To Langstons point....

Titan1
7/28/2015 3:14pm
Titan1 wrote:
Same here. I have no desire to kill (or hurt really) another living thing ever again in my life. But target shooting (especially trap and skeet...
Same here. I have no desire to kill (or hurt really) another living thing ever again in my life. But target shooting (especially trap and skeet type of stuff, and LONG range stuff) is a full on blast. I even like getting to an indoor shooting range every now and then and running through a hundred or so rounds out of a hand gun too.
CamP wrote:
We have a steel rimfire dualing tree and it's a blast with rifles and pistols. Shooting head to head adds some competition and really raises the...
We have a steel rimfire dualing tree and it's a blast with rifles and pistols. Shooting head to head adds some competition and really raises the fun factor
A buddy of mine has been trying to get me to go out to some competition shoots for a long time. I may have to actually take him up on his offer one of these days.
Titan1
7/28/2015 3:15pm
Prntscrn wrote:
I don't know the numbers, but if that is how many that owns a gun that is, in my opinion truly fucked up. Hey to make...
I don't know the numbers, but if that is how many that owns a gun that is, in my opinion truly fucked up. Hey to make this place safer let's bring in more guns!
Titan1 wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think there are 200 million guns in America...not necessarily 200 million gun owners (since most gun owners own more than...
I could be wrong, but I think there are 200 million guns in America...not necessarily 200 million gun owners (since most gun owners own more than one gun).

And the thing is that even with that many guns here...it's only a fraction of 1% of gun owners that actually commit crimes with them. I see no sense in punishing 99.999% of gun owners for the poor behavior of the .0001% of gun owners.
I don't think 85pc of the US population owns a gun, including children and elderly people. There are only 318 million people in America.
I agree with you.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
7/28/2015 4:03pm
Langston gets on my last nerve he thinks he has to talk the whole damn race, meaningless BS on and on and on.....I threw my napkin down.
CR250Rider
7/28/2015 6:43pm
huck wrote:
I hate hunters. Look what they did to this poor deer. Killed the mom...... [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/21/c0/41/21c041aa734452ce8086d3f80dbe186c.jpg[/img]
I hate hunters. Look what they did to this poor deer. Killed the mom......

It looks like nature is evolving... Kashmir musk deer

The Shop

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
7/28/2015 7:16pm
huck wrote:
I hate hunters. Look what they did to this poor deer. Killed the mom...... [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/21/c0/41/21c041aa734452ce8086d3f80dbe186c.jpg[/img]
I hate hunters. Look what they did to this poor deer. Killed the mom......

CR250Rider wrote:
It looks like nature is evolving... Kashmir musk deer [img]http://d11cy6uk9jmv2y.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/musk-deer_01_04_2014_GalleryLarge-EarthTouch-e1414823441548-599x400.jpg[/img]
It looks like nature is evolving... Kashmir musk deer
unreal. funny the russian doesnt like guns
Harry_Gray
7/28/2015 9:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 9:37pm
Prntscrn wrote:
Guns.. I don't get it. I would NEVER own one and it should't be that easy to get ahold of
Spartacus wrote:
Over 270 million Americans disagree with you.
I'd rather have one and not need it than not have one and need it. Just my opinion. IMO, best to be prudent and be prepared.
Motoxdoc
7/28/2015 11:05pm
philG wrote:
but guns bro....
Motoxdoc wrote:
I've survived 50 years without owning or using a gun......and I don't see the need now.....except maybe if I was visiting a certain dentist in Minnesota...
I've survived 50 years without owning or using a gun......and I don't see the need now.....except maybe if I was visiting a certain dentist in Minnesota. Merica, god and guns...how blessed we be!
mx 219 wrote:
coming from a guy from Newport Beach

Move to Baltimore and tell me you wouldn't own at least one gun
No need to move to Baltimore to tell you there's absolutely 100% no chance that I would own at least one gun! I guess it's a fear thing that makes people want to own a gun.....I don't know. Whatever part of a persons personality that is responsible for making them want to own a gun....I don't have that.
IWreckALot
7/29/2015 5:42am
Titan1 wrote:
Same here. I have no desire to kill (or hurt really) another living thing ever again in my life. But target shooting (especially trap and skeet...
Same here. I have no desire to kill (or hurt really) another living thing ever again in my life. But target shooting (especially trap and skeet type of stuff, and LONG range stuff) is a full on blast. I even like getting to an indoor shooting range every now and then and running through a hundred or so rounds out of a hand gun too.
CamP wrote:
We have a steel rimfire dualing tree and it's a blast with rifles and pistols. Shooting head to head adds some competition and really raises the...
We have a steel rimfire dualing tree and it's a blast with rifles and pistols. Shooting head to head adds some competition and really raises the fun factor
Where do you get to shoot at CamP. One of my riding buddies just bought some land a mile or two away from River Valley. Last time we went riding, I took my .22LR and 9mm and wasted a few rounds between motos.
CamP
7/29/2015 6:36am
IWreckALot wrote:
Where do you get to shoot at CamP. One of my riding buddies just bought some land a mile or two away from River Valley. Last...
Where do you get to shoot at CamP. One of my riding buddies just bought some land a mile or two away from River Valley. Last time we went riding, I took my .22LR and 9mm and wasted a few rounds between motos.
David lets me shoot when the RV is closed.

