To everyone saying stew should hang it up...

agn5009
5/23/2016 1:54pm
No, legend was the word used. But of the most known, yes I agree. I love Windham I wish he'd come back and help in the booth or out in the field. Hes a cool dude.
uk125250
5/23/2016 1:57pm
MXD wrote:
Muhammad Ali is a legend, should we prop him up in the ring one last time too?
LOL!!
I don't think it's funny to make fun of someone's horribly debilitating illness. You could have picked someone else that's a legend.
agn5009
5/23/2016 1:58pm
MXD wrote:
Muhammad Ali is a legend, should we prop him up in the ring one last time too?
LOL!!
uk125250 wrote:
I don't think it's funny to make fun of someone's horribly debilitating illness. You could have picked someone else that's a legend.
Wahhh

The Shop

TailSoHard
5/23/2016 2:07pm
agn5009 wrote:
Peyton Manning is a legend. He can't play football at the highest level anymore so he hung up the boots. James can't race at the highest...
Peyton Manning is a legend. He can't play football at the highest level anymore so he hung up the boots. James can't race at the highest level anymore. Before anyone starts shit, I never said he wasn't as fast as the best guys, I said he can't race anymore. I can't wait for the "fanboys" to try and prove me wrong. How long has it been, 7 years or so since he was on top?

I really like James and for the last couple years I've really been rooting for him. I respect the hell out of him and I think he's one of the best ever. But the "fan boys" these last couple days have been annoying as hell. Some here are so bad that they call people haters because they feel James needs to quit racing. It's not being a hater, it's having common sense.
Not a fanboy, just a stickler for numbers/data...

He won 5 SX races and an MX race in 2014 and was on the podium 10 times between the two seasons. Finished in the top 10 in 17/25 races he lined up for...

Here's my $.02:

Sure, he's not as fast as he once was, but he's still faster than half the guys on the starting gate. Still a great ambassador to the sport and is still a fantastic marketing/sales tool for the manufacturer. Still worth a lot of money, so it's still worth lining up on the gate every weekend.

Motoxdoc
5/23/2016 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2016 2:08pm
bsharkey wrote:
so true RC CR and JS
Motoxdoc wrote:
Yup!...and the more I think of RC quiting when it appeared the competition was starting to step it up...the more respect I have for CR still...
Yup!...and the more I think of RC quiting when it appeared the competition was starting to step it up...the more respect I have for CR still being out there.
huck wrote:
Do you realize what RC's season was when he 'retired'.... I'm sure he was shaking in his boots about 'the competition stepping it up'....
Oh huck...LOL. Your sarcasm isn't lost, just misplaced. No, I don't think he was "shaking in his boots"; that seems a bit presumptuous. If I'm not mistaking, he won every race that season, right up until he retired. I believe he had accomplished everything he set out to and didn't feel like pushing anymore. CR on the other hand is a different story; he keeps pushing. CR is a story of longevity that puts the length of RC's career to shame. RC is "The Goat" for his finishes....certainly NOT his longevity.
5/23/2016 2:12pm
agn5009 wrote:
No, legend was the word used. But of the most known, yes I agree. I love Windham I wish he'd come back and help in the...
No, legend was the word used. But of the most known, yes I agree. I love Windham I wish he'd come back and help in the booth or out in the field. Hes a cool dude.
Legend slayer, not a legend. He won against all the top guys he raced against but never did it consistently.
huck
5/23/2016 2:13pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Yup!...and the more I think of RC quiting when it appeared the competition was starting to step it up...the more respect I have for CR still...
Yup!...and the more I think of RC quiting when it appeared the competition was starting to step it up...the more respect I have for CR still being out there.
huck wrote:
Do you realize what RC's season was when he 'retired'.... I'm sure he was shaking in his boots about 'the competition stepping it up'....
Motoxdoc wrote:
Oh huck...LOL. Your sarcasm isn't lost, just misplaced. No, I don't think he was "shaking in his boots"; that seems a bit presumptuous. If I'm not...
Oh huck...LOL. Your sarcasm isn't lost, just misplaced. No, I don't think he was "shaking in his boots"; that seems a bit presumptuous. If I'm not mistaking, he won every race that season, right up until he retired. I believe he had accomplished everything he set out to and didn't feel like pushing anymore. CR on the other hand is a different story; he keeps pushing. CR is a story of longevity that puts the length of RC's career to shame. RC is "The Goat" for his finishes....certainly NOT his longevity.
You insinuated that RC retired because he was fearful of the 'competition was starting to step it up'... which seems completely out of left field. If that is not what you meant....then I guess I read it wrong.

