Tyler Poto

wildbill
3/22/2012 12:12am
JW381 wrote:
All I know is kid's weird. I've seen him at washougal a few times. He's a littl off.
got the balls to say that to his face?
berno929
Fantasy
2450th
3/22/2012 12:22am
The next Mookie?
FIREfish148
3/22/2012 3:30am
BigDaddyG wrote:
What track is that????? Looks freakin killer and I want to go there! Didnt Tyler have some issues....maybe not issues but didn't take it as serioulsy...
What track is that????? Looks freakin killer and I want to go there!

Didnt Tyler have some issues....maybe not issues but didn't take it as serioulsy and kinda gave it up for a while? I know there was something along those lines....I think.
Last time I saw the kid (tyler) ride was at a P.R.O. event that was held there in 2001. Him and Ryan were there, and from what I remember tyler was having a hard time doing the smallest doubles there, and ryan was beating 3/4 of the pros there on his 80.

Needless to say I'm pretty damn impressed with how far that kid has come in 10 years. Both of them actually.
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1998th
3/22/2012 4:03am
SL91 wrote:
I've never seen someone waste so much energy whipping.
Was thinking the exact same thing.
Why do guys find it essential to whip every jump ? I sometimes watch guys at my local track and swear they are costing themselves time doing it.

The Shop

Mr Regis
3/22/2012 4:53am
saw him riding at lake elsinore 30 days ago... great style, good speed and riding super agressive... not enough for the AMA pace though ... but for sure fast enough for the canadian... His bike was looking pretty trick... i believe he get some help from vilo for the parts...
SL91
3/22/2012 5:40am
kevin204 wrote:
I don't know much about him, be he looks fast as hell and his last name doesn't hurt. Can't wait to see him this summer, maybe...
I don't know much about him, be he looks fast as hell and his last name doesn't hurt. Can't wait to see him this summer, maybe someone can finally challenge/beat Facciotti.
Beat Facciotti? You're kidding, right?
Kenny Powers
3/22/2012 7:05am
SL91 wrote:
I've never seen someone waste so much energy whipping.
chrisgg90 wrote:
Was thinking the exact same thing. Why do guys find it essential to whip every jump ? I sometimes watch guys at my local track and...
Was thinking the exact same thing.
Why do guys find it essential to whip every jump ? I sometimes watch guys at my local track and swear they are costing themselves time doing it.
He's shooting a video.... So obviously he is going to try and make it look cool. I've seen him ride many times and he doesn't always do that. And even when he does it doesn't slow him down
Kryan5
3/22/2012 7:22am
Haha, I got it. Instead of Tebow, it T-Po! Weird shit goes through my head sometimes....
exsarg
3/22/2012 7:32am
yes he rides like his bro cept for all the but whips. jesus christ these kids gotta give that shit a rest.
Grieby54
3/22/2012 7:33am
Kenny, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. All these other keyboard experts say he scrubs too much - and they're likely all much better than he is and have a better riding coach than he does (RV). So you just shut your mouth with your "thinking" business and take that elsewhere.
JW381
3/22/2012 8:04am
JW381 wrote:
All I know is kid's weird. I've seen him at washougal a few times. He's a littl off.
wildbill wrote:
I hope so, I'd like to find out.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3533rd
3/22/2012 8:09am
JW381 wrote:
wildbill wrote:
JW381 wrote:
I hope so, I'd like to find out.
I am going to go with no for $200 Alex. I dont think he has the balls to say it to his face. But I kinda see where you would think that lol ! He definitely has a style somewhat like his brothers. I am sure he imitates him as much as possible. I think I probably would to. If my brother was the fastest dude in the world at the time anyway..... Carry on
GrapeApe
Fantasy
871st
3/22/2012 8:20am
Grieby54 wrote:
Kenny, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. All these other keyboard experts say he scrubs too much - and they're likely all much...
Kenny, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. All these other keyboard experts say he scrubs too much - and they're likely all much better than he is and have a better riding coach than he does (RV). So you just shut your mouth with your "thinking" business and take that elsewhere.
There is a difference between a properly timed and executed scrub, and doing buttwhips over 25' tabletops. The video was heavy on the latter, but as someone else stated I'm sure he was just trying to do it up for the video cameras.

