Tracks in Arkansas

Rdubs19
Edited Date/Time 11/1/2014 5:20pm
Moved back to Arkansas not long ago am wondering where the hell all the tracks went. Burnthill used to be an AWESOME track up with a great crowd of seriously talented riders in the northeast corner and would hold some amateur national qualifiers and lots of local stuff, Ark-Mo, King of the Hill and so on. I'm told it's gone now. Cleburne County speedway had a fun track and some good crowds when I was a teenager, the MX took a backseat to the quad thing and the track reflected it but can't blame the owners for catering to their market I guess. It's apparently been gone for some time now. And Sherwood MX was a great track and there is still a track there (mostly) but I'm told it too has closed down. What the hell?? Are there any tracks open in Arkansas anymore?!?! Somebody get me out of this nightmare........
|
TommyLee93
10/31/2014 2:18pm
Had some great times at Burns Park, but that was many years ago.
Rdubs19
10/31/2014 2:23pm
Yep I mountain bike there and all around central AR there are some great trails around if you know where to look. There's a killer bmx track at burns that really needs some TLC. But I know of no MX or even OHV areas around here at all.
kyle450rider
10/31/2014 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2014 6:01pm
They got a track right near the border of AR and OK on the OK side just west of Siloam Springs. Not sure of the name but you can find it on google maps and I know they ride there because it was open 2 weekends ago. Another that I know of on the border is near Ft Smith, AR. I think it's called River Valley MX. Not real sure on that one.

*correction* the track is on the Arkansas side just across the border. Still find it on google maps.

The Shop

Paw Paw 271
10/31/2014 4:06pm
There are tracks in Hot Springs, Pine Bluff and Magnolia.

Paw Paw
CLT809
Fantasy
16th
10/31/2014 4:21pm
Kind of sucks right now, at least as far as the mx scene goes. Sundance, Ascot, and Pine Bluff all race pretty regularly, and there's Michael Donelson's Arkansas State Series, but otherwise it is certainly dwindling. I resorted to doing harescrambles every now and then to try something new and keep racing regularly, they have more riders on the gate, or uhh, line, and they actually pay better than mx around here.

On the bright side, if you are in Little Rock your city has provided a riding area, called Ott Park, that is free to the public and open 24/7. It is off the England exit (7) of I-440 and there's tons of trail if you're into that sort of thing, and if not there is an awesome, rough, sandy turn track right off the Arkansas river there too. Or you can always go ride in Amity at dirtbikemike's for $5 on an awesome track, or ride his trails. Another fun place is kind of a hidden spot off of the Saline river in Benton, you take exit 116 and cross under the river bridge and park at a boat ramp, if you follow a trail to the right there is another rough practice track. It's Arkansas, so there are still several places to go practice and ride, it's just the number of racers seems to have fallen off and so have the tracks.
hvaughn88
10/31/2014 5:50pm
I started looking for some of the same tracks I rode at before I stopped riding 12 years ago. Sadly, most of them are gone. There's one near Blackwell, but I haven't ridden it. I also know of the one at hwy 89 near mayflower. I miss the burns park track too, that was an awesome time and brought out some pretty big names at the time. The majority of my racing was at ascot in Dora. As you can tell, I'm not real interested in getting out on moto tracks anymore and the woods riding is where my interest lies right now.
kyle450rider
10/31/2014 5:54pm

Paw Paw
Whats the track called in Hot Springs? I've been there on vacation before and could see me taking my bike with me next go around.
hvaughn88
10/31/2014 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2014 6:18pm

Paw Paw
Whats the track called in Hot Springs? I've been there on vacation before and could see me taking my bike with me next go around.
Edit: I had the wrong track I think
kyle450rider
10/31/2014 6:02pm
Hot Springs is a cool little town. I say little but I know it's bigger. Just has a small feel on certain area's. I'll have to check it out on my next trip. I surprised AR doesn't have more tracks with the hills and terrain.
hvaughn88
10/31/2014 6:15pm
Hot Springs is a cool little town. I say little but I know it's bigger. Just has a small feel on certain area's. I'll have to...
Hot Springs is a cool little town. I say little but I know it's bigger. Just has a small feel on certain area's. I'll have to check it out on my next trip. I surprised AR doesn't have more tracks with the hills and terrain.
I hear ya. Not many shops even keep an mx bike on the showroom floor anymore. Little rock and Fayetteville have some dealers that do, but most the other dealers in the state seem to be more side by sides and street bikes. Moto just seems all but dead here.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
10/31/2014 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2014 7:14pm
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
10/31/2014 7:13pm
Have you ridden @ DIRTBIKE MIKE'S house yet ? He has/had a great facility on his property back in '07. We were passing thru, headed to Lorrettas and ended up stopping in Arkansas. Kids were googling MX Tracks in Ar and his popped up. Had a great time, he's a super nice guy who had cold beers waiting for us, after the riding was over.

http://www.dirtbikemike.com
10/31/2014 8:43pm
Yeah, I'm still here, track is still here, MX class at 9 in the morning. I'm doing my part to keep motocross alive.

66 years of living the dream.

mxislife17
10/31/2014 10:53pm
Mx in Arkansas has hit an all-time low for sure, and dirtbikemike I need come down and ride it's been a few yrs since I've been to your place
headache
11/1/2014 4:24pm
I agree Burnthill was an awesome track. I heard the insurance price on the track was outrageous and they couldn't afford to keep the track open. so they sold it to a local farmer and its all leveled and turned into more rice field lol. I think there is a track still open just north of Heber Springs on hwy 25. Even harescramble races have lower turnout than ever. There just isn't very many good places to ride at all in the northeast part of the state. I only have 1 place to ride trails locally. everywhere else is about a 2hr drive or more.
Rdubs19
11/1/2014 4:55pm
I can believe it about the insurance, maybe that's why they tabled nearly everything in '04 I think. The big triple was SUPER sketchy with little more han anthills to land on. A couple young guys bought it around that time and that's kinda where my memory gets fuzzy. Wednesday evenings used to be packed, I'd go out and ride until sunset and it was heaven on earth to me. Then go play MX unleashed til 1a.m. Damn those were the days. TN, TX, and OKall seem to have pretty healthy amatuer scenes, shame that AR is going the opposite direction.
86honda
11/1/2014 5:20pm
PBMX offers year round access to riders for $100.00. We race Feb thru Nov on the third Sat. of the month. We work very hard to give a great race day experience. If you are over 40 the Pete Perna invitational race is this month. Usually a 30 or more man gate. Check us out and stay up to date on FB at PBMX Motocross Park.

Post a reply to: Tracks in Arkansas

The Latest