Tonkov racing MX2 on Kawi in Australia 2017

Danster
Since he hasn't been training he's better off racing in Australia in the MX2 class for 2017...?
Nothing against Australia, but the talent in the MX2 class is weak in 17 since three top riders
are leaving the class. I think he's better off racing the Canadian Motocross series in 17
with better talent to get himself in better racing shape to either race in the US in 18 or GP's.
I would really like to see him race Supercross/Motocross in SX2/MX2 for
RockStar Energy Husqvarna in 2018.

|
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
12/8/2016 3:03pm
Danster wrote:
Since he hasn't been training he's better off racing in Australia in the MX2 class for 2017...? Nothing against Australia, but the talent in the MX2...
Since he hasn't been training he's better off racing in Australia in the MX2 class for 2017...?
Nothing against Australia, but the talent in the MX2 class is weak in 17 since three top riders
are leaving the class. I think he's better off racing the Canadian Motocross series in 17
with better talent to get himself in better racing shape to either race in the US in 18 or GP's.
I would really like to see him race Supercross/Motocross in SX2/MX2 for
RockStar Energy Husqvarna in 2018.

Interesting. I wouldn't think Canadian MX2 would be that much different to Aussie MX2. Both series have a couple of quick guys and then a fleet of privateers rounding up the rear.

Someone of his capacity if they're not racing the GP's or the US nats then they should be in MX1 to get some actual competition.

The Shop

Tim271
Fantasy
4471st
12/8/2016 3:05pm
Most likely would be mx1 I don't think Kawasaki was planning on fielding a mx2 rider this year could change but
12/8/2016 3:08pm
Tim271 wrote:
Most likely would be mx1 I don't think Kawasaki was planning on fielding a mx2 rider this year could change but
MX2 in Australia is going to be a little sad next year I think. Not a lot of support from the factory teams
12/8/2016 3:08pm
He'll defect full time for sure after he's sampled the lifestyle. What is his SX like?
zehn
12/8/2016 7:12pm
Wait I don't get it, last time I heard Russia was gonna keep him in the homeland for a couple years, did I miss something?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
12/8/2016 7:17pm
zehn wrote:
Wait I don't get it, last time I heard Russia was gonna keep him in the homeland for a couple years, did I miss something?
He can leave Russia but he can't enter Europe
zehn
12/8/2016 7:21pm
zehn wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Ah ok thanks
Gukamonster
12/8/2016 7:30pm
Yeah he explained how it was basically incompetent European Union bureaucrats that screwed everything up:
http://www.mxlarge.com/2016/11/01/aleksandr-tonkov-interview/

MXLarge: Aleksandr, can you explain to me what is happening with your passport issues?

Tonkov: The situation is not a good situation, but I still have a ride if I can come back to Europe, so that is good. It is still unknown if I can come back, but the problem is becoming more clear, and it was just a human mistake. It wasn’t my fault, I didn’t do anything bad, I didn’t kill anyone, or anything like that. Some people are saying doping, or other things, but it is none of that. It was just one wrong stamp in my passport. They thought it was a fake document, but it is an original Russian passport, and somebody put the wrong stamp in my passport. That is why they sent me back to Russia. How soon it will be, it is difficult, because we go to court and it changes, but in less than a month it will be clearer. We will find a way, I believe that we will find a way and we have good people around me helping me with this. The only problem is I have to go MXGP and I won’t have much time for training, but that isn’t that big a problem.

As with most Russian related topics ("Russian hackers", so called "Fake Russian News" the truth gets distorted. Before that interview there were "experts" in Russian immigration law all over this site, followed by the "what a crappy country" type comments.
Sully22
12/8/2016 8:42pm
Yeah he explained how it was basically incompetent European Union bureaucrats that screwed everything up: http://www.mxlarge.com/2016/11/01/aleksandr-tonkov-interview/ [b]MXLarge: Aleksandr, can you explain to me what is happening...
Yeah he explained how it was basically incompetent European Union bureaucrats that screwed everything up:
http://www.mxlarge.com/2016/11/01/aleksandr-tonkov-interview/

MXLarge: Aleksandr, can you explain to me what is happening with your passport issues?

Tonkov: The situation is not a good situation, but I still have a ride if I can come back to Europe, so that is good. It is still unknown if I can come back, but the problem is becoming more clear, and it was just a human mistake. It wasn’t my fault, I didn’t do anything bad, I didn’t kill anyone, or anything like that. Some people are saying doping, or other things, but it is none of that. It was just one wrong stamp in my passport. They thought it was a fake document, but it is an original Russian passport, and somebody put the wrong stamp in my passport. That is why they sent me back to Russia. How soon it will be, it is difficult, because we go to court and it changes, but in less than a month it will be clearer. We will find a way, I believe that we will find a way and we have good people around me helping me with this. The only problem is I have to go MXGP and I won’t have much time for training, but that isn’t that big a problem.

