Tony A goes to Reed for advice?

EmDub425
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:53pm
says Matthes.

"I know that Tony Alessi pulled Reed in for a meeting on Friday to get his thoughts on how to get out of this slump and I was asked my opinion on a few things as well, Team Alessi is really trying hard to figure this thing out."

READY.................................. GO!
|
sdfog1
7/6/2010 11:34am
That's a great sign. I hope it's true.
7/6/2010 11:47am
I like Alessi and hope he gets his moto life on track. It's a hard thing to do and they only have a few years to, "Get it right" at this level....Also, Most of us haven't any clue on how to get our own shit together, yet give advice to other families on how to live their lives! Alessis are good people doing it the way they think is best.

Americans - we're boring, ironic, intolerant people. If we were just more tolerant and not so susceptible to the herd mentality, we'd be much better. We can't think.....no one here can think for themselves anymore...Everything's just one big fucking extension of Facebook these days: "You look HOT, Babe!"

Fuck that.

Chris_ONeal
7/6/2010 11:51am
Yeah like Reed cares at all that Alessi is having another melt down! hahahha
jndmx
7/6/2010 11:52am
* wrote:
I like Alessi and hope he gets his moto life on track. It's a hard thing to do and they only have a few years to...
I like Alessi and hope he gets his moto life on track. It's a hard thing to do and they only have a few years to, "Get it right" at this level....Also, Most of us haven't any clue on how to get our own shit together, yet give advice to other families on how to live their lives! Alessis are good people doing it the way they think is best.

Americans - we're boring, ironic, intolerant people. If we were just more tolerant and not so susceptible to the herd mentality, we'd be much better. We can't think.....no one here can think for themselves anymore...Everything's just one big fucking extension of Facebook these days: "You look HOT, Babe!"

Fuck that.

You don't see the inherent irony of posting your "extension of Facebook" rant here on an internet chat board?

The Shop

7/6/2010 11:55am
jndmx wrote:
You don't see the inherent irony of posting your "extension of Facebook" rant here on an internet chat board?
No.

Please take the time to explain it.
bobby397
7/6/2010 11:58am
about time!!! if they had done that when he was on lites bikes, i wonder if his career would have been different? prob so.............
chrisbuehler
7/6/2010 12:21pm
I don't know who trains Mike but guessing they have their own "program". I find it hard to believe that he's not training enough so maybe it's just the opposite he's burned out, overtrained. From watching the Inside the Outdoors shows it's a strong possibility. One show Mike is saying he felt sick and Tony's response was something like "You want to be soft or do you want to be hard?" Training while you're sick is worse than not training at all. The body needs time to recover.
3D
7/6/2010 12:58pm
For Reed, it's a pretty easy answer.
"Hey Tony, Get the fuck out of Mike's racing career and let the team take care of him. They know better than you. Then, as a Father, you can sit back and watch him win."
danman
7/6/2010 1:01pm
3D wrote:
For Reed, it's a pretty easy answer. "Hey Tony, Get the fuck out of Mike's racing career and let the team take care of him. They...
For Reed, it's a pretty easy answer.
"Hey Tony, Get the fuck out of Mike's racing career and let the team take care of him. They know better than you. Then, as a Father, you can sit back and watch him win."
DING, we have a winner!!!!
7/6/2010 1:03pm
bobby397 wrote:
about time!!! if they had done that when he was on lites bikes, i wonder if his career would have been different? prob so.............
What the fuck do you know?
Outsider
7/6/2010 1:10pm
Rudeboy119 wrote:
8 pages minimum
They should have gotten some advice from James... WhistlingLaughing

ando
7/6/2010 1:16pm
To be a fly on the wall during that discussion. I wonder if Reed was as brutally honest as he's been recently in other interviews?

On a serious note, there are some aspects of these two guys that are poles apart. One guy has parents that didn't want him to race dirtbikes as a kid, he did anyway, packed up his life with his girlfriend at age 18, left his family behind and moved to the other side of the world to follow his dream, and has ended up winning just about everything there is to win in world MX/SX. The other guy has been groomed from the start to be a motocross champion, won everything as an amateur, yet has faltered in the professional ranks with many observers believing his parental guidance has been his Achilles heel.
Racer92
7/6/2010 1:19pm
Ive read this entire thread and I havent broke a sweat ! Hell my keyboard is totally dry !
7/6/2010 1:23pm
ando wrote:
To be a fly on the wall during that discussion. I wonder if Reed was as brutally honest as he's been recently in other interviews? On...
To be a fly on the wall during that discussion. I wonder if Reed was as brutally honest as he's been recently in other interviews?

On a serious note, there are some aspects of these two guys that are poles apart. One guy has parents that didn't want him to race dirtbikes as a kid, he did anyway, packed up his life with his girlfriend at age 18, left his family behind and moved to the other side of the world to follow his dream, and has ended up winning just about everything there is to win in world MX/SX. The other guy has been groomed from the start to be a motocross champion, won everything as an amateur, yet has faltered in the professional ranks with many observers believing his parental guidance has been his Achilles heel.
Good post.

Huge contrasts in the paths each of those two took to get where they are right now - Reed fucked off to the GPs at 17 and has been on his own for the last 13 years or so and then Alessi who has had his Dad in his corner for ever step along the way here in the U.S.

Of course which story have we been more likely to romanticize the most in the U.S.?
Outsider
7/6/2010 1:26pm
* wrote:
Good post. Huge contrasts in the paths each of those two took to get where they are right now - Reed fucked off to the GPs...
Good post.

