Top Jimmy....

huck
Edited Date/Time 3/19/2015 8:32am
I was wondering what happened to him.....

|
Randy Savage
3/16/2015 11:24am
That's a shitty medical procedure. They'll do one shoulder at a time and it's something like 8 weeks per more than likely. Blake Wharton style. Sucks, but you can't keep that guy down.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
3/16/2015 11:32am
Getting himself healthy is a smart choice, hope all the best for him, he is one of the sports great personalities!

hvaughn88
3/16/2015 11:32am
That sounds brutal. I remember how much it sucked only having one shoulder done. Can't even begin to imagine what it's like having issues with both of them. Good luck and heal up quick, Jimmy. Love watching you out there and your an easy guy to be a fan of.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/16/2015 11:34am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2015 11:34am
Yeah, labrum surgery is no fun. Gotta do lots of rehab after, and get the flexibility and strength back. Looking forward to seeing Jimmy back at 100 percent.

The Shop

olds cool
3/16/2015 6:31pm
Hope he gets everything put back together right and can come back strong!
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
3/16/2015 6:40pm
Bummer. I hope his surgery goes well, and we see him back racing asap.

Thanks for the update.

Coyote
3/16/2015 6:42pm
huck wrote:
I was wondering what happened to him..... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/03/16/84058/s1200_Screen_Shot_2015_03_16_at_1.13.49_PM.jpg[/img]
I was wondering what happened to him.....

Brian, glad to hear he's getting repaired, dangerous to be riding like that not knowing what or if the shoulders staying together or not...imho. All the best and to correct you as far as being number 1 fan...Georgia might have some say so in that...lol All the best. chas
Cygnus
3/16/2015 6:47pm
Good and bad for him. I have a couple bad shoulders and deal with the pain daily. So I hope he can get em fixed by a good doctor so he doesn't have life long pain.
Clutchy
3/16/2015 6:48pm
Long road ahead on rehab, but a good choice for down the road.
dl117
Fantasy
2577th
3/17/2015 9:28am
Had same surgury, takes awhile but he will be fine, best of luck to Jimmy and his team the rest of the year.
KMC440
3/17/2015 9:37am
Well that sucks ass .... get the fix done fast cuz it ain't the same without Top Jimmy out there ! ! !
Xracerdone
3/17/2015 9:44am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2015 9:44am
He's past just labrum work. Frequent dislocations means bone loss which means Laterjet surgery. I am 4 months out of laterjet & just starting resistance training. Also had rotator, peck tendon & few other things. They removed my labrum cause there was nothing left to work with. Happy healing Jimmy!
Brent
3/17/2015 7:55pm
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, labrum surgery is no fun. Gotta do lots of rehab after, and get the flexibility and strength back. Looking forward to seeing Jimmy back at...
Yeah, labrum surgery is no fun. Gotta do lots of rehab after, and get the flexibility and strength back. Looking forward to seeing Jimmy back at 100 percent.
Yup. I had a SLAP tear, 9 months from surgery to even being able to ride. I have a feeling he is done until next year.

Good thing is, Jimmy will be able to spend more time with his lovely wife this year.
wildbill
3/17/2015 10:18pm
Wish him well in his endeavor to comfortably heal.
gharmon
3/17/2015 11:23pm
That's a shitty medical procedure. They'll do one shoulder at a time and it's something like 8 weeks per more than likely. Blake Wharton style. Sucks...
That's a shitty medical procedure. They'll do one shoulder at a time and it's something like 8 weeks per more than likely. Blake Wharton style. Sucks, but you can't keep that guy down.
I'm an ortho nurse and almost all of the shoulders we do leave you off normal work duties for a lot more than 8 week. Hell our shoulder Dr requires that they sleep in a recliner for 10 weeks. They wont be riding in 8 weeks that's for sure. Depending on the severity of the repair it can be 6 months or longer before resuming normal activites.
gharmon
3/17/2015 11:27pm
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, labrum surgery is no fun. Gotta do lots of rehab after, and get the flexibility and strength back. Looking forward to seeing Jimmy back at...
Shoulders are by far the most painful surgery for our patients. The usually on stay over night for cuff repairs, and two nights if it's a total shoulder replacement. We give these patients lots of pain meds in addition to them being on the PCA pump. I hope I never mess up a shoulder!!
S.Loyer
3/18/2015 5:46am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2015 5:49am
Top Jimmy is such a waste of money. He's like the 450 Davalos ( a 250 rider who can win and lead laps along within finish top 10). Why do people keep putting money into him? Fucking waist. For a guy who can barely make Mains and rides around 15th-20th.

Oh sorry, is it okay to bash a top 250 rider and his salary (His livelihood) and not a 450 rider like Jimmy? (But because Davalos makes a Salary and Jimmy doesn't but should! Davalos is a waist (Matthes?)) Please explain. How is Davalos not worth more than Jimmy?

You guys are such hypocrites it blows mind.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
3/18/2015 5:49am
S.Loyer wrote:
Top Jimmy is such a waste of money. He's like the 450 Davalos ( a 250 rider who can win and lead laps along within finish...
Top Jimmy is such a waste of money. He's like the 450 Davalos ( a 250 rider who can win and lead laps along within finish top 10). Why do people keep putting money into him? Fucking waist. For a guy who can barely make Mains and rides around 15th-20th.

