Trouble at Monster Energy Yamaha?

DeStouwer
5/13/2016 5:45am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 12:48pm
In the 7th round of the MXGP-series there were a lot of tensions between riders in aswell MXGP as MX2. Jeffrey Herlings complained about the too aggressive lines of his rivals Dylan Ferrandis and Jeremy Seewer and hurt his ankle in the second race of the day.

In the MXGP-class it were Monster Energy Yamaha riders Romain Febvre and Jeremy Van Horebeek who got into a discussion right before the start of the first race. This led to a contact between the two riders in which Van Horebeek touched Febvre, who crashed. Febvre crashed again with Tommy Searle and only finished in 10th position. This meant Febvre lost the lead in the championship to Tim Gajser. Between the two races Van Horebeek apologized to Febvre, but crashed out of the second race himself.

"The situation should've been solved before the start of the first race", said Febvre. "The story is that I took Jeremy's place at the gate because mine was not good. I decided to move but didn't knew somebody else already has taken his place too. He then became mad, not at me but at the situation. I could do what I wanted because I got 2nd in the qualification, and then he had some remarks for me that I should be afraid of him. I got pissed too and wasn't just going to stand there and say nothing. The team tried to make up after the first race but it was too late and it will be difficult to solve this problem.'

2015 was a difficult season for Van Horebeek after a splendid 2014 when he won his first GP in the maiden class and became second in the final standings as the only Yamaha factory rider. Then Febvre came in the team and took the title right away. The relationship between the two has always been a bit of ups and downs, but Van Horebeek struggles a bit because he only made the podium once so far this season. Febvre got 5 podia already, including 2 wins. This may have consequences for Yamaha too as there are rumours that Honda is trying to reel Febvre in in the future.

Febvre still is convinced that despite this setback (he also had words with Gajser after the qualifying race when both riders accused each other for being too aggressive) he still is on course for the title. "I've made some mistakes but also showed I have the speed. I'm in good shape and think I'm one of the strongest riders in the paddock. Gajser also made some crashes and Cairoli started the season a little slow. There's still a long way to go and I have to stay working on my starts."

Original text from Adam Wheeler. I don't think the last word is said about this.
|
hillbilly
5/13/2016 6:09am
If we sing along,a little fucking louder ,to a happy song,we'll be alright.
mx_563
5/13/2016 7:08am
I wonder how the team will be impacted when Reed shows up for his GP excursion.
Tpog496
5/13/2016 7:20am
Who's in charge of switching out tampons between motos over there?
RG1
5/13/2016 7:23am
Why was his gate not good? He could've chosen any gate he wanted apart from the one Cairoli chose. He must've only decided after he prepped it that he didn't like it.

The Shop

Wildeye511
5/13/2016 7:33am
hillbilly wrote:
Hillbilly, nice Bring me the Horizon song reference...... That's a great song by the way
visser62
5/13/2016 8:04am
I've noticed all year that Van Horebeek seems to race Febvre especially hard.
vschaik141
5/13/2016 8:21am
visser62 wrote:
de Reuver said they are not allowed to at that team, it's in the contract as Marc has rode for them himself some years ago. this was during the MXGP of argentina broadcast on eurosport 2.
yall should learn to speak Dutch and watch the races on eurosport2, de reuver makes watching GPs much more enjoyable!
mx_563
5/13/2016 8:33am
vschaik141 wrote:
de Reuver said they are not allowed to at that team, it's in the contract as Marc has rode for them himself some years ago. this...
de Reuver said they are not allowed to at that team, it's in the contract as Marc has rode for them himself some years ago. this was during the MXGP of argentina broadcast on eurosport 2.
yall should learn to speak Dutch and watch the races on eurosport2, de reuver makes watching GPs much more enjoyable!
To me Dutch is the language of motocross. I don't know why. Maybe because of the rich Flemish MX history. Maybe because the first GP I ever went to was Valkenswaard. Yeah, I wish I could speak dutch. De Ruever is a funny guy too. What other kinds of things does he say on the broadcast?
peelout
5/13/2016 8:38am
Tpog496 wrote:
that would be Herlings, he has a lifetime supply
Agent717
5/13/2016 8:38am
hillbilly wrote:
BMTH, I approve.
Aryen
5/13/2016 8:41am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2016 8:43am
De Reuver's really specific about tactics and details. Also just a fun guy to hear.
Bearuno
5/13/2016 8:47am
visser62 wrote:
First (inner) rule - beat your team mate.

