To: Dave O.

IE22
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2015 8:09pm
Long time lurker here. After seeing your interview over at TWMX, it forced my to make this post.

Clearly, and maybe Chad too, you're kidding yourself if you think what Chad did was any different than the act of others. The facts are:

1. Canard was running faster and it was only a matter of time before he got by. Chad knew it and should have sensed Trey was close.

2. Chad took the jump outside - inside and jumped diagonally. Again, he knew Trey was close and should have known that might be a bad idea.

3. Trey made a bad move and tried to jump past him in hopes of squaring him up in that next turn. Didn't quite work out.

4. Most importantly here. Trey DID NOT have the intention of nailing Chad. It was a bad race decision.

5. Chad (consciously) made the decision to take out Trey....ON PURPOSE....as payback.

If you, as a leader of a factory supported team do not understand the difference and choose to see it in some other distorted reality, then you clearly do not understand the difference between right and wrong. Whining about other people not getting in trouble is never going to make one look good. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just like the NBA. Retaliation is always the one to get caught.

The correct response would have been..."Trey made a bonehead pass attempt and it didn't work out and costed both he and Chad. Chad let his temper unfortunately get the best of him and it costed him some championship points. Chad will make a note of it and move on."
|
brimx153
1/18/2015 5:20pm
IE22 wrote:
Long time lurker here. After seeing your interview over at TWMX, it forced my to make this post. Clearly, and maybe Chad too, you're kidding yourself...
Long time lurker here. After seeing your interview over at TWMX, it forced my to make this post.

Clearly, and maybe Chad too, you're kidding yourself if you think what Chad did was any different than the act of others. The facts are:

1. Canard was running faster and it was only a matter of time before he got by. Chad knew it and should have sensed Trey was close.

2. Chad took the jump outside - inside and jumped diagonally. Again, he knew Trey was close and should have known that might be a bad idea.

3. Trey made a bad move and tried to jump past him in hopes of squaring him up in that next turn. Didn't quite work out.

4. Most importantly here. Trey DID NOT have the intention of nailing Chad. It was a bad race decision.

5. Chad (consciously) made the decision to take out Trey....ON PURPOSE....as payback.

If you, as a leader of a factory supported team do not understand the difference and choose to see it in some other distorted reality, then you clearly do not understand the difference between right and wrong. Whining about other people not getting in trouble is never going to make one look good. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just like the NBA. Retaliation is always the one to get caught.

The correct response would have been..."Trey made a bonehead pass attempt and it didn't work out and costed both he and Chad. Chad let his temper unfortunately get the best of him and it costed him some championship points. Chad will make a note of it and move on."
sorry but points 1 and 2 are complete crap .you re saying that chad should go wide in the corner ,because he is going slower and trey might want to pass him .!! the line chad used was used all night by other riders .he was just protecting his line . everyone has an opinion on what happened next ,and yes chad was in the wrong .but a black flag ?? I actually find it scary that so many people on this board can even think for one second that it was nt 110% treys fault in the 1st crash. I am sure he would even say that himself . it does nt me he did it on purpose tho. he made a mistake .
DonM
1/18/2015 5:22pm
IE22 wrote:
Long time lurker here. After seeing your interview over at TWMX, it forced my to make this post. Clearly, and maybe Chad too, you're kidding yourself...

brimx153 wrote:
sorry but points 1 and 2 are complete crap .you re saying that chad should go wide in the corner ,because he is going slower and...
sorry but points 1 and 2 are complete crap .you re saying that chad should go wide in the corner ,because he is going slower and trey might want to pass him .!! the line chad used was used all night by other riders .he was just protecting his line . everyone has an opinion on what happened next ,and yes chad was in the wrong .but a black flag ?? I actually find it scary that so many people on this board can even think for one second that it was nt 110% treys fault in the 1st crash. I am sure he would even say that himself . it does nt me he did it on purpose tho. he made a mistake .
Trey said on twitter today that he made a mistake...
Xeno
1/18/2015 5:46pm
So OP- you're saying Reed should let Canard pass him?

I'd like to remind you that they are racing.

Carry on...

kiwifan
1/18/2015 5:48pm
IE22 wrote:

well said!!!!

The Shop

ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
1/18/2015 5:50pm
someone on twitter said that Canard made a mistake, Reed made a bigger one, and the AMA the biggest one. Spot on IMO.

