Tomacs fitness

gonemoto
Edited Date/Time 3/15/2016 4:13am
I've never thought a Tomac would have a fitness problem but Eli looks to be lacking a little something in that area. After his heat, he looked a little taxed and about lap 10 he lost a bit. Still getting up to speed? Shoulders bothering him? Mono? Nothing? That Kawi sucked in the whoops for sure though.
|
neysbo
3/12/2016 6:51pm
gonemoto wrote:
I've never thought a Tomac would have a fitness problem but Eli looks to be lacking a little something in that area. After his heat, he...
I've never thought a Tomac would have a fitness problem but Eli looks to be lacking a little something in that area. After his heat, he looked a little taxed and about lap 10 he lost a bit. Still getting up to speed? Shoulders bothering him? Mono? Nothing? That Kawi sucked in the whoops for sure though.
I think it is more the bike , he has no confidence in it. They keep changing suspension and are just chasing their tails.

His fitness was fine at Daytona and Daytona was more like a outdoor track.
Mm471
3/12/2016 6:55pm
Track looked like it was a bit too much impact for reconstructed shoulders
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/12/2016 6:55pm
Actually I used to think it was due to his massive shoulder injuries. Whoever had an injury half as bad in that area knows how hard it is to come back in motocross
But... after his win at Daytona which is probably the most exhausting and longest race, not sure whats the problem

The Shop

gonemoto
3/12/2016 7:02pm
Daytona this year pretty much sucked. Definitely not the super rough, really taxing, fitness orientated track we're used to seeing. Even after his heat in Daytona, he was breathing pretty hard. I'm not saying it is a fitness problem, I don't know shit. But, something is wrong
3/12/2016 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2016 7:02pm
He doesn't steer with the rear and he needs to get off Dungeys tailpipe.
Trav138
3/12/2016 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2016 7:03pm
He got clipped a little in that Bogle pile up, didn't look like much but something may have happened to him or the bike, who knows.
Something is def off with Eli, sure seemed like he got tight or tired. I just hope they get it figured before mx. He's fun to watch when he has it going on
KC435
3/12/2016 7:02pm
Well....whatever confidence he had after Daytona probably went to crap now..... Nice win by Roczen.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
3/12/2016 7:03pm
Daytona was one lined
kongols
3/12/2016 7:05pm
I don`t think it`s fitness. Could be bent front brake rotor or no front brake at all.
Let`s hope it`s not his shoulders.
brimx153
3/12/2016 7:06pm
if he had fitness last wk he had it this wk . bike looked terrible .everywhere
3/12/2016 7:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2016 7:08pm
gonemoto wrote:
I've never thought a Tomac would have a fitness problem but Eli looks to be lacking a little something in that area. After his heat, he...
Listen to Tomac's dad talk about his preparation this year. New bike. Prep time. He did not really get on the bike till Nov 1...and was not riding SX till mid Nov. He missed 2 weeks in December due to an injury. Basically, his pre-season was worse than Stews... Things are not really that bad considering.

I did not buy into this idea that ET was suddenly going to start clicking off wins. Dayton is a different animal. The Kawi is not dialed for Eli in "regular" SX yet.
3/12/2016 7:08pm
gonemoto wrote:
After winning Daytona over Dungey I don't think you can blame his fitness. From all of the flats in the 250s, you guys think maybe he had a flat? Or maybe something got caught in his wheel? He made contact with Bogel on the first lap crash.
BobPA
3/12/2016 7:10pm
gonemoto wrote:
After winning Daytona over Dungey I don't think you can blame his fitness. From all of the flats in the 250s, you guys think maybe he...
After winning Daytona over Dungey I don't think you can blame his fitness. From all of the flats in the 250s, you guys think maybe he had a flat? Or maybe something got caught in his wheel? He made contact with Bogel on the first lap crash.
Looked like he just dropped anchor to me
3/12/2016 7:10pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Actually I used to think it was due to his massive shoulder injuries. Whoever had an injury half as bad in that area knows how hard...
Actually I used to think it was due to his massive shoulder injuries. Whoever had an injury half as bad in that area knows how hard it is to come back in motocross
But... after his win at Daytona which is probably the most exhausting and longest race, not sure whats the problem
The problem is Daytona in not a normal SX. The way the bike works it totally different.
3/12/2016 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2016 7:13pm
BobPA wrote:
Looked like he just dropped anchor to me
Looked to me like he was riding at the absolute edge just to run the fast guys pace, and after he realized he could not keep pace, he adopted a pace that would not put him on the dirt. Whoops were terrible. Kenny blew by him like he was a scrub. Flat corners were a problem as well.
NeedMoto
3/12/2016 7:13pm
gonemoto wrote:
neysbo wrote:
I think it is more the bike , he has no confidence in it. They keep changing suspension and are just chasing their tails. His fitness...
I think it is more the bike , he has no confidence in it. They keep changing suspension and are just chasing their tails.

