Trey to Kawie?

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 4/18/2016 4:35pm
With all the speculation (some say done-deal) about Roczen heading to Honda in 2017, and with no mention of Cole Seely going anywhere...where does that leave Trey Canard? He's been a Honda guy forever, and they've been loyal to him even with the huge number of injuries he's had...but you have to believe Honda has invested a lot in Trey for the results they've gotten in return.

Does anybody but me see Canard moving to Kawasaki to maybe replace Will Hahn for 2017?
|
mxb2
4/17/2016 7:17am
davistld01 wrote:
With all the speculation (some say done-deal) about Roczen heading to Honda in 2017, and with no mention of Cole Seely going anywhere...where does that leave...
With all the speculation (some say done-deal) about Roczen heading to Honda in 2017, and with no mention of Cole Seely going anywhere...where does that leave Trey Canard? He's been a Honda guy forever, and they've been loyal to him even with the huge number of injuries he's had...but you have to believe Honda has invested a lot in Trey for the results they've gotten in return.

Does anybody but me see Canard moving to Kawasaki to maybe replace Will Hahn for 2017?
Yep,
Crush
4/17/2016 7:19am
Trey is going home.
mxb2
4/17/2016 7:33am
Oct 1, stamp it

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/17/2016 8:10am
davistld01 wrote:
With all the speculation (some say done-deal) about Roczen heading to Honda in 2017, and with no mention of Cole Seely going anywhere...where does that leave...

Trey will be on a Kawasaki next year and Cole wll be on a Honda
bob567
4/17/2016 11:02am
Wish Trey the best. He is a great person. Honda needs to nut up and buy the best riders in the sport instead of the 3-8th guys. They must have the deepest pockets right? Why don't they want to win like they did 20 years ago?
mxjon454
4/17/2016 11:06am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:06am
bob567 wrote:
Wish Trey the best. He is a great person. Honda needs to nut up and buy the best riders in the sport instead of the 3-8th...
Wish Trey the best. He is a great person. Honda needs to nut up and buy the best riders in the sport instead of the 3-8th guys. They must have the deepest pockets right? Why don't they want to win like they did 20 years ago?
Thats exactly what theyre doing now by getting roczen. You wont be able to get dungey away from ktm and tomac wanted a team around him and thats what he got at kawi. Now honda will have a championship contender with roczen indoors and out and a solid top 5 podium guy with seely. Itll be interesting to see how trey does with kawi, but hes been with honda so long that maybe this fresh start will light a new fire in him.
kkawboy14
4/17/2016 11:14am
Trey to kawi.....awesome!

Roczen to Honda, man that's a lot of moving around without really mastering the Suzuki!
Yes RC moved around but he beat up everything he got on!
kiwifan
4/17/2016 12:52pm
So the rumor goes....but then ML has said many times that Honda (i.e. HRC) can field a 3 man 450 team so who knows, we shall find out in September
bd
4/17/2016 12:54pm
Who has more upside? TC41 or CS14? Honda use your fucking head.

KR94 and TC41.

CS14 would look good on KX450F.

Honda has lost a lot of talent from its Geico program.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
4/17/2016 1:17pm
Cole signed for 2 more years. Trey going to Kawasaki seems to be the strong rumor, although I don't think ts a done deal just yet.
kiwifan
4/17/2016 1:29pm
bd wrote:
Who has more upside? TC41 or CS14? Honda use your fucking head. KR94 and TC41. CS14 would look good on KX450F. Honda has lost a lot...

KR94 and TC41.

perhaps, PC Kawi loses a lot of their talent too...it happens
kiwifan
4/17/2016 1:30pm
langhammx wrote:
Cole signed for 2 more years. Trey going to Kawasaki seems to be the strong rumor, although I don't think ts a done deal just yet.
I heard that about CS too but couldnt find anything more about it...was it an official announcement?
stewie94
4/17/2016 2:12pm
bd wrote:
Who has more upside? TC41 or CS14? Honda use your fucking head. KR94 and TC41. CS14 would look good on KX450F. Honda has lost a lot...

KR94 and TC41.

i find cole to a bit better than trey indoors but trey got him covered outdoors , so it depends on how u see it
davistld01
4/17/2016 2:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:38pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Trey to kawi.....awesome! Roczen to Honda, man that's a lot of moving around without really mastering the Suzuki! Yes RC moved around but he beat up...