Canard made a bad move, compounded by Reed riding a wide bike to hold Canard off. I think Canard was mostly at fault, but Reed cross jumped, differently from how he'd done in prior laps. He's not completely innocent. His move afterward was bad, but again compounded by Trey pulling a tear off. Were it not for that, Trey might well have not gone down. The AMA, they just have their heads up their A$$.
kiwifan
1/18/2015 5:52pm
Xeno wrote:

Carry on...

He is not saying that at all....albeit that Chad would of known that Trey was going to try that line that ended in disaster, so PERHAPS it could of been avoided ? Nothing wrong with Chad defending a line that he knew a pass would of been made on but he would of known that it COULD end in disaster and it did.

Anyone who has raced before knows that jumping diagionally to defend a line against a faster rider is playing the odds of a incident...thats not saying hes 100% at fault just saying it could of been avoided
kiwifan
1/18/2015 5:53pm
ACBraap wrote:
someone on twitter said that Canard made a mistake, Reed made a bigger one, and the AMA the biggest one. Spot on IMO. Canard made a...
someone on twitter said that Canard made a mistake, Reed made a bigger one, and the AMA the biggest one. Spot on IMO.

Canard made a bad move, compounded by Reed riding a wide bike to hold Canard off. I think Canard was mostly at fault, but Reed cross jumped, differently from how he'd done in prior laps. He's not completely innocent. His move afterward was bad, but again compounded by Trey pulling a tear off. Were it not for that, Trey might well have not gone down. The AMA, they just have their heads up their A$$.
then again AMA needs ot make a statement about running a guy blatantly off the track dont they? And lets face it everyone knows now not to do it or same thing can happen to them
Zycki11
1/18/2015 6:01pm
Xeno wrote:

Carry on...

kiwifan wrote:
He is not saying that at all....albeit that Chad would of known that Trey was going to try that line that ended in disaster, so PERHAPS...
He is not saying that at all....albeit that Chad would of known that Trey was going to try that line that ended in disaster, so PERHAPS it could of been avoided ? Nothing wrong with Chad defending a line that he knew a pass would of been made on but he would of known that it COULD end in disaster and it did.

Anyone who has raced before knows that jumping diagionally to defend a line against a faster rider is playing the odds of a incident...thats not saying hes 100% at fault just saying it could of been avoided
I have never heard of the faster rider gambling with odds on wether the rider in front is jumping to the inside or not. If I'm the faster rider, I pay attention and find a good spot. If I'm the slower, I protect the crap out of the insides and force your ass to go all the way around. Still never heard of this faster rider BS you speak of. It's knowing the track and understanding the passing spots. It has zero to do with jumping diagonally. Reed was in front and could go where he wanted too. Period
Xeno
1/18/2015 6:03pm
I'm very much a Trey Canard fan...

BUT- I don't for a minute think that "1. Canard was running faster and it was only a matter of time before he got by."

Nothing is a given in racing.
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
1/18/2015 6:03pm
ACBraap wrote:
someone on twitter said that Canard made a mistake, Reed made a bigger one, and the AMA the biggest one. Spot on IMO. Canard made a...

kiwifan wrote:
then again AMA needs ot make a statement about running a guy blatantly off the track dont they? And lets face it everyone knows now not...
then again AMA needs ot make a statement about running a guy blatantly off the track dont they? And lets face it everyone knows now not to do it or same thing can happen to them
If they're going to make a statement about aggressive, retaliatory passes, they need to do it consistently. Hansen put McElrath on the ground, and I think that was payback for a pass at A1 IIRC. Taking points away after the event would have made the statement. Doing it to Reed, but not Hanny makes the statement that the officiating is an inconsistent clown show.
kiwifan
1/18/2015 6:05pm
Xeno wrote:

Carry on...

kiwifan wrote:
He is not saying that at all....albeit that Chad would of known that Trey was going to try that line that ended in disaster, so PERHAPS...

