TwoTwo support crew

G Force
7/6/2015 12:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2015 2:10pm
Just wondering if the mechanics, drivers..etc.. were picked up by other teams yet? Thanks
|
Darryl916
7/6/2015 1:33pm
Two Two had arguably the most stacked crew in the entire pit. They won't be unemployed for long!
HenryJ77
7/6/2015 2:18pm
I believe Goose is retiring.
500guy
7/6/2015 2:41pm
Darryl916 wrote:
Two Two had arguably the most stacked crew in the entire pit. They won't be unemployed for long!
You think jobs magically opened up for them ? Some new team or something ?
Cygnus
7/6/2015 2:45pm
If you were getting severance pay would be you be In a hurry to get back to work?

The Shop

Darryl916
7/6/2015 4:50pm
Darryl916 wrote:
500guy wrote:
Of course not but contract time comes up and I'm sure the talented guys will find a spot. Same way they left what they had for 22.
DonM
7/6/2015 4:52pm
Pretty sure you might see a few of them on a new factory team by a company that hasn't had a factory team for a few years...
IceMan446
7/6/2015 5:03pm
DonM wrote:
Pretty sure you might see a few of them on a new factory team by a company that hasn't had a factory team for a few...
Pretty sure you might see a few of them on a new factory team by a company that hasn't had a factory team for a few years...
With the same rider.
oshow
7/6/2015 5:20pm
DonM wrote:
Pretty sure you might see a few of them on a new factory team by a company that hasn't had a factory team for a few...
IceMan446 wrote:
With the same rider.
Yep...
7/6/2015 5:24pm
Maybe a big player takes over the team and runs a serious effort at the championship. Like FMF with factory supportWhistling
mxer512
7/6/2015 5:25pm
All this around the bush beating is getting all riled up....lol
7/6/2015 5:56pm
Discount Tire/Monster Energy Yamaha

Let's just go ahead and get it announced.
kkawboy14
7/6/2015 6:25pm
I doubt anyone on that team made $300 a week salary.

May not even need a job right now.
IWreckALot
7/6/2015 6:52pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

Yeah. They were probably clearing at least $350 post tax weekly.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
7/6/2015 8:03pm
DonM wrote:
Are you speculating? Or know something?
stillwelding
7/6/2015 8:58pm
I like old movies. You ever see any of those old WW2 movies, where the sub goes to the bottom of the ocean? A couple of the guys die, and the rest wait around to see if they'll be rescued, or the pressure of the sea crushes the hull, and they all die.
moto0852
7/6/2015 9:04pm
Darryl916 wrote:
500guy wrote:
Current word is; Goose is retiring and staying put in Idaho. One or possibly two will continue working with Chad at his new gig and the big rumor 500guy is that there are no spots to magically open up for the remaining staff but...they are so high quality that several teams are looking to actually fire some current staff to make way for them!
7/6/2015 9:14pm
Darryl916 wrote:
500guy wrote:
moto0852 wrote:
Current word is; Goose is retiring and staying put in Idaho. One or possibly two will continue working with Chad at his new gig and the...
Current word is; Goose is retiring and staying put in Idaho. One or possibly two will continue working with Chad at his new gig and the big rumor 500guy is that there are no spots to magically open up for the remaining staff but...they are so high quality that several teams are looking to actually fire some current staff to make way for them!
Har!
7/6/2015 9:15pm
I like old movies. You ever see any of those old WW2 movies, where the sub goes to the bottom of the ocean? A couple of...
I like old movies. You ever see any of those old WW2 movies, where the sub goes to the bottom of the ocean? A couple of the guys die, and the rest wait around to see if they'll be rescued, or the pressure of the sea crushes the hull, and they all die.
That's dedication right there
JG463
7/6/2015 9:46pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
How much do you guys reckon that privateer mechanics make? Out of curiosity.
7/6/2015 10:40pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
JG463 wrote:
I would think the vast majority of privateer mechanics make nothing at all. Most would be family members, I think Taylor Potters mechanic was interviewed, it was his girlfriend. That being said I think they would be able to find a lot of capable people willing to do it for free or close too it. I make $160000 a year and I would jump at the opportunity to change tyres or wash bikes for any team for a season for free if they would take me on the tour. How good would it be.
moto0852
7/6/2015 10:43pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
JG463 wrote:
I know quite a few privateer mechanics that work for free food and lots of "atta boys"!
RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
7/6/2015 11:25pm
IWreckALot wrote:
JG463 wrote:
moto0852 wrote:
I know quite a few privateer mechanics that work for free food and lots of "atta boys"!
Makes me want to rack up a bunch of student loans to enroll at mmi.
BobbyM
7/6/2015 11:35pm
Darryl916 wrote:
500guy wrote:
Darryl916 wrote:
Of course not but contract time comes up and I'm sure the talented guys will find a spot. Same way they left what they had for...
Of course not but contract time comes up and I'm sure the talented guys will find a spot. Same way they left what they had for 22.
Ozzy had nothing going at the time of pre-two_two incubation. Smart man reed was to hire him.
BobbyM
7/6/2015 11:39pm
IWreckALot wrote:
JG463 wrote:
I would think the vast majority of privateer mechanics make nothing at all. Most would be family members, I think Taylor Potters mechanic was interviewed, it...
I would think the vast majority of privateer mechanics make nothing at all. Most would be family members, I think Taylor Potters mechanic was interviewed, it was his girlfriend. That being said I think they would be able to find a lot of capable people willing to do it for free or close too it. I make $160000 a year and I would jump at the opportunity to change tyres or wash bikes for any team for a season for free if they would take me on the tour. How good would it be.
I made over a billion last year... No shit.
7/6/2015 11:58pm
JG463 wrote:
I would think the vast majority of privateer mechanics make nothing at all. Most would be family members, I think Taylor Potters mechanic was interviewed, it...
BobbyM wrote:
Congratulations bobby. Wink
7/7/2015 4:23am
I like old movies. You ever see any of those old WW2 movies, where the sub goes to the bottom of the ocean? A couple of...
This is their tig guy...
IWreckALot
7/7/2015 5:01am
JG463 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Post tax or pre tax? I'll be impressed if it's pre tax. . .
IWreckALot
7/7/2015 5:03am
IWreckALot wrote:
JG463 wrote:
moto0852 wrote:
I thought most privateers were their own mechanics.

Seriously though, my guess is as good as the next guy's but I have seen a few privateers posting looking for "cheap" mechanics. So I'd say 3 hots and a cot is what they usually work for.
kkawboy14
7/7/2015 5:21am
kkawboy14 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
JG463 wrote:
I reckon they were making enough to be ok to not need a job the rest of the year!
mxtech1
7/7/2015 6:59am
I made a flat $400 per week. It was just enough to live on after paying for food and a few bills.

I had to maintain two practice bikes and one race bike. My average work week was 75 hours which worked out to about $5.30 per hour. I actually had it pretty well compared to most mechanics not on a team with funding. Like many have said, there were lots of mechanics were working for free or just being paid for their costs.

I made extra money on the side staying up late and working on other privateers bikes that couldn't afford to hire a mechanic full time, but needed help on the major stuff like engine rebuilds and suspension.

Post a reply to: TwoTwo support crew

The Latest