Torn ACL for JS7

ocscottie
1/17/2013 7:01pm
Gibby also caught up w/ James today:

Watch: A2 Preview: James Stewart
Normally James Stewart plays his injury cards pretty close. Here he lets us in on his knee injury, and how he plans to keep racing.
Husqerdo
1/17/2013 7:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2013 7:07pm
Bottom line, SX/MX is not the same without James. The guy is as tough as they come, bummer for the fans, a much bigger bummer for JS. All the best to JS7 and I hope he makes the best decisions for his own good long term. He has nothing left to prove, he already has.
mellonhs
1/17/2013 7:08pm
ocscottie wrote:
Gibby also caught up w/ James today: Watch: [url=http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/A2-Preview-James-Stewart,8260/GuyB,64]A2 Preview: James Stewart[/url] [i]Normally James Stewart plays his injury cards pretty close. Here he lets us in...

Normally James Stewart plays his injury cards pretty close. Here he lets us in on his knee injury, and how he plans to keep racing.
damn has he changed. im glad he has finally accepted certain situations he cant force.. now we can see him on 2 wheels more often!!!!!!!!
EbarDP48
1/17/2013 7:19pm
Best Interview I've ever heard James give.
Wish I'd have seen more like this for the last few years.

The Shop

SMITH201
1/17/2013 7:41pm
ocscottie wrote:
Gibby also caught up w/ James today: Watch: [url=http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/A2-Preview-James-Stewart,8260/GuyB,64]A2 Preview: James Stewart[/url] [i]Normally James Stewart plays his injury cards pretty close. Here he lets us in...

ok, he is DEFINITELY not using his knee as an excuse Whistling
1/17/2013 7:56pm
EbarDP48 wrote:
Best Interview I've ever heard James give.
Wish I'd have seen more like this for the last few years.
I thought the same thing.
1/17/2013 8:35pm
someone pass me the salt! but Im gona pluck it first. LOL...
anyhow.......I liked this more humble side of James in that interview. most times I just cannot stand him for coming off with the attitude that hes better than everyone else and the "look at me" hollywood star mantality.
Reguardless...I hope that he can finish out the season at as near 100% as he can be. like anyone else I just want to see everyone there at the end in a tight points battle and may the best man win!
Jt$
1/17/2013 8:44pm
kongols wrote:
There is no way he can get healthy in 4 month after ACL surgery.
In 2008, James raced A1 and Phoenix and then pulled out of A2 after practice. He then had ACL reconstruction that week and won every moto that summer starting at Glen Helen. So yes it is possible.
Fat Fingers
1/17/2013 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2013 8:53pm
I haven't seen anyone say that he still can win. After the swelling has gone down which should be about now he should be able to start doing some strength work and he will be a lot more comfortable on the track.

I can see him improving each week and will soon get a win. Don't count this guy out!
exsarg
1/17/2013 8:57pm
js is now the underdog. therefore im a fan now
Cook441
1/17/2013 8:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2013 9:14pm
I haven't seen anyone say that he still can win. After the swelling has gone down which should be about now he should be able to...
I haven't seen anyone say that he still can win. After the swelling has gone down which should be about now he should be able to start doing some strength work and he will be a lot more comfortable on the track.

I can see him improving each week and will soon get a win. Don't count this guy out!
If he can get a start it's possible- It (the injury) may help mentally w regards to a reason he looses and that helps with pressure (expectations change from team and himself-) This is a guy that has really (indoors) has not had to worry in the sense of speed, now theres all these young guys doing what he taught the mx world and its a strange place( I suspect)- It could be a strange blessing if he can keep the right leg dabs down to a min and use it to remove some pressure-

If this was early or mid career I suspect he'd bow out but he's got so few years lef and so many seasons missed for a number of reasons...sot I think he's sticking it out until he knows theres no championship contention so pray he hits podium and doesnt villopodium (like A1) or he may be gone-
Lightning78
1/17/2013 9:20pm
Crush wrote:
Why did it take him 3 weeks to say it? James would ease a lot of pressure on himself if he just said, i'm hurt, i'm...
Why did it take him 3 weeks to say it?

James would ease a lot of pressure on himself if he just said, i'm hurt, i'm trying to ride, cause there is nothing I want to do more but that is what it is...

He brings heat on himself sometimes...
He did say it in BOTH of his post race YouTube videos....look them up. I think he'll recover enough to be competitive and it will subdue "crazy balls" enough to make him a much smarter racer when he isn't in a position to win and take a podium. Why did he wait 3 weeks? I don't know, maybe he didn't want to know and thought it would go away. Even with most mri exams they don't tell you right away, it needs to be assesed by a professional otho and maybe his doc was in Florida and the results just simply too time to find out .... You guys and you're conspiracy theories about James are getting ridiculous, let the guy do his thing and see what happens over the year before you guys tell him his career is done, I'm gonna assume he knows more about his career and decisions that ALL of the members of vital
Lightning78
1/17/2013 9:23pm
I haven't seen anyone say that he still can win. After the swelling has gone down which should be about now he should be able to...