Zycki11 wrote:
I have never heard of the faster rider gambling with odds on wether the rider in front is jumping to the inside or not. If I'm...
I have never heard of the faster rider gambling with odds on wether the rider in front is jumping to the inside or not. If I'm the faster rider, I pay attention and find a good spot. If I'm the slower, I protect the crap out of the insides and force your ass to go all the way around. Still never heard of this faster rider BS you speak of. It's knowing the track and understanding the passing spots. It has zero to do with jumping diagonally. Reed was in front and could go where he wanted too. Period
so we disagree, all good
kiwifan
1/18/2015 6:06pm
ACBraap wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
then again AMA needs ot make a statement about running a guy blatantly off the track dont they? And lets face it everyone knows now not...
ACBraap wrote:
If they're going to make a statement about aggressive, retaliatory passes, they need to do it consistently. Hansen put McElrath on the ground, and I think...
If they're going to make a statement about aggressive, retaliatory passes, they need to do it consistently. Hansen put McElrath on the ground, and I think that was payback for a pass at A1 IIRC. Taking points away after the event would have made the statement. Doing it to Reed, but not Hanny makes the statement that the officiating is an inconsistent clown show.
I totally agree that they should be more consistent, 100%
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/18/2015 6:09pm
It should be obvious to anyone that Trey made a mistake.

It should be obvious that no one wants to make that kind of mistake...it's not doing you (or your competitor's) race any good.

It should be obvious to anyone that Chad retailiated.

I do think it was ill-timed and that Trey was a bit vulnerable.

I'm really happy that it wasn't worse to the point of him ending up in the next lane, and head-on to oncoming traffic.
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
1/18/2015 6:13pm
GuyB wrote:
It should be obvious to anyone that Trey made a mistake. It should be obvious that no one wants to make that kind of mistake...it's not...

It should be obvious that no one wants to make that kind of mistake...it's not doing you (or your competitor's) race any good.

I'm really happy that it wasn't worse to the point of him ending up in the next lane, and head-on to oncoming traffic.
Completely agree.

They were both making decisions in the heat of a race though. The officiating should be cooler heads, and they F'd it up.
500guy
1/18/2015 6:17pm
GuyB wrote:
It should be obvious to anyone that Trey made a mistake. It should be obvious that no one wants to make that kind of mistake...it's not...

The last line is the kicker. I said as soon as it happened that Reed would get Black Flagged.

Then I thought no way they would do that to Reed, but they did and it seems harsh but I think it was necessary.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
1/18/2015 6:17pm
I don't disagree with the folks that believe Trey made a riding mistake, I believe he said so himself. I'd just like to know what the opinion is of Roczen then, because his pass for the lead against Short was the exact same pass made the exact same way - except Short didn't cross jump the table. IIRC KR's move on Short was "the pass of the race", no? How could it be such a "dumb mistake" by Trey, and a "pass of the race" for KR? No one is talking about Roczen getting the lead with that same move, which with the way Dungey was riding KR's pass on Short may have been what got him to the top step of the podium for the night.
The Oracle
Fantasy
4286th
1/18/2015 6:20pm
What a fucking pissfest these threads end up in.

No one did right or wrong. No professional racer wants to give up the inside line when someone are close, hence why Reed jumped diagonally (which happens all the time with other racers too?)

Trey tried to stick it, the door was just shut this time. Tough luck.

Reed gave Trey a little love tap which also is common, just a shitty timing that Treys hand was off the bar.

Black flag a little harsh for that love tap, if he banged bars with more people after that, then they should have blackflagged him for "malicious riding"
Zycki11
1/18/2015 6:23pm
The Oracle wrote:
What a fucking pissfest these threads end up in. No one did right or wrong. No professional racer wants to give up the inside line when...

No one did right or wrong. No professional racer wants to give up the inside line when someone are close, hence why Reed jumped diagonally (which happens all the time with other racers too?)

Reed gave Trey a little love tap which also is common, just a shitty timing that Treys hand was off the bar.

Black flag a little harsh for that love tap, if he banged bars with more people after that, then they should have blackflagged him for "malicious riding"
Spot on. Not sure why others don't understand this.
jgmxdad251
1/18/2015 6:29pm
Xeno wrote:

Carry on...

kiwifan wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:
I have never heard of the faster rider gambling with odds on wether the rider in front is jumping to the inside or not. If I'm...
Reed is a past champion! No way he is moving over for anyone! Canard should have known Reed was going to protect the inside 100% of the time.It sucks that Reed got 0 points but its hard to blame him for having those emotions. That was his best start of the year and in his mind he was taken out! I think they should have let them race than make a decision but, who am i just a fan that was there and had a good time!
DonM
1/18/2015 6:35pm
Xeno wrote:

Carry on...

kiwifan wrote:

You need to re-watch it Reed was setting up for the turn as he was landing as Trey actually drifted left to right slightly...the crash was the end result...now everyone knows that Reed can do no right in your eyes so your unending biased responses in every thread are getting very tiring.
They all made bad decisions and Gallagher made the worse one. What happened can't be changed by either Chad or Trey, but what Gallagher did can be, there has to be a change so any one official can't make an emotional decision in the spur of the moment, there needs to be a process to eliminate the inconsistent calls being made during the heat of the battle by officials.
Every single rider that has commented has said the same thing, black flag shouldn't have been thrown and something needs to be done to keep in consistent.
zehn
1/18/2015 6:35pm
The Oracle wrote:
What a fucking pissfest these threads end up in. No one did right or wrong. No professional racer wants to give up the inside line when...

