Tye Simmonds #42 Team Motorex KTM

Sunhouse
10/25/2009 1:03pm
felpro wrote:
17 years old, on the box in his 2nd Super X race on a 450 !! from KTM Australia [img]http://www.ktm.com.au/media/images/Tye_Simmonds_pic_3.JPG[/img] At only 17 years old aboriginal...
17 years old, on the box in his 2nd Super X race on a 450 !!

from KTM Australia

At only 17 years old aboriginal racer Tye Simmonds from Bourke in NSW is the youngest factory backed rider to enter the premier Pro Open class of the Monster Energy Australasian Super X Championship, which got underway at Launceston last weekend, and now heads to Geelong’s Skilled Stadium this Saturday October 24.

Simmonds made his debut with Motorex KTM Racing on the KTM 450 SX-F at Launceston finishing fifth behind riders well into their 20s who have all experienced professional racing in the elite American series.

Simmonds started heads turning in his junior years racking up Australian Championship titles in the 65, 85, and 125cc classes for both supercross and motocross. He then turned 16 in May last year, and stepped up to ride the KTM 250 SX-F in the Under 19s Australian Championship and won. Last month Tye also returned from the World Junior Motocross Championship in New Zealand where he placed second for Australia.

Fellow racers are predicting if this boy from Bourke keeps up his speed, enthusiasm and never say die attitude he will follow in the footsteps of other successful Australians like Chad Reed, and make an impact on the American circuit.

Commenting on his entry into Super X Tye Simmonds said, “It’s been an awesome journey through my junior racing, and first year as a senior in the Pro Lites, but I’m ready for my next challenge in the Pro Open and I’m loving the KTM 450 SX-F it suits my size because I’m 80 kilos and over 6ft.

“I’m also excited about the five different race formats the promoters Global Action Sports has introduced into Super X, because they will allow for fast and intense battles, giving less experienced riders a chance to go out hard, and mix it with riders who have experienced the American circuits like Chad Reed, Jay Marmont, and Daniel Reardon.

“I was fairly happy with the way I rode at round one in Launceston, but there were a lot of collisions out on the track, and I didn’t want to get injured at the opening round, so I was quite cautious with my line choices to stay out of the firing line. I made a few small mistakes during the final races which I can only learn from going into Geelong. I know the areas I need to work on so I will be keeping focused during training this week to hopefully secure a podium.
“I’ll be heading to Geelong prior to the event to give back to the sport and thank the fans who have been so supportive of keeping the racing alive. Last year Skilled Stadium had almost 20,000 fans come along, so myself and my Motorex KTM team mate Kade Mosig, will be going to Moto Tech KTM in Geelong on Friday (23 Oct) between 5pm and 6pm to sign autographs and give-away tickets to Saturday nights event.”
Just how aboriginal is he? Last time I lived in OZ it seemed like you could call yourself one if you saw a semi-dark person on the local bus.

That aside, OZ is still the place to find young talent outside the US. Everyone thought it would dry out as Byrner, Reed and Sharky left, but it seems like it motivated the new generation and opened up a few doors. Great stuff!
googs
10/25/2009 1:09pm
didn't realise he's so tall....I wonder how much weight he was giving away to that american sensation at the world mini's........??
ktm764
10/25/2009 7:57pm
WOW, and he did it with no linkage, I thought ktm's did'nt work in SX ktm haters?
mxmaniac08
10/25/2009 9:05pm
ktm764 wrote:
WOW, and he did it with no linkage, I thought ktm's did'nt work in SX ktm haters?
The bike looked like it handled very well everywhere. I have been down and watched Kade Mosig from the same team practice sx and the bike works sweet. I dont ride KTM but would consider one when i purchase a new one in the near future. KTM300exc-e mmmm my pick for next enduro bike

The Shop

AusMxFan
10/25/2009 11:01pm
It looked to me like he was having a really hard time in the whoops, but then he wasn't the only one, Reardon was struggling in them as well.
mxmaniac08
10/26/2009 3:18am
Reardon needs Kroozetune suspension like burner had.. burners was ten fold better through the whoops than reardons suspension.
10/26/2009 3:24am
felpro wrote:
17 years old, on the box in his 2nd Super X race on a 450 !! from KTM Australia [img]http://www.ktm.com.au/media/images/Tye_Simmonds_pic_3.JPG[/img] At only 17 years old aboriginal...

from KTM Australia

At only 17 years old aboriginal racer Tye Simmonds from Bourke in NSW is the youngest factory backed rider to enter the premier Pro Open class of the Monster Energy Australasian Super X Championship, which got underway at Launceston last weekend, and now heads to Geelong’s Skilled Stadium this Saturday October 24.

