there to race.
I'll bring you some Wild Rose Brewery " Alberta Crude" , you will love it.
three9zero
3/22/2012 3:35pm
three9zero wrote:
moto282 wrote:
lol... so racing in the US he has never ridden hard pack, mud, or sand? I agree he's not going to dominate and winning races will...
lol... so racing in the US he has never ridden hard pack, mud, or sand? I agree he's not going to dominate and winning races will be a challenge.... but you act like he's never raced before on different surfaces. Contrary to popular belief, there are tracks here that aren't all rice hulls/loamy dirt.
Think your misreading my post sir, I hope little Bro Poto does great up here and has a blast travelling across the northern part of our continent. Your country has the best track in the world, Baja Acres.
BR_HERO
3/22/2012 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2012 5:16pm
SL91 wrote:
I've never seen someone waste so much energy whipping.
JW381 wrote:
They're tweaker whips too. It made me uncomfortable watching them. Glad you agree lol
Laughing at the style and technique experts here. Is it just me? Or am i sensing a little bit of bitterness (jealousy) out of you

I hope Tyler kills it.
rosebud441
3/22/2012 5:53pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2012 5:55pm
SL91 wrote:
I've never seen someone waste so much energy whipping.
JW381 wrote:
They're tweaker whips too. It made me uncomfortable watching them. Glad you agree lol
BR_HERO wrote:
:laugh: at the style and technique experts here. Is it just me? Or am i sensing a little bit of bitterness (jealousy) out of you I...
Laughing at the style and technique experts here. Is it just me? Or am i sensing a little bit of bitterness (jealousy) out of you

I hope Tyler kills it.
No kidding.. the kids just having fun on a practice day.., dinking and throwing it around anyway, You guys are defining his riding style based on that??? really... he's just being a kid, sheeesh.. I'm sure when he gets down to business, he can haul..

Just curious, what makes him weird?? I like weirdo's
JW381
3/22/2012 6:37pm
JW381 wrote:
BR_HERO wrote:
:laugh: at the style and technique experts here. Is it just me? Or am i sensing a little bit of bitterness (jealousy) out of you I...

I hope Tyler kills it.
rosebud441 wrote:
No kidding.. the kids just having fun on a practice day.., dinking and throwing it around anyway, You guys are defining his riding style based on...
No kidding.. the kids just having fun on a practice day.., dinking and throwing it around anyway, You guys are defining his riding style based on that??? really... he's just being a kid, sheeesh.. I'm sure when he gets down to business, he can haul..

Just curious, what makes him weird?? I like weirdo's
Not defining any style. Just commenting on his tweaker whips. Its not jealousy, I am plenty fine admitting I'm not as fast or good as Tyler. I don't have to be in order to say it looks like has a seizure over jumps. I'll stand by what I said before. My opinion is that he's a weird kid. Big deal. Last time I saw him he strutted around washougal with his pants halfway down like he was in a rap vid. That's my impression of him. Am I gonna get clicked for having a very general impression about a kid I've seen at the track a few times? Not like I wished him I'll will or anything. Sheesh, y'all.
mooremoto
3/22/2012 10:44pm
JW381 wrote:
Not defining any style. Just commenting on his tweaker whips. Its not jealousy, I am plenty fine admitting I'm not as fast or good as Tyler...
Not defining any style. Just commenting on his tweaker whips. Its not jealousy, I am plenty fine admitting I'm not as fast or good as Tyler. I don't have to be in order to say it looks like has a seizure over jumps. I'll stand by what I said before. My opinion is that he's a weird kid. Big deal. Last time I saw him he strutted around washougal with his pants halfway down like he was in a rap vid. That's my impression of him. Am I gonna get clicked for having a very general impression about a kid I've seen at the track a few times? Not like I wished him I'll will or anything. Sheesh, y'all.
So,,,,,, judging his pant sagging character off the bike defines him as a weird kid? Does weird make someone slow? What is your definition of weird, and what parameter do you measure weirdness with??

If he got my brand up on the box, and created a healthy buzz while doing it; I wouldn't give two squirts of piss whether or not he is "weird" by your standards.

It's true, It may "weird" you out knowing the fact your older brother makes millions riding dirt scooters while you haven't had that success yet.......
AND
What would this sport be without interesting individuals(JW381 thinks this is WEIRD) like Bob Hannah, Jason Lawerence, and James Stewart???

