Tony A goes to Reed for advice?

Rabbit
7/6/2010 2:41pm
jasonv43 wrote:
I'm gonna guess that it had something to do with image management and how to make MA more appealing to the masses and not such a...
I'm gonna guess that it had something to do with image management and how to make MA more appealing to the masses and not such a sore subject all the time.

This is something that the greats: RC, JS, CR have all had to go through in their careers.

But then again, what do I know? Absolutely nothing, that's why it's a guess.
GrapeApe wrote:
All the Alessi's care about is winning; they couldn't care less about appealing to the masses. The more people dog pile on them the hungrier they...
All the Alessi's care about is winning; they couldn't care less about appealing to the masses. The more people dog pile on them the hungrier they get for a championship, to the point it may be counter-productive. If Mikey ever won a championship the "I told you so" posts from AAA, track guy, and Rocket Launcher would be epic.

I think they should ask Windham for advice. Afterall, Mikey showed KW how to double through whoops at the Honda test track so KW owes him one.
I believe it was at washougal actually
Nope on both counts. It was Red Bud.
3D
7/6/2010 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2010 2:49pm
GrapeApe wrote:
All the Alessi's care about is winning; they couldn't care less about appealing to the masses. The more people dog pile on them the hungrier they...
All the Alessi's care about is winning; they couldn't care less about appealing to the masses. The more people dog pile on them the hungrier they get for a championship, to the point it may be counter-productive. If Mikey ever won a championship the "I told you so" posts from AAA, track guy, and Rocket Launcher would be epic.

I think they should ask Windham for advice. Afterall, Mikey showed KW how to double through whoops at the Honda test track so KW owes him one.
Rabbit wrote:
I think everyone is wrong. It was Red Bud, but MA told him to blitz the whoops rather than rhythm through.

I told all those guys to single through, but they didn't listen. Wait, is blitzing the same as singling? They do hit the tops of all of them.
JB 19
7/6/2010 2:55pm
I think his problem is just plain lack of speed. He hasn't had his holeshots lately which comes from lack of confidence ( in my opinion) and does not have the speed to move into the top 3 from a 10 place start.

He looks slower to me than he was last year. Whether the competetion got better, or its the bike, or him I don't know......but he looked faster last year.
Gym Briggs
7/6/2010 2:56pm
Mike alessi needs to have fun. He is one of the probably most unliked riders in the pits amongst the other riders. You see pourcel, reed, and villopoto they all do things together. That's a big part I think. Do things like stand up jet skiing with a bunch of buddies. Not only great cross training but also good to get out there with other people. Follow all those guys on twitter and they are all buddies. Doing things and giving each other props! That's my 2 cents. I think it would help him tremendously!!

The Shop

Gym Briggs
7/6/2010 2:57pm
Riding with riders at your level or higher will only push you to be better!
DownSouth
7/6/2010 2:59pm
G-man wrote:
I have one question. Why didn't they call BobbyM? And where the hell is he? ok that's two questions....lol Bobby--come in, over..... I know you're watching...
I have one question.

Why didn't they call BobbyM?

And where the hell is he?

ok that's two questions....lol

Bobby--come in, over.....

I know you're watching lmfao!!!!!
Bobby M posted on mototalk about a conversation he had with an insider.
Outsider
7/6/2010 3:26pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Reedy should just tell him to take 2 seasons off from the Outdoors and he will be fine. It worked well for him. Or get back...
Reedy should just tell him to take 2 seasons off from the Outdoors and he will be fine.
It worked well for him.

Or get back on a 450.
"Get a life dude"
KAWboy14
7/6/2010 3:37pm
3D wrote:
For Reed, it's a pretty easy answer. "Hey Tony, Get the fuck out of Mike's racing career and let the team take care of him. They...
For Reed, it's a pretty easy answer.
"Hey Tony, Get the fuck out of Mike's racing career and let the team take care of him. They know better than you. Then, as a Father, you can sit back and watch him win."
danman wrote:
DING, we have a winner!!!!
tru dat!
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
7/6/2010 3:40pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Reedy should just tell him to take 2 seasons off from the Outdoors and he will be fine. It worked well for him. Or get back...
Reedy should just tell him to take 2 seasons off from the Outdoors and he will be fine.
It worked well for him.