Huge contrasts in the paths each of those two took to get where they are right now - Reed fucked off to the GPs at 17 and has been on his own for the last 13 years or so and then Alessi who has had his Dad in his corner for ever step along the way here in the U.S.

Of course which story have we been more likely to romanticize the most in the U.S.?
Reed's story is far more inspiring and closer to my own... minus the championships, money, fame... other than that, frighteningly similar!
bobby397
7/6/2010 1:26pm
bobby397 wrote:
* wrote:
What the fuck do you know?
i know that he has been nothing better than 2nd since turning pro.... anymore questions smart ass?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/6/2010 1:28pm
Reedy should just tell him to take 2 seasons off from the Outdoors and he will be fine.
It worked well for him.

Or get back on a 450.
7/6/2010 1:32pm
Outsider wrote:
Reed's story is far more inspiring and closer to my own... minus the championships, money, fame... other than that, frighteningly similar!
Outsider,

Whose story does that sound like - A million other kids that grew up here, that's whose!

The old "Prodigal Son" makes good!

I don't give a shit if Mike has had a Dad help him along the way or if Reed has "Daddy Issues". Makes no difference.

jasonv43
7/6/2010 1:37pm
I'm gonna guess that it had something to do with image management and how to make MA more appealing to the masses and not such a sore subject all the time.

This is something that the greats: RC, JS, CR have all had to go through in their careers.

But then again, what do I know? Absolutely nothing, that's why it's a guess.
7/6/2010 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2010 1:43pm
I don't know who trains Mike but guessing they have their own "program". I find it hard to believe that he's not training enough so maybe...
I don't know who trains Mike but guessing they have their own "program". I find it hard to believe that he's not training enough so maybe it's just the opposite he's burned out, overtrained. From watching the Inside the Outdoors shows it's a strong possibility. One show Mike is saying he felt sick and Tony's response was something like "You want to be soft or do you want to be hard?" Training while you're sick is worse than not training at all. The body needs time to recover.
I have said in other MA800 posts that I believe his results this year indicate the possibility of overtraining.

It is something that his team should look into.

A rest could also remind him of why he rides a bike.....it is meant to be fun isn't it?!!
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
7/6/2010 1:43pm
jasonv43 wrote:
I'm gonna guess that it had something to do with image management and how to make MA more appealing to the masses and not such a...
I'm gonna guess that it had something to do with image management and how to make MA more appealing to the masses and not such a sore subject all the time.

This is something that the greats: RC, JS, CR have all had to go through in their careers.

All the Alessi's care about is winning; they couldn't care less about appealing to the masses. The more people dog pile on them the hungrier they get for a championship, to the point it may be counter-productive. If Mikey ever won a championship the "I told you so" posts from AAA, track guy, and Rocket Launcher would be epic.

I think they should ask Windham for advice. Afterall, Mikey showed KW how to double through whoops at the Honda test track so KW owes him one.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/6/2010 1:44pm
jasonv43 wrote:
I'm gonna guess that it had something to do with image management and how to make MA more appealing to the masses and not such a...

GrapeApe wrote:
All the Alessi's care about is winning; they couldn't care less about appealing to the masses. The more people dog pile on them the hungrier they...
All the Alessi's care about is winning; they couldn't care less about appealing to the masses. The more people dog pile on them the hungrier they get for a championship, to the point it may be counter-productive. If Mikey ever won a championship the "I told you so" posts from AAA, track guy, and Rocket Launcher would be epic.

I think they should ask Windham for advice. Afterall, Mikey showed KW how to double through whoops at the Honda test track so KW owes him one.
I believe it was at washougal actually
7/6/2010 1:45pm
I have said in other MA800 posts that I believe his results this year indicate the possibility of overtraining. It is something that his team should...
I have said in other MA800 posts that I believe his results this year indicate the possibility of overtraining.

A rest could also remind him of why he rides a bike.....it is meant to be fun isn't it?!!
fasteddie69,

Can I quote you on that?
bobby397
7/6/2010 1:46pm
I have said in other MA800 posts that I believe his results this year indicate the possibility of overtraining. It is something that his team should...

* wrote:
fasteddie69,

Can I quote you on that?
carefull eddie, he may start watching you also......
jasonv43
7/6/2010 1:46pm
jasonv43 wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:
All the Alessi's care about is winning; they couldn't care less about appealing to the masses. The more people dog pile on them the hungrier they...

Key words are EVER and CHAMPIONSHIP.
7/6/2010 1:47pm

* wrote:
fasteddie69,

Can I quote you on that?
sure. why not.

I would be interested to see MA800's training program. I would imagine that there isn't much room for recovery.
7/6/2010 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2010 1:48pm
EmDub425 wrote:
says Matthes. "I know that Tony Alessi pulled Reed in for a meeting on Friday to get his thoughts on how to get out of this...
says Matthes.

"I know that Tony Alessi pulled Reed in for a meeting on Friday to get his thoughts on how to get out of this slump and I was asked my opinion on a few things as well, Team Alessi is really trying hard to figure this thing out."

READY.................................. GO!
My ears are burning. Does that count?
G-man
7/6/2010 2:13pm
I have one question.

Why didn't they call BobbyM?

And where the hell is he?

ok that's two questions....lol

Bobby--come in, over.....

I know you're watching lmfao!!!!!

Post a reply to: Tony A goes to Reed for advice?

The Latest