Townley KNOWS what RV is in for !

jasonv43
10/23/2014 4:26pm

I mean really, what the hell is the logo anyways? A female peanut with the face from I Robot wearing a crown, octopuss hands and long flowing hippy hair???

WTF?
APLMAN99
10/23/2014 6:27pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I'm sure that the author of that interview had the best of intentions, but that interview had almost nothing new or novel to add at all...
I'm sure that the author of that interview had the best of intentions, but that interview had almost nothing new or novel to add at all. I'm not really sure what the purpose of the interview even was. Usually you'd want to provide something new or at least no well known, but the only thing that would qualify in this interview is the sharing of pictures of trout.

It wasn't a "bad" interview, it just really didn't tell anyone anything new.
Skippie wrote:
Ummmm... It gave a professionals insight and thinking on the matter. Someone who has, first off, raced both the AMA nationals and the GPs, and was...
Ummmm... It gave a professionals insight and thinking on the matter. Someone who has, first off, raced both the AMA nationals and the GPs, and was also RVs teammate. I thought it was better then us going back and forth on something we have no idea about or been in his position.
kiwifan wrote:
Exactly !!! Obviously Aplman99 knew what Townley's thoughts were about RV ahead of this...
Are there any thoughts that Townley expressed in the interview that aren't agreed upon by the bulk of rational people already? I can't see anything in there that adds anything new. It sounds very accurate, and also very familiar because everyone has been saying the same things for quite some time.

Now if they started asking guys like Townley for some specific challenges, that'd make for some interesting reading. Examples of which countries might pose the biggest challenge to get healthy and familiar foods. Examples of which locales have fans that might react negatively to RV's presence. What sort of testing issues may arise with the varied types of tracks and how much time he'll have to devote to it. Stuff like that.

But the gist of this is that he is confident that RV is competitive with AC, and the rest of the guys seem just slightly back of that level over the course of a season. Nothing really new about that.

I'd love to see Townley asked some more in depth questions, because like we all know he's BTDT........
BobPA
10/23/2014 6:34pm
Dart Board wrote:
RV a seems to really enjoy european culture so I doubt it will be an issue.
Based on what?

The Shop

TDeath21
10/23/2014 7:35pm
Cairoli has never faced anything close to Villopoto. Villopoto has never faced Cairoli, but I do believe Dungey is a lot like him. Cairoli is obviously much better though. It'll be fun to watch.
edgo897
10/23/2014 7:39pm
I think Caroli has a big advantage at Glen Helen since it will be easy to get pizza and he'll feel at home. Qatar might be food neutral so its a tough call.
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/23/2014 8:00pm
Starbucks Cafe Verona is the shit, i buy it at the grocery store and brew it at home and drink it black every day. Its not burnt tasting like most of their coffee and costs about the same per pound as anything else. I cant stand to go into a starbucks i hate the whole vibe.

However, if you go buy one of their metal coffee mugs it WILL NOT LEAK with the top shut. Ive had a couple for many years and dont even think about spills anymore.

Also,
RV is gonna be just fine...
St Ann More
10/24/2014 3:40am
TDeath21 wrote:
Cairoli has never faced anything close to Villopoto. Villopoto has never faced Cairoli, but I do believe Dungey is a lot like him. Cairoli is obviously...
Cairoli has never faced anything close to Villopoto. Villopoto has never faced Cairoli, but I do believe Dungey is a lot like him. Cairoli is obviously much better though. It'll be fun to watch.
Just curious why you believe Dungey is a lot like Cairoli?
10/24/2014 4:16am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2014 4:33am
slightly off topic- but the year that townley and RV went at it all season long outdoors (07) was absolutely incredible to watch!!! both of them were riding amazing, and very evenly matched. Hopefully next season in mx1 gps will be as good to watch as that was!!!

