Tomac has got in Roczen's head,...

cool_hand
|
Crush
7/12/2016 7:39pm
As good as Eli was at Southwick, and as close as he was at Muddy Creek, I still haven't seen him ride like he was last year, where he was hopping stuff, manualing, using his MTB feet up riding stuff... He's just smashing shit all the time... You can see a bit of it in that video above and obviously last year's stuff... Hope it comes around and he puts it to Ken so it tightens up, Coop is gonna make 250s a snore fest even if he comes from behind every race.
500guy
7/12/2016 7:54pm
Crush wrote:
As good as Eli was at Southwick, and as close as he was at Muddy Creek, I still haven't seen him ride like he was last...
As good as Eli was at Southwick, and as close as he was at Muddy Creek, I still haven't seen him ride like he was last year, where he was hopping stuff, manualing, using his MTB feet up riding stuff... He's just smashing shit all the time... You can see a bit of it in that video above and obviously last year's stuff... Hope it comes around and he puts it to Ken so it tightens up, Coop is gonna make 250s a snore fest even if he comes from behind every race.
Really though how much faster can they go ? Roczen is laying it down this year.

The Shop

steve_97060
7/12/2016 8:06pm
sure he has, it's blatantly obvious that he is mentally weak and is incapable of winning championships..
Flatliner
7/12/2016 8:16pm
Crush wrote:
As good as Eli was at Southwick, and as close as he was at Muddy Creek, I still haven't seen him ride like he was last...
500guy wrote:
This.

In the RC, JS outdoor heyday I full believe it was impossible to go an ounce faster than they we're going, given the level of equipment. Sometimes limits of a machine are reached.
Crush
7/12/2016 8:41pm
Crush wrote:
500guy wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
This. In the RC, JS outdoor heyday I full believe it was impossible to go an ounce faster than they we're going, given the level of...
This.

In the RC, JS outdoor heyday I full believe it was impossible to go an ounce faster than they we're going, given the level of equipment. Sometimes limits of a machine are reached.
Yea not sure how much better i'd expect either to go, but I definitely haven't seen Eli float and hop and pick his way through stuff... His technique has been underated his whole career because people see the aggression, but watch his motos last year and see what he's doing that others weren't... He hasn't looked close to riding like that this year... still fast, but fast a different way for sure.
kiwifan
7/12/2016 8:48pm
Crush wrote:
Yea not sure how much better i'd expect either to go, but I definitely haven't seen Eli float and hop and pick his way through stuff...
Yea not sure how much better i'd expect either to go, but I definitely haven't seen Eli float and hop and pick his way through stuff... His technique has been underated his whole career because people see the aggression, but watch his motos last year and see what he's doing that others weren't... He hasn't looked close to riding like that this year... still fast, but fast a different way for sure.
Agree 100%, good analysis
7/12/2016 9:11pm
Watching that video reminded me of how important it was for Elijah to win last weekend.

In the 250 class, Luke is right, ET3 had Kenneth mentally beat. How many times did Eli hunt Ken down at the end of a moto and drop him??

The 'Wick was crucial for Eli, mentally. Even though I expect that things will be back to business as usual for K-Roc at Millville, it's vitally important that Eli knows that when he's onnnn, he still has Ken covered.

It's a mental game, boyz.
7/12/2016 9:33pm
What Tomac done to Roczen at the Wick is exactly what Roczen has done to Tomac all year, plus more, I think its a little early to say that Roczen is worried just yet.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/12/2016 11:48pm
Yep, Tomac is 47 points down to Kroc, I guess Tomac has him right where he wants him.Pinch
Excaliburbmx
7/13/2016 12:28am
Like both guys and at least we have some battles going on.
Chugger
7/13/2016 12:37am
lostboy819 wrote:
Yep, Tomac is 47 points down to Kroc, I guess Tomac has him right where he wants him.Pinch
Eli likes doing guys from behind? Who knew!

