Tim Gajser USA 2016

Edited Date/Time 5/23/2016 5:40am
Tim Gajser said in an interview that there's a serious discussion with honda to send him race some SX at the beginning of the 2016 season. Should be great to watch.
|
JMR1976
8/3/2015 11:12am
Why would you go to a second class series?Whistling
The Rock
8/3/2015 11:19am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2015 11:20am
Man what a GREAT idea. Nothing ever goes wrong when Euros (especially young ones) come over to race some SX before the GP season starts up.
The Rock
8/3/2015 11:22am
Send Gajser over at the END of the season not beginning. Finish the season, come to the states to get time on the SX test track then have him race MEC would be my advice.

The Shop

philG
8/3/2015 11:28am
Thats as dumb as preparing for GP's by riding at Milestone.

Cant see Roger Harvey wanting to risk a multi year investment when he needs to be the guy to win it in 2016 and the series will start end of february.
DonM
8/3/2015 11:31am
The Rock wrote:
Man what a GREAT idea. Nothing ever goes wrong when Euros (especially young ones) come over to race some SX before the GP season starts up.
Seemed to work for Bayle and DV and Roncoda and Roczen.....You think maybe it's because his goal may be to race full time in the US in the future? Probably a good move if that's the case...
Francis377
8/3/2015 11:32am
Gajser can make it work, he's special. Hope it happens
8/3/2015 11:34am
could be like a try-out and possible move in the future to the USA ....
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/3/2015 11:42am
Maybe he wants to go over to the US in 2017 fulltime, then it would make sense to get some SX races in (like Roczen did in 2011) - otherwise it's cool for us fans but there's a good chance it doesnt end so well :/
could be like a try-out and possible move in the future to the USA ....
He also said that he want to race in the US some day.
philG wrote:
Thats as dumb as preparing for GP's by riding at Milestone. Cant see Roger Harvey wanting to risk a multi year investment when he needs to...

Cant see Roger Harvey wanting to risk a multi year investment when he needs to be the guy to win it in 2016 and the series will start end of february.
Worked out ok for Ken Roczen in 2011. Rode 250 West, Daytona on a 350, and then went and won the MX2 Championship.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
8/3/2015 11:43am
Worked for KR, just don't try to win it all in the first SX race, he'll be good to go.
TeamGreen
8/3/2015 11:52am
Seems to me a young man might WANT to race some SX and might even have fun doing it on an HRC bike...maybe even a new bike that's made to go up against the "Factory Editions"...?

But, I'm sure I'm wrong...
The Rock
8/3/2015 11:55am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2015 11:55am
The Rock wrote:
DonM wrote:
Seemed to work for Bayle and DV and Roncoda and Roczen.....You think maybe it's because his goal may be to race full time in the US...
Seemed to work for Bayle and DV and Roncoda and Roczen.....You think maybe it's because his goal may be to race full time in the US in the future? Probably a good move if that's the case...
I try not to think....it makes my head hurt. :-)

To each their own but I like the way Rattray did it IE. move to the states race the Nationals THEN race SX.
Motoxdoc
8/3/2015 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2015 12:05pm
philG wrote:
Thats as dumb as preparing for GP's by riding at Milestone. Cant see Roger Harvey wanting to risk a multi year investment when he needs to...

To think RV prepared for the GP's by riding solely at Milestone is just stupid. However, when you think about it, the first few GP's WERE held on what were basically "parking lot" tracks...ala Milestone. By round 3 it looked like RV's preparation wasn't too far off after all.

IMO, if Gajser is interested in SX....the sooner he starts the better.
RG95
8/3/2015 12:04pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Why would you go to a second class series?Whistling
Because you might get tons of money by racing the second class series.
... and no, american supercross is not a second class series.
philG
8/3/2015 12:12pm
HRC put big bucks into signing Gajser to take it to Herlings, and be the man after he moved up , Roczen's KTM deal was done to win the world championship, and then go to the US , and ride for Roger (see the Red Bull series interviews) .

Honda doesnt need anyone in the US, they have Geico producing riders for fun , when Marvin & Roczen went over , KTM was still without a win , and when Dungey signed , a lot of people though it was a bad move, which has since been vindicated.

And since then , the GP series has gone from starting late March , to mid February , which means its nowhere near as good an idea as it used to be, doing the first 5 West Coast races and then going outdoor testing.