Simmonds made his debut with Motorex KTM Racing on the KTM 450 SX-F at Launceston finishing fifth behind riders well into their 20s who have all experienced professional racing in the elite American series.

Simmonds started heads turning in his junior years racking up Australian Championship titles in the 65, 85, and 125cc classes for both supercross and motocross. He then turned 16 in May last year, and stepped up to ride the KTM 250 SX-F in the Under 19s Australian Championship and won. Last month Tye also returned from the World Junior Motocross Championship in New Zealand where he placed second for Australia.

Fellow racers are predicting if this boy from Bourke keeps up his speed, enthusiasm and never say die attitude he will follow in the footsteps of other successful Australians like Chad Reed, and make an impact on the American circuit.

Commenting on his entry into Super X Tye Simmonds said, “It’s been an awesome journey through my junior racing, and first year as a senior in the Pro Lites, but I’m ready for my next challenge in the Pro Open and I’m loving the KTM 450 SX-F it suits my size because I’m 80 kilos and over 6ft.

“I’m also excited about the five different race formats the promoters Global Action Sports has introduced into Super X, because they will allow for fast and intense battles, giving less experienced riders a chance to go out hard, and mix it with riders who have experienced the American circuits like Chad Reed, Jay Marmont, and Daniel Reardon.

“I was fairly happy with the way I rode at round one in Launceston, but there were a lot of collisions out on the track, and I didn’t want to get injured at the opening round, so I was quite cautious with my line choices to stay out of the firing line. I made a few small mistakes during the final races which I can only learn from going into Geelong. I know the areas I need to work on so I will be keeping focused during training this week to hopefully secure a podium.
“I’ll be heading to Geelong prior to the event to give back to the sport and thank the fans who have been so supportive of keeping the racing alive. Last year Skilled Stadium had almost 20,000 fans come along, so myself and my Motorex KTM team mate Kade Mosig, will be going to Moto Tech KTM in Geelong on Friday (23 Oct) between 5pm and 6pm to sign autographs and give-away tickets to Saturday nights event.”
Sunhouse wrote:
Just how aboriginal is he? Last time I lived in OZ it seemed like you could call yourself one if you saw a semi-dark person on...
Just how aboriginal is he? Last time I lived in OZ it seemed like you could call yourself one if you saw a semi-dark person on the local bus.

That aside, OZ is still the place to find young talent outside the US. Everyone thought it would dry out as Byrner, Reed and Sharky left, but it seems like it motivated the new generation and opened up a few doors. Great stuff!
For your information, Tye is Aboriginal, his mum is Aboriginal. Its funny how small minded people think that its the colour tone that represents just how "Aboriginal" someone is!! What a shallow comment.
Unlike Chad Reed, Tye is a proud Indigenous Australian and reperesnts his people at every given opportunity.
Jake-247
10/26/2009 3:26am
felpro wrote:

from KTM Australia

Sunhouse wrote:
Just how aboriginal is he? Last time I lived in OZ it seemed like you could call yourself one if you saw a semi-dark person on...

For your information, Tye is Aboriginal, his mum is Aboriginal. Its funny how small minded people think that its the colour tone that represents just how...
For your information, Tye is Aboriginal, his mum is Aboriginal. Its funny how small minded people think that its the colour tone that represents just how "Aboriginal" someone is!! What a shallow comment.
Unlike Chad Reed, Tye is a proud Indigenous Australian and reperesnts his people at every given opportunity.
What race was it? Reed wore a helmet painted by an aboriginal painter. Then auctioned of the helmet and gave the funds to an aboriginal charity. Its funny how people dont get there facts right before posting.
10/26/2009 3:33am
Funny how those things go un-publicised hey! I used the word PROUD.... Next time your talking to Chad, ask him just how Aboriginal he is, he refers to himself "abo"!! Google that!
Crush
10/26/2009 5:17am
ktm764 wrote:
mxmaniac08 wrote:
The bike looked like it handled very well everywhere. I have been down and watched Kade Mosig from the same team practice sx and the bike...
The bike looked like it handled very well everywhere. I have been down and watched Kade Mosig from the same team practice sx and the bike works sweet. I dont ride KTM but would consider one when i purchase a new one in the near future. KTM300exc-e mmmm my pick for next enduro bike
My 300 XC is awesome... love it!!! Get one for sure...

And...

Reedy has done a whole bunch of stuff for disadvantaged kids, Aboriginal and otherwise... What does it matter what slang term he uses for himself?

My background is Pommy/Alcoholic-Scot!!! Am I not proud??? Dizzy

Post a reply to: Tye Simmonds #42 Team Motorex KTM

The Latest