That wasn't a "love tap", Reed intentionally drove him straight off the track. It would have ended up the same way had Canard's hand been on the bars.
The Oracle
Fantasy
4286th
1/18/2015 6:37pm
zehn wrote:
That wasn't a "love tap", Reed intentionally drove him straight off the track. It would have ended up the same way had Canard's hand been on...
That wasn't a "love tap", Reed intentionally drove him straight off the track. It would have ended up the same way had Canard's hand been on the bars.
I don't know about you, but I've been lovetapped harder and still managed the turn, albeit, with both my hands on the handlebar.

Absurd how people call the Bowers - Osborne A1 incident a lovetap, but this is straight up riding him off the track.

Alright fellas.
CASH476
1/18/2015 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2015 6:38pm
Dave O to CR22 - "Hey Chad, some anonymous internet guy has brought up some real good points on how we should have handled the black flag thing"

Chad - " Yeah?"

Dave O - "Yeah, apparently you should have known Trey would jump on you and moved out of the way. I think you should issue an appology!"

Chad - "Quick, call the media!"

Dave O - "Hahahaaa!"

Chad - "Hahaha, Those guys are all chumps"
zehn
1/18/2015 6:40pm
The Oracle wrote:
I don't know about you, but I've been lovetapped harder and still managed the turn, albeit, with both my hands on the handlebar. Absurd how people...
I don't know about you, but I've been lovetapped harder and still managed the turn, albeit, with both my hands on the handlebar.

Absurd how people call the Bowers - Osborne A1 incident a lovetap, but this is straight up riding him off the track.

Alright fellas.
That's the thing, it wasn't a "tap" like a little bump like in the case of a block pass. Reed's intention was to run Canard off the track, which is why he continued to lean on him after making initial contact.
RandyS
1/18/2015 6:43pm
IE22 wrote:

That's some Hall of Fame noob shit right there. Unlike other Halls of Fame it's probably not something your friends and family should be proud of.
KlootZak
1/18/2015 6:47pm
Stewart and Reed are gifts that keep on giving. The two combined wrote more pages in the history of supercross than all riders combined. It will be a sad day when both will stop
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
1/18/2015 6:47pm
The Oracle wrote:
I don't know about you, but I've been lovetapped harder and still managed the turn, albeit, with both my hands on the handlebar. Absurd how people...

Alright fellas.
zehn wrote:
That's the thing, it wasn't a "tap" like a little bump like in the case of a block pass. Reed's intention was to run Canard off...
That's the thing, it wasn't a "tap" like a little bump like in the case of a block pass. Reed's intention was to run Canard off the track, which is why he continued to lean on him after making initial contact.
But it wouldn't have worked had Trey had both hands on the bars. Much like Osborne's reaction made Bowers pass look worse than it was, Trey's hand off the bars made Reeds move look more consequential than it should have been.
1/18/2015 6:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2015 7:03pm
If Reed was racing forward instead of blocking to keep from going backwards, even further... this wouldn't be talked about. Trey's pass would have been clean(just as Dungey's was on Chad) and Chad would have only lost a single postilion. He got himself landed on by going diagonal in a spot he KNEW was a prime passing place on the track!

Trey came from outside the top ten and was working his way to a podium finish. Reed at one point was in third and was working his way back to top ten finish! Trey's night was ruined far worse than Chad's, no matter how Chad or Dave O try to spin it!

The Oracle
Fantasy
4286th
1/18/2015 6:48pm
zehn wrote:
That's the thing, it wasn't a "tap" like a little bump like in the case of a block pass. Reed's intention was to run Canard off...
I respect your opinion, but we aren't going to agree on this any time soon.

My personal opinion, not a black flag. The officials look silly for flagging this, having let way worse stuff slip past in the last years of supercross.

Post a reply to: To: Dave O.

The Latest