Trey Canard

Trav138
6/24/2014 9:27pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 6:39pm
With awesome overall finishes of 3,3,4,3, do you think he will win a moto or even an overall this year?
I am watching a replay of High Point now and just wanted to say how stoked i am that Trey is battling for leads and getting strong finishes. His perseverance and heart is inspirational, and its very cool to see him back and doing well.

Bubba and Roczen imo have a little more raw speed, but Trey is right there and will get faster i believe. I've never really been a fanboy of any rider, but i'm coming back from some horrible injuries and 41 has been a huge inspiration to me.

What do you guys think?
|
Olson
6/24/2014 9:30pm
He deserves a win and I think he will get it sooner than later.
nytsmaC
6/24/2014 9:59pm
I think if he can stay healthy he is just going to keep getting better. He has missed a tremendous amount of seat time over the past few years compared to the likes of Roczen, Dungey, Stewart. He'll win one soon.
6/24/2014 11:29pm
He will not win a moto. Js7 always catches crap for riding the line of hauling ass and crashing but canard is 100x worse. If he pushes any harder, which he will have to to win, he will slam. And we've all seen in the past that it don't matter who you are, The Lord ain't saving you from a high speed swap.

The Shop

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
6/25/2014 12:18am
He can definitely win a moto and overall
ts.p311
6/25/2014 12:21am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 12:23am
He damn near won Millville last year. Hell I left the place thinking he did win, forgot that in the event of a tie in points a moto win trumps the better 2nd moto finish. I think he'll pull off at least a moto win.

Big Lenny
6/25/2014 12:23am
IMO if he can smooth out just a little he can do it, maybe it's the bike..Yes he'll win...
6/25/2014 1:10am
His sprint speed is the other guys sustainable speed. He can not ride that pace the full moto...or he will end up in the meat wagon. It is possible for him to win one...but not straight up against all the top 3...

*JS out after he fails his Lakewood test
*KR has a really bad start
*RD had a bad day and Trey beats him...

plowboy
6/25/2014 1:23am
I really like Trey. I'm a fellow okie but to say he "deserves" a win is a bit much. Every rider lucky enough to make the show has put in an extraordinary amount of work., effort., and sacrifice to get there. He's had a hard row to hoe but not more than some others. Having said that...he is a bulldog and tenacity usually pays off eventually.
HenryA
6/25/2014 1:30am
Well he won a championship back in the days when he put on a late season sprint so a moto win wouldn't surprise me at all.
jock
Fantasy
1st
6/25/2014 1:51am
Moto's, sure. Overalls, not so sure.
Both Trey and Barcia have looked very much on the edge this series, could it be the bike? Not bashing Honda, I own one.
6/25/2014 2:42am
Apsolutly! Def will win a moto. Js7 will be your 2014 mx national champion... cant wait till he lays it down this weekend
downard254
6/25/2014 4:19am
I love how Trey is such a good guy off the track, but on the track he's vicious. He's getting better every weekend and hopefully he'll get that win soon.
Crush
6/25/2014 4:40am
Wouldn't be surprised to see him win a moto or two at all.
6/25/2014 5:04am
Sooner or later I do think he'll be rewarded for being in the position to take advantage of a mistake by the race leader; a-la-Dungey of years past style. Awesome to see him performing on such a high level every week
IWreckALot
6/25/2014 5:05am
His fitness has absolutely surprised and impressed me this year. His last lap was within a second of Dungey's fastest lap in moto 2 of Hangtown (I think). He sailed the finish line jump in a last ditch effort to get around Stewart. He doesn't get a TON of TV time so its difficult to see where exactly he's losing time but he certainly has the pace and endurance.