Just ask DV12
mooremoto
3/22/2012 10:56pm
https://youtu.be/Tc0C-sQ7b4E

Looks like he's having some fun while he's training. And in life. I will be rooting for the kid; he's definitely not cut and dry like his brother.
wildbill
3/22/2012 11:15pm
JW381 wrote:
Not defining any style. Just commenting on his tweaker whips. Its not jealousy, I am plenty fine admitting I'm not as fast or good as Tyler...
would behoove you to think a bit before posting.

"I know it's tempting to click submit without thinking first, but give it a try. Remember, half as much, twice as good."
JW381
3/22/2012 11:19pm
JW381 wrote:
mooremoto wrote:
So,,,,,, judging his pant sagging character off the bike defines him as a weird kid? Does weird make someone slow? What is your definition of weird...
So,,,,,, judging his pant sagging character off the bike defines him as a weird kid? Does weird make someone slow? What is your definition of weird, and what parameter do you measure weirdness with??

If he got my brand up on the box, and created a healthy buzz while doing it; I wouldn't give two squirts of piss whether or not he is "weird" by your standards.

It's true, It may "weird" you out knowing the fact your older brother makes millions riding dirt scooters while you haven't had that success yet.......
AND
What would this sport be without interesting individuals(JW381 thinks this is WEIRD) like Bob Hannah, Jason Lawerence, and James Stewart???

Just ask DV12
Haha when did I make mention about any of those things?! I didn't say he was slow or someone shouldn't hire him or anything. Your argument is terrible. I like Hannah. I like Lawrence. I don't like Tyler Villopoto. Is this a fucking joke??! Lol
lilbulld
3/23/2012 3:01am
mooremoto wrote:
https://youtu.be/Tc0C-sQ7b4E Looks like he's having some fun while he's training. And in life. I will be rooting for the kid; he's definitely not cut and dry...
https://youtu.be/Tc0C-sQ7b4E

Looks like he's having some fun while he's training. And in life. I will be rooting for the kid; he's definitely not cut and dry like his brother.
Good lord, from all the footage I've seen that kid's bike skills are straight nasty... looks like hes a very athletic kid with some serious fast twitch action as well
Huckster
3/23/2012 3:22am
GmacNw wrote:
"He has more natural ability than Ryan, but not the drive thus far.".... I'm glad you said that Uncleof2.. I've over heard Grandpa Poto telling a...
"He has more natural ability than Ryan, but not the drive thus far.".... I'm glad you said that Uncleof2.. I've over heard Grandpa Poto telling a groups of guys that same thing last year at the Ranch.
That is the kiss of death right there(,more natural ability).....Just ask Malcom or Jeff Alessi.....I think there was one expert on here who said jeff would be a better pro than Mike.....NO offense but those three kids have a long way to go to match their bigger brothers and that is no knock on them at all. It has to be extremely tough to live in the shadow of a bigger brother with skills like they have....
Grieby54
3/23/2012 7:36am
Grape Ape - your analogy doesn't quite work there. The meteorologist's job isn't to tell you when it's raining, it's to look at the data and decide the odds of raining in the future. So, you certainly don't have to be a meteorologist to tell when it's raining, but you won't stand much of a chance of deciding the chance of rain based on data if you're not a meteorologist.

Just like you can't tell Tyler he's doing it wrong if you can't do it better.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
871st
3/23/2012 8:09am
Grieby54 wrote:
Grape Ape - your analogy doesn't quite work there. The meteorologist's job isn't to tell you when it's raining, it's to look at the data and...
Grape Ape - your analogy doesn't quite work there. The meteorologist's job isn't to tell you when it's raining, it's to look at the data and decide the odds of raining in the future. So, you certainly don't have to be a meteorologist to tell when it's raining, but you won't stand much of a chance of deciding the chance of rain based on data if you're not a meteorologist.

Just like you can't tell Tyler he's doing it wrong if you can't do it better.
I didn't say that Tyler is doing it wrong. I said there is a difference between a true scrub and a buttwhip, and in my opinion the video was heavy on the latter. Do you really think the validity of my observation turns on whether I can beat him in a moto? I'm just as qualified to comment on his riding style as you are to tell me I'm wrong. "Could you beat him" is nothing more than a hail mary attempt thrown up by small minded people incapable of intelligent thought, the moto forum version of "I know you are but what am I."

Post a reply to: Tyler Poto

The Latest