To all Americans

Sunhouse
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:53am
I just got back from the Swedish GP and would like to tell you this:
You guys need to follow your countrymen who are doing the GP´s. What I saw today was VERY impressive, and the determination could be seen in their eyes (due to mud, no one had goggles by lap 3). What I saw Leib, Osbourne and Albertson do today was nothing short of impressive. Their results don´t do them justice - they were on fire! These guys deserve all the support they can get. They live FAR away from America, they ride for teams you guys have never heard of, and they give it their all. Albee was unlucky today, but he had an awful start and picked guys off big time before he crashed gnarly in moto 2, but he still got up.
Zack is wild, fast and in shape - I hope he can win a few before the season is over.
Leib surprised me the most! I loved his riding style, and you could see it in his eyes that he really wanted to do well today! This guy is a future winner - no doubt. He doesn´t have a lot of fans here yet, so I tried to cheer him on as much as I could, and I hope it helped. To be honest I didn´t know who #170 was until I noticed his awesome attacking style, so I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed who I had been cheering for all 1st moto.
Which is also why I wish you guys would give them more support and creds than they are getting. They are doing really well, even though they have many unfamiliar obstacles to overcome here in Europe. I for one, is the first person to cheer these guys on, just for choosing to do something different, and to move away from familiar surroundings.

Good on them!
|
mx295
7/4/2010 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2010 6:17pm
Ok.. You talked me into it. I'll sign up for the next G.P...
DL
7/4/2010 11:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2010 11:05pm
Sunhouse very cool post and much appreciated. I'll pass your mesage onto Michael...... I tried to PM you but it did not go through. PM me your email address. Thanks.
7/5/2010 2:01am
I'll second that Sunhouse,I managed to watch it although not live,I have to agree,Albee and Leib deserve a lot of respect and Zac Osbourne has really got to grips with the GP scene,his English team is great,Steve Dixon has been around the GP and British series a long time now and runs the team superbly and Zac seems to fit in well apparently even getting the British sense of humour and banter!
I'm up for these guys and I know a lot more are impressed too,Albee ran upfront last week for quite a while and has shown great potential and Leib looks great on the bike,a great prospect,let's support them all the way,it's gotta be hard for the guys and like Sunhouse says they're a credit to the US

The Shop

motogrady
7/5/2010 4:06am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2010 4:28am
There's always been a kind of special place for those that do the GPs.

If yer moto you know what Pomeroy did in Spain.

And how long Lackey toiled to get his championship.

Parker, Hansen, Moore, all of the above took it upon themselves to challenge

some of the best in the world on their stage.

And won.

To ask a guy to give up his family, his homeland for a season, deal with the lack of language, the politics, the different foods, well that might be a bit better now, is a big thing.

No, it takes a special kind of guy, who knows if you will ever see another one.

And yeah, that's kinda sad.

So heck yes, major kudos to Zach ant those that carry the torch.
WSR
7/5/2010 4:42am
I watch most of them on Red Bull TV. The GP's have great racing.
Ing
7/5/2010 7:13am
how were the Swedish ladies? I heard they have some nice ones Wink
Pics would be appreciated. BTW, thanks for the post. Most of what you say is spot on. However, some of us do follow the GP's closely and do know the teams and the riders. Following the GP's is one of my favorite parts of the weekend. Thanks for the post.
mvmx
7/5/2010 7:27am
Great post, with Redbull and other web outlets it take a day to see all the action.

But,any time a racer is taken out of his home ( food,travel,language,Swedish girls) and still has the first hand intensity you describe, they will have a rabid fan base.

I just hope they are making a conferable living and getting paid in full.

Sunhouse
7/6/2010 8:58am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2010 11:34am
I tried to PM you back, but it seems like that function is down atm.
hoppsan
7/6/2010 10:53am
Leib was hauling the mail all day, sweet rider to watch. Albertson had quite the gnarly getoff in a really weird place.to crash at, he too was hauling though.

Stoked on the fact that there are more Americans running in the GPs now, it just makes it so much better.
Blake
7/6/2010 11:30am
how were the Swedish ladies? I heard they have some nice ones Wink
chussy wrote:
The Swedish ladies were mighty fine...did anyone watch the podium at the end...brilliant TV http://moto.mpora.com/news/swedish-moto-candy-week.html [img]http://moto.mpora.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/blondeswedish-chick.jpg[/img]
The Swedish ladies were mighty fine...did anyone watch the podium at the end...brilliant TV

http://moto.mpora.com/news/swedish-moto-candy-week.html

Imported from 909/951 or 702?

Post a reply to: To all Americans

The Latest