ben townley is a really nice guy- we had the pleasure of having a few drinks with him and the team when he won the world mx2 title at ballykelly in 2004. We decided to stay over at the track an extra night to avoid the rush for the ferry- heard alot of noise coming from the red bull ktm tent so went to have a look. Ben invited us in- it was a free bar (vodka red bulls and peroni on draught) townley, rattray, all the red bull ktm team and smets!!! Great night- will never forget that! Cool to see the pro riders let loose every once in a while!!

been a massive townley fan ever since- such a shame all the bad luck he's had with injuries. He could beat anyone when he was fully fit. Great rider! just too injury prone
TDeath21
10/24/2014 6:22am
TDeath21 wrote:
Cairoli has never faced anything close to Villopoto. Villopoto has never faced Cairoli, but I do believe Dungey is a lot like him. Cairoli is obviously...
Consistency. Nobody on the GP scene comes close to his consistency. Also they both rarely crash.
jamma10
10/24/2014 6:45am
TDeath21 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
Consistency. Nobody on the GP scene comes close to his consistency. Also they both rarely crash.
Also they both rarely crash.

Except at the MXdN for some reason.
10/24/2014 6:49am
TDeath21 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
van hoerbeek was pretty consistent this year!

anyone else that looks like challenging cairoli for the championship though (paulin, desalle) never seem to be able to find the same consistency!
Camp332
10/24/2014 6:53am
early wrote:
Starbucks Cafe Verona is the shit, i buy it at the grocery store and brew it at home and drink it black every day. Its not...
Starbucks Cafe Verona is the shit, i buy it at the grocery store and brew it at home and drink it black every day. Its not burnt tasting like most of their coffee and costs about the same per pound as anything else. I cant stand to go into a starbucks i hate the whole vibe.

However, if you go buy one of their metal coffee mugs it WILL NOT LEAK with the top shut. Ive had a couple for many years and dont even think about spills anymore.

Also,
I buy the whole beans at the store, and grind up Cafe Verona at my house every morning.
TDeath21
10/24/2014 6:58am
TDeath21 wrote:
van hoerbeek was pretty consistent this year! anyone else that looks like challenging cairoli for the championship though (paulin, desalle) never seem to be able to...
van hoerbeek was pretty consistent this year!

anyone else that looks like challenging cairoli for the championship though (paulin, desalle) never seem to be able to find the same consistency!
Although they've both faced very tough competition, they're still two big fish in a small pond ... And now they are getting placed in a pond together for the first time. Strap in boys. This is going to be epic.
peelout
10/24/2014 8:33am
early wrote:
Starbucks Cafe Verona is the shit, i buy it at the grocery store and brew it at home and drink it black every day. Its not...

Also,
Camp332 wrote:
I buy the whole beans at the store, and grind up Cafe Verona at my house every morning.
Highlands Grogg whole beans from Grounds For Coffee is where it's at bro
10/24/2014 9:59am
TDeath21 wrote:
Although they've both faced very tough competition, they're still two big fish in a small pond ... And now they are getting placed in a pond...
Although they've both faced very tough competition, they're still two big fish in a small pond ... And now they are getting placed in a pond together for the first time. Strap in boys. This is going to be epic.
I'm going to have to disagree w the epic comment. I believe it will be a great season at the beginning. But we are talking about two racers that don't lose often, if one starts to get some momentum and points lead, the other is going to try to find another gear... Often leading to crashes and injury. It will be incredible if we see a whole season that ends w a real fight to the finish... . .but I think they will be pushing so hard to secure their legacy, that it will be amazing if they both make it thru a long season, at that pace w no injuries.
APLMAN99
10/24/2014 10:19am
TDeath21 wrote:
Although they've both faced very tough competition, they're still two big fish in a small pond ... And now they are getting placed in a pond...
I'm going to have to disagree w the epic comment. I believe it will be a great season at the beginning. But we are talking about...
I'm going to have to disagree w the epic comment. I believe it will be a great season at the beginning. But we are talking about two racers that don't lose often, if one starts to get some momentum and points lead, the other is going to try to find another gear... Often leading to crashes and injury. It will be incredible if we see a whole season that ends w a real fight to the finish... . .but I think they will be pushing so hard to secure their legacy, that it will be amazing if they both make it thru a long season, at that pace w no injuries.
I know that Villopoto has had several times where he's been down a pretty big deficit early in the season and methodically worked his way back to the top, almost exactly the opposite of your theory. I believe that Cairoli has had some of those as well. Both of those guys are incredibly smart racers, on top of being unbelievably fast.
Camp332
10/24/2014 12:11pm
peelout wrote:
I'll check that suggestion out Bro.
Prairieboy43
10/24/2014 12:19pm
peelout wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
I'll check that suggestion out Bro.
And Expresso will make him faster. I didn't know what the expresso was until the waiter asked if I wanted a small coffee in Italy with creme. He brought it out and it was so small. Maybe 4 TBSP But it packed a punch. WoohooWoohooWoohoo
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
10/24/2014 1:53pm
jasonv43 wrote:
[img]http://www.downtownseattle.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Starbucks-Logo-051711.gif[/img] I mean really, what the hell is the logo anyways? A female peanut with the face from I Robot wearing a crown, octopuss hands and...

