Tixier 23 pts down with one to go...

Brent
Edited Date/Time 9/13/2014 3:40am
just has to score a couple of 7ths in Mexico to win if Jeff stays home.

Must be killing Herlings, I'll bet he never rides an 85 again...

I wonder if Jeffery is thinking of sending local tap water disguised in a bottle to Jordi's hotel room in Mexico?
|
Cashmore
9/7/2014 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2014 2:17pm
I wonder if Herlings will line up in Mexico.. would be stupid of him to risk messing his leg up but they did have him down from Brazil.
ky_savage
Fantasy
490th
9/7/2014 3:23pm
I sure hope he hasn't pissed any or many of the other riders off. He could accidentally get taken out.
watson
9/7/2014 3:38pm
If Herlings gets two last place finishes (six points if there are 18 riders in Mexico), where would Tixier have to be for Herlings to win this?

The Shop

ChrisB10
9/7/2014 3:47pm
It'd be 29 points so I believe a 5th ad 6th would do it right?
9/7/2014 4:12pm
an injured herlings, last year won Lierop. this title is for KTM to give away, to?? is Everts letting herlings ride or not.
DonM
9/7/2014 4:41pm
an injured herlings, last year won Lierop. this title is for KTM to give away, to?? is Everts letting herlings ride or not.
It's not up to Everts, he needs medical clearance to race.

bd
9/7/2014 4:47pm
He broke his femur..... right? This is fucking crazy talk
9/7/2014 5:34pm
Herlings Can also tie on points as he has most wins. I am not much of Herlings fan. But I don't want to see Tixier win. He really isn't earning it. He has needed to take the reigns and control this thing and he is not doing that. His average finish with and without Jeffrey racing has not really changed....,
brimx153
9/7/2014 5:48pm
never thought id be cheering for herlings , but don't want Tixier to win the championship . He would be the poorest rider in a long long time to win the world championship .I know you have to be in it to win it .but he is the 5th or 6th best guy this yr ,
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
9/7/2014 5:49pm
Whoever has the most points earned it. That said I hope Herlings can line up and make it happen.
9/7/2014 5:56pm
You are right Radical. I am not an * guy, but in this case lets hope Herlings pulls through. I think brlmx153 said it best.
rhargrave431
9/7/2014 6:06pm
Beings that there were 22 guys on the line in Brazil, I would imagine the turnout in Mexico will be pretty similar. I think Herlings can show up in a full body cast and still cruise around and be close to a top 10.
brimx153
9/7/2014 6:10pm
Radical wrote:
Whoever has the most points earned it. That said I hope Herlings can line up and make it happen.
yea I know , and I have nothing against Tixier its not his fault loads got injured ,and he did earn it .but just hope Herlings can scrape through the last race .just cant remember a world champion that's so far off being the best rider in the class .
ocscottie
9/7/2014 6:56pm
Just saw this article on OTOR: Everts: “Still a small chance for Herlings” (might have already been posted, i havent really been around much)

Time is ticking down for Red Bull KTM’s Jeffrey Herlings and his hopes of winning the 2014 FIM MX2 Motocross World Championship – a contest in which he has all but dominated this season – are dwindling. The Dutchman was unable to travel to Brazil for the Grand Prix of Goias this weekend after revered Belgian surgeon Dr Claes informed the reigning number one on Tuesday that his leg fracture had not healed sufficiently to consider riding and racing. Now Herlings faces an anxious few days to see whether the limb will improve enough to consider a late flight to South America and the final round of the six month campaign at Leon in Mexico.

A lot could hinge on the results and progress this weekend of team-mate Jordi Tixier; the only rider that can depose Herlings from the top of the standings. The Frenchman lies 57 points behind and if he wins both motos across the impressive red dirt of Trindade then the gap will be down to seven with two starts remaining.

“If he makes it then it will still be a really tough job,” said MX2 Team Manager Stefan Everts exclusively. “His leg will be weak and there will be a lack of fitness. To be honest a lot depends on Jordi and what he will do in the next motos.”

“It has been a tough time for Jeffrey and mentally it has been hard,” the Belgian added. “I have been through the same thing in waiting to get back quickly from injury; you end up counting the minutes.”

Herlings had been making a positive recovery from the clean fracture to the femur sustained in a charity race in July. He missed two Grand Prix but has since been hit with a stomach infection that slowed his rehab programme to be in the best possible shape in the shortest time frame. ‘84’ stopped using crutches to walk two weeks ago and insists he has no pain in the leg but being able to ride his 250SX-F – even for just a few points through two thirty minute and two lap motos (although he is fortunate that the gate numbers are lower than usual for both Brazil and Mexico) – will be a tall order.

“There is still a small chance he will show up for Mexico,” said Everts. It would have been better to make sure of it [the title] over four races and now we will have to wait and see. He has been doing everything he can. He has had many doctor visits, a lot of check-ups, bone treatments, swimming; everything to the maximum.”

So the Grand Prix of Goias will have one nervous TV viewer this weekend. Red Bull KTM will then keep tabs on whether they have to book an extra plane ticket during the week for Leon. Herlings race bike and mechanic Rami Falt are already in Trindade. “Jeffrey usually likes to arrive late for overseas races anyway,” informs Everts.

9/7/2014 7:51pm
I'll call it. No way Herlings can race on that femur...

He might think he can...but wait until the first G load is applied...he'll pull right off the track and think about crying...if he doesn't crash from the pain.

