Tomac nose wheelie...

EastFlorida
Edited Date/Time 4/24/2012 11:41am
...man, those guys were going for it! Did anyone catch a pic of Tomac on the brakes going into the turn? I may have missed it, so forgive me it it's already been posted...
|
peelout
4/23/2012 10:16am
watching it on TV we were all doing the "Holy shit did you see that?!!!"

both of those guys had a sweet nose wheelie coming into that corner, awesome stuff
jndmx
4/23/2012 10:23am
peelout wrote:
watching it on TV we were all doing the "Holy shit did you see that?!!!" both of those guys had a sweet nose wheelie coming into...

both of those guys had a sweet nose wheelie coming into that corner, awesome stuff

Replayed that about 5 times.....
EastFlorida
4/23/2012 10:30am
NICE capture! Thanks... Can you go any faster and brake any harder going into a turn?Woohoo

The Shop

WillyB
4/23/2012 10:31am
bad fucking ass!
4/23/2012 10:47am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2012 10:49am
NICE capture! Thanks... Can you go any faster and brake any harder going into a turn?Woohoo
not be be all arrogant. however, the old style was to stay on the back of the bike under heavy braking until near the apex, braking bumps or not, rather than sitting down everywhere with your leg stuck out.

You have to wonder if it would have been beneficial here. their ass-ends are up in the air because they're both weighting the front end. there's (apparently) too much traction available here to necessitate this.
Grieby54
4/23/2012 10:52am
not be be all arrogant. however, the old style was to stay on the back of the bike under heavy braking until near the apex, braking...
not be be all arrogant. however, the old style was to stay on the back of the bike under heavy braking until near the apex, braking bumps or not, rather than sitting down everywhere with your leg stuck out.

You have to wonder if it would have been beneficial here. their ass-ends are up in the air because they're both weighting the front end. there's (apparently) too much traction available here to necessitate this.
I would think that, with that much front brake, if all the weight was on the back tire they'd wash the front. There's a reason style evolves.
EastFlorida
4/23/2012 10:53am
not be be all arrogant. however, the old style was to stay on the back of the bike under heavy braking until near the apex, braking...

Good point, but back in the day it was because the rear suspension was not as good as today. Those of us familiar with the old "Yamahop" on the eary YZ's know what I'm talking about!Angry You'd been pitched over the bars in the past....
rcb255
4/23/2012 10:54am
Those guys were going for it. Was a great race and had a blast while I was there. Cant wait to be at vegas in a week
4/23/2012 11:49am

I agree with you on this. Or maybe it should have been somewhere between the two extremes. Either way it looked awesome!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/23/2012 11:50am
peelout wrote:
watching it on TV we were all doing the "Holy shit did you see that?!!!" both of those guys had a sweet nose wheelie coming into...

X3
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/23/2012 11:50am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2012 11:53am

gee, thanks mr wizard you going to explain to us next how them motorsickles now have em 4 strokes instead of 2 ?
jasonv43
4/23/2012 11:52am
NoGo wrote:
[img]http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/b2225a9c8d5f11e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg[/img]
Tomac did a better nose wheelie and that is what set the whole thing off.Laughing
Shawn142
4/23/2012 11:58am

Grieby54 wrote:
I would think that, with that much front brake, if all the weight was on the back tire they'd wash the front. There's a reason style...
I would think that, with that much front brake, if all the weight was on the back tire they'd wash the front. There's a reason style evolves.
True, you're looking to get the front end to bite because it's most of your braking power. Standing up and hanging over the rear will just cause brake sliding which is not faster.
hvaughn
4/23/2012 12:03pm

I'm sure those two professional riders are glad you threw that beneficial gem of advice out there for them so they can remember that next time they are battling for a points championship
carlosmacho
4/23/2012 12:06pm
NoGo wrote:
[img]http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/b2225a9c8d5f11e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg[/img]
UNBELIEVABLE !
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/23/2012 12:07pm

Oh and "arrogant" is not the word I thought of when I read your post. Whistling
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/23/2012 12:08pm

hvaughn wrote:
I'm sure those two professional riders are glad you threw that beneficial gem of advice out there for them so they can remember that next time...
I'm sure those two professional riders are glad you threw that beneficial gem of advice out there for them so they can remember that next time they are battling for a points championship
LaughingPinch
Spartacus
4/23/2012 12:09pm
tyler, nice to see someone actually thinking here rather than just following the lemmings.

Those with a grasp of the English language will note tyler was speculating in his second sentence not giving advice.
mdub45
4/23/2012 12:09pm
I saw tomac do that quite a few times that night!! Both those guys are amazing!!
hvaughn
4/23/2012 12:12pm
Spartacus wrote:
tyler, nice to see someone actually thinking here rather than just following the lemmings. Those with a grasp of the English language will note tyler was...
tyler, nice to see someone actually thinking here rather than just following the lemmings.

Those with a grasp of the English language will note tyler was speculating in his second sentence not giving advice.
Maybe what this sport needs is less "speculation" and more appreciation for how awesome this sport is. Speculation is killing the fanbase of sx/mx
Grieby54
4/23/2012 12:14pm
Spartacus wrote:
tyler, nice to see someone actually thinking here rather than just following the lemmings. Those with a grasp of the English language will note tyler was...

He should probably try thinking harder next time.
CR250Rider
4/23/2012 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2012 1:25pm
I didn't see any of the 450 guys doing that
peelout
4/23/2012 2:01pm
CR250Rider wrote:
I didn't see any of the 450 guys doing that
450's can't even be whipped properly, how do you think anyone is ever going to do a stoppie on one?

moran
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
4/23/2012 2:04pm
I speculate that front brakes are a lot stronger these days.
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
4/23/2012 2:05pm
...man, those guys were going for it! Did anyone catch a pic of Tomac on the brakes going into the turn? I may have missed it...
...man, those guys were going for it! Did anyone catch a pic of Tomac on the brakes going into the turn? I may have missed it, so forgive me it it's already been posted...
It was pretty sweet to watch it live! That was awesome
hvaughn
4/23/2012 2:11pm
I speculate that front brakes are a lot stronger these days.
Haha well played my friend, well played
Old Mate
4/23/2012 2:14pm

Grieby54 wrote:
I would think that, with that much front brake, if all the weight was on the back tire they'd wash the front. There's a reason style...
Maybe we need a look at Sipes going into that corner,didnt he smoke these two.
Grieby54
4/23/2012 2:27pm
Old Mate wrote:
Maybe we need a look at Sipes going into that corner,didnt he smoke these two.
Maybe you need to think about the fact that Eli had a bent shifter for most of the race and that's the reason he couldn't catch up. Maybe you need to think about numbers 1 and 2 in the points series are doing the same thing as they're smoking everyone else on the track.

Post a reply to: Tomac nose wheelie...

The Latest