Comparing RC and CR and their 'pushing' is a bit of a stretch as well. It seems that RC could have 'pushed' about 60-70% and still got the same results as Chad. Like GuyB says...it's about quality, not quantity. Otherwise, Nick Wey would be considered a legend and put guys like RC, Emig, and Stanton's 'careers to shame'.
jj welks
5/23/2016 2:16pm
logan_140 wrote:
Of this generation of riders yes, not last generation. Stew,Rc,reed,windham
agn5009 wrote:
I get the first 3 but Windham? Really? I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that one. How many titles does he have? How many race...
I get the first 3 but Windham? Really? I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that one. How many titles does he have? How many race wins?

I get that he's always been a fan favorite and an amazing person. A lot of people would have loved to have had his career. But a legend? You can't put him in the same group as guys who have won multiple championships when he hasn't even won one.
logan_140 wrote:
I'm just saying of the most known from last generation of riders...
You said "he is one of the last legends this sport has"
JPT
5/23/2016 2:25pm
I like it when my legends get to walk away when the time comes, not get carried out.
blusmbl
5/23/2016 2:26pm
kzizok wrote:
Arnold Palmer is a legend.

I'm sure he has lots of hobbies, Perry. The man is a drink mogul.
Motoxdoc
5/23/2016 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2016 2:35pm
Oops, I forgot to "quote" you huck. Anyway, this post is for you

Nope, no insinuation in my previous post. Just a comment on "when" he quit, not "why."

How is comparing 2 peoples careers and their desire to continue pushing, "a bit of a stretch"? I'm comparing their careers to highlight the differences. Just because 2 things are drastically different, that doesn't mean you can't compare them; with that being said, it wouldn't be a stretch to compare YOUR MX career with RC's....Funny? Yes. A stretch? No.

Don't worry, I still think RC is "The Goat"......for now.

agn5009
5/23/2016 2:50pm
agn5009 wrote:
Peyton Manning is a legend. He can't play football at the highest level anymore so he hung up the boots. James can't race at the highest...
Peyton Manning is a legend. He can't play football at the highest level anymore so he hung up the boots. James can't race at the highest level anymore. Before anyone starts shit, I never said he wasn't as fast as the best guys, I said he can't race anymore. I can't wait for the "fanboys" to try and prove me wrong. How long has it been, 7 years or so since he was on top?

I really like James and for the last couple years I've really been rooting for him. I respect the hell out of him and I think he's one of the best ever. But the "fan boys" these last couple days have been annoying as hell. Some here are so bad that they call people haters because they feel James needs to quit racing. It's not being a hater, it's having common sense.
TailSoHard wrote:
Not a fanboy, just a stickler for numbers/data... He won 5 SX races and an MX race in 2014 and was on the podium 10 times...
Not a fanboy, just a stickler for numbers/data...

He won 5 SX races and an MX race in 2014 and was on the podium 10 times between the two seasons. Finished in the top 10 in 17/25 races he lined up for...

Here's my $.02:

Sure, he's not as fast as he once was, but he's still faster than half the guys on the starting gate. Still a great ambassador to the sport and is still a fantastic marketing/sales tool for the manufacturer. Still worth a lot of money, so it's still worth lining up on the gate every weekend.

IF he can stay healthy, sure. I absolutely agree he should line up any time he wants. I don't care if he goes out and takes 10th place every race. that doesn't bother me at all. I just hate seeing him crash every single race he enters.

Something is amiss. Unfortunately no one knows what it is.
TailSoHard
5/23/2016 2:57pm
agn5009 wrote:
IF he can stay healthy, sure. I absolutely agree he should line up any time he wants. I don't care if he goes out and takes...
IF he can stay healthy, sure. I absolutely agree he should line up any time he wants. I don't care if he goes out and takes 10th place every race. that doesn't bother me at all. I just hate seeing him crash every single race he enters.

Something is amiss. Unfortunately no one knows what it is.
Yeah I'm right there with ya. Hate seeing people get hurt, especially the ones that do so well when they stay healthy
cali11
5/23/2016 3:05pm
Maybe you haters should petition Suzuki too have him fired then. Why the fuck do you keep bringing that shit to a message board
wreckitrandy
5/23/2016 3:20pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Oops, I forgot to "quote" you huck. Anyway, this post is for you Nope, no insinuation in my previous post. Just a comment on "when" he...
Oops, I forgot to "quote" you huck. Anyway, this post is for you

Nope, no insinuation in my previous post. Just a comment on "when" he quit, not "why."