As with most Russian related topics ("Russian hackers", so called "Fake Russian News" the truth gets distorted. Before that interview there were "experts" in Russian immigration law all over this site, followed by the "what a crappy country" type comments.
Couldn't agree more. All I can say is I'm happy he's going to get to ride somewhere, the guy has skills for days on a scooter...would love for him to come ride in the states, but that ain't gonna happen. You want to see what years and years of anti Russian propaganda looks like...look no further than the vitards in the threads below. My God humanity is doomed. Even when the interview with Tonkov was posted in a thread and he said it was an error by someone in Europe stamping his passport with the wrong date, and had NOTHING to do with his home country of Russia, people still kept posting nonsense.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Tonkov,1307912

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Alexandr-Tonkov,1308257

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Aleksandr-Tonkov-Looks-li…
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
12/8/2016 8:52pm
Stamp errors aren't really uncommon. Incorrect dates can be extrapolated fairly easy. There has to be more to this.
Sully22
12/8/2016 9:13pm
kzizok wrote:
Stamp errors aren't really uncommon. Incorrect dates can be extrapolated fairly easy. There has to be more to this.
That could very well be true. But what we do know is...Russia is not preventing him from leaving the country, Russia is not holding him hostage for 2 years, or 3 years, or however long people were saying because he didn't comply with Russian law, and Russia doesn't mandate citizens spend xxx number of days at home or they will hunt you down around the world. People were making it sound like the Russian KGB/police/SVR or whatever govt agency hunted Tonkov down in another country and dragged him back to Russia because he didn't spend x amount of days back home, or didn't pay taxes, or any of the other garbage said about Russia and Russian laws being the reason for all this.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
12/8/2016 10:25pm
kzizok wrote:
Sully22 wrote:
That could very well be true. But what we do know is...Russia is not preventing him from leaving the country, Russia is not holding him hostage...
That could very well be true. But what we do know is...Russia is not preventing him from leaving the country, Russia is not holding him hostage for 2 years, or 3 years, or however long people were saying because he didn't comply with Russian law, and Russia doesn't mandate citizens spend xxx number of days at home or they will hunt you down around the world. People were making it sound like the Russian KGB/police/SVR or whatever govt agency hunted Tonkov down in another country and dragged him back to Russia because he didn't spend x amount of days back home, or didn't pay taxes, or any of the other garbage said about Russia and Russian laws being the reason for all this.
Yeah, I have no clue about Russian policies. The stamp deal alone, just doesn't smell right to me.
TMV
12/9/2016 12:13am
Not sure this video he posted a few weeks ago on his instagram will make you laugh dear american fellows.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKbIOG0BYZc/?taken-by=aleksandrtonkov&hl=fr

Plus whatever he says, true or not, do you really think a guy wearing a " Putin is my hero" shirt will say anything negative about Russia? Russia hates Europe (and hates everything you are and represent too BTW) of course he will blame anything or anyone over Russia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/8GvPDkopIn/?taken-by=aleksandrtonkov&hl=fr

A lot of others athletes in different sports said it was complicated as a russian to work in other countries, it's no secret.

doosan
12/9/2016 9:55am
Heard that he had someone else stamp his passport, so thats the main reason for the issue
kkawboy14
12/9/2016 10:13am
zehn wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Isn't that crazy? Europe will let anyone else in but people like that kid?
tek14
12/9/2016 10:17am
zehn wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Isn't that crazy? Europe will let anyone else in but people like that kid?
Yeah if he comes without papers.. our EU countries will give him house and money every month.. how crazy that sht is..
Helder
3/28/2017 1:05am
Tim271 wrote:
MX2 in Australia is going to be a little sad next year I think. Not a lot of support from the factory teams
It's MX1
3/28/2017 3:11am
tek14 wrote:
Yeah if he comes without papers.. our EU countries will give him house and money every month.. how crazy that sht is..
He's the wrong color/religion to receive any of the freebies lol.
3/28/2017 3:41am
TMV wrote:
Not sure this video he posted a few weeks ago on his instagram will make you laugh dear american fellows. https://www.instagram.com/p/BKbIOG0BYZc/?taken-by=aleksandrtonkov&hl=fr Plus whatever he says, true...
Not sure this video he posted a few weeks ago on his instagram will make you laugh dear american fellows.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKbIOG0BYZc/?taken-by=aleksandrtonkov&hl=fr

Plus whatever he says, true or not, do you really think a guy wearing a " Putin is my hero" shirt will say anything negative about Russia? Russia hates Europe (and hates everything you are and represent too BTW) of course he will blame anything or anyone over Russia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/8GvPDkopIn/?taken-by=aleksandrtonkov&hl=fr

A lot of others athletes in different sports said it was complicated as a russian to work in other countries, it's no secret.

But it would be tight if Villo was wearing a Reagan Bush 84 shirt, right?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/28/2017 4:40am
tek14 wrote:
He's the wrong color/religion to receive any of the freebies lol.
He could just say he's from Syria but lost his passport. Only has to learn the Syrian anthem.
Nobody told him yet?

Post a reply to: Tonkov racing MX2 on Kawi in Australia 2017

The Latest