Track Seperation

yzjs7
Edited Date/Time 10/24/2013 6:59pm
We need more tracks where some guys can do rythm sections that others cant. Such as at the MEC, Stewart hitting that downside of the table top for the first time in the race and RV did it after that. There needs to be obstacles and or rythms that seperate the men from the boys. It's cool when Stewart or anybody bust out with something nobody has or will do.
|
Grizz
10/23/2013 8:24pm
And how do you suppose they do that? Make a jump so dangerous that you'd have to be stupid/desperate to do it every lap?
yzjs7
10/23/2013 8:30pm
Well RV did crash his brains out trying to do it, and only him and James were doing it, so yes....
mx836
10/23/2013 8:32pm
Grizz wrote:
And how do you suppose they do that? Make a jump so dangerous that you'd have to be stupid/desperate to do it every lap?
They are the best riders in the world. Who's better to know if they are capable?
TerryK
10/23/2013 8:49pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Well RV did crash his brains out trying to do it, and only him and James were doing it, so yes....
2013 is winding down and this statement is now in the running for the dumbest of the year.

The Shop

CamP
10/23/2013 8:54pm
I cringe every time someone says "track needs obstacles that create separation". It's one of the dumbest statements in the sport.
snowy816
10/23/2013 8:58pm
I would just like to see the bowl turn like MEC, throw in BIG WOOPs, dragon backs, under overs and step ups. vary it with fast sections and slower techincal sections.
yzjs7
10/23/2013 9:00pm
So you rather see everyone doing exactly the same thing. Listen to the Pulp Show I know Steve agrees with me. Plus if they were doing it at the MEC clearly the track allowed for it. Maybe it's un intentional either way its cool to see someone rise above the others.
RealityZ
10/23/2013 9:00pm
Grizz wrote:
So which was it RV or James that was stupid or desperate?

