Tony Alessi Team Manager?

machine
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:53am
Wow, I guess DV saw the writing on the wall. So much for Mike growing up and cutting the cord.

From Racer X

"Tony Alessi as team manager for MotoConcepts Racing. Could it really be true? Could the dream team really be coming together after all this time? After years of trying to make it happen Tony finally has control of a team that includes both his kids. Stay tuned, folks, this rig could be drama filled next year."
|
adamdf
11/12/2011 7:05am
Wow this is gonna be interesting, good for them.
Klutch
11/12/2011 7:12am
Smart move by Motoconcepts. The three of them together will get a lot of press.

The Shop

RaceFace
11/12/2011 7:14am
Now THIS would be worthy of a reality show.
Hut
11/12/2011 7:15am
I just know this is gonna go well. Dry
scooter5002
11/12/2011 7:19am
Guess we will see how Mike Genova and Tony get along. Perhaps Mike G. feels that it is the best decision for the Alessi's to be together. Time will tell. Probably be best if Tony is given complete control to run the team, if he's given ideas and plans that conflict with his, it will make the job tougher. Give him carte blanche control, and, sink or swim, we'll see where it winds up. If it goes south, you know who to blame. Would be nice to see Mike A return to the form and results he had in 09. He was on it that year.
machine
11/12/2011 7:32am
RaceFace wrote:
good point, bike looks pretty good

d.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
11/12/2011 7:35am
Don't believe 95% of what you hear about Tony. He's not nearly as stupid as most seem to thinkl and said that what you see on Inside the Outdoors is about 5% of total tape. I don't know if Tony can manage a team because the bikes and riders are such a small part of it, but I know he is smart enough to put people in place that know their job.
Rudeboy119
11/12/2011 7:39am
this can only end 1 way. Please google the definition of insanity
RaceFace
11/12/2011 7:42am
UpTiTe wrote:
Don't believe 95% of what you hear about Tony. He's not nearly as stupid as most seem to thinkl and said that what you see on...
Don't believe 95% of what you hear about Tony. He's not nearly as stupid as most seem to thinkl and said that what you see on Inside the Outdoors is about 5% of total tape. I don't know if Tony can manage a team because the bikes and riders are such a small part of it, but I know he is smart enough to put people in place that know their job.
I don't recall anyone ever accusing him of being stupid, more like just outrageous, unpredictable, illogical?

Imagine if in September, with DV in place at MotoConcepts and on Yamahas, that someone said that by November Mike would be racing for MotoConcepts on Suzukis and Tony would be team manager? They'd be labelled insane. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.
mxtinter
11/12/2011 8:15am
Tony is GREAT! I'm pulling for them.
Mike is GREAT! I'm pulling for them.
kongols
11/12/2011 8:56am
Tony is GREAT! I'm pulling for them.
mxtinter wrote:
Mike is GREAT! I'm pulling for them.
Mike? Ah yes , Mike. He`s also on that team.TongueCool
sharkey
11/12/2011 9:10am
i dont think that is good for the other riders on the team necessarily. hopefully not true
Grendel
11/12/2011 9:51am
Very exciting news. Tony and his family are pure moto and I can't wait to see what this incarnation of the team brings.
exsarg
11/12/2011 9:56am
make or break year for mikey. sorry jeff but your time has come and gone. you will never be a top teir guy. not hatin just sayin. i would give both of my nuts to be a top twenty guy. enjoy. not a huge fan but im pullin for mike. hes got heart.
Harry_Gray
11/12/2011 10:06am
I'll say this (for better or for worse); this is either going to go very well or very bad for the Alessi's. If they're successful, their stock will go through the roof, if it goes bad, they'll never step foot in a race team's 18 wheeler again, any of them. It's all or nothing for them this year; they'll either get their foothold in the sport permanently or be ran out of it after 2012. Just my opinion...
MCR Boss
11/12/2011 11:16am
MCR Boss

Allow me to take this opportunity to set you guys straight on what the program and setup is at MotoConcpts this year.

Tony Alessi is managing Mike in terms of his training, bike setup and daily routine much like a personal manager.

