Tomac Bandwagon

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
Edited Date/Time 5/20/2015 8:29am
Guys Tomac is a great rider and all but we can't say he's the next GOAT or he's going 24-0 because it's only one race. SX he was very inconsistent and he could do the same outdoors. Let's wait and see what happens
|
OnRails
5/20/2015 6:18am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2015 6:18am
omfg thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! the clarity is perfect for me now!!!!!
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
5/20/2015 6:41am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2015 6:43am
People forget too quickly that it was 1 round. Look at SX, after round 3 or 4 a lot of people thought Roczen had it.

I'm a Tomac fan as well as Dungey, yes Tomac is more fun to watch and hangs it out more, but that could bite him as well. Dungey was 5 seconds off in moto 1 for the first 20 minutes, he settled after that. Moto 2 was more of the same once he saw Tomac had him covered on THAT day and Dungey just let it go early in moto 2. I believe that if Dungey had really tried to click off the laps the whole moto that Tomac's gap over Dungey would have been more around the 30-40 second range, which is still a lot, but its not 1 minute 30.

Right now I still think Dungey has the greater chance at the title seeing as we have 22 more motos to go and has proven to be more consistent over the span of his career compared to Tomac. Lets start talking after round 5 or 6 when we have a really good handle on the first half of the year.

I don't care who wins so long as its not Roczen.
resetjet
5/20/2015 6:45am
for sure he rides different then everyone else, and can throw down a kamikazee at any time, but consistency is his problem and starts.......When the planets are aligned, he is almost unbeatable, but that doesn't happen every day.

I have seen him do stuff that is unbelievable, wheeling through the whoops at daytona, remember mxdn two years ago.

However, I also remember sx three years ago when he crashed like 3 times in one race and looked like a C rider.

If he is able to connect the dots, he will really be something, and I hope so.
RbR
5/20/2015 6:57am
There will be a huge Asterisk next to Eli's win. All his competition was either injured, or riding another series, and Dungey's bike was stuck in turd gear the entire 2nd moto. Huge Asterisk I tell you ... true story.

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
5/20/2015 7:01am
Guys Tomac is a great rider and all but we can't say he's the next GOAT or he's going 24-0 because it's only one race. SX...
Guys Tomac is a great rider and all but we can't say he's the next GOAT or he's going 24-0 because it's only one race. SX he was very inconsistent and he could do the same outdoors. Let's wait and see what happens
Damn, thanks for the insight.
mxer512
5/20/2015 8:10am
resetjet wrote:
for sure he rides different then everyone else, and can throw down a kamikazee at any time, but consistency is his problem and starts.......When the planets...
for sure he rides different then everyone else, and can throw down a kamikazee at any time, but consistency is his problem and starts.......When the planets are aligned, he is almost unbeatable, but that doesn't happen every day.

I have seen him do stuff that is unbelievable, wheeling through the whoops at daytona, remember mxdn two years ago.

However, I also remember sx three years ago when he crashed like 3 times in one race and looked like a C rider.

If he is able to connect the dots, he will really be something, and I hope so.
wasn't that the one where he couldn’t go through the woops at all and ended up just kind of hopping/ doubling through them ...lol... i remember that one he was way off that day. Everybody has their on and off days some just a lot more consistently inconsistent
Grieby54
5/20/2015 8:20am
This totally needed its own thread.
machine
5/20/2015 8:23am
Guys Tomac is a great rider and all but we can't say he's the next GOAT or he's going 24-0 because it's only one race. SX...
Ok...darn it, I'll wait...
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
5/20/2015 8:25am
"He will win the rest of the motos"..........This was all said last year after sweeping Spring Creek and he did not win another moto the rest of the year.

With that being said......he rode pretty well at Prairie City.
Starcrossed
5/20/2015 8:29am
machine wrote:
Ok...darn it, I'll wait...
And while your waiting...keep sucking...GOAT

Post a reply to: Tomac Bandwagon

The Latest