His fitness was fine at Daytona and Daytona was more like a outdoor track.
I'll agree with this^^^

He's just not comfortable, or jelling with the bike. Hopefully he will get it figured out. To this day, I believe he was putting the Honda in places, that other riders couldn't. He just flat out jelled with it.
kiwifan
3/12/2016 7:14pm
gonemoto wrote:
hang on last week, everyone was saying (including me) that he is at 100%...one race tonight doesnt mean he is not 100% ....there are other factors you know
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/12/2016 7:15pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Actually I used to think it was due to his massive shoulder injuries. Whoever had an injury half as bad in that area knows how hard...
The problem is Daytona in not a normal SX. The way the bike works it totally different.
Sure but the fitness has to be there still
Maybe it wasn't the toughest Daytona this year but he got pushed by Dungey all 20 laps and beat him
3/12/2016 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2016 7:16pm
NeedMoto wrote:
I'll agree with this^^^ He's just not comfortable, or jelling with the bike. Hopefully he will get it figured out. To this day, I believe he...
I'll agree with this^^^

He's just not comfortable, or jelling with the bike. Hopefully he will get it figured out. To this day, I believe he was putting the Honda in places, that other riders couldn't. He just flat out jelled with it.
Yeah but there was a season and a half where the bike was hit or miss for him. The start of his last season Honda put a lot of resources into the effort, and by mid season they had turned a corner. Problem was Eli was already gone, and had signed with Kawi. If Honda had gotten things dialed for him a year earlier...he would still be on a Honda.
51xc
3/12/2016 8:36pm
why don't we wait for a statement first before we start the 'tomac doesn't steer with the rear wheel' bashing BlinkGrinning
kiwifan
3/12/2016 8:52pm
51xc wrote:
why don't we wait for a statement first before we start the 'tomac doesn't steer with the rear wheel' bashing BlinkGrinning
lol you know how is is on vital, facts are ignored
Flatliner
3/12/2016 9:04pm
NeedMoto wrote:
I'll agree with this^^^ He's just not comfortable, or jelling with the bike. Hopefully he will get it figured out. To this day, I believe he...
I'll agree with this^^^

I don't know about that, he won a few races, but had more than a few last year when he didn't look all that great either.

51xc
3/12/2016 9:09pm
the interview with john is great. really gives you an idea. bottom line they are still not 100% with body and bike. fair enough, i mean he sits 4th in points only 5 points shy of 3rd and he still has a shot at 2nd in points although that needs a bad finish by roczen I'd think. all in all not to bad for what he went through.
3/12/2016 9:16pm
whoever thinks tomac has fitness issues is living on the moon. and if you think he won Daytona cause the track sucked you know nothing about moto. this is what happens when you switch brands.. it takes time to configure the motorcycle to where the bike is not wearing you out. there is a difference. hes fighting his bike right now. if you cant see that pay a little more attention and stop jumping to conclusions.
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
3/12/2016 9:42pm
His bike looked like garbage in the corners.. only bike that looked worse was Reed's.
struth
3/12/2016 9:46pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Look like struggling in whoops...still think his shoulders r the issue
3/12/2016 10:06pm
struth wrote:
Same issue Vicki was having in the whoops.
struth
3/12/2016 10:35pm
struth wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
Same issue Vicki was having in the whoops.
Hahaha

Post a reply to: Tomacs fitness

The Latest