Tomac went full Beast Mode....

Jammer1
Edited Date/Time 5/17/2015 8:15pm
When Eli is dialed in like he was yesterday, no one and I mean no one can touch him.

He's actually going that fast and in control, where RV, GP riders, others, etc. would have to ride over their head to even try and keep up.

Dungey is just really smart. He wasn't completely dialed in or even close and just back it down and rode like a champion that he is. He could have been dialed in and it still would not have mattered though, not yesterday.

When Eli feels comfortable, NO ONE on this planet can run with him. Period!

I've been watching this kid in person since he was on Supermini! He has simply has another gear. He was consistently running laps 5 seconds faster than others best.
|
Cygnus
5/17/2015 5:58pm
Him and hangtown just gel. Dude won his first pro race ever there.
500guy
5/17/2015 6:01pm
Dam I'm glad this was pointed out here, I thought He barely won yesterday.
chope573
5/17/2015 6:07pm
Dude is on it! What impressed me with ET was during the last MXDN. Dude fell and passed over half the field back. That can't be all set up and track? He's got talent and hope he keeps healthy. Haven't seen this seperation of lap times since RC & JS...

The Shop

5/17/2015 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2015 6:37pm
100% dialed in and smooth. I've never watched a rider pull away like that (aside from RC). Now the question for the following races aren't if is fast enough- it's if he can be consistent enough.
ET3 is a dominating force on the track for sure.
5/17/2015 6:40pm
“Not to sound cocky, but I think Tomac is as good as he’s going to get, and we still have a lot of room to improve.”

Read that on RacerX, did Dungey say that on the podium? Eli killed it, but I don't expect that every weekend. Hangtown is his favorite track, he even had the logo on his jersey so I'm hoping for sake of entertainment that he's just really, really, really good at that track and Dungey wasn't pushing it..
motomike137
5/17/2015 6:53pm
“Not to sound cocky, but I think Tomac is as good as he’s going to get, and we still have a lot of room to improve.”...
“Not to sound cocky, but I think Tomac is as good as he’s going to get, and we still have a lot of room to improve.”

Read that on RacerX, did Dungey say that on the podium? Eli killed it, but I don't expect that every weekend. Hangtown is his favorite track, he even had the logo on his jersey so I'm hoping for sake of entertainment that he's just really, really, really good at that track and Dungey wasn't pushing it..
I don't think that is exactly what Ryan said. It was more like he said that Tomac and his bike were dialed in and that he wasn't and they can improve a lot.
Jammer1
5/17/2015 7:01pm
Exactly Motomke137!

When Tomac is feeling that good, only crashing can stop him from winning by 30 seconds minimum!
Old-Man
5/17/2015 7:07pm
"He has simply has another gear."
I'm thinking I is drunk
jj welks
5/17/2015 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2015 7:08pm
Eli won his first ever pro race at hangtown in like 2009-2010 right? Dude kills it though I bet all these Guys are all happy stuporcross is over for the year.
rohleder644
5/17/2015 7:11pm
I mean, dude was on fire no doubt. But it sounds like we just cemented his place in the history books as the fastest dude to swing a leg over a motor bike. maybe we let a few more races play out
davistld01
5/17/2015 7:33pm
Ok...Eli killed it.

Hangtown is like A1...it doesn't prove a thing.
jeffro503
5/17/2015 7:47pm
I read some comments last night that actually were laughable , and they tried to down play on exactly what happened.

What happened yesterday is rare , extremely rare! Has it happened before , yes. In fact RC lapped the entire field at a mud race. But on dry dirt , something that all these guys are used to riding on , and making it a level playing field?

Winning by 1:30min is something that has only happened a couple times ever in this sport. When a rider whoops on everyone with a 5 - 7sec a lap speed difference , something amazing is happening. That was about 40sec's from lapping RD himself. Lapping up to eighth and everything that lead up to that , was nothing but amazing.

The other 39 guys trained their ass'es off for round one. ( most anyways ) And that just goes to show how damn fast Eli can be when he's " feeling it ". When that happens , there is nobody on planet earth that will run that pace , nobody! It wasn't just RD that was off the pace of Eli , the entire field was so far off it was ridiculous.

I will say though , RD will come back stronger and faster from here on out. He'll figure out how to close that gap , he always does.
jeffro503
5/17/2015 7:49pm
davistld01 wrote:
Ok...Eli killed it.

Hangtown is like A1...it doesn't prove a thing.
It proved that on that day , he would of destroyed anyone who would of shown up. I don't care who it was.
chope573
5/17/2015 8:15pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I read some comments last night that actually were laughable , and they tried to down play on exactly what happened. What happened yesterday is rare...
I read some comments last night that actually were laughable , and they tried to down play on exactly what happened.

What happened yesterday is rare , extremely rare! Has it happened before , yes. In fact RC lapped the entire field at a mud race. But on dry dirt , something that all these guys are used to riding on , and making it a level playing field?

Winning by 1:30min is something that has only happened a couple times ever in this sport. When a rider whoops on everyone with a 5 - 7sec a lap speed difference , something amazing is happening. That was about 40sec's from lapping RD himself. Lapping up to eighth and everything that lead up to that , was nothing but amazing.

The other 39 guys trained their ass'es off for round one. ( most anyways ) And that just goes to show how damn fast Eli can be when he's " feeling it ". When that happens , there is nobody on planet earth that will run that pace , nobody! It wasn't just RD that was off the pace of Eli , the entire field was so far off it was ridiculous.

I will say though , RD will come back stronger and faster from here on out. He'll figure out how to close that gap , he always does.
Nailed it.... but when an icon of our sport such as 22 gets lapped it makes you shake your head in awe.

Post a reply to: Tomac went full Beast Mode....

The Latest