My guess is his brother would have been flat-landing all those tiny jumps, 'cause honey badger don't give a shit about the backsides of jumps.
roughneck
3/22/2012 8:48am
JW381 wrote:
roughneck wrote:
You been at the track in eugene sence Miller took it over? if so..has it changed
JW381 wrote:
Nope, not yet. Sounds better from what I've heard.
humm..Do we know you?

My Son's number is #525
Grieby54
3/22/2012 8:53am
GrapeApe - so my understanding is that you could beat him in a race?
peelout
3/22/2012 9:24am
JW381 wrote:
bro, Meg is weird as shit... but she can suck start a leaf blower
jeffro503
3/22/2012 10:18am
kevin204 wrote:
I don't know much about him, be he looks fast as hell and his last name doesn't hurt. Can't wait to see him this summer, maybe...
I don't know much about him, be he looks fast as hell and his last name doesn't hurt. Can't wait to see him this summer, maybe someone can finally challenge/beat Facciotti.
SL91 wrote:
I'm sure hoping he is kidding. CF is not just in a whole different class......but a different planet.

I've been on the track with TV a couple times....and the kid rips......but he is not on the same planet as CF.........not even close.

I do wish the kid luck though.....like to see what he has.
Uncleof2
3/22/2012 10:18am
JW381 wrote:
That coming from a guy with a Duck Head on his avatar. Tyler is not weird, pretty normal 21 year old.
Don't know why you and SL91 have to start being negative about a kid you don't even know. You could
say whatever you want to his face and he would just say "whatever", Tylers a lover not a fighter. He has
more natural ability than Ryan, but not the drive thus far. He is indeed riding the Canadian Nationals
this summer and if he stays healthy he will give Facciotti a run for his money. If anyone else has any
questions about Tyler I would be glad to answer or find out for you. He is one of my favorite nephews
and always comes by the house for his Aunties cooking. He has been down in Cali training and riding
for a couple of months now. I call him once a week to check in how things are going.
disbanded
Fantasy
1914th
3/22/2012 10:29am
He rides a lot like I ride - when playing Reflex
jeffro503
3/22/2012 10:32am
JW381 wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
That coming from a guy with a Duck Head on his avatar. Tyler is not weird, pretty normal 21 year old. Don't know why you and...
That coming from a guy with a Duck Head on his avatar. Tyler is not weird, pretty normal 21 year old.
Don't know why you and SL91 have to start being negative about a kid you don't even know. You could
say whatever you want to his face and he would just say "whatever", Tylers a lover not a fighter. He has
more natural ability than Ryan, but not the drive thus far. He is indeed riding the Canadian Nationals
this summer and if he stays healthy he will give Facciotti a run for his money. If anyone else has any
questions about Tyler I would be glad to answer or find out for you. He is one of my favorite nephews
and always comes by the house for his Aunties cooking. He has been down in Cali training and riding
for a couple of months now. I call him once a week to check in how things are going.
Uncle....hope you didn't take offense in what i wrote above. i was just speaking facts of when I rode with Tyler up at Burnt ridge. And yeah....he was hauling ass.....I ( at the time ) would not of thought he had gotten up to Facciotti's speed in such a short time. Either way.....what can I say.....I'll be rooting for him no matter what since he's a NW guy.
Uncleof2
3/22/2012 11:05am
jeffro503 wrote:
Uncle....hope you didn't take offense in what i wrote above. i was just speaking facts of when I rode with Tyler up at Burnt ridge. And...
Uncle....hope you didn't take offense in what i wrote above. i was just speaking facts of when I rode with Tyler up at Burnt ridge. And yeah....he was hauling ass.....I ( at the time ) would not of thought he had gotten up to Facciotti's speed in such a short time. Either way.....what can I say.....I'll be rooting for him no matter what since he's a NW guy.
No offense taken, it was said in a different tone. When Tyler was riding up here he was battling a back injury and
riding bone stock 250F's. He is getting more serious and doing the right things to go faster down in Cali. I'm not
saying he will beat Faciotti, but I bet he will give him some competition and if he gets his stamina up and keeps
from getting injured he will be on the same planet as CF. Go TV61Woohoo
kevin204
3/22/2012 12:10pm
kevin204 wrote:
SL91 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm sure hoping he is kidding. CF is not just in a whole different class......but a different planet. I've been on the track with TV a...
I'm sure hoping he is kidding. CF is not just in a whole different class......but a different planet.