I mean really, what the hell is the logo anyways? A female peanut with the face from I Robot wearing a crown, octopuss hands and long flowing hippy hair???

WTF?
This is how they came up with the logo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNnpArEPHuk
Well, it's a re-enactment, but you get the idea.
Question
10/24/2014 2:03pm
slightly off topic- but the year that townley and RV went at it all season long outdoors (07) was absolutely incredible to watch!!! both of them...
slightly off topic- but the year that townley and RV went at it all season long outdoors (07) was absolutely incredible to watch!!! both of them were riding amazing, and very evenly matched. Hopefully next season in mx1 gps will be as good to watch as that was!!!

ben townley is a really nice guy- we had the pleasure of having a few drinks with him and the team when he won the world mx2 title at ballykelly in 2004. We decided to stay over at the track an extra night to avoid the rush for the ferry- heard alot of noise coming from the red bull ktm tent so went to have a look. Ben invited us in- it was a free bar (vodka red bulls and peroni on draught) townley, rattray, all the red bull ktm team and smets!!! Great night- will never forget that! Cool to see the pro riders let loose every once in a while!!

been a massive townley fan ever since- such a shame all the bad luck he's had with injuries. He could beat anyone when he was fully fit. Great rider! just too injury prone

+1 on everything Smile
10/24/2014 3:26pm
Camp332 wrote:
First time I "met" Townley Bro MXoN 2007 Budds Creek. It was the Friday night before Saturday's practice, and I had some sick Bro'd out VIP...
First time I "met" Townley Bro

MXoN 2007 Budds Creek. It was the Friday night before Saturday's practice, and I had some sick Bro'd out VIP treatment in one of the Red Bull RV's for the weekend.
So, my buddy and I were just hanging in the Red Bull area with all the racer RV's all around us. All the sudden we hear some crowd of Brits wearing speedo's and flying the Union Jack as a cape. The Brits were screaming, and revving one of those "Chainless Chainsaws". I was all amped up to follow this crew of madness through the pits, so off I went.

Anyway, we roll up to Reed's RV, they bang on his door, and Chad and Ellie open the door to all of us screaming, cheering, and of course revving that chainsaw at him, Chad and Ellie started cracking up but quickly shut the door, and turned off the lights.

Soon as Reed's RV door shut, the chainsaw wielding Brit spots Townley coming out of another RV, and he sprints over to Townley with the chainsaw revving wide fuckin open in BT's face! Townley starts running, and jumps into his UTV, jammed it in reverse by accident, with a huge look of fear on his face, then jams it in forward, and takes off. We all just yelled for him as he took off waving his arms! It is the funniest memory I have from any professional race. Wish you's guys could of seen Townley's face.

Sorry for the story Bro's

Post a reply to: Townley KNOWS what RV is in for !

The Latest