Travis Pastrana

jap114
Edited Date/Time 3/15/2014 11:01am
Looks like he's back on 4 wheels this week. Qualified 13th in the trophy truck class for today's Mint 400.
https://www.race-dezert.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/2014-Mint-4…

photo
https://www.race-dezert.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/mint-400-ti…
|
markit
3/15/2014 4:56am
Cool, wounder if there are any streams? But with Daytona and SX not much room for TTs.
jap114
3/15/2014 5:10am
markit,
Sorta' - there is a live" tracking" system that shows a GPS layout of the course and a icon of the vehicle with name, speed, etc. It's not live video but it is live timing.

There's also a live radio broadcast of the promoters team that transmits all the race workers conversations. You pick up bits and pieces about idiot spectators driving their atv's backwards on the course, idiot spectators standing on the course, etc. - pretty funny stuff really!!

Takes a little bit of googling and surfing to find them. I usually start at the Best in the Desert website.
bd
3/15/2014 5:34am
Should be an awesome race. A few of these fellas are from Vegas - Flores, Baldwin, Herbst and Dean etc. Flores is one of my friends, saw him yesterday before tech. This was on Tuesday: http://youtu.be/Zk7rIagOgXI

I thought RJ was racing this class too.

These trucks when on - make your heart race. Keep an eye TJ Flores, he will be turning heads tomorrow.
markit
3/15/2014 5:39am
jap114 wrote:
markit, Sorta' - there is a live" tracking" system that shows a GPS layout of the course and a icon of the vehicle with name, speed...
markit,
Sorta' - there is a live" tracking" system that shows a GPS layout of the course and a icon of the vehicle with name, speed, etc. It's not live video but it is live timing.

There's also a live radio broadcast of the promoters team that transmits all the race workers conversations. You pick up bits and pieces about idiot spectators driving their atv's backwards on the course, idiot spectators standing on the course, etc. - pretty funny stuff really!!

Takes a little bit of googling and surfing to find them. I usually start at the Best in the Desert website.
That actually sound cool a shit! I'll catch some of it for sure, Thanks

The Shop

TerryK
3/15/2014 6:25am
He's also back in the Subaru rally car. This is from March 11th.

jap114
3/15/2014 6:26am
bd wrote:
Should be an awesome race. A few of these fellas are from Vegas - Flores, Baldwin, Herbst and Dean etc. Flores is one of my friends...
Should be an awesome race. A few of these fellas are from Vegas - Flores, Baldwin, Herbst and Dean etc. Flores is one of my friends, saw him yesterday before tech. This was on Tuesday: http://youtu.be/Zk7rIagOgXI

These trucks when on - make your heart race. Keep an eye TJ Flores, he will be turning heads tomorrow.
Hey bd, TJ better show up today, not tomorrow, correct!!

I follow Steve Strobel and his Strobel Motorsports team. We partner with them in our real world "work" stuff chasing this modern day gold rush in North Dakota oil. They are based out of Nebraska, but also have a satellite race shop in Vegas.

Steve and his co-pilot Mark Starostka are business partners also, so they are partners in work and partners in play - cool stuff!
Outsider
3/15/2014 7:02am
This dude has the life!

There is nothing quite like standing out in the desert on a cool, quiet morning and having a trophy truck coming at you at a 100+ mph through sand whoops!Woohoo
Mickolobe7
3/15/2014 8:45am
Outsider wrote:
This dude has the life! There is nothing quite like standing out in the desert on a cool, quiet morning and having a trophy truck coming...
This dude has the life!

There is nothing quite like standing out in the desert on a cool, quiet morning and having a trophy truck coming at you at a 100+ mph through sand whoops!Woohoo
Your right even tho we all wanted him to race SX/MX because he was an amazing rider to watch. Instead he did X games and the list goes on and on makes more money than almost all top sx/mx guys and does what ever he wants. That is the life. Still wish he raced Sx/Mx a few more years!
bd
3/15/2014 11:01am
bd wrote:
Should be an awesome race. A few of these fellas are from Vegas - Flores, Baldwin, Herbst and Dean etc. Flores is one of my friends...

jap114 wrote:
Hey bd, TJ better show up today, not tomorrow, correct!! I follow Steve Strobel and his Strobel Motorsports team. We partner with them in our real...
Hey bd, TJ better show up today, not tomorrow, correct!!

I follow Steve Strobel and his Strobel Motorsports team. We partner with them in our real world "work" stuff chasing this modern day gold rush in North Dakota oil. They are based out of Nebraska, but also have a satellite race shop in Vegas.

Steve and his co-pilot Mark Starostka are business partners also, so they are partners in work and partners in play - cool stuff!
Correct... LOL. I woke up, posted this and went back to bed. Its windy today, should be good racing.

And yes, TP199 has a hell of a life.

Post a reply to: Travis Pastrana

The Latest