This thread is funny.
Kasims
Fantasy
3949th
7/13/2016 1:06am
,....then Roczen gonna do another 1-1, and you will hear the grasshoppers..
7/13/2016 2:43am
I would say it is just the opposite,Ken is on the way to win his second 450 title and Tomac has nothing til today.Laughing
motomike137
7/13/2016 3:38am
Kasims wrote:
grasshoppers?
motomike137
7/13/2016 3:40am
500guy wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
This. In the RC, JS outdoor heyday I full believe it was impossible to go an ounce faster than they we're going, given the level of...
This.

Crush wrote:
Yea not sure how much better i'd expect either to go, but I definitely haven't seen Eli float and hop and pick his way through stuff...
I think this weekend will be pivotal. Roczen will probably go on to win this years war but Eli can put a serious amount of doubt in Kenny's head if he goes on a tear from here. Now let's have Barcia get involved also and it could get real interesting.
Prntscrn
7/13/2016 4:00am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 4:00am
If Eli would have dropped Ken in the second moto sure maybe, but Ken actually manage to put in a late charge and wasn't far off. Doubt he's that worried..
7/13/2016 4:08am
After Daytona if someone asked me if Eli would get another Supercross win before the season was over I would of put a lot of money (to me) on yes and he didn't. So it will be interesting to see if he's really better or if the track really played into his favor. But at the same time I think Eli is very good at Millville so it might not be an accurate reading.
Kasims
Fantasy
3949th
7/13/2016 4:22am
Kasims wrote:
grasshoppers?
Yes, because there will be silence, some moment for sure.. Wink
jonboy688
7/13/2016 4:36am
Prntscrn wrote:
If Eli would have dropped Ken in the second moto sure maybe, but Ken actually manage to put in a late charge and wasn't far off...
If Eli would have dropped Ken in the second moto sure maybe, but Ken actually manage to put in a late charge and wasn't far off. Doubt he's that worried..
guess you missed the part where eli laid the bike down and got passed, and then passed ken again???
mingham97
7/13/2016 5:14am
I feel like Eli and his team want it the most. And "wanting it" is a very important factor in these last 5 rounds. I'm not saying Tomac is better than Roczen (or vice versa), but MX is just as much a mind game, as it is a skill and physical game.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
7/13/2016 5:20am
Kasims wrote:
grasshoppers?
Kasims wrote:
Lost in the translation i'm sure, but in the US you would say crickets!
7/13/2016 5:35am
Lets just say "what was once looking to be a snoozefest could get very interesting". Roczen's 2nd half meltdown curse is going to be put to the test. Championships are won in July and August, this will put both men to the test.
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
7/13/2016 5:43am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 5:44am
Damn, Roczen lost ONE race, and all of a sudden he has "2nd half meltdown"?! WOW this place...

What are you guys writing next week, if Roczen wins both motos next saturday?
Or what happens if Tomac wins both motos again in the next race, is Roczen then washed up and old, and should retire?
mingham97
7/13/2016 5:50am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2016 5:51am
mxmasta wrote:
Damn, Roczen lost ONE race, and all of a sudden he has "2nd half meltdown"?! WOW this place... What are you guys writing next week, if...
Damn, Roczen lost ONE race, and all of a sudden he has "2nd half meltdown"?! WOW this place...

What are you guys writing next week, if Roczen wins both motos next saturday?
Or what happens if Tomac wins both motos again in the next race, is Roczen then washed up and old, and should retire?
Well I and the rest of the vitards on here knew it was only a matter of time before Tomac got his ass into gear and started performing far better than he has shown in 2016. Winning a race has shown he is nearly at his full potential. Only an idiot would say Roczen is gonna crash and burn in the second half, but what were saying, is it's only going to get harder for him as the series goes on
Kasims
Fantasy
3949th
7/13/2016 6:37am
grasshoppers?
Kasims wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Lost in the translation i'm sure, but in the US you would say crickets!
:D sorry, my mistake.
mauidex
7/13/2016 6:53am
what happens this weekend will tell..............if Eli can go 1-1 then it's game on WinkWink

Post a reply to: Tomac has got in Roczen's head,...

The Latest