6/25/2014 5:12am
At this point he's real close to getting it done. Hopefully he stays healthy and keeps the pressure on them. Barring injury he will probably get there or at minimum continue to make them earn their victory.
IWreckALot
6/25/2014 5:16am
jock wrote:
Moto's, sure. Overalls, not so sure. Both Trey and Barcia have looked very much on the edge this series, could it be the bike? Not bashing...
Both Trey and Barcia have looked very much on the edge this series, could it be the bike? Not bashing Honda, I own one.
Barcia isn't in the same category as Canard right now. I don't know what it is about Barcia, but he just seems to be lacking some endurance which I thought he had been working on for the past year and a half. Remember the whole "boy strength" vs. "man strength"? He still seems to be stuck closer to the former.
Crash82
Fantasy
2187th
6/25/2014 5:20am
Trey is a badass. Unreal how he maintains the pace after all the injuries.
jleews6
6/25/2014 5:24am
I think he can at least win a moto. He seems to be getting stronger every week and when you think about all the time he missed from injury it makes him look even better. His bike doesn't look no where as good as the KTMs,Suzukis or Kawi's but he is doing the best he can with what he has. This is coming from a Honda guy.Smile
motomike137
6/25/2014 5:29am
downard254 wrote:
I love how Trey is such a good guy off the track, but on the track he's vicious. He's getting better every weekend and hopefully he'll...
I love how Trey is such a good guy off the track, but on the track he's vicious. He's getting better every weekend and hopefully he'll get that win soon.
I think if he stays rubber side down oppurtunity will afford him a moto win or two, possibly even a overall. I do get a chuckle out of how he can make dive bomb moves on people and get a pass for it because he is such a "nice guy" Wink
motomike137
6/25/2014 5:33am
jock wrote:
Moto's, sure. Overalls, not so sure. Both Trey and Barcia have looked very much on the edge this series, could it be the bike? Not bashing...
IWreckALot wrote:
Barcia isn't in the same category as Canard right now. I don't know what it is about Barcia, but he just seems to be lacking some...
Barcia isn't in the same category as Canard right now. I don't know what it is about Barcia, but he just seems to be lacking some endurance which I thought he had been working on for the past year and a half. Remember the whole "boy strength" vs. "man strength"? He still seems to be stuck closer to the former.
I don't know with Barcia if it is truly a strength/endurance issue at this point. I think it is more like he is/was mentally done riding the red bike and looking forward to his change of scenery and I hope it works out really well for him because I am old Yamadog from way back and love watching Justin ride!
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
6/25/2014 8:45am
His sprint speed is the other guys sustainable speed. He can not ride that pace the full moto...or he will end up in the meat wagon...
His sprint speed is the other guys sustainable speed. He can not ride that pace the full moto...or he will end up in the meat wagon. It is possible for him to win one...but not straight up against all the top 3...

*JS out after he fails his Lakewood test
*KR has a really bad start
*RD had a bad day and Trey beats him...

What races have you been watching? His lap times have been consistently as strong at the end of motos as the beginning.

http://www.promotocross.com/motocross/race-results

6/25/2014 8:50am
He sure makes that Honda look good! Go Trey!
mirramaxx
6/25/2014 9:04am
Met Trey at St.louis Supercross this year, even a bigger fan now ! He will get a win as far as the other guys having a bad day in order for him to win? He would have went 2-2 the last race then came back in moto 2 only to be bestest by J-stew.... A win is next !
Zracer
6/25/2014 10:30am
He just needs a good start and he will be there .
6/25/2014 10:43am
It's so refreshing to read a thread about a guy like Trey.

I don't know if he will get a win, but the pieces are there; good starts, speed, and consistency.
flyinb501
Fantasy
392nd
6/25/2014 10:51am
I hope so.
Trav138
6/25/2014 10:51am
I think its only a matter of time. He was in second until his fall at HP but he looked comfortable with the pace and he wasn't making to many mistakes until he fell at the end of the moto and gave up 2nd to Roczen.
Katoomey
6/25/2014 11:26am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 11:27am
jock wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Barcia isn't in the same category as Canard right now. I don't know what it is about Barcia, but he just seems to be lacking some...
I don't know with Barcia if it is truly a strength/endurance issue at this point. I think it is more like he is/was mentally done riding...
I don't know with Barcia if it is truly a strength/endurance issue at this point. I think it is more like he is/was mentally done riding the red bike and looking forward to his change of scenery and I hope it works out really well for him because I am old Yamadog from way back and love watching Justin ride!
idiotic fanboys....you actually call yourself a Yamadog. What a tiny little world you must live in with all of your self imposed "rules"

I am going to eat it up next year when Barcia's results havn't improved with his new ride.

If you can't win on factory equipment of any color, then you aren't a winner. Barcia doesn't have a winning personality or a winning approach to racing. He'd rather battle it out in 5th place and show everybody how he's not intimidated by anything, instead of passing them and moving forward. He'll never be anything more than a podium lurker until he is more focused on winning, and less focused on being "Bam Bam". A little more Villopoto, a lot less Hannah.

Trey sure seems to be riding to his potential on the very same Honda, and I can't wait to see him on top of the box with it. I think he has what it takes to do that, and more than just once. He has certainly earned it in some respects..

Post a reply to: Trey Canard

The Latest