There is nobody that knows what Mike wants and needs to make him comfortable and confident more than Tony. Much like Chad, Mike is choosing to run his own program and not be confined to the inflexible structures of factory teams. The difference of Mikes program to Chads is, Mike has the luxury of team MotoConcepts infrastructure, qualified support staff, financial support and much much more. Not to say Chad didn't put all that together in an excellent way but it's a lot of work,effort and cost that Mike is not having to deal with. By the way, get used to this kind of structure, cuz it's the way of the future with top riders.

Those of you who think Mike and Tony should be apart, you really don't know. Those two are one, and Mike relies on Tony very much, and he should, nobody knows what Mike needs better. Oh by the way, good or bad it's his dad.

As far as Tony being the team manager and calling the shots, that's not the case. With the support of my staff in Cali and Wash. I run the team and call the shots, no one else.

Tony focuses on what and how Mike needs and we focus on Jeff, Jake and Tommy needs, and the operation of the team.

Here is a tip, Jeff is great rider and is physically in better shape than in years and is very capable of doing well on the track. He's
a good tester and can push his brother daily when practicing, not to mention how he can help on race day.
scooter5002
11/12/2011 11:23am
Thanks for checking in, Mike, and giving us the scoop. I hope it works for you. Its great that you have the involvement that you do in the sport. Please don't take my post earlier as an insult, it was just an opinion. Hope this works out a LOT better than your "mid-season" deal.
Outsider
11/12/2011 11:30am
MCR Boss wrote:
MCR Boss Allow me to take this opportunity to set you guys straight on what the program and setup is at MotoConcpts this year. Tony Alessi...
MCR Boss

Allow me to take this opportunity to set you guys straight on what the program and setup is at MotoConcpts this year.

Tony Alessi is managing Mike in terms of his training, bike setup and daily routine much like a personal manager.

There is nobody that knows what Mike wants and needs to make him comfortable and confident more than Tony. Much like Chad, Mike is choosing to run his own program and not be confined to the inflexible structures of factory teams. The difference of Mikes program to Chads is, Mike has the luxury of team MotoConcepts infrastructure, qualified support staff, financial support and much much more. Not to say Chad didn't put all that together in an excellent way but it's a lot of work,effort and cost that Mike is not having to deal with. By the way, get used to this kind of structure, cuz it's the way of the future with top riders.

Those of you who think Mike and Tony should be apart, you really don't know. Those two are one, and Mike relies on Tony very much, and he should, nobody knows what Mike needs better. Oh by the way, good or bad it's his dad.

As far as Tony being the team manager and calling the shots, that's not the case. With the support of my staff in Cali and Wash. I run the team and call the shots, no one else.

Tony focuses on what and how Mike needs and we focus on Jeff, Jake and Tommy needs, and the operation of the team.

Here is a tip, Jeff is great rider and is physically in better shape than in years and is very capable of doing well on the track. He's
a good tester and can push his brother daily when practicing, not to mention how he can help on race day.
I hope Jeff kicks ass.
Flatliner
11/12/2011 11:31am
RaceFace wrote:
They really should be pitching this to a network.

Reality of speed was awesome, this would be even better.
downandup
11/12/2011 11:46am
I just hope that Jake and Tommy don't get overlooked under the MOTO-CIRCUS tent.
Hut
11/12/2011 11:58am
I just typed out a long post and had some funny stuff but then remembered "half as much, twice as good", Go Seal Team!
jsanger211
11/12/2011 12:09pm
I dont see this going well unfortunetly. Either way its going to be hilarious to watch. and like said earlier, any press is good press right. I wonder if he is going to be cutting off Dungey and throwing him the bird still? (Like the MEC)
sharkey
11/12/2011 12:30pm
MCR Boss wrote:
MCR Boss Allow me to take this opportunity to set you guys straight on what the program and setup is at MotoConcpts this year. Tony Alessi...
MCR Boss

that sounds great thanks for posting
Spuds
11/12/2011 12:59pm
MCR Boss wrote:
MCR Boss

Sounds great MCR Boss... BUT...

What about Mike wanting to go to JGR without Tony and live in NC with his wife to ride the YZF450 that he loved when he tried it? But you and Tony wouldn't let him do whatever he really wanted to do so you could keep him at MotoConcepts and Tony could keep his "dream" going.

Can we get you to clear up this subject that everyone is avoiding?

Post a reply to: Tony Alessi Team Manager?

The Latest