Two Two 3rd Rider

Edited Date/Time 11/5/2014 5:25am
Chad Reed annouces Michael Byrne on instagram. I wonder what capacity? I'm thinking test rider, daytona, and select nationals. It would be cool if it were full time though.

http://instagram.com/p/u-55pWmpHy/
|
davistld01
11/4/2014 7:59am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2014 8:03am
You never know though. That bike looks like a full-on TwoTwo 450. Sounds like he's teaming with Reed as a team member...nothing mentioned about testing or racing "selected events". Burner is a great rider, but isn't a top-5 guy at all...but he's Chad's best bud, and it's cool for him to bring him onboard. I wonder if he's spending his own money to put Byrne on a team bike?
Gringoe
11/4/2014 8:11am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2014 8:13am
davistld01 wrote:
You never know though. That bike looks like a full-on TwoTwo 450. Sounds like he's teaming with Reed as a team member...nothing mentioned about testing or...
You never know though. That bike looks like a full-on TwoTwo 450. Sounds like he's teaming with Reed as a team member...nothing mentioned about testing or racing "selected events". Burner is a great rider, but isn't a top-5 guy at all...but he's Chad's best bud, and it's cool for him to bring him onboard. I wonder if he's spending his own money to put Byrne on a team bike?
Not top 3 anymore but top ten? Yes.

I can not remember the last time jg made it a year missing no races..
jeffro503
11/4/2014 8:15am
Whoa! Well....cool none the less. Must of picked up some really good team support and / or sponsor money with being able to grab Byrne and JG33. Be good to see Byrne back out there again....hopefully full time.

The Shop

colonel
11/4/2014 8:22am
davistld01 wrote:
You never know though. That bike looks like a full-on TwoTwo 450. Sounds like he's teaming with Reed as a team member...nothing mentioned about testing or...
How big was your negativity pill this am? Jesus dude.
Ozzy
11/4/2014 8:25am
To clarify........
Michael Byrne is the right tool in the drawer so to speak!
They're both great pals 1st.
They're both loyal and trusting of each other.
The families are close too.
Byrner brings years of expertise to the fold.
Byrner will train with Chad, push Chad, etc.
Byrner will be involved in developement, etc.
Again, the right guy for the job at hand.
Nothing beats experience, nothing.
#BringOn2015
jeffro503
11/4/2014 8:27am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2014 8:28am
Ozzy wrote:
To clarify........ Michael Byrne is the right tool in the drawer so to speak! They're both great pals 1st. They're both loyal and trusting of each...
To clarify........
#BringOn2015
Wish you guys the best of luck this next season Dave!
Xeno
11/4/2014 8:28am
Well, there you have it!
Jimfunn
11/4/2014 8:28am
ohlins on byrners bike as well. Anyone know the official word on what they'll use?
wow123
11/4/2014 8:30am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2014 8:40am
great news,

now if some half philanthropic australian company will stump up for metty, we'll be right to go...

not dissing 33 but the above has great symmetry and marketing potential

shit if it were some obscure useless Olympic sport like synchronized diving there'd be government money thrown around
colonel
11/4/2014 8:30am
Ozzy wrote:
To clarify........ Michael Byrne is the right tool in the drawer so to speak! They're both great pals 1st. They're both loyal and trusting of each...
To clarify........
#BringOn2015
Brilliant choice for the team and everyone involved. Not sure why this never happend earlier.
wow123
11/4/2014 8:32am
Ozzy wrote:
To clarify........
#BringOn2015
hey I'm a "right tool" sometimes do i get a job?
11/4/2014 8:32am
Ozzy wrote:
To clarify........
#BringOn2015
So, will Byrne be racing on a twotwo kawi too or is it "only" training and developement?
NorcalVet
11/4/2014 9:10am
Nice
Looks like A-1 is getting more exciting now w/ 3 bike in the 22 pits!