Second rule (especially within your team) - not by taking them out.

So, there's some 'niggle' between various riders - nothing ever 'new' about that.
Bearuno
5/13/2016 8:50am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2016 8:52am
Aryen wrote:
De Reuver's really specific about tactics and details. Also just a fun guy to hear.
Absolutely - incredibly knowledgeable, quite a character, and one of the Greats.

I'd love to hear more from him with the GP commentary - he'd be a great full timer. The rare times I've heard him with Malin, it's been a great combination.
Rowlands
5/13/2016 8:59am
Can't beat abit of rivalry Tongue makes it even better to watch for me
Rowlands
5/13/2016 9:00am
vschaik141 wrote:
de Reuver said they are not allowed to at that team, it's in the contract as Marc has rode for them himself some years ago. this...
Van hoorebeek said on the studio show earlier this year that there is no team orders between him and Febvre.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2561st
5/13/2016 10:02am
hillbilly wrote:
Agent717 wrote:
BMTH, I approve.
There second album is by far the best!
Cygnus
5/13/2016 12:55pm
Tpog496 wrote:
peelout wrote:
Dude why the hateraide? He bang Meg back when you were?
peelout
5/13/2016 12:59pm
Tpog496 wrote:
peelout wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
Dude why the hateraide? He bang Meg back when you were?
where else do you think she got the sandy vag? moto isn't the only thing he's be sand-bagging bro
Aryen
5/13/2016 1:34pm
Herlings-hate now even pops up in other threads, yawn.....
5/13/2016 1:59pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2016 2:04pm
vschaik141 wrote:
Rowlands wrote:
Van hoorebeek said on the studio show earlier this year that there is no team orders between him and Febvre.
Just like there were no team orders at Ferrari with Alonso and Massa. Just... "Felipe, Fernando is faster than you" so go ahead and let him by because he has a better mathematical chance at the title than you do, regardless of your personal desires and how great of a story it would be if you win.
visser62
5/13/2016 2:00pm
visser62 wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
First (inner) rule - beat your team mate. Second rule (especially within your team) - not by taking them out. So, there's some 'niggle' between various...
First (inner) rule - beat your team mate.

Second rule (especially within your team) - not by taking them out.

So, there's some 'niggle' between various riders - nothing ever 'new' about that.
Not saying it's new. Van Horebeek definitely kicks it up a notch, though.
visser62
5/13/2016 2:01pm
vschaik141 wrote:
I love de Reuver! I am half Dutch, but I don't speak the language! My family is from Fryslan, anyhow.
cwtoyota
5/13/2016 2:05pm
Aryen wrote:
That should pretty much tell you how much people on the outside dislike a rider who is perceived as a little punk.

Things I've learned in this thread:
1) European pro-racers are crybabies too
2) People on the internet can trick me into listening to "Emo music" and liking it until the guy starts singing.
peelout
5/13/2016 2:12pm
Aryen wrote:
cwtoyota wrote:
That should pretty much tell you how much people on the outside dislike a rider who is perceived as a little punk. Things I've learned in...
That should pretty much tell you how much people on the outside dislike a rider who is perceived as a little punk.

Things I've learned in this thread:
1) European pro-racers are crybabies too
2) People on the internet can trick me into listening to "Emo music" and liking it until the guy starts singing.
reply to 2) yeah, i youtubed it too and turned it off after about 30 seconds
Mini Elsinore
5/13/2016 2:15pm
de Reuver used to post here.
Ah, the good old days....
cwtoyota
5/13/2016 2:15pm
peelout wrote:
5/24/2016 11:53am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 11:53am
Aryen wrote:
and has a lot of inside info ... motocross in HD on Eurosport and deReuver are a great combo
IWreckALot
5/24/2016 12:23pm
peelout wrote:
cwtoyota wrote:
Haha. That's funny.

Post a reply to: Trouble at Monster Energy Yamaha?

The Latest