Tomac

level
Edited Date/Time 2/3/2016 2:46pm
Are you guys are little bit surprised with tomacs performance so far? He doesn't look near as aggressive and his style looks different like tighter. Looks like a completely different rider this year. It's kind of odd. I expected him to be coming out and being the man to beat with blazing fast speeds. Maybe he is being patient, smart and consistent to avoid potential injury from riding too hard.

Just kind of surprised how different he looks. Doesn't look comfortable on bike compared to someone like Reed who looks very comfortable.
|
akillerwombat
1/25/2016 4:40pm
New bike, new team, first race in a long as fuck time, and double shoulder surgery.

He'll come around.

Please, we don't need anymore "Tomac is looking different than last year" threads.
struth
1/25/2016 4:40pm
No not surprised .
Never been the best starter.
Cause of his great few races in MX last year ,people automatically thought he would Do the same sx.
level
1/25/2016 4:42pm
New bike, new team, first race in a long as fuck time, and double shoulder surgery. He'll come around. Please, we don't need anymore "Tomac is...
New bike, new team, first race in a long as fuck time, and double shoulder surgery.

He'll come around.

Please, we don't need anymore "Tomac is looking different than last year" threads.
Sorry about that. Didn't see any but didn't do search very far back.
1/25/2016 4:45pm
Thought he would've been at least finished in second by now, but it hasn't happened.

Who knows, it make take him several more rounds to get comfy.

He's got a ton of talent, look forward to seeing him show that speed along with Canard.

At this point though I'd rather see him come to terms with the bike without injury, the rest will come.

He's got some tough boots to fill.

The Shop

1/25/2016 4:55pm
Its the Kawasaki..they tried to make they're bikes handle like Honda's while keeping that Kawasaki stability...That don't work.A bike is either agile or stable Ive never heard of one that's truly agile and truly rock solid stable at the same time..
No...its not the KXF...I'm sure.. .just stirring the pot a little.. He's been out a long time and it is a totally diff bike than the CRF he rode for years..
51xc
1/25/2016 5:08pm
pointswise he is in a better spot than last year at this point.
he had only 6-7 weeks of painfree riding prior to a1. I don't think you can expect anyone to dominate with the kind of preparation he had. he has the speed and fitness to win. he just needs to get those starts and little mistakes figured out.
davistld01
1/25/2016 5:44pm
The season is young. Eli's getting acclimated. He'll be fine.
kiwifan
1/25/2016 6:10pm
Its the Kawasaki..they tried to make they're bikes handle like Honda's while keeping that Kawasaki stability...That don't work.A bike is either agile or stable Ive never...
Its the Kawasaki..they tried to make they're bikes handle like Honda's while keeping that Kawasaki stability...That don't work.A bike is either agile or stable Ive never heard of one that's truly agile and truly rock solid stable at the same time..
No...its not the KXF...I'm sure.. .just stirring the pot a little.. He's been out a long time and it is a totally diff bike than the CRF he rode for years..
I went from a CRF to a KXF, its not the bike, if anything the KXF handles more like a CRF (i.e. feels light and carves corners ok) now but with a touch more stability than the CRF at higher speeds .... then again that's my opinion, ET might have a different one.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
1/25/2016 6:43pm
Double shoulder surgery boys. If you expected him to come out and win races right off the bat you expected way too much.
1/25/2016 7:31pm
Are you aware that he has set fast lap in all 3 Heats he has been in, and 2 of 3 Mains. Fitness base is clearly an issue. He seems to hit a bit of a wall about lap 10-13... There is also the part about nearly ripping both his arms off, having double shoulder surgery, being off the bike for a long time, and then learning a new bike... He was P14 off the line at A2...and sliced through the field up to Reed...then he slowed up for a bout 5 laps...and charged at the end. A few more race and he will be able to run his fast pace the whole race.

BobPA
1/25/2016 7:35pm
Are you aware that he has set fast lap in all 3 Heats he has been in, and 2 of 3 Mains. Fitness base is clearly...
Are you aware that he has set fast lap in all 3 Heats he has been in, and 2 of 3 Mains. Fitness base is clearly an issue. He seems to hit a bit of a wall about lap 10-13... There is also the part about nearly ripping both his arms off, having double shoulder surgery, being off the bike for a long time, and then learning a new bike... He was P14 off the line at A2...and sliced through the field up to Reed...then he slowed up for a bout 5 laps...and charged at the end. A few more race and he will be able to run his fast pace the whole race.

Pourcel also sets the fastest qualifying time every week....
peelout
1/25/2016 7:41pm
Are you aware that he has set fast lap in all 3 Heats he has been in, and 2 of 3 Mains. Fitness base is clearly...

