Tomac in for STL

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 4:15am
PR...

GEICO Honda's Tomac returns for St. Louis Supercross race

ST. LOUIS (March 26) -- GEICO Motorcycle rider Eli Tomac doesn't just want to return to the Monster Energy Supercross Series, he wants to come back with a vengeance.

The 450cc rider will race in Round 13 at Edwards Jones Dome on Saturday, returning after missing the last three events.

"I really do expect to be at the same level where I was before," Tomac said. "It certainly isn't a given but I expect a lot out of myself, and I hope to get some more podiums before the year is out."

Tomac finished second at his most recent Supercross race, in Indianapolis on March 1, before aggravating a shoulder injury in Daytona, Fla., and being forced to sit out three races. But Tomac, the 2013 250cc motocross and 2012 250cc Supercross West Series champion, is ready to go.

"I'm rested and ready for the last five races of the season," Tomac said. "I'm fully recovered, and I honestly feel better now than when I did at the start of the season."

Tomac has three top-10 finishes in five Supercross races this season, his first on a 450 Honda CRF. He is renowned for his physical fitness and work ethic and hopes to display his prowess this weekend.

"I'm 100 percent and ready to go racing," Tomac said. "I put in a lot of hard work to come back, riding as much as I can over these last few weeks. We've done a lot of work on my GEICO Honda, too, and it's right where I want it."
|

The Shop

IWreckALot
3/26/2014 1:05pm
Hopefully the third return is the charm...
No kidding man. I was one of the guys saying that I thought Tomac could be a chamionship contender his rookie season but he blew that idea out of the water 3 turns into his first heat race. . . Still a huge Tomac fan though. The injury bug seems to strike everyone at one point or another. Hopefully he hasn't lost pace. Riding with teammates will give him a good gauge of where he currently is in the field.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
3/26/2014 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2014 9:11pm
He'll need all the help he can get .
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
3/27/2014 4:15am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 4:16am
Hopefully they just dropped the new motor and subframe/body work off a '14 on to an 08 chassis.

His bike looks worlds better than Barcia's function wise, and word is he was running an 08 swing arm. I really hope they get those bikes sorted out for top level pros, I'll always be a Honda guy deep down

Post a reply to: Tomac in for STL

The Latest