Time for some crazy Vietnam scooter antics + SX tricks...

Motodude
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:39pm
..Viet burnout, 6 million scooters..need a new tyre, no problem.
..remember what we did on bobcats?
|
tvo314
1/13/2012 3:01am
I live have been living in Vietnam for a year and a half now and I can't even explain what goes on with those scooters (worth looking up on youtube though). Late at night there are illegal street races. And lately the police have been using fishing nets to catch the speeders. This of course causes massive crashes and often takes out innocent bystanders. They even have a special police force on scooters that are made up of ex- street racers. They ride in pairs and have AK-47's and an extra long baton. I often see the racers flat out with these guys hot on their tail blowing through all the intersections without even hesitating. But I also see a lot of fatalities on the road. Even just normal drivers blow my mind. For example, a mom on the cell phone going through a red light without looking with her two children who aren't wearing helmets. Or some genius going the wrong way down a dark one way street without any lights on . I can go on and on.

Just visited my friend in the hospital yesterday who had an accident and is today getting his face put back together. He was unconscious in the street for several hours before someone called an ambulance. Anyway sorry for the rant, and actually Vietnam is a very cool place, but the driving here is the one thing that makes me crazy.

The Shop

Cigaro
1/13/2012 3:16am
That loader vid is crazy!
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
1/13/2012 7:41am
I do that to my back tire before every moto. Helps warm everything up.
bullpen58
1/13/2012 8:30am
LMAO Scottie. "It's this whole different country".

That loader video blew my mind. Serious skill right there.
ocscottie
1/13/2012 12:51pm
the police have been using fishing nets to catch the speeders.

I want to see video of that!! Woohoo
burnside
1/13/2012 2:35pm
tvo314 wrote:
I live have been living in Vietnam for a year and a half now and I can't even explain what goes on with those scooters (worth...
I live have been living in Vietnam for a year and a half now and I can't even explain what goes on with those scooters (worth looking up on youtube though). Late at night there are illegal street races. And lately the police have been using fishing nets to catch the speeders. This of course causes massive crashes and often takes out innocent bystanders. They even have a special police force on scooters that are made up of ex- street racers. They ride in pairs and have AK-47's and an extra long baton. I often see the racers flat out with these guys hot on their tail blowing through all the intersections without even hesitating. But I also see a lot of fatalities on the road. Even just normal drivers blow my mind. For example, a mom on the cell phone going through a red light without looking with her two children who aren't wearing helmets. Or some genius going the wrong way down a dark one way street without any lights on . I can go on and on.

Just visited my friend in the hospital yesterday who had an accident and is today getting his face put back together. He was unconscious in the street for several hours before someone called an ambulance. Anyway sorry for the rant, and actually Vietnam is a very cool place, but the driving here is the one thing that makes me crazy.
Fishnet traps? You got any links to this stuff? Sounds like theres a documentary in that.
shanhard
1/13/2012 10:48pm
tvo314 wrote:
I live have been living in Vietnam for a year and a half now and I can't even explain what goes on with those scooters (worth...

My folks lived there for a few years too. I love the way the locals think that a saline drip will fix anything. It was common while I was there to see ppl on scooters with the passenger holding a saline bag above their heads. LOL
The doctors must've loved handing out those as placebos.

Post a reply to: Time for some crazy Vietnam scooter antics + SX tricks...

The Latest