Ripping his arms off? Bro, I'm all about exaggeration but that's just a few clickers too far
TeamGreen
1/25/2016 7:45pm
Let's revisit this in 6 weeks.

Mmmm'Kay?
kkawboy14
1/25/2016 7:47pm
Thought he would've been at least finished in second by now, but it hasn't happened. Who knows, it make take him several more rounds to get...
Thought he would've been at least finished in second by now, but it hasn't happened.

Who knows, it make take him several more rounds to get comfy.

He's got a ton of talent, look forward to seeing him show that speed along with Canard.

At this point though I'd rather see him come to terms with the bike without injury, the rest will come.

He's got some tough boots to fill.
He was going for second......
1/25/2016 7:47pm

BobPA wrote:
Really? You really are going to compare setting fast laps in the race..while coming through traffic...to setting fast laps in practice? Tomac still has Tomac speed...and these comments are going to look foolish in a few races.
BobPA
1/25/2016 7:57pm

BobPA wrote:
Really? You really are going to compare setting fast laps in the race..while coming through traffic...to setting fast laps in practice? Tomac still has Tomac speed...and...
Really? You really are going to compare setting fast laps in the race..while coming through traffic...to setting fast laps in practice? Tomac still has Tomac speed...and these comments are going to look foolish in a few races.
Well if he is the fastest why is he coming through traffic Cool
1/25/2016 8:11pm
Given his circumstances, I think he's doing fine. People may have also forgotten that he hasn't been as good as he was the first few outdoors in SX on a 450
Zracer
1/25/2016 8:51pm
After time off, surgery, a new team and bike, why do you guys expect him to do something he has never done? ET has like 3 SX wins...He is doing about the same as last year. He is doing fine.
Ted722
1/25/2016 9:20pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Mmmm'Kay?
The only thing certain is he won't be 18 points back. It'll be more or less, but he's in a great position to make something happen.
xr70
1/25/2016 9:43pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 9:46pm
Its the Kawasaki..they tried to make they're bikes handle like Honda's while keeping that Kawasaki stability...That don't work.A bike is either agile or stable Ive never...
kiwifan wrote:
I went from a CRF to a KXF, its not the bike, if anything the KXF handles more like a CRF (i.e. feels light and carves...
I went from a CRF to a KXF, its not the bike, if anything the KXF handles more like a CRF (i.e. feels light and carves corners ok) now but with a touch more stability than the CRF at higher speeds .... then again that's my opinion, ET might have a different one.

This is some funny shit . ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I just love this place!
Mit12
1/25/2016 10:37pm
Tomac is in the same place he was last year.
struth
1/25/2016 10:40pm
BobPA wrote:
Really? You really are going to compare setting fast laps in the race..while coming through traffic...to setting fast laps in practice? Tomac still has Tomac speed...and...
BobPA wrote:
Well if he is the fastest why is he coming through traffic Cool
No idea have ya
Flip109
1/26/2016 12:25am
By Daytona he should be on it. Still warming up.
51xc
1/26/2016 3:04am
TeamGreen wrote:

Mmmm'Kay?
Ted722 wrote:
The only thing certain is he won't be 18 points back. It'll be more or less, but he's in a great position to make something happen.
I wouldn't call that a great position if i had to make up 18 points to a guy who finished off the podium once in the last 20 or so races.

the only good news for tomac is that there is only a hand full points to make up to 2nd. 2nd to 6th are quite close in points.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
1/26/2016 4:07am
GD2 wrote:
Double shoulder surgery boys. If you expected him to come out and win races right off the bat you expected way too much.
x2
YZ324
1/26/2016 6:11am
We were bench racing before the start of A1 and Tomac was brought up. We all agreed that he will probably start showing the ole Tomac about round 5. Barring injury or accidents he will be in the point mix at the end of the season. Should be full on beast mode by outdoors!
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
1/26/2016 6:47am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2016 6:48am
Not the best starter, which can be okay, but hard to beat Dungey with the starts he has been getting. Tomac has looked fast, and was going after Reed for 2nd at A2. I fully expected him to get Reed that last lap until he fell. I expect Tomac to get better from here on out, but without starts Dungey wins this title easy.

Gonna come down to Tomac and Roczen trying to beat Dungey, they have both looked fast the last 2 weeks, but without starts they can forget it. IMO Anderson is too inconsistent. Tomac and Roczen might have a hard time with starts, but you can count on them coming up to top 5 or top 3 even with terrible starts.

Post a reply to: Tomac

The Latest