DonM
8/3/2015 12:14pm
The Rock wrote:
DonM wrote:
Seemed to work for Bayle and DV and Roncoda and Roczen.....You think maybe it's because his goal may be to race full time in the US...
The Rock wrote:
I try not to think....it makes my head hurt. :-) To each their own but I like the way Rattray did it IE. move to the...
I try not to think....it makes my head hurt. :-)

To each their own but I like the way Rattray did it IE. move to the states race the Nationals THEN race SX.
As you know racers race...it's all they know...Call it a test or tryout or maybe his new contract has the option to race in the States in the future...
DonM
8/3/2015 12:16pm
philG wrote:
HRC put big bucks into signing Gajser to take it to Herlings, and be the man after he moved up , Roczen's KTM deal was done...
HRC put big bucks into signing Gajser to take it to Herlings, and be the man after he moved up , Roczen's KTM deal was done to win the world championship, and then go to the US , and ride for Roger (see the Red Bull series interviews) .

Honda doesnt need anyone in the US, they have Geico producing riders for fun , when Marvin & Roczen went over , KTM was still without a win , and when Dungey signed , a lot of people though it was a bad move, which has since been vindicated.

And since then , the GP series has gone from starting late March , to mid February , which means its nowhere near as good an idea as it used to be, doing the first 5 West Coast races and then going outdoor testing.

You think maybe his contract has a US option? Didn't Herlings have that in one of his earlier contracts?
Question
8/3/2015 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2015 12:25pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/08/03/99809/s1200_Roczen.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/08/03/99811/s1200_Ken_Roczen.jpg[/img]

Been a fan of Roczen since then. That season was epic for him and he finished it awesome at the MXdN.

So far I do not see why everybody like Gajser so much, so I will be pumped if I see him preparing in the US during the winter. With the support of Honda, it is rare, was the last time ... JMB and Pichon ?

It worked for Roczen, not so much for CP or Paulin as they came back injured, probably due to some inexperience but also the will to kill it immediately, so let us see. It is a good thing and a bummer that the MXGP starts so soon, it cuts the riders to try to do the sx lites. That is why it would be cool to see him at 2 or 3 Nationals during August.

8/3/2015 12:30pm
Hmm, seems a bit mad IMO considering the GP season start date but he's a kid after all, if Honda don't mind the possibility of losing their only hope in the 250 GP series then I say have at it.

Can't see his team manager being overly hyped abut this and possible connotations
ayearinmx
8/3/2015 12:35pm
philG wrote:
HRC put big bucks into signing Gajser to take it to Herlings, and be the man after he moved up , Roczen's KTM deal was done...

you needed to be in the press conference....

Roger Harvey was very open about letting Tim do SX or National races if he wanted to, in the future. It didn't really sound like a long-term goal to move over full-time (this could definitely change) but I know Tim has always wanted try SX
Xavier
8/3/2015 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2015 12:38pm
It still is.
philG
8/3/2015 1:51pm
DonM wrote:
You think maybe his contract has a US option? Didn't Herlings have that in one of his earlier contracts?
I would be surprised.. Gajser was signed on a 4 year deal from the EMX series,in 2013 for 2014, Garibaldi Honda got factory backing, and this is the second season, he was expected to be the main man , and if he didnt beat Herlings , he was on course to be the next big thing for sure, he is still very young and has the possibilty to win 2 titles and at least 4 years to do it.

I would hazard a guess that HRC would have a possibilty to go MXGP early in the contract, but i dont see them wanting to lose him to the USA , when they want to win the World Championship more than anything.

philG
8/3/2015 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2015 2:10pm
ayearinmx wrote:
you needed to be in the press conference.... Roger Harvey was very open about letting Tim do SX or National races if he wanted to, in...
you needed to be in the press conference....

Roger Harvey was very open about letting Tim do SX or National races if he wanted to, in the future. It didn't really sound like a long-term goal to move over full-time (this could definitely change) but I know Tim has always wanted try SX
Fair enough, i wasnt there this weekend (not that i get in the press room ) , If thats what he said , thats what he said, but would imagine he isnt thrilled about it. Like i said earlier , with the longer GP season, its not the lure it used to be when GP's didnt start so early.

In fact , a quick look at the old calendars show us that until 2012 , the series didnt kick off till first week in April, in 2011 it was Bulgaria on 10th April... was that the one where they tried to do it internet only ??
HenryA
8/3/2015 3:50pm
The Rock wrote:
Hahahaha, excellent. Laughing
kiwifan
8/3/2015 5:08pm
The lad has some mad skills, I hope he does well
bvm111
8/3/2015 6:32pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Seems to me a young man might WANT to race some SX and might even have fun doing it on an HRC bike...maybe even a new...
Seems to me a young man might WANT to race some SX and might even have fun doing it on an HRC bike...maybe even a new bike that's made to go up against the "Factory Editions"...?

But, I'm sure I'm wrong...
Damn you manny and your little hints you like to drop.... I hate and love you for it Tongue

Post a reply to: Tim Gajser USA 2016

The Latest