There is a need for something that separates guys! Simply dropping the gate and crossing your fingers requires less skill than jump creativity or using your brain while racing.
yzjs7
10/23/2013 9:03pm
Ya really its kinda like line selection with the jumps. Gotta study the track and see what you can do with it.
Kyle978
10/23/2013 9:06pm
yzjs7 wrote:
So you rather see everyone doing exactly the same thing. Listen to the Pulp Show I know Steve agrees with me. Plus if they were doing...
So you rather see everyone doing exactly the same thing. Listen to the Pulp Show I know Steve agrees with me. Plus if they were doing it at the MEC clearly the track allowed for it. Maybe it's un intentional either way its cool to see someone rise above the others.
Bro there's more to moto than PulpMX, VitalMX, and JS7. Get out there and experience the lifestyle before you go apeshit asking stupid questions all over MX media. And this is coming from a fan of JS7 since I looked up to him at the amateur nationals (much bigger fan than you)
yzjs7
10/23/2013 9:09pm
Hey Kyle Fuck You, I mention Pulp and you use it against me. Many others agree Kyle and apparently your not a bigger fan cus it's Raining Yellow BITCH. Suck it! I ride every weekend pal trust me I LIVE IT!
IWreckALot
10/24/2013 6:57am
I don't think it's possible to avoid that kind of line really. With the way they make the on-off's/rhythm sections, a couple extra feet and the riders clear the whole thing. JS7 is willing to take a risk to see if he can huck it. I do enjoy watching the riders that clear the extra bit of real estate for an extra second. Davi is almost always underlooked in these situations. It's not rare that he's the first guy to hit obstacles differently than JS. JS just gets the extra coverage.
jndmx
10/24/2013 7:12am
yzjs7 wrote:
Hey Kyle Fuck You, I mention Pulp and you use it against me. Many others agree Kyle and apparently your not a bigger fan cus it's...
Hey Kyle Fuck You, I mention Pulp and you use it against me. Many others agree Kyle and apparently your not a bigger fan cus it's Raining Yellow BITCH. Suck it! I ride every weekend pal trust me I LIVE IT!
JLO42
10/24/2013 7:24am
It is of my opinion that the tracks are plenty dangerous as they are. Every year we enter the season with a "stacked" field only to have half of them end their season prematurely due to injury. Why increase the risk any further? The fastest guys will always find a way to gain an advantage; case in point the bubba scrub. Stewart pioneered the technique to gain an advantage if even ever so slight. I think that if you start to implement overly scketchy rthym sections you will find that many more riders will be injured, while the elite will still finish at the top. The guys that will be doing the jump in the first place are more than likely going to be the top guys anyhow. The "second tier riders" (i.e. Jake Weimer, Broc Tickle, etc.) will be expected to do the same jump/ rythm that the top guys are doing, which in turn may push them past their limits.
MT MX
10/24/2013 7:26am
I just don't understand how James can look at something (a jump) and do it in a race without trying or sizing it up first?
I, mean shit, I pour myself a cup of coffee in the morning and for the next 1/2 hour to an hour I sit there staring at it pondering if its still too hot to drink. By that time I develope the courage to drink it it's ice cold.
Boys got some balls (and definitely some brains)
slipdog
10/24/2013 7:32am
MT MX wrote:
I just don't understand how James can look at something (a jump) and do it in a race without trying or sizing it up first? I...
I just don't understand how James can look at something (a jump) and do it in a race without trying or sizing it up first?
I, mean shit, I pour myself a cup of coffee in the morning and for the next 1/2 hour to an hour I sit there staring at it pondering if its still too hot to drink. By that time I develope the courage to drink it it's ice cold.
HAR! Good analogy, when I was younger I use to burn my mouth on boiling hot coffee, now a days I prefer to drink iced mocha...
MX Culture
10/24/2013 7:39am
At least he didn't ask when the Seven gear will be out..
SEE ARE125
10/24/2013 7:47am
IWreckALot wrote:
I don't think it's possible to avoid that kind of line really. With the way they make the on-off's/rhythm sections, a couple extra feet and the...
I don't think it's possible to avoid that kind of line really. With the way they make the on-off's/rhythm sections, a couple extra feet and the riders clear the whole thing. JS7 is willing to take a risk to see if he can huck it. I do enjoy watching the riders that clear the extra bit of real estate for an extra second. Davi is almost always underlooked in these situations. It's not rare that he's the first guy to hit obstacles differently than JS. JS just gets the extra coverage.
Davi does get overlooked in that aspect. A good example is the wall jump before the sand section in ATL last season. I was sitting there watching practice and everyone was rolling up the face then powering down the backside into the sand. About 3 or 4 laps in Davi just hits it WFO and goes about 10ft straight up in the air and about 10ft out into the sand. I was blown away. Looked sketchy as hell. It didn't look faster because when he landed in the sand his bike just kinda stopped. But it must have been faster because by the end of practice everyone else was doing it and they continued to do it all night.

I think Stewart gets the attention because he usually knows about something, but doesn't pull it out until the night show. He seems to like to keep a card up his sleeve for the main event.
jeffro503
10/24/2013 8:06am
I posted this in the other thread....and didn't check this one out until now.

Jeffro503 wrote : " Well....to be fair....I saw James have a couple hairy moments on different sections of the track which were easier.

So.....many guys complain that the jumps are getting to big and dangerous , bikes are to fast ect.....and you want to build bigger jumps to compliment one particular rider? James is an awesome rider even "Without" those type of big jumps.

What would you be thinking if he was the one that went down on that thing? It wouldn't of been pretty and I would think your opinion may differ from what it is now. "
10/24/2013 8:13am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2013 8:14am
RealityZ wrote:
So which was it RV or James that was stupid or desperate? There is a need for something that separates guys! Simply dropping the gate and...

There is a need for something that separates guys! Simply dropping the gate and crossing your fingers requires less skill than jump creativity or using your brain while racing.
Separate the men from the boys? It's called line selection and speed, speed in the corners and the ability to carry speed out of the corners. I don't want to see tracks where it's just a matter of survival, where only a few elite riders can complete the obstacles without crashing their brains out.
RMT
10/24/2013 8:15am
Frodad78 wrote:
[img]http://i.qkme.me/3r1uvy.jpg[/img]
Love it!!!!