We also shoot 22's. They are fun and inexpensive. When it cools off we should hook up with the 22's and the dualing tree. It's a blast.
Prntscrn
7/29/2015 7:33am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 7:37am
Prntscrn wrote:
Guns.. I don't get it. I would NEVER own one and it should't be that easy to get ahold of
Spartacus wrote:
Harry_Gray wrote:
I'd rather have one and not need it than not have one and need it. Just my opinion. IMO, best to be prudent and be prepared.
Yeah but if there was some restrictions on how to get a gun you probably wouldn't feel like you would ever need a gun, my opinion. I know I don't feel that way and I doubt any of my swedish or scandinavian friends feel different about it
Shiftfaced
7/29/2015 7:41am
Spartacus wrote:
Harry_Gray wrote:
Prntscrn wrote:
Yeah but if there was some restrictions on how to get a gun you probably wouldn't feel like you would ever need a gun, my opinion...
Yeah but if there was some restrictions on how to get a gun you probably wouldn't feel like you would ever need a gun, my opinion. I know I don't feel that way and I doubt any of my swedish or scandinavian friends feel different about it
I think that mindset at least plays a part.

"Everybody else had a gun, so I need one too".

I see that same argument play out with the huge-assed vehicles that a lot of people drive.

"The car next to me is huge, so I need a bigger one, just in case we get in a wreck".

hillbilly
7/29/2015 8:17am
Shootin skeet is a hell lot of fun, used to have a range just a half mile from me,got a 12 and 20 loader setup and would shoot a hundred rounds each gauge a day back when that shit was cheap.

Good times,

The river flooded and washed it away,massive flood.
Atmos
7/29/2015 8:22am
Hunting doesn't get real until what you're hunting shoots back.
CamP
7/29/2015 8:28am
hillbilly wrote:
Shootin skeet is a hell lot of fun, used to have a range just a half mile from me,got a 12 and 20 loader setup and...
Shootin skeet is a hell lot of fun, used to have a range just a half mile from me,got a 12 and 20 loader setup and would shoot a hundred rounds each gauge a day back when that shit was cheap.

Good times,

Use to love shooting skeet with the 20ga that my grandfather got me for my 9th birthday. Haven't done it in a long time.
DPW
7/29/2015 4:59pm
CamP wrote:
The dentist should have to spend 40 hours with an arrow in his ass.
^^^ this...
DPW
7/29/2015 5:06pm
top of the old food chain there

GIwasB4
7/29/2015 6:12pm
DPW wrote:
top of the old food chain there [img]https://i.imgur.com/ps5D2SW.jpg[/img]
top of the old food chain there

Not to stir the pot further, just an observation.
I assume your making light of the fatass sitting behind his newly aquired head for his man room?
If the dentist paid $55000 to bag Cecil, what do you think "dumbass pictured here" paid?
Follow the money, always.
Leads you right to the real bad guys.
GIwasB4
7/29/2015 6:14pm
Harry_Gray wrote:
Yes.
XXVoid MainXX
7/29/2015 7:41pm
hillbilly wrote:
Shootin skeet is a hell lot of fun, used to have a range just a half mile from me,got a 12 and 20 loader setup and...

Good times,

Back on the farm we used to shoot bottle rockets up the fill tube of our silos and scare all the pigeons out the top so me and all my buddies could pop them out of the air with 12 gauges. I imagine that was a bit like skeet shooting? Smile
jamma10
7/30/2015 1:35am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 1:47am
Bruce372 wrote:
What a scum bag !

Cecil the lion: US dentist blamed for Zimbabwe killing - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33695872
Titan1 wrote:
That just blows more holes in Langstons point...his hate and anger SHOULD be directed at poaching and poachers (which that dentist is-if you read the article)...not...
That just blows more holes in Langstons point...his hate and anger SHOULD be directed at poaching and poachers (which that dentist is-if you read the article)...not hunters.

(Of topic, slightly, but a friend of mine is hunting in South Africa right now...he's posting pictures of the animals he kills on facebook every day...paid out the nose for the opportunity-a portion of which goes toward conservation and management of endangered animals, the meat from the animals was donated to local people, he's spent a ton of money in the local economy, and tips his guides well. He's not shooting giraffes, or lions or elephants or rhino's...he wanted to, but there is such an incredibly small number of tags available for those animals that it wasn't worth the wait for him. I don't like hunting, and wouldn't spend my money that way...but I can see that it is helpful to the local economies, local poor people, and endangered animals there and does serve a valid purpose.)
'He's not shooting giraffes, or lions or elephants or rhino's...he wanted to'

Why would anyone in their right fucking mind would want to kill one of those animals in the first place? That's what I cant get my head around.
Spydee
7/30/2015 3:07am
jamma10 wrote:
[i]'He's not shooting giraffes, or lions or elephants or rhino's...he wanted to'[/i] Why would anyone in their right fucking mind would [i]want[/i] to kill one of...
'He's not shooting giraffes, or lions or elephants or rhino's...he wanted to'

Why would anyone in their right fucking mind would want to kill one of those animals in the first place? That's what I cant get my head around.
Perhaps they aren't a fan of 'The Lion King'.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to kill a human being? Or why would anyone in their right mind think f*cking a child is acceptable?

