Tomac - pre Semi interview

RedRum666
Edited Date/Time 2/22/2016 6:21pm
I know these guys are all working their tails off and what not, but did anyone notice how tired Eli looked visually ?

He looked to have some pretty good bags under his eyes....my lady pointed it out..." that dude looks tired "...i had to agree.....he looked emotionally drained.....
|
agn5009
2/22/2016 8:17am
He's an extremely hard working, determined guy who has great people surrounding him. He's fine, probably just tired. It happens believe it or not.
RedRum666
2/22/2016 8:21am
agn5009 wrote:
He's an extremely hard working, determined guy who has great people surrounding him. He's fine, probably just tired. It happens believe it or not.
indeed he is, but so is Dungey and most the other guys.... that is why i started out my post with a positive....but compared to the other guys.....he just looked exhausted, like when you see someone at work and think " damn, late night dude"... .... if he feels that way (if)..than i am guessing it affects his riding too...perhaps its just a visual
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
2/22/2016 9:16am
RedRum666 wrote:
I know these guys are all working their tails off and what not, but did anyone notice how tired Eli looked visually ? He looked to...
I know these guys are all working their tails off and what not, but did anyone notice how tired Eli looked visually ?

He looked to have some pretty good bags under his eyes....my lady pointed it out..." that dude looks tired "...i had to agree.....he looked emotionally drained.....
His interviews seem different lately. Before this season, he has this happy face or smirk like you could tell he knew he could be the fastest but just had to put a race together to be up front, but now he doesn't exhibit that same implied confidence. In my opinion anyway...
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
2/22/2016 9:40am
It looked to me like he just didn't feel like talking about how he lost the front end again in the Heat race. Probably trying to regroup, get his game face on, and be left alone for a bit. He wasn't exactly in an interview area. Just chillin by the fence clearing his head..

The Shop

RedRum666
2/22/2016 9:55am
In Phoenix I was watching him interact with some kids after they closed the pits...one kid asked the " can i have your goggles " questions and Eli just shook his head and said " no ".... kind of came off rude...then some other kid asked for a signature...the kid didnt have a pen, so Eli kind of stood there looking at the kid....then he slowly walked over to a tool box and found a pen....Either Eli knew these kids and was just messing with him, or he was kind of being a dick.....That kind of bummed me out because I want to see Eli win...dude just doesnt seem very happy
IWreckALot
2/22/2016 10:26am
RedRum666 wrote:
In Phoenix I was watching him interact with some kids after they closed the pits...one kid asked the " can i have your goggles " questions...
In Phoenix I was watching him interact with some kids after they closed the pits...one kid asked the " can i have your goggles " questions and Eli just shook his head and said " no ".... kind of came off rude...then some other kid asked for a signature...the kid didnt have a pen, so Eli kind of stood there looking at the kid....then he slowly walked over to a tool box and found a pen....Either Eli knew these kids and was just messing with him, or he was kind of being a dick.....That kind of bummed me out because I want to see Eli win...dude just doesnt seem very happy
I can't recall where else I saw this, but it seemed like if things were going good at kawi, the team was all cool with the rider. But when the w's weren't there, kawi crew would make life miserable on the rider. Maybe teamgreen can chime in and confirm or deny.
2/22/2016 10:49am
Conjecture here, but could there be additional pressure in being "the Man" on a team?

You leave a situation that's working well to be the lone star somewhere else and well, sometimes it is not all it is hyped up to be....?