Or get back on a 450.
Outsider wrote:
"Get a life dude"
You need to work on your material.
drummer dude
7/6/2010 3:45pm
3D wrote:
For Reed, it's a pretty easy answer. "Hey Tony, Get the fuck out of Mike's racing career and let the team take care of him. They...
For Reed, it's a pretty easy answer.
"Hey Tony, Get the fuck out of Mike's racing career and let the team take care of him. They know better than you. Then, as a Father, you can sit back and watch him win."
straight up!!!!!!
FlaNard
7/6/2010 4:59pm
EmDub425 wrote:
says Matthes. "I know that Tony Alessi pulled Reed in for a meeting on Friday to get his thoughts on how to get out of this...
says Matthes.

"I know that Tony Alessi pulled Reed in for a meeting on Friday to get his thoughts on how to get out of this slump and I was asked my opinion on a few things as well, Team Alessi is really trying hard to figure this thing out."

READY.................................. GO!
Good if true.
Zycki11
7/6/2010 5:27pm
I don't know who trains Mike but guessing they have their own "program". I find it hard to believe that he's not training enough so maybe...
I don't know who trains Mike but guessing they have their own "program". I find it hard to believe that he's not training enough so maybe it's just the opposite he's burned out, overtrained. From watching the Inside the Outdoors shows it's a strong possibility. One show Mike is saying he felt sick and Tony's response was something like "You want to be soft or do you want to be hard?" Training while you're sick is worse than not training at all. The body needs time to recover.
I have said in other MA800 posts that I believe his results this year indicate the possibility of overtraining. It is something that his team should...
I have said in other MA800 posts that I believe his results this year indicate the possibility of overtraining.

It is something that his team should look into.

A rest could also remind him of why he rides a bike.....it is meant to be fun isn't it?!!
Alessi doesnt look to be over training. He looks sharp on the bike and is driving forward. It seems obvious his bike setup is below par along with a lack of power that he was very good at managing. Red Bud for example, he simply could not jump ML leap. He did it i believe five times i saw from the whoop side grass. Hope he figures it out, and i hope he keeps his mouth shut. That attitude is the worst part about him.
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
7/6/2010 5:31pm
jasonv43 wrote:
I'm gonna guess that it had something to do with image management and how to make MA more appealing to the masses and not such a...
I'm gonna guess that it had something to do with image management and how to make MA more appealing to the masses and not such a sore subject all the time.

This is something that the greats: RC, JS, CR have all had to go through in their careers.

But then again, what do I know? Absolutely nothing, that's why it's a guess.
GrapeApe wrote:

I believe it was millville at mikey's debut actually
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
7/6/2010 5:36pm
Rabbit wrote:
3D wrote:
I think everyone is wrong. It was Red Bud, but MA told him to blitz the whoops rather than rhythm through. I told all those guys...
I think everyone is wrong. It was Red Bud, but MA told him to blitz the whoops rather than rhythm through.

I told all those guys to single through, but they didn't listen. Wait, is blitzing the same as singling? They do hit the tops of all of them.
Didn't read the 2nd page. The way I remembered it was at Millville for press day or something like that, something that the main honda riders were there for, they were going through the whoops and Mikey told Kevin blitzing might be faster, but you can save energy by doubling through them the whole race. I'm not 100% on the track but those details have been stuck in my brain since it happened.
DownSouth
7/6/2010 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2010 5:46pm
davis224 wrote:
I believe it was millville at mikey's debut actually
It was actually at a Honda brochure photo shoot at Red Bud where Windham was schooled on how to go fast through the whoops. Mike said it wasn't possible to blitz the whoops for an entire moto you would get too tired.

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000016188/features/monday-kickstart/
SIMX
7/6/2010 7:55pm
DownSouth wrote:
It was actually at a Honda brochure photo shoot at Red Bud where Windham was schooled on how to go fast through the whoops. Mike said...
It was actually at a Honda brochure photo shoot at Red Bud where Windham was schooled on how to go fast through the whoops. Mike said it wasn't possible to blitz the whoops for an entire moto you would get too tired.

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000016188/features/monday-kickstart/
I say this is the correct story!
nc_mx_kid
7/7/2010 7:31am
why not?

Just like in sales, If you don't ask for the sale, you'll NEVER get one....

Post a reply to: Tony A goes to Reed for advice?

The Latest