Anybody that has ever had a femur broken bad enough to need internal fixation knows this to be true.
hvaughn88
9/7/2014 7:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2014 7:59pm
I don't know the gp points structure, so forgive me, but what's the worst herlings can finish if he lines up and tixier were to go 1-1? Is it possible?
Edit: my bad, looks like it's been discussed earlier and I missed it
9/7/2014 8:12pm
23 points difference and there are 50 possible points left. They had 22 riders and pay points down to 20th. Herlings might be able to beat all the local wild card riders with a broken femur, but unless Tixier has a disastrous day that wont be enough to keep the title. If we give Herlings the points of the best placed wildcard in Brazil, that is 16th with 6 points per moto, that takes him from 23 up to 35. Tixier would have to score at least 2 4ths for 36 more points to win. Even if he lines up, I dont see Herlings being able to get two 16th place finishes, but who knows?
ky_savage
Fantasy
490th
9/7/2014 8:48pm
All it will take is a first turn crash or even a dab into the ground with that leg and he will wish he had stayed home. I think he's nuts for even thinking about racing.
enketchum
9/7/2014 9:06pm
Can't wait to see Herlings lining up for MX2 in 2015!!!!
KMC440
9/8/2014 5:44am
Regardless Jeffie should make the roadie if not to ride at least to add pressure and drama to the situation .... if i was Jeffie I'd be behind Tix on the gate telling him what a bad gate he had and how tricky the first corner is .. etc etc

Troy
9/8/2014 9:43am
In 2003 when Ryan Hughes rode with a broken leg, what exactly did he break? I'm assuming it wasn't the femur with the reactions Herlings is getting by even contemplating racing the final round.
kevinb
9/8/2014 10:13am
Troy wrote:
In 2003 when Ryan Hughes rode with a broken leg, what exactly did he break? I'm assuming it wasn't the femur with the reactions Herlings is...
In 2003 when Ryan Hughes rode with a broken leg, what exactly did he break? I'm assuming it wasn't the femur with the reactions Herlings is getting by even contemplating racing the final round.
I believe that Hughes broke his fibula which is the smaller non-weight bearing bone in the lower leg. Still a badass for racing with it but a long ways off from racing with a broken femur.
Robgvx
9/8/2014 10:20am
steed 2.0 wrote:
Latest news: Herlings has an infection, probably caused by the metal in his leg

http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/?news/2164881263/Infectie+verkleint+kans+op…

Infection reduces chances of comeback Jeffrey Herlings in World Cup battle

ELSENDORP - Motocross rider Jeffrey Herlings from Elsendorp has an infection received a setback in the recovery of his broken leg . As a result, only seems that he has narrowed in the last Grand Prix of this season to defend his world title on Sunday. Chance The decision will probably fall Wednesday.
The infection is presumably caused by the presence of metal in its broken thigh . The world champion from Elsendorp was therefore extra conditional behind . It is still unclear whether the fracture is restored to appear Sunday. Already starting sufficient Participation in the Grand Prix in Mexico has thus become a race against the clock.

Herlings worked hard in recent weeks to his recovery after he fell in July at a charity event in Belgium from the engine and broke his thigh . When the operation that followed, a pin has been placed in the leg in order to grow . The bone more rapidly to each other

Ahead 23 points
With only one Grand Prix to go into the World Herlings has a lead of 23 points on his French teammate Jordi Tixier . In the last two races in Mexico , a total of fifty points to earn .

Herlings itself is not available for comment . Via Twitter he allowed himself this weekend cryptic about his possible participation in the last Grand Prix .
kongols
9/8/2014 6:33pm
Is it true that it`s been raining for last 3 weeks in Mexico and the track is not built yet? Perhaps last round will be cancelled?
ayearinmx
9/8/2014 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2014 7:27pm
kongols wrote:
Is it true that it`s been raining for last 3 weeks in Mexico and the track is not built yet? Perhaps last round will be cancelled?
I've been here for a week (Leon and Puerto Vallarta) and it's pretty much rained without fail every evening... not during the day, just the evening time for a few hours and it's also been hot as balls during the day so you can barely tell when you wakr up the next day

not been to the track though
wow123
9/8/2014 9:23pm
He'd be crazy to race with an infection on top of a serious break, with the flying and in a tropical climate as well,
hes got years to go and even more years after racing.

Probably going to ruin his desire to break the records, but that is a vain pursuit anyway

9/9/2014 1:14am
wow123 wrote:
He'd be crazy to race with an infection on top of a serious break, with the flying and in a tropical climate as well, hes got...
He'd be crazy to race with an infection on top of a serious break, with the flying and in a tropical climate as well,
hes got years to go and even more years after racing.

Probably going to ruin his desire to break the records, but that is a vain pursuit anyway

It was a stomach infection that slowed down his recovery process, he doesn't have an i fection now from what I understand.

Here is what Everts said:

“It has been a tough time for Jeffrey and mentally it has been hard,” the Belgian added. “I have been through the same thing in waiting to get back quickly from injury; you end up counting the minutes.”

Herlings had been making a positive recovery from the clean fracture to the femur sustained in a charity race in July. He missed two Grand Prix but has since been hit with a stomach infection that slowed his rehab programme to be in the best possible shape in the shortest time frame. ‘84’ stopped using crutches to walk two weeks ago and insists he has no pain in the leg but being able to ride his 250SX-F – even for just a few points through two thirty minute and two lap motos (although he is fortunate that the gate numbers are lower than usual for both Brazil and Mexico) – will be a tall order.

“There is still a small chance he will show up for Mexico,” said Everts. It would have been better to make sure of it [the title] over four races and now we will have to wait and see. He has been doing everything he can. He has had many doctor visits, a lot of check-ups, bone treatments, swimming; everything to the maximum.”

Post a reply to: Tixier 23 pts down with one to go...

The Latest