Tyler Mcswain's Rig Stolen

mjr119
Edited Date/Time 2/17/2016 6:53am
|
newmann
2/14/2016 12:00pm
May the thieves die a slow and fiery death.
mx317
2/14/2016 1:15pm
I hate thieves! Someone kicked in my back door last Thursday and took two laptops, a tablet, $40, and my piece of mind.
user760a
2/14/2016 2:07pm
One guy in a different thread mentioned that he may have seen the truck and trailer heading north on I-75 in KY early this morning
rohleder644
2/14/2016 2:08pm
Your local gun shop should have a few options to help you with that last bit

The Shop

user760a
2/14/2016 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 2:16pm
edit
2/14/2016 3:22pm
Your local gun shop should have a few options to help you with that last bit
Better get a safe then. Thieves steal guns when you're not home too.

Anyway, what kinda rig ? Like a moto van or a Motorhome? How the hell do you jack an entire rig. That seems organized.
rohleder644
2/14/2016 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 8:25pm
I'll keep my fingers crossed for them. Bummer deal
Mini Elsinore
2/14/2016 4:44pm
Not all of us are in the database---er, uh, I mean on Facepages. Can anyone provide a quick summary?
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
2/14/2016 4:45pm
White f-350 dually pulling an enclosed trailer. All I know
2/14/2016 8:30pm
Eh well that makes sense. Thieve was probably looking for a trailer full of lawn mowers or tools.
2/14/2016 10:08pm
Eh well that makes sense. Thieve was probably looking for a trailer full of lawn mowers or tools.
I hear leaf blowers are popular in CaliBro
2/15/2016 8:50am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2016 8:51am
I hear leaf blowers are popular in CaliBro
I say that because two years ago a private NASCAR team had a small rig stolen from them during speed weeks at a rest area in the carolinas. It was a one car trailer and an f350 I think. Once they found out it was a freaking NASCAR they dumped it. Took all the tools. But with dirtbikes they can off that no problem. Kinda hard to do that with a 250k race car.
Roostermx58
2/15/2016 2:34pm
I say that because two years ago a private NASCAR team had a small rig stolen from them during speed weeks at a rest area in...
I say that because two years ago a private NASCAR team had a small rig stolen from them during speed weeks at a rest area in the carolinas. It was a one car trailer and an f350 I think. Once they found out it was a freaking NASCAR they dumped it. Took all the tools. But with dirtbikes they can off that no problem. Kinda hard to do that with a 250k race car.
Are you talking about Travis Kvapil when he had his rig stolen in Atlanta and the thieves dumping the car in the woods? http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/breaking-news-team-xtreme-racing-…
bob567
2/15/2016 6:00pm
Sad that this is now a weekly post on this board.
user760a
2/16/2016 7:35am
bob567 wrote:
Sad that this is now a weekly post on this board.
on this board, yes. If you pay any attention to moto oriented "social media" and the" PLEASE help my stuff was stolen" ads on craigslist, it is at least a daily occurrence. every time there is a race that draws people from other areas, bikes and rigs are stolen from motels. it is at epidemic level
Pirate421
2/16/2016 7:48am
Looks like I won't be brining my trailer and truck to hotels anymore camping it is. One time I actually talked the guys at the front desk into letting us park my truck and 6x10' right at the front door under the terrace that people park under to drop their bags off. Put the truck there later in the evening and everything was still there bright and early when we left. Guess we got lucky
hillbilly
2/16/2016 8:35am
I have taken the battery off my vehicle and took it to the room,thieves usually dont carry one.

You could disable it by unhooking a key component like the ecu.

I also have taken a jack and jack stands to put the trailer on. I carry air compressor and impact guns ,makes it easier than a ratchet or lug wrench.

Remove one or both trailer wheels and set on jack stands. It is trouble but not like waking and your stuff being gone.
2/16/2016 11:27am
hillbilly wrote:
I have taken the battery off my vehicle and took it to the room,thieves usually dont carry one. You could disable it by unhooking a key...
I have taken the battery off my vehicle and took it to the room,thieves usually dont carry one.

I also have taken a jack and jack stands to put the trailer on. I carry air compressor and impact guns ,makes it easier than a ratchet or lug wrench.

Remove one or both trailer wheels and set on jack stands. It is trouble but not like waking and your stuff being gone.
All good ideas.
If I'm parking somewhere iffy, I swap plug wires around. Truck will crank, but she won't run, and if you're lucky it'll belch a couple back fires. It's quick to put back as well.
KMC440
2/16/2016 3:18pm
Just stay up and shoot the fuckers.
The Rock
2/16/2016 5:09pm
hillbilly wrote:
I have taken the battery off my vehicle and took it to the room,thieves usually dont carry one. You could disable it by unhooking a key...

It appears what you describe should be the new SOP for all racers. Shame it has come to this but like you said it would be worth the aggravation.
hillbilly
2/16/2016 6:59pm
In 87 I went to Anderson SC for the national,how they got it has to be a story of blackmail or something.

Rented a room st some dump to cool off as it was hotter than the surface of the sun.

Took this long legged lithium popping girl to turn on the AC for me .

She is all splayed out on the bed,door open,while I'm out by my datsun truck a fixin to bring my bikes in.

A rental car pulls in and 2 Japanese guys get out and spy my ride for later on the bed and they start babbling something in sushi with a grin on their faces. Just as i was about to ask if they knew harry s truman I spy in the cars huge glass hatchback 2 sets of those beautiful showa works forks and 2 trick showa shocks for team red.

Damn, dont they know the neighborhood i think.

They let them lay all night like that,never would be there today.

I kept them up with a loose headboard,prolly why they forgot Larry's fuel the next day.
2/16/2016 7:23pm
hillbilly wrote:
In 87 I went to Anderson SC for the national,how they got it has to be a story of blackmail or something. Rented a room st...
In 87 I went to Anderson SC for the national,how they got it has to be a story of blackmail or something.

Rented a room st some dump to cool off as it was hotter than the surface of the sun.

She is all splayed out on the bed,door open,while I'm out by my datsun truck a fixin to bring my bikes in.

A rental car pulls in and 2 Japanese guys get out and spy my ride for later on the bed and they start babbling something in sushi with a grin on their faces. Just as i was about to ask if they knew harry s truman I spy in the cars huge glass hatchback 2 sets of those beautiful showa works forks and 2 trick showa shocks for team red.

I kept them up with a loose headboard,prolly why they forgot Larry's fuel the next day.
Was any of that English?
bangmyhead
2/16/2016 7:52pm
hillbilly wrote:
In 87 I went to Anderson SC for the national,how they got it has to be a story of blackmail or something. Rented a room st...

Was any of that English?
Just read it reallll slow and it'll all make sense Wink
steve_97060
2/16/2016 8:53pm
hillbilly wrote:

Was any of that English?
8tensolutions
2/16/2016 8:58pm
I completely agree this is a bad situation for the owner just like any other property theft. However, setting up a go fund me account due to a poor decision (lack of insurance) is downright silly. This is a luxury sport no matter how you look at it. Insurance on a MX bike may as well be free as inexpensive as it is and if not then don't own a bike......not to mention having a brand new trailer without coverage?

Look at it this way, if you want a new bike, do you set up a go fund me page hoping people will help you pay for it? This is the same thing. I guess we should all set one up for some random stuff we want so everyone else can pay for it. It is becoming the American way!
hillbilly
2/17/2016 6:45am
hillbilly wrote:

Was any of that English?
No,it is mason jar banjo hill valley dielectric.

Post a reply to: Tyler Mcswain's Rig Stolen

The Latest