Why not bring a fast friend and their family into the fold
It'll break up the long days of testing and getting back into race/ winning shape

Now how about some team 22 gear in Aussie colors...
Ozzy
11/4/2014 9:17am
Quote: NorcalVet
Nice

Just the 2.
CR22 & JG33
Sandberm
11/4/2014 10:34am
Ozzy wrote:
Nice

Just the 2.
CR22 & JG33
So hes just a test rider/backup if somebody gets hurt in sx?

Will he do MX?
Roostermx58
11/4/2014 12:02pm
Ozzy wrote:
Nice

Just the 2.
CR22 & JG33
Sandberm wrote:
So hes just a test rider/backup if somebody gets hurt in sx?

Will he do MX?
Yes, just a fill-in rider and will be leveraged for testing/training
davistld01
11/4/2014 12:38pm
davistld01 wrote:
colonel wrote:
How big was your negativity pill this am? Jesus dude.
Huh? I don't know where your comment about negativity comes from...dude, but I'm a Michael Byrne fan and I think he's a great rider. But, I'm also a realist. The way the class is stacked now, even as good as MB is...he will do great to get into the top-10 with any kind of consistancy. He just simply won't...and I'm sure Chad & Michael both know that. Burner is on staff as a backup rider that will be a great testing and development guy. He's super smart, and has his head on straight. He'll be a great addition.

That sounds pretty positive to me. How about you?
NorcalVet
11/4/2014 1:02pm
Ozzy wrote:
Nice

Just the 2.
CR22 & JG33
Thanks for the update

Are they each doing their own thing as far as track time/ testing?

Or are they all working together and throwing Michael into the mix to help out w/ testing parts and set up
Cygnus
11/4/2014 2:34pm
Chad Reed annouces Michael Byrne on instagram. I wonder what capacity? I'm thinking test rider, daytona, and select nationals. It would be cool if it were...
Chad Reed annouces Michael Byrne on instagram. I wonder what capacity? I'm thinking test rider, daytona, and select nationals. It would be cool if it were full time though.

3 riders in the main event seems like. Pretty successful team to me. Will it happen at every round? I sure hope so. Even if they aren't on Hondas anymore. Har!
Roostermx58
11/4/2014 3:01pm
Chad Reed annouces Michael Byrne on instagram. I wonder what capacity? I'm thinking test rider, daytona, and select nationals. It would be cool if it were...

Cygnus wrote:
3 riders in the main event seems like. Pretty successful team to me. Will it happen at every round? I sure hope so. Even if they...
3 riders in the main event seems like. Pretty successful team to me. Will it happen at every round? I sure hope so. Even if they aren't on Hondas anymore. Har!
Only 2 riders in the mains. 26 is simply a fill in rider..
kiwifan
11/4/2014 3:24pm

Cygnus wrote:
3 riders in the main event seems like. Pretty successful team to me. Will it happen at every round? I sure hope so. Even if they...
lol and unlikely to ever go back to Hondas
LoudLove
11/4/2014 3:48pm
Races are better with Byrne in attendance. He's just one of those guys fans like & appreciate. Remember when Emig took him under his wing all those years ago? 'though Fro might have thought "Burner" was a reference to something else...
Jrewing
11/5/2014 3:54am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2014 3:54am
Ozzy wrote:
Nice

Just the 2.
CR22 & JG33
22 24 26... I like that. JG33's cool too

Ozzy. How much money does metty need to get on board? Crowd Funders unite!
wfo4ever
11/5/2014 5:25am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2014 6:21am
A fly on the wall told me that Chad Reed's 22 Motorsports team will not be running Ohlins next year. Ohlins USA is located in the town where I live, I know someone who knows a few of the guys that work there. He was told that the mark up on Ohlins product is ridiculous and that stock suspension was so good these days if set up properly that you are just wasting money on Ohlins, rear shock for a 450 costs them under $500, they retail for 1600.00, huge rip off. Bunch of local red necks work there. He also said the head person of their off road department used to work at a local factory and their head tech guy that works on off road suspension just learned how to ride a dirt bike a few years ago?

Post a reply to: Two Two 3rd Rider

The Latest