Tracks in NC??

Jsilva182
Just moved to North Carolina and was just wondering where some tracks are around the Charlotte area or if there is any?
|
trevor310mx
Fantasy
3272nd
1/19/2017 9:31pm
421MX is about 45 minutes up the road, Yadkinville, NC
jpatz319
Fantasy
1145th
1/20/2017 5:25am
There a bunch of tracks

421 MX in Yadkinville, NC
Silver Valley MX in Lexington, NC
East Bend Motosports in East Bend, NC
Club MX down in Chesterfield, SC
Club Mole Creek MX
Wide Open in Raeford, NC
95s10nj
1/20/2017 5:51am
Is 421 MX the old thunder valley? Center Road MX still open? I used to ride at Andrews in Concord but I believe that's closed now, Daniels Ridge, TNT in Chester SC which is closed now too.
mxracer32
1/20/2017 5:52am
Daniels ridge is open. Andrews is closed. Center road still open, sundays only for the most part.

The Shop

Roostermx58
1/20/2017 5:54am
Iron City MX in Blacksburg SC
Zoo City in Asheboro, NC
trevor310mx
Fantasy
3272nd
1/20/2017 5:57am
95s10nj wrote:
Is 421 MX the old thunder valley? Center Road MX still open? I used to ride at Andrews in Concord but I believe that's closed now...
Is 421 MX the old thunder valley? Center Road MX still open? I used to ride at Andrews in Concord but I believe that's closed now, Daniels Ridge, TNT in Chester SC which is closed now too.
Yes to 421MX, it's a newly redesigned track. And yes, Center Road is still open as well.
Bolt-On
Fantasy
1219th
1/20/2017 6:49am
Iron City MX in Blacksburg SC
Zoo City in Asheboro, NC
Two of my favorites even though I haven't been to Iron City in several years, but the pics I've seen recently look awesome.

Zoo City is a little tamed down compared to some of the others as they typically have more Youth riders, but it's still a lot of fun. You can turn some smaller jumps into bigger ones if you so desire. I put on an annual GP race there and it's pretty cool because it shows that everyone from Youth riders to Pro riders and full blown woods riders can handle it.
kawirider819
1/20/2017 7:19am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2017 7:21am
Anyone ride at Jimmy weinerts facilty? Thinking of taking a road trip down there in February to check it out.
1/20/2017 7:43am
Anyone ride at Jimmy weinerts facilty? Thinking of taking a road trip down there in February to check it out.
The Jammers facility is pretty good. There are multiple tracks that are constantly changing. The main track is made to be friendly to most riders. Then there is a more advanced track with some jumps that should keep most vet riders (like me) away. There are also a couple turn tracks and this time of year he usually has an AX track built. Like most of Eastern Carolina, the dirt is soft and sandy.
StretchASU
1/20/2017 8:38am
Cow Branch MX
NCMP
Brushy Mtn has an MX track
Lake Sugartree and Birch Creek MX arent too far across the VA state line either.

There is a LOT of moto within a 4 hour drive of Charlotte.
Jsilva182
1/20/2017 3:58pm
Thanks guys! I'll have to check those tracks out when the weather gets a little better! In the mean time I've been trying to build a track on our property

1/20/2017 5:20pm
It doesn't get any more legit around here than the practice track at ClubMX in Chesterfield, SC. http://www.clubmx-sc.com/ When you see their facility, you'll be blown away. They open the private tracks to the public a couple times a year (always at their open house every October, and usually a few other times throughout the year).

Iron City in Blacksburg, SC right off I85 has open practice every so often http://www.ironcitymx2.com/contact.html

Wide Open is a bit of a haul, but is a great track http://wideopenmxparkonline.com/

What side of Charlotte are you on?? I'm in South Charlotte not far from Providence Road & I-485
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
1/20/2017 5:35pm
Jsilva182 wrote:
Thanks guys! I'll have to check those tracks out when the weather gets a little better! In the mean time I've been trying to build a...
Thanks guys! I'll have to check those tracks out when the weather gets a little better! In the mean time I've been trying to build a track on our property

Just remember, drain drain drain this time of year. Doesn't take much rain to floodl a track if not done correctly. If you drain enough for the dirt to run, you will have to chase it and bring back so take your time and have fun. Little different then the West
atceraj
Fantasy
2346th
1/20/2017 5:51pm
I'm with F150, club has one of the best facilities in the country!
Jsilva182
1/20/2017 5:54pm
It doesn't get any more legit around here than the practice track at ClubMX in Chesterfield, SC. http://www.clubmx-sc.com/ When you see their facility, you'll be blown...
It doesn't get any more legit around here than the practice track at ClubMX in Chesterfield, SC. http://www.clubmx-sc.com/ When you see their facility, you'll be blown away. They open the private tracks to the public a couple times a year (always at their open house every October, and usually a few other times throughout the year).