Roczen to Honda, man that's a lot of moving around without really mastering the Suzuki!
Just my opinion...but I think the move has more to do with the teams than with the bikes. I think it would be hard to say any of the factory bikes these days are clearly superior or inferior. It doesn't seem Kenny has clicked with RCH from the start...the BS from his Dad not withstanding.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
4/17/2016 2:46pm
Personally, I'll be happy to see Trey back on a Kawi. He's got to get his starts figured out though and factory Kawi hasn't exactly been stacking up holeshot checks lately.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/17/2016 2:57pm
langhammx wrote:
Its done.
mxjon454
4/17/2016 3:06pm
stewie94 wrote:
i find cole to a bit better than trey indoors but trey got him covered outdoors , so it depends on how u see it
It really is however they see it. Cole has gotten hurt the last 2 season and so has trey. Trey has won more races in the last 2 seasons than cole has. Honda and trey have been the same since 2011, a few wins here and there and missed races. Bringing roczen to the factory hrc team ensures they have a legitimate title contender and cole will be a good 2nd rider. I think trey going to kawi will benefit him more then staying at honda.
4/17/2016 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 4:02pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Trey to kawi.....awesome! Roczen to Honda, man that's a lot of moving around without really mastering the Suzuki! Yes RC moved around but he beat up...

Suzuki should be throwing big money at J-Mart. He's the next big thing that could possibly run with the big dogs. But even that appears to be already not gonna happen with RCH Yamaha w/ J-Mart being the rumor...

Elite Team / Elite Rider Combos:

HRC - Roczen
Geigo Honda - Bogle (no elite but he occupies a bike capable of winning)
Factory KTM - Dungey
Factory Husky - Anderson
Factory Kawi - Tomac
Factory Yamaha - Reed (not elite anymore but he holds this spot)
JGR Yamaha - Barcia

That leaves Yosh Suzuki with what??? Stewart is fast enough still but the fact is, he cant stay healthy long enough to get any momentum & confidence with himself. I wouldnt feel comfortable going into next season with all hopes on his shoulders.

Im sure Barcia is happy where he is at but I think he & Suzuki would make a good pairing. If RCH goes blue, maybe JGR should consider going yellow?

On the bright side, I feel I always need to mention this... thats EIGHT elite teams. That's 15 championship caliber bikes. Plus a handfull of well-funded/equipped satellite/private teams like BTO/KTM & RCH/Suzuki that have good equipment. There was a time when this sport only had a couple good rides available. Now days there is far more quality rides than there is riders capable of making the most of them. You cant say that for any other motorsport. Only a couple F1 cars are capable of winning races. Only a few MotoGP bikes can consistently run at the front. If only talents like Izzi, Stroupe, and J-Law coulda lasted, there are some really good bikes available.
mxb2
4/17/2016 3:53pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

Suzuki should be throwing big money at J-Mart. He's the next big thing that could possibly run with the big dogs. But even that appears to...
Suzuki should be throwing big money at J-Mart. He's the next big thing that could possibly run with the big dogs. But even that appears to be already not gonna happen with RCH Yamaha w/ J-Mart being the rumor...

HRC - Roczen
Factory KTM - Dungey
Factory Husky - Anderson
Factory Kawi - Tomac
JGR Yamaha - Barcia

That leaves Yosh Suzuki with what??? Stewart is fast enough still but the fact is, he cant stay healthy long enough to get any momentum & confidence with himself. I wouldnt feel comfortable going into next season with all hopes on his shoulders.

Im sure Barcia is happy where he is at but I think he & Suzuki would make a good pairing. If RCH goes blue, maybe JGR should consider going yellow?

On the bright side, I feel I always need to mention this... thats EIGHT elite teams. That's 15 championship caliber bikes. Plus a handfull of well-funded/equipped satellite/private teams like BTO/KTM & RCH/Suzuki that have good equipment. There was a time when this sport only had a couple good rides available. Now days there is far more quality rides than there is riders capable of making the most of them. You cant say that for any other motorsport. Only a couple F1 cars are capable of winning races. Only a few MotoGP bikes can consistently run at the front. If only talents like Izzi, Stroupe, and J-Law coulda lasted, there are some really good bikes available.
Jgr will be green next year.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
4/17/2016 3:59pm
bd wrote:

KR94 and TC41.

CS14
4/17/2016 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 4:50pm
mxb2 wrote:
Thank you for that clarification. It's appreciated.

I stand corrected, updated Elite Team / Rider Combos:

Factory Honda - Roczen
Factory KTM - Dungey
Factory Husky - Anderson
Factory Kawi - Tomac

Yosh Suzuki - Stewart (elite in flashes still)
FC Honda - Bogle (not elite but he occupies a bike capable of winning)
JGR Kawi - Barcia

Plus Butler Bro's KTM & RCH Yamaha

Suzuki needs a capable #2 to Stewart. He's arguably the most inconsistent rider of that list and they are the only mfg w/o a really good satellite team as a fallback. Bagget has his work cut out for him but I like the kid a lot. His new training facility will help him. He has to step up and be the guy I think he's capable of being, in the outdoors at the very least.