I've been on the track with TV a couple times....and the kid rips......but he is not on the same planet as CF.........not even close.

I do wish the kid luck though.....like to see what he has.
Hey, I'm not saying the kid is gonna beat Facciotti, but I think he is one of the only guys we've had up here that has the talent to do it. That said, I would not be shocked if Colton has him completely covered. Either way, looking forward to finding out!
EastFlorida
3/22/2012 12:23pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
That coming from a guy with a Duck Head on his avatar. Tyler is not weird, pretty normal 21 year old. Don't know why you and...
Uncle,

Being on the east coast, I've never seen or heard of him. Has he been to Lorettas?
Husqerdo
3/22/2012 12:24pm
is there any way for people in the USA to watch the Canadian nats? streams ect?? would rly like to see them and see Tyler ride as well
zghosty
Fantasy
593rd
3/22/2012 12:37pm
i am glad he is racing up north in canada, i see him all the time riding here in wa. dude has some skill! ill be rooting for him. may have to make my way up to canada for one of those nationals.

go poto! rv2 & tv61.
three9zero
3/22/2012 12:55pm
JW381 wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
Not be "Negative" or so you put is sir , but what you are claiming is that Tyler has top 10 AMA pro speed and fitness, b/c that's what Colton has. To win the MX1 title up in the Great White North, Tyler will have to be great at hard pack, EXCEL in mud, KILL IT in the sand, as well as put down his fastest laps 30 min into a moto, all on tracks he's never been to and against riders he's never raced.
He may keep Colton, Dusty, T-dags or Keast honest on a few occasions perhaps, but a run for their money we will have to see when the gate drops.......
GrapeApe
Fantasy
871st
3/22/2012 1:13pm
Grieby54 wrote:
GrapeApe - so my understanding is that you could beat him in a race?
Please explain the relevance of the question, if possible.
Uncleof2
3/22/2012 1:17pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
Uncle,

Being on the east coast, I've never seen or heard of him. Has he been to Lorettas?
Tyler has not raced Loretta's since his 65/85 days. He was often injured and trying to stay up with older brother.
He stopped racing for a few years, but has been riding more and more over the last few years and now sees it
as his future. I hope he does good because he is a good kid and has mad skills, but needs some direction on
riding within himself. We will all see come June.
GmacNw
3/22/2012 1:54pm
"He has more natural ability than Ryan, but not the drive thus far.".... I'm glad you said that Uncleof2.. I've over heard Grandpa Poto telling a groups of guys that same thing last year at the Ranch.
Uncleof2
3/22/2012 2:05pm
JW381 wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
three9zero wrote:
Not be "Negative" or so you put is sir , but what you are claiming is that Tyler has top 10 AMA pro speed and fitness...
Not be "Negative" or so you put is sir , but what you are claiming is that Tyler has top 10 AMA pro speed and fitness, b/c that's what Colton has. To win the MX1 title up in the Great White North, Tyler will have to be great at hard pack, EXCEL in mud, KILL IT in the sand, as well as put down his fastest laps 30 min into a moto, all on tracks he's never been to and against riders he's never raced.
He may keep Colton, Dusty, T-dags or Keast honest on a few occasions perhaps, but a run for their money we will have to see when the gate drops.......
Ryan and Tyler both used to go up to Canada and race in their earlier years as we are about 4 hours away
from BC, Canada. I remember Ryan racing against Colton back then as he is older than Ryan. Are you
saying that Colton is top 10 AMA pro in the 450 class or is he still a lites rider. Tyler has been riding in Washington,
California, and Florida getting ready to go up to Canada. I'm not sure exactly where he is compared to your
champions, but like you said "we will have to see when the gate drops..." Hope I can get up there to watch him
race at least one of the West rounds.

Post a reply to: Tyler Poto

The Latest