How is comparing 2 peoples careers and their desire to continue pushing, "a bit of a stretch"? I'm comparing their careers to highlight the differences. Just because 2 things are drastically different, that doesn't mean you can't compare them; with that being said, it wouldn't be a stretch to compare YOUR MX career with RC's....Funny? Yes. A stretch? No.

Don't worry, I still think RC is "The Goat"......for now.

Man. What a relief.
umagumadog
5/23/2016 4:19pm
According to the latest PR Stew just told all of ya'll calling for him to hang up his boots to go pound sand.

"As hard as it is now I refuse to quit. I know I’m not done."

Sounds to me like the man has some fight left in him.
davistld01
5/23/2016 4:25pm
cali11 wrote:
Maybe you haters should petition Suzuki too have him fired then. Why the fuck do you keep bringing that shit to a message board
Nothing. Better. To. Do.

Can't believe this isn't in the dumbgeon yet. Seriously.
plowboy
5/23/2016 4:36pm
logan_140 wrote:
Of this generation of riders yes, not last generation. Stew,Rc,reed,windham
agn5009 wrote:
I get the first 3 but Windham? Really? I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that one. How many titles does he have? How many race...
I get the first 3 but Windham? Really? I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that one. How many titles does he have? How many race wins?

I get that he's always been a fan favorite and an amazing person. A lot of people would have loved to have had his career. But a legend? You can't put him in the same group as guys who have won multiple championships when he hasn't even won one.
logan_140 wrote:
I will always give Windham a pass considering he had to line up against that bad ass red head most of his career. I haven't done the math but if Ricky wasn't there I bet Kevin would have had his share of championships. During the Carmichael era I think only Everts could have seriously challenged him. RC was just not going to be denied, defied, or defeated.
cali11
5/23/2016 4:45pm
agn5009 wrote:

logan_140 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
I will always give Windham a pass considering he had to line up against that bad ass red head most of his career. I haven't done...
I will always give Windham a pass considering he had to line up against that bad ass red head most of his career. I haven't done the math but if Ricky wasn't there I bet Kevin would have had his share of championships. During the Carmichael era I think only Everts could have seriously challenged him. RC was just not going to be denied, defied, or defeated.
I don't think Everts wound have ever had
Much for RC. Maybe a bit in MX but not SX. RC was like a pit bull going after a piece of meat! That's hard to stop. lol
RandyS
5/23/2016 6:15pm
MC getting beat by RC and continuing to race several more years without ever winning again harmed his legend status a little short term, RV failing in Europe harmed his legend status a little short term, and Stewart going through this is harming his legend status short term. Nobody today remembers the years Hannah continued to race at far below his previous self. I said my peace months ago about Stewart, I think the footage where he tells his dad that everything is coming at him too fast is very telling and I hope they make the right decision whatever that is, but 30 years from now nobody will remember any of it.
reded
5/23/2016 6:41pm
kzizok wrote:
Brad Pitt was a legend of the fall.
Jimmy Stewart is quickly becoming one.
bama205
5/23/2016 6:48pm
To me (age group 25) JS, MC, TP199 RC, and CR are like moto gods.

Close seconds have been RV and KW14.

I will never in all my life forget the rides RC used to put on. Or watching RC vs JS AND BT Vs RV in 2007.
5/23/2016 7:17pm
bama205 wrote:
To me (age group 25) JS, MC, TP199 RC, and CR are like moto gods. Close seconds have been RV and KW14. I will never in...
To me (age group 25) JS, MC, TP199 RC, and CR are like moto gods.

Close seconds have been RV and KW14.

I will never in all my life forget the rides RC used to put on. Or watching RC vs JS AND BT Vs RV in 2007.
This isn't personal and I don't really care who are considered "moto gods" but... RV close second?

3 250 MX titles, 2 450 MX titles, 4 consecutive 450 SX titles, MEC million winner and 3 MXdN wins with one being on a 250F beating the world!

Interesting...

mx836
5/23/2016 8:03pm
agn5009 wrote:

He didn't win, but he did finish second nine or so times and racked up quite a few wins along the way. Not one of the greats, but as close as you can get.

Post a reply to: To everyone saying stew should hang it up...

The Latest