EDIT: Heck, ever since losing the Rockstar team (absorbed by Factory Husky right?) Suzuki hasnt had even a satellite 250 effort to groom a younger talent. The strategy of 2 factory backed 450 teams was brave, but it clearly hasnt worked. Yosh Suzuki should drop down to the 250 class and Suzuki has to have a real in-house factory team for the 450 class to compete with what everyone else is bringing to the table.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
4/17/2016 4:16pm
bd wrote:

KR94 and TC41.

seth505 wrote:
CS14
How so? Trey is more accomplished and younger than Cole.
mxb2
4/17/2016 4:21pm
mxb2 wrote:
Thank you for that clarification. It's appreciated. I stand corrected, updated Elite Team / Rider Combos: Factory Honda - Roczen Factory KTM - Dungey Factory Husky...
Thank you for that clarification. It's appreciated.

I stand corrected, updated Elite Team / Rider Combos:

Factory Honda - Roczen
Factory KTM - Dungey
Factory Husky - Anderson
Factory Kawi - Tomac

Yosh Suzuki - Stewart (elite in flashes still)
FC Honda - Bogle (not elite but he occupies a bike capable of winning)
JGR Kawi - Barcia

Plus Butler Bro's KTM & RCH Yamaha

Suzuki needs a capable #2 to Stewart. He's arguably the most inconsistent rider of that list and they are the only mfg w/o a really good satellite team as a fallback. Bagget has his work cut out for him but I like the kid a lot. His new training facility will help him. He has to step up and be the guy I think he's capable of being, in the outdoors at the very least.

EDIT: Heck, ever since losing the Rockstar team (absorbed by Factory Husky right?) Suzuki hasnt had even a satellite 250 effort to groom a younger talent. The strategy of 2 factory backed 450 teams was brave, but it clearly hasnt worked. Yosh Suzuki should drop down to the 250 class and Suzuki has to have a real in-house factory team for the 450 class to compete with what everyone else is bringing to the table.
Webb to factory yamaha w. Reed?
4/17/2016 4:23pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

Suzuki should be throwing big money at J-Mart. He's the next big thing that could possibly run with the big dogs. But even that appears to...

HRC - Roczen
Factory KTM - Dungey
Factory Husky - Anderson
Factory Kawi - Tomac
JGR Yamaha - Barcia

mxb2 wrote:
What's this based off of?

zehn
4/17/2016 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 4:31pm
bd wrote:

KR94 and TC41.

seth505 wrote:
CS14
731chopper wrote:
Well, when was the last time Trey finished an entire season? HRC is looking for championship-level riders. Trey definitely has the speed but lacks the consistency to go an entire season.

I'm not saying Cole Seely is a championship-level rider (not yet at least) but that's where Roczen comes in.
downard254
4/17/2016 4:30pm
If Kenny goes to Honda, the Suzuki sure as hell is going to need a rider who can go top 5 consistently. If RCH goes blue like it's suggested, then Yellow only has Yosh, and while Baggett is a decent rider, he's just not really top 5 material in SX, and outdoors, we've not seen his potential, or have we. Stewart, I'm sorry, the guy draws a crowd in the pits, but I'd imagine the Suzuki bosses would like to see a yellow bike battling up front, or better yet, on the top step and I just have a feeling that he's not going to get there any longer.
4/17/2016 4:46pm
mxb2 wrote:
I literally just clicked on this thread again to ask about that.

Webb is very talented. Kinda out of Star Yamaha's league if you ask me. But if he's happy there and performing well and that team is being run the right way, it's a good place for him to sit until he's ready to join Reed. How long until he moves up?

Webb, Martin, and Justin Hill are all capable of filling some prime spots once they move up.
mxb2
4/17/2016 4:51pm
mxb2 wrote:
I literally just clicked on this thread again to ask about that. Webb is very talented. Kinda out of Star Yamaha's league if you ask me...
I literally just clicked on this thread again to ask about that.

Webb is very talented. Kinda out of Star Yamaha's league if you ask me. But if he's happy there and performing well and that team is being run the right way, it's a good place for him to sit until he's ready to join Reed. How long until he moves up?

Webb, Martin, and Justin Hill are all capable of filling some prime spots once they move up.
I think reed will groom.him, reed,webb strong team.
4/17/2016 4:53pm
seth505 wrote:
CS14
731chopper wrote:
zehn wrote:
Well, when was the last time Trey finished an entire season? HRC is looking for championship-level riders. Trey definitely has the speed but lacks the consistency...
Well, when was the last time Trey finished an entire season? HRC is looking for championship-level riders. Trey definitely has the speed but lacks the consistency to go an entire season.

I'm not saying Cole Seely is a championship-level rider (not yet at least) but that's where Roczen comes in.
Trey is obviously the faster of the 2.

But Honda always wants a "A" & "B" rider. The A is going for the championship (Roczen) and the B has gotta stay healthy to take on the bulk of the testing duties. Cole fits that bill more than Trey does unfortunately.

Trey is landing on his feet nicely though. The #2 role at Kawi is not a bad gig at all. If he embraces it, which he's capable of doing, Kawi can win a title with Tomac.

This is a team sport despite appearances.

Post a reply to: Trey to Kawie?

The Latest