And quick too.

Lets make them all ride full size frames and suspension with a 50cc engine. Ok, 55cc if its a 4 stroke. Not many are going to huck an 80ft. gap right out of a turn on that turd! Voila, separation.
SEE ARE125
10/24/2013 8:38am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2013 8:39am
RealityZ wrote:
So which was it RV or James that was stupid or desperate? There is a need for something that separates guys! Simply dropping the gate and...

Separate the men from the boys? It's called line selection and speed, speed in the corners and the ability to carry speed out of the corners...
Separate the men from the boys? It's called line selection and speed, speed in the corners and the ability to carry speed out of the corners. I don't want to see tracks where it's just a matter of survival, where only a few elite riders can complete the obstacles without crashing their brains out.
I can agree with that, I don't think the issue is rhythm sections and big gaps. I think line selection is key, but the problem is the current tracks really only offer one line. Which leads to a game of follow the leader, with no opportunity to make up time and makes passing damn near impossible. If there's one fast line and the leader is in it, the guy in 2nd is forced to take the same line or lose time. There's not an alternate line that is equally as fast that would allow a pass to take place.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
10/24/2013 8:46am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2013 8:47am
Yes it's like a freight train now, tracks need more slow sections. Passing is sketchy going so fast. Even jT$ says the jumps are too easy now for everyone and they all hit everything first lap of practice though. I agree.
10/24/2013 8:51am
FLmxer wrote:
Yes it's like a freight train now, tracks need more slow sections. Passing is sketchy going so fast. Even jT$ says the jumps are too easy...
Yes it's like a freight train now, tracks need more slow sections. Passing is sketchy going so fast. Even jT$ says the jumps are too easy now for everyone and they all hit everything first lap of practice though. I agree.
Yes, Total problem. We need more intelligent track design offering more lines. I would think that guys like RC and McGrath could figure that out.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
10/24/2013 8:54am
Every track has obstacles that cause separation. They're called lappers.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
10/24/2013 9:01am
yzjs7 wrote:
Hey Kyle Fuck You, I mention Pulp and you use it against me. Many others agree Kyle and apparently your not a bigger fan cus it's...
jndmx wrote:
[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/38679265.jpg[/img]
Exactly what I was thinking Laughing
IWreckALot
10/24/2013 9:03am
IWreckALot wrote:
I don't think it's possible to avoid that kind of line really. With the way they make the on-off's/rhythm sections, a couple extra feet and the...
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Davi does get overlooked in that aspect. A good example is the wall jump before the sand section in ATL last season. I was sitting there...
Davi does get overlooked in that aspect. A good example is the wall jump before the sand section in ATL last season. I was sitting there watching practice and everyone was rolling up the face then powering down the backside into the sand. About 3 or 4 laps in Davi just hits it WFO and goes about 10ft straight up in the air and about 10ft out into the sand. I was blown away. Looked sketchy as hell. It didn't look faster because when he landed in the sand his bike just kinda stopped. But it must have been faster because by the end of practice everyone else was doing it and they continued to do it all night.

I think Stewart gets the attention because he usually knows about something, but doesn't pull it out until the night show. He seems to like to keep a card up his sleeve for the main event.
Exactly one of the times I was thinking. One year he was hucking the wall at Freestone well before anyone else also. Your comment about Stewart is spot on also. He doesn't give his line up until it's time to hit it.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/24/2013 10:16am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2013 10:17am
CamP wrote:
I cringe every time someone says "track needs obstacles that create separation". It's one of the dumbest statements in the sport.
I'm sure the guys who can do these love it, but when I see "track needs obstacles that create separation," is the original poster talking about separating those guys from the competition? Or from their bikes? As we saw the other night, it can work both ways.
Grizz
10/24/2013 10:33am
MT MX wrote:
I just don't understand how James can look at something (a jump) and do it in a race without trying or sizing it up first? I...
Fantastic post.

Post a reply to: Track Seperation

The Latest