Tomac is good but not this good

rutsmash
Edited Date/Time 7/5/2017 6:00am
Not even the 2015 Tomac could beat 2016 Roczen IMO. Probably one of the best displays of passing ever! Hope he can get back to this level. https://youtu.be/WM5QvU7Ov7Y
|
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
7/3/2017 9:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2017 9:39pm
rutsmash wrote:
Not even the 2015 Tomac could beat 2016 Roczen IMO. Probably one of the best displays of passing ever! Hope he can get back to this...
Not even the 2015 Tomac could beat 2016 Roczen IMO. Probably one of the best displays of passing ever! Hope he can get back to this level. https://youtu.be/WM5QvU7Ov7Y
Certainly quite a display put on by KR. Personally, ET's 2015 performances were the most incredible Ive ever seen, by a long shot. It my be the best dominance, ever.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
7/3/2017 9:37pm
rutsmash wrote:
Not even the 2015 Tomac could beat 2016 Roczen IMO. Probably one of the best displays of passing ever! Hope he can get back to this...
kzizok wrote:
Certainly quite a display put on by KR. Personally, ET's 2015 performances were the most incredible Ive ever seen, by a long shot. It my be...
Certainly quite a display put on by KR. Personally, ET's 2015 performances were the most incredible Ive ever seen, by a long shot. It my be the best dominance, ever.
I agree, I can't remember ever seeing anything like Tomac 2015 until his accident. Certainly incredible rides by Stew and the GOAT. But the speed of Tomac was not like we've ever seen IMO.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
7/3/2017 9:49pm
Eli's second Moto's at Hangtown and Glen Helen in 2015 were amazing. How he was hoping up the rock faces at Glen Helen were so technical. I only saw Reed do it, but not at the speed Eli was riding that day.

Kenny's passing ability is amazing too. That burst that he has in traffic and how he is so precise reminds me of Stewart in his Kawasaki days.
jeffro503
7/3/2017 10:00pm
rutsmash wrote:
kzizok wrote:
Certainly quite a display put on by KR. Personally, ET's 2015 performances were the most incredible Ive ever seen, by a long shot. It my be...
It was incredible to say the least. Not only did Eli have a 1:31 gap on RD , but RD was a good 20 seconds or more ahead of 3rd if I remember right. JT$ even came on here and said " I've never witnessed anyone ride a dirt bike that fast before "......that's saying something.

The Shop

7/3/2017 10:06pm
Damn I forgot how good he was that race, well any race last outdoor season. That was incredible!
7/3/2017 10:15pm
He sure looked good on that old bike, I hope he can return in 2018.

But to compare between the best riders on their best days, you really can't. Roczen was the man that day, just like Baggett was the man at Lakewood, and Eli was the man at Red Bud. They all have their days when things are clicking and their setup/confidence aligns with the stars.
bd
7/3/2017 10:18pm
Tomac's 2015 Hangtown ride was the greatest beat down I've seen. Roczen's 2016 Millville was the greatest two laps I've ever seen. Roczen might be the best passer in the history of the sport.
rpoint116
7/3/2017 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2017 10:20pm
This is why they were both sidelined. Riding way over their heads. Eli has learned and has knocked it down a notch and is still fast, but not crazy fast.

There was no way either of them could continue that pace.
FTB
7/3/2017 10:21pm
Amazing what a stock set of triple clamps can do aye Tongue .
The Krock of 2015 wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the 2016 version.
bd
7/3/2017 10:22pm
Roczen's passes at the 2016 Hangtown were pretty amazing too.
Jrewing
7/3/2017 10:28pm
rpoint116 wrote:
This is why they were both sidelined. Riding way over their heads. Eli has learned and has knocked it down a notch and is still fast...
This is why they were both sidelined. Riding way over their heads. Eli has learned and has knocked it down a notch and is still fast, but not crazy fast.

I agree tomac is riding smarter. No need to crush people. 15 sec gaps are fine to play with.
You can tell he's enjoying his racing currently.
TDeath21
7/3/2017 10:31pm
jeffro503 wrote:
It was incredible to say the least. Not only did Eli have a 1:31 gap on RD , but RD was a good 20 seconds or...
It was incredible to say the least. Not only did Eli have a 1:31 gap on RD , but RD was a good 20 seconds or more ahead of 3rd if I remember right. JT$ even came on here and said " I've never witnessed anyone ride a dirt bike that fast before "......that's saying something.
I think we say that about Tomac in 2015 because he hadn't done it before or since. He also continued to push the lead for the entire moto. Several times with Roczen he'd stretch out a 10-15 second lead then hold it there for the rest of the moto. Carmichael made us numb to his dominance, so no single few races stick out to us like they do for Tomac. It's similar to Tortelli in his 99 Glen Helen ride. Many on here praise that ride as one of the best ever, and it was just a common day from 00-07 for Carmichael.
7/3/2017 10:35pm
All these current guys are great, Dungey and Poto were too. But there will never be another rider on the same level as the GOAT. He went that pace for years and dominated by keeping it on two wheels. It's amazing he didn't take himself out at the speed he was riding, he never backed it down.