The world, and our species are f*cked up.
IWreckALot
7/30/2015 5:34am
IWreckALot wrote:
Where do you get to shoot at CamP. One of my riding buddies just bought some land a mile or two away from River Valley. Last...
CamP wrote:
David lets me shoot when the RV is closed. We also shoot 22's. They are fun and inexpensive. When it cools off we should hook up...
David lets me shoot when the RV is closed.

We also shoot 22's. They are fun and inexpensive. When it cools off we should hook up with the 22's and the dualing tree. It's a blast.
Hell yeah I'd be down for that. Have you been able to find .22 LR rounds lately? I haven't been looking too much but a few months ago you had to be at the store when the shipment arrived to have a shot at the bulk rounds. I have about 4 and a half bricks still and don't get to shoot extremely often so I haven't been paying too much attention.
Barrett57
7/30/2015 5:38am
Titan1 wrote:
That just blows more holes in Langstons point...his hate and anger SHOULD be directed at poaching and poachers (which that dentist is-if you read the article)...not...
That just blows more holes in Langstons point...his hate and anger SHOULD be directed at poaching and poachers (which that dentist is-if you read the article)...not hunters.

(Of topic, slightly, but a friend of mine is hunting in South Africa right now...he's posting pictures of the animals he kills on facebook every day...paid out the nose for the opportunity-a portion of which goes toward conservation and management of endangered animals, the meat from the animals was donated to local people, he's spent a ton of money in the local economy, and tips his guides well. He's not shooting giraffes, or lions or elephants or rhino's...he wanted to, but there is such an incredibly small number of tags available for those animals that it wasn't worth the wait for him. I don't like hunting, and wouldn't spend my money that way...but I can see that it is helpful to the local economies, local poor people, and endangered animals there and does serve a valid purpose.)
I wonder how much of the money goes to conservation, and how much of it ends up in peoples pockets.

CamP
7/30/2015 5:46am
IWreckALot wrote:
Hell yeah I'd be down for that. Have you been able to find .22 LR rounds lately? I haven't been looking too much but a few...
Hell yeah I'd be down for that. Have you been able to find .22 LR rounds lately? I haven't been looking too much but a few months ago you had to be at the store when the shipment arrived to have a shot at the bulk rounds. I have about 4 and a half bricks still and don't get to shoot extremely often so I haven't been paying too much attention.
It seems like more 22 ammo has been available lately. I've found quite a bit at Cabelas, Academy and Walmart. I maintain about 6k rounds just in case the supply dries up again.
hvaughn88
7/30/2015 5:59am
IWreckALot wrote:
Hell yeah I'd be down for that. Have you been able to find .22 LR rounds lately? I haven't been looking too much but a few...
CamP wrote:
It seems like more 22 ammo has been available lately. I've found quite a bit at Cabelas, Academy and Walmart. I maintain about 6k rounds just...
It seems like more 22 ammo has been available lately. I've found quite a bit at Cabelas, Academy and Walmart. I maintain about 6k rounds just in case the supply dries up again.
Is cabela's still doing a limit of 5 per order?
newmann
7/30/2015 6:27am
IWreckALot wrote:
CamP wrote:
It seems like more 22 ammo has been available lately. I've found quite a bit at Cabelas, Academy and Walmart. I maintain about 6k rounds just...
hvaughn88 wrote:
I was at Cabela's last September and there was a bunch of people standing around a full end cap display of 22 discussing who was going to get x number of boxes. I saw no sign for a limit so I grabbed a half dozen bulk boxes and put in my cart. They all looked at me goofy but no one said a word when I went through check out.
hvaughn88
7/30/2015 6:28am
CamP wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
newmann wrote:
I was at Cabela's last September and there was a bunch of people standing around a full end cap display of 22 discussing who was going...
I was at Cabela's last September and there was a bunch of people standing around a full end cap display of 22 discussing who was going to get x number of boxes. I saw no sign for a limit so I grabbed a half dozen bulk boxes and put in my cart. They all looked at me goofy but no one said a word when I went through check out.
I like your style.
CamP
7/30/2015 6:35am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Last time I was in there, they had a 1 bulk box limit, or 3 small boxes. Someone on a rimfire forum said that they have recently lifted their limits, but I can't confirm that.

Post a reply to: To Langstons point....

The Latest