Iron City in Blacksburg, SC right off I85 has open practice every so often http://www.ironcitymx2.com/contact.html

Wide Open is a bit of a haul, but is a great track http://wideopenmxparkonline.com/

What side of Charlotte are you on?? I'm in South Charlotte not far from Providence Road & I-485
Oh yea I've seen pictures of Club on instagram and that place looks amazing! Huge props to the guys that build the tracks at that place, now that i know how hard building a track is lol

Actually i live in Lincolnton (thats where my track is) but i work in North Charlotte
Jsilva182
1/20/2017 6:34pm
imoto34 wrote:
Just remember, drain drain drain this time of year. Doesn't take much rain to floodl a track if not done correctly. If you drain enough for...
Just remember, drain drain drain this time of year. Doesn't take much rain to floodl a track if not done correctly. If you drain enough for the dirt to run, you will have to chase it and bring back so take your time and have fun. Little different then the West
Yea one of my berms already has a pool of water at the bottom of it... its kinda in a weird spot and going down hill so I have to figure out a drainage plan and yea its quite different, I like having a track in my backyard Laughing lol
1/20/2017 7:03pm
Jsilva182 wrote:
Oh yea I've seen pictures of Club on instagram and that place looks amazing! Huge props to the guys that build the tracks at that place...
Oh yea I've seen pictures of Club on instagram and that place looks amazing! Huge props to the guys that build the tracks at that place, now that i know how hard building a track is lol

Actually i live in Lincolnton (thats where my track is) but i work in North Charlotte
Al Lane Motorsports there in the Lincolnton area had a pretty solid track called Top Gun that I used to race at.. I know Al Lane is still there but I have clue what ever happened to the track. If you happen to wander into Al Lane's, ask them what's up with Top Gun and report back. Thanks. lol

Silver Creek MX in Morganton, NC has lighting and runs practices/races at night sometimes.. Track is owned by the Bollinger family (Trevor Bollinger = 2016 GNCC XC2 Champion)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Silver-Creek-MX-Track/215177878535516

https://youtu.be/haAcyx1Mu64
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
1/21/2017 3:17am
Jammers is great! We have about a dozen good tracks east of 95!
1/21/2017 7:31am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2017 7:53am
Jsilva182 wrote:
Thanks guys! I'll have to check those tracks out when the weather gets a little better! In the mean time I've been trying to build a...

from where you live you head a bit north to Eastbend, 421 etc.....

To the east would be zoo city, there is one near me called dirt city but they don't have equipment to prep the track yet.

Club is also a great place to go but the main track is not open to the public. they do have a practice track available to everyone.

if you can take a week off South of the Border is affordable and fun. we have done 3 week long sessions there and its a blast.

if you feel like taking a long drive Outback is down there close to SOB and always open. I Don't know if hog heaven has closed down for good or not but that was an awesome track.

1/21/2017 7:56am
StretchASU wrote:
Cow Branch MX NCMP Brushy Mtn has an MX track Lake Sugartree and Birch Creek MX arent too far across the VA state line either. There...
Cow Branch MX
NCMP
Brushy Mtn has an MX track
Lake Sugartree and Birch Creek MX arent too far across the VA state line either.

There is a LOT of moto within a 4 hour drive of Charlotte.
and none within 30 min lol ive always wondered why there was not a track closer.

I think the closest to me is CLUB at just about an hour flat.
BobPA
1/21/2017 8:29am
I am sitting here right now, track is absolutely perfect. We drove down from PA yesterday and it was rough but still a blast. Got here this morning and it was perfectly groomed
3rdgearpinned
1/21/2017 9:51am
checkout holeshot motorsports on facebook. about 75 miles from you.
CHaynes
1/21/2017 12:23pm
I will echo what most others have said on here about Club MX. The facility is truly awesome, especially the first time you show up and take it all in. But there are other awesome tracks around Charlotte that are worth the visit. Iron City is a cool track that is a very easy commute down 85. Silver Valley is a new track that I'm pretty sure is in Lexington. That track is incredible as well. Typical Carolina clay that offers great traction and the jumps are big but relatively safe I believe. MX421 was a blast, but haven't been there in a few years.
Jsilva182
1/21/2017 2:14pm
Al Lane Motorsports there in the Lincolnton area had a pretty solid track called Top Gun that I used to race at.. I know Al Lane...
Al Lane Motorsports there in the Lincolnton area had a pretty solid track called Top Gun that I used to race at.. I know Al Lane is still there but I have clue what ever happened to the track. If you happen to wander into Al Lane's, ask them what's up with Top Gun and report back. Thanks. lol

Silver Creek MX in Morganton, NC has lighting and runs practices/races at night sometimes.. Track is owned by the Bollinger family (Trevor Bollinger = 2016 GNCC XC2 Champion)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Silver-Creek-MX-Track/215177878535516

https://youtu.be/haAcyx1Mu64
Yea i actually went into Al Lane Motorsports looking for a job and asked them about the track and they said they closed it down because of an insurance issue of some sort. It sucks because that track looks awesome!
Jsilva182
1/21/2017 2:18pm
CHaynes wrote:
I will echo what most others have said on here about Club MX. The facility is truly awesome, especially the first time you show up and...
I will echo what most others have said on here about Club MX. The facility is truly awesome, especially the first time you show up and take it all in. But there are other awesome tracks around Charlotte that are worth the visit. Iron City is a cool track that is a very easy commute down 85. Silver Valley is a new track that I'm pretty sure is in Lexington. That track is incredible as well. Typical Carolina clay that offers great traction and the jumps are big but relatively safe I believe. MX421 was a blast, but haven't been there in a few years.
Yea Club MX is a must do, i'll definitely have to spend a weekend down there but Iron city looks like the closet one to me so I'll be trying that track first!
2/2/2017 8:36pm
Jsilva182 wrote:
Yea i actually went into Al Lane Motorsports looking for a job and asked them about the track and they said they closed it down because...
Yea i actually went into Al Lane Motorsports looking for a job and asked them about the track and they said they closed it down because of an insurance issue of some sort. It sucks because that track looks awesome!
FYI, just saw this on Facebook... right on!!

Post a reply to: Tracks in NC??

The Latest