Until someone else with multiple championships goes 24-0 twice and laps every rider on the track, there will never ever be anyone in the same universe as the GOAT. I don't think that will EVER happen again. And how many wins does he have, like 150 or something ridiculous? I'm stoked to have witnessed it. That guy is the most amazing athlete who ever lived
BobPA
7/3/2017 10:43pm
All these current guys are great, Dungey and Poto were too. But there will never be another rider on the same level as the GOAT. He...
All these current guys are great, Dungey and Poto were too. But there will never be another rider on the same level as the GOAT. He went that pace for years and dominated by keeping it on two wheels. It's amazing he didn't take himself out at the speed he was riding, he never backed it down.

Until someone else with multiple championships goes 24-0 twice and laps every rider on the track, there will never ever be anyone in the same universe as the GOAT. I don't think that will EVER happen again. And how many wins does he have, like 150 or something ridiculous? I'm stoked to have witnessed it. That guy is the most amazing athlete who ever lived
If you like it, then you should put a ring on it
7/3/2017 10:46pm
All these current guys are great, Dungey and Poto were too. But there will never be another rider on the same level as the GOAT. He...

BobPA wrote:
Like him or not, the numbers don't lie.
Zycki11
7/3/2017 10:54pm

BobPA wrote:
Bro, just because you eye up Anderson like he is some piece of yard meat doesn't mean you can't cock ring it yourself.
kiwifan
7/3/2017 11:14pm

BobPA wrote:
But you are comparing different riders from different eras...tracks are different, training methods are different, bikes are different, depth of fields are different....can we not all agree they are all GOATs?
7/3/2017 11:16pm
BobPA wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
But you are comparing different riders from different eras...tracks are different, training methods are different, bikes are different, depth of fields are different....can we not all...
But you are comparing different riders from different eras...tracks are different, training methods are different, bikes are different, depth of fields are different....can we not all agree they are all GOATs?
Not even close....but if Tomac, Roczen, or anyone else put down the numbers the GOAT did, then yes you can.
Hut
7/3/2017 11:21pm
Only one GOAT! That said Eli 15 was pretty unbelievable for a few motos!
cool_hand
7/3/2017 11:22pm
KROC was on rails, and he was riding a Suzuki.

Rockzen has unreal natural talent and speed, more than Tomac or any other current rider,..but my man is right, the GOAT had it all, he smiled like a baby but he bit like a gator.

Hell, he could eat broken bottles, rusty nails, any damn thing...gool ol' GOAT, never was one like him, never will be again.

BobPA
7/3/2017 11:29pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Bro, just because you eye up Anderson like he is some piece of yard meat doesn't mean you can't cock ring it yourself.
Hog rings are for dirty sailors and ramp tramps. I happen to have a bit more class than that, brah.
7/3/2017 11:37pm
BobPA wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
But you are comparing different riders from different eras...tracks are different, training methods are different, bikes are different, depth of fields are different....can we not all...
Forgot to mention, word on the street is that not too long ago the GOAT (in his pillsbury form) was able to suit up and run similar lap times to Dungey in his prime (for a few laps)....Dungey is/was the new era, so consider that

SCR
7/3/2017 11:55pm
kiwifan wrote:
Not even close....but if Tomac, Roczen, or anyone else put down the numbers the GOAT did, then yes you can.
Agree. There's Carmichael, then there's everyone else that you could debate over for second best. What he did over 10 years still seems impossible.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
7/4/2017 12:17am
rpoint116 wrote:
This is why they were both sidelined. Riding way over their heads. Eli has learned and has knocked it down a notch and is still fast...

Roczen never rode over his head outdoors. Didn't even crash last year.
Tzevtkoff
7/4/2017 12:21am
kiwifan wrote:
SCR wrote:
Agree. There's Carmichael, then there's everyone else that you could debate over for second best. What he did over 10 years still seems impossible.
Best second hum... Everts i think.
Sodipop
7/4/2017 12:39am
rpoint116 wrote:

Derpin' DJ wrote:
Roczen never rode over his head outdoors. Didn't even crash last year.
eli wasn't riding over his head in 2015. He had a lapse in concentration.
cali11
7/4/2017 12:52am
rutsmash wrote:
Are you out of your fucking mind?
7/4/2017 12:58am
rpoint116 wrote:

Well said

Post a reply to: Tomac is good but not this good

The Latest