That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking too.... He will comeback and mount a charge and if he can stay mistake free and ride like reed does with strategy instead of balls out speed, he can still win..... NEVER count him out.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
1/17/2013 9:25pm
kongols wrote:
There is no way he can get healthy in 4 month after ACL surgery.
Jt$ wrote:
In 2008, James raced A1 and Phoenix and then pulled out of A2 after practice. He then had ACL reconstruction that week and won every moto...
In 2008, James raced A1 and Phoenix and then pulled out of A2 after practice. He then had ACL reconstruction that week and won every moto that summer starting at Glen Helen. So yes it is possible.
I was cleared after a little over 90 days. But it depends on the graft type. Donor takes a lot longer.

If you keep riding (I did, at first) you can feel like your leg is fine. But sooner or later, probably sooner, you're gonna have it sublux (displace) at the wrong time and I promise you you will not finish that moto. At least not without shooting in some painkiller beforehand. It's a horrible pain. Mine was completely detached, though. Maybe he still has something holding things together.
Cook441
1/17/2013 9:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2013 9:42pm
Best interview and finally it seems like he's got a new found maturity...the same stuff that propelled RC from cocky king crown snatcher to humble, no excuser GOAT'n Moto God-

Very cool direction on this cat...... imo
1/17/2013 9:43pm
Hope he wins the championship now, just so he can throw it in the face of the douches that call him weak and full of excuses.

And im a 22 fan
Cook441
1/17/2013 10:00pm
Hope he wins the championship now, just so he can throw it in the face of the douches that call him weak and full of excuses...
Hope he wins the championship now, just so he can throw it in the face of the douches that call him weak and full of excuses.

And im a 22 fan
Never confuse possible with probable. Don't forget either that there have been times in the past when James hasn been a bit "flaky: when it comes to lining up, Ive watched him pull over the first couple races when he got his first real/true ass whooping in 2005 from RC....he claimed stomache aches. He also wouldn't ride moto two once he realized he couldn't beat RD and the MX Panda....I'm just saying that for the first time I think I saw a different James...a championship is mathematically possible but not probable. I think a win alone would be huge in many ways and could very well happen with a good jump-

my 2cents
jeffro503
1/17/2013 10:02pm
ocscottie wrote:

Honestly.....that video was extremely refreshing! Nice seeing a top rider like James speak the truth about an injury. He ( just like all the riders ) hide everything now days......and I don't blame them to a certain extent. But it sure is nice hearing the strait truth right from the riders lips!
RickLeY
Fantasy
2719th
1/18/2013 12:23am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2013 2:05pm
sende
Fantasy
4320th
1/18/2013 12:35am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2013 8:36am
He should have stayed on Yamaha....
I'm sure you can be more specific, how staying on yamaha would've been better?? I'm dying to know!!
tbanks
1/18/2013 5:21am
Bummer deal and I hope this isn't the end to James' amazing career....
rcm406
1/18/2013 6:09am
When he says they put some stuff in his knee this week. What "stuff" is he talking about?
slipdog
1/18/2013 6:17am
rcm406 wrote:
When he says they put some stuff in his knee this week. What "stuff" is he talking about?
Cortisone injections
ga_pike
1/18/2013 6:30am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2013 6:59am
F you!
tbanks
1/18/2013 6:36am
ocscottie wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Honestly.....that video was extremely refreshing! Nice seeing a top rider like James speak the truth about an injury. He ( just like all the riders )...
Honestly.....that video was extremely refreshing! Nice seeing a top rider like James speak the truth about an injury. He ( just like all the riders ) hide everything now days......and I don't blame them to a certain extent. But it sure is nice hearing the strait truth right from the riders lips!
Agreed that was one of the best down-to-earth interviews I've seen James do.
Robgvx
1/18/2013 6:49am
My lower leg can move an inch back and forth, front to back, relative to my knee. Always has, as long as I can remember. That's a loose/torn ACL (PCL?)

Nice party trick, doesn't hurt, and never was a problem with racing.
SEE ARE125
1/18/2013 8:02am
Clicked on this thread about JS7 now I have this little banner ad hanging out over to the right. Is it because it has ACL in the title? Weird.
kongols
1/18/2013 8:14am
Those adds are based on your search history. Every member have different adds. Be glad it`s not gay meeting sites, like one member complained.

Post a reply to: Torn ACL for JS7

The Latest