Oh sorry, is it okay to bash a top 250 rider and his salary (His livelihood) and not a 450 rider like Jimmy? (But because Davalos makes a Salary and Jimmy doesn't but should! Davalos is a waist (Matthes?)) Please explain. How is Davalos not worth more than Jimmy?

If people would read Guyb's rules it's not ok to bash any rider, but people still do.
S.Loyer
3/18/2015 6:02am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2015 6:06am
SM = Dick
MD = Good making a living, your story is inspiring to many. You are worth every penny.
hvaughn88
3/18/2015 6:07am
What the hell is going on at this place? I swear, it's like every other thread includes an emotional breakdown
huck
3/18/2015 6:14am
S.Loyer wrote:
Top Jimmy is such a waste of money. He's like the 450 Davalos ( a 250 rider who can win and lead laps along within finish...

Sometimes sponsors are happy "wasting" their money sponsoring a guy...even though they know he won't win. And that's good, because imagine how few riders there would be if sponsors only gave support to the 3 or 4 guys that have won a race.

Guys like Jimmy, Brett Cut and Nick Wey know how to market themselves. They interact with their fans. They are likable and have a following of fans that enjoy their interviews and watching them ride.

I always find it funny when people try to tell sponsors where they should and shouldn't spend THEIR money.

And what does Davalos' midsection have to do with anything? Is his 'waist' getting to big to fit in his race pants?
3/18/2015 6:48am
huck wrote:
Sometimes sponsors are happy "wasting" their money sponsoring a guy...even though they know he won't win. And that's good, because imagine how few riders there would...
Sometimes sponsors are happy "wasting" their money sponsoring a guy...even though they know he won't win. And that's good, because imagine how few riders there would be if sponsors only gave support to the 3 or 4 guys that have won a race.

Guys like Jimmy, Brett Cut and Nick Wey know how to market themselves. They interact with their fans. They are likable and have a following of fans that enjoy their interviews and watching them ride.

I always find it funny when people try to tell sponsors where they should and shouldn't spend THEIR money.

And what does Davalos' midsection have to do with anything? Is his 'waist' getting to big to fit in his race pants?
Nailed it. Jimmy is a personality in the sport and gets much more exposure than riders of equal talent because of it. I imagine if Jimmy does youtube videos showing his surgery and progress back to race shape, it'll be done with his sponsor's help and will be very successful. Here's hoping everything works out for him and he's able to race next SX season.
gt80rider
3/18/2015 7:18am
S.Loyer wrote:

Congrats, you've just won the cunt of the day award! Now, knock the sand out and quit being such a cakeboy.
IWreckALot
3/18/2015 7:43am
hvaughn88 wrote:
What the hell is going on at this place? I swear, it's like every other thread includes an emotional breakdown
I like seeing a good meltdown but this is a bit weak.

I didn't see any mention of Davalos in this thread nor did I see anyone making claims about Jimmy's capabilities. Just some wishes to heal up and get back. Oh well.

Get well soon Ronnie Mac!!!

Is this the same issue and process Adam C is going through?
hvaughn88
3/18/2015 7:50am
hvaughn88 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I like seeing a good meltdown but this is a bit weak. I didn't see any mention of Davalos in this thread nor did I see...
I like seeing a good meltdown but this is a bit weak.

I didn't see any mention of Davalos in this thread nor did I see anyone making claims about Jimmy's capabilities. Just some wishes to heal up and get back. Oh well.

Get well soon Ronnie Mac!!!

Is this the same issue and process Adam C is going through?
Ya, it definitely came out of left field. I'm not sure if it's the same one Adam is having or not, but it appears that they are both having similar shoulder issues, so very well could be.
holeshot100
3/18/2015 9:09am
S.Loyer wrote:

Who made you a marketing genius?
Should every racer from 11th to 40th quit?
Only 6 racers can probably win a SX...should the rest of the guys quit?
Can every sponsoring company spend afford to spend $500k to a $1.5k to be a title sponsor?
Let's face it... from 7th place back it is about exposure.
So who is the better "value" from 7th on back for what you want to spend as a sponsor, even though they are worthless because they can't win.
Nick Wey is a winner in my mind, and of course Top Jimmy
dirtnapper
3/18/2015 4:33pm
S.Loyer wrote:

Well, that escalated quickly......
3/18/2015 6:34pm
Wont fix it permanently. Have you seen this guy? Might as well pop a skeletons shoulder back in because skin doesnt hold anything together.

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
3/18/2015 9:41pm
S.Loyer wrote:
SM = Dick
MD = Good making a living, your story is inspiring to many. You are worth every penny.
Why are you such a prick? Does your woman sleep with other men? Does your kids kick your ass? Is your finger bigger then your dick? Do you even ride a bike or have you ever? I just don't understand why you would post something so shitty, you must be a true low life piece of shit that i would love to go to jail over beating you down. FUCK YOU
zehn
3/18/2015 11:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2015 11:24pm
Lol, so much aggro in this thread...

That sucks for Jimmy, both my brother and mom have had labrum surgeries (brother has had two), and it's definitely a gnarly recovery.

Does this mean Canard picks up Ronnie Mac duty? Or does the Macster take a hiatus, only to return faster and more goony than ever?

Post a reply to: Top Jimmy....

The Latest