Remember, surgery aside, last time he was racing these guys, he was beating them by over a minute. Regardless of SX/MX, weak shoulders, new bike, etc., it cannot be easy on one's confidence.
Krazyk2774
2/22/2016 11:06am
RedRum666 wrote:
In Phoenix I was watching him interact with some kids after they closed the pits...one kid asked the " can i have your goggles " questions...
IWreckALot wrote:
I can't recall where else I saw this, but it seemed like if things were going good at kawi, the team was all cool with the...
I can't recall where else I saw this, but it seemed like if things were going good at kawi, the team was all cool with the rider. But when the w's weren't there, kawi crew would make life miserable on the rider. Maybe teamgreen can chime in and confirm or deny.
I was wondering that also, I know that's there's tons of pressure to win for these top guys, but I would think that that Kawasaki should be pretty happy with how he is doing. He was gone for a long time and it's not easy to come back from serious injury and be full speed right from the get go!
kiwifan
2/22/2016 11:18am
Perhaps he is training hard to get those shoulders up to strength, clearly he isnt 100%

But I have faith he will be right come outdoors time.
davistld01
2/22/2016 12:18pm
agn5009 wrote:
Compare how he looked to the other hard working, determined guys who have great people surrounding them, like RD5, Musquin, Roczen, Craig or Anderson. At the end of the heat or main, those dudes look like they just finished a parade lap! I too noticed how out of breath and tired Eli looked. I think that he's putting a ton of pressure on himself, and is probably not too happy with the finishes "they've" been getting. Signing a multi-million-dollar contract and going six races without being on the podium will do that...
Jrewing
2/22/2016 12:36pm
Epstein Barr virus. Haha got it from a source I can't name
2/22/2016 12:38pm
Dude did look tired as he was leaning on the fence.....drawn in the face too, but then I for one know how hard it is to come back from a single shoulder destruction......let alone two......I'm sure he will be fine, given time.
agn5009
2/22/2016 1:34pm
agn5009 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Compare how he looked to the other hard working, determined guys who have great people surrounding them, like RD5, Musquin, Roczen, Craig or Anderson. At the...
Compare how he looked to the other hard working, determined guys who have great people surrounding them, like RD5, Musquin, Roczen, Craig or Anderson. At the end of the heat or main, those dudes look like they just finished a parade lap! I too noticed how out of breath and tired Eli looked. I think that he's putting a ton of pressure on himself, and is probably not too happy with the finishes "they've" been getting. Signing a multi-million-dollar contract and going six races without being on the podium will do that...
Watch Anderson after his heat race win. He was breathing very heavily.
davistld01
2/22/2016 1:43pm
agn5009 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Compare how he looked to the other hard working, determined guys who have great people surrounding them, like RD5, Musquin, Roczen, Craig or Anderson. At the...
agn5009 wrote:
Watch Anderson after his heat race win. He was breathing very heavily.
One out of five.
peelout
2/22/2016 1:47pm
Eli needs to start power lifting if he wants to get back up to Dungey and Roczen level
51xc
2/22/2016 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2016 4:13pm
you guys crack me up. how dare them to be out of breath after a 1 practice, 2 Q sessions, 1 heat race, potential 1 semi and lcq race and a full 20 lap race against the best in the world. what a bunch of cry babies ey. give me a break...

mxpro252
2/22/2016 4:28pm
#76 wrote:
Dude did look tired as he was leaning on the fence.....drawn in the face too, but then I for one know how hard it is to...
Dude did look tired as he was leaning on the fence.....drawn in the face too, but then I for one know how hard it is to come back from a single shoulder destruction......let alone two......I'm sure he will be fine, given time.
I was thinking the exact same… a few weeks ago. I know the injuries and changes he went through were huge and not easy to come back from so to see him start off the season around 5th place was totally reasonable. But I’m starting to wonder what’s going on since we’re over a month in and his performance doesn’t really seem to be improving much. I don’t have enough care or spare time to get into details so maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I’m starting to think after last weekend.
staycasted
2/22/2016 4:59pm
peelout wrote:
Eli needs to start power lifting if he wants to get back up to Dungey and Roczen level
Lol, squats also
2/22/2016 6:21pm
Probably wasn't too happy about having to explain why he didn't transfer from the heat. Probably wasn't allowed to decline the opportunity either.

Post a reply to: Tomac - pre Semi interview

The Latest