Tim Gajser U.S. 2018

aroark247
2/16/2017 5:37pm
Is this still his plan to come to the U.S. next year?
|
mxjon454
2/16/2017 5:39pm
Hopefully. Would love to see him over here full time. And if he came over with factory honda, thatd make them run a 3 man team, which i think all factory 450 teams should do
Adam43
2/16/2017 5:41pm
He originally intended to be here for 2017. If he wins the title again, I imagine he will be given the chance. If he gets beat down by Herlings or Cairoli, Honda will likely want to keep him there.
2/16/2017 5:52pm
Yup. Sounds like he's really excited about coming here for the long term too
davistld01
2/16/2017 7:14pm
Gajser ain't no Roczen.

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
2/16/2017 7:19pm
davistld01 wrote:
Gajser ain't no Roczen.
Elaborate
flymoto
2/16/2017 7:24pm
Would be a shame to loose gajser. Interesting at the same time to see how he fares against the big hitters from over the pond. I can't help but think it's a step down though, especially how stacked the GP's are now. Don't get me wrong I don't think he would dominate, but he would do some serious damage in not much time. Lifestyle is 100x better though in the US i imagine.

Have I just opened a can of worms?
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
2/16/2017 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2017 7:39pm
flymoto wrote:
Would be a shame to loose gajser. Interesting at the same time to see how he fares against the big hitters from over the pond. I...
Would be a shame to loose gajser. Interesting at the same time to see how he fares against the big hitters from over the pond. I can't help but think it's a step down though, especially how stacked the GP's are now. Don't get me wrong I don't think he would dominate, but he would do some serious damage in not much time. Lifestyle is 100x better though in the US i imagine.

Have I just opened a can of worms?
Not at all. There have never been disagreements about GP's vs. AMA moto. Everyone gets along and arrive at a mutual agreement quickly, and without fanfare. 1 page, at best.
davistld01
2/16/2017 7:31pm
davistld01 wrote:
Gajser ain't no Roczen.
kzizok wrote:
Elaborate
Kenny came to America, and almost instantly "got it". He adjusted quickly to the American style of racing, being ultra aggressive and 100% on the gas from beginning to end...whereas Euro GP-style is more blitz-cruise-blitz with riders conserving energy for a push for the finish in the last few laps of a race. I don't believe Gajser can adapt as fast.
zehn
2/16/2017 7:41pm
davistld01 wrote:
Gajser ain't no Roczen.
kzizok wrote:
Elaborate
davistld01 wrote:
Kenny came to America, and almost instantly "got it". He adjusted quickly to the American style of racing, being ultra aggressive and 100% on the gas...
Kenny came to America, and almost instantly "got it". He adjusted quickly to the American style of racing, being ultra aggressive and 100% on the gas from beginning to end...whereas Euro GP-style is more blitz-cruise-blitz with riders conserving energy for a push for the finish in the last few laps of a race. I don't believe Gajser can adapt as fast.
Not sure if I agree with you here but time will tell
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
2/16/2017 7:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2017 7:50pm
davistld01 wrote:
Gajser ain't no Roczen.
kzizok wrote:
Elaborate
davistld01 wrote:
Kenny came to America, and almost instantly "got it". He adjusted quickly to the American style of racing, being ultra aggressive and 100% on the gas...
Yeah, Kenny did do an exceptional job of adapting really quick. I was just confused as your comment is based in the present, about the unknown future.

Edit: Spelling
davistld01
2/16/2017 7:48pm
kzizok wrote:
Elaborate
davistld01 wrote:
kzizok wrote:
Yeah, Kenny did do an exceptional job of adapting really quick. I was just confused as your comment is based in the present, about the unknown...
Yeah, Kenny did do an exceptional job of adapting really quick. I was just confused as your comment is based in the present, about the unknown future.

Edit: Spelling
I totally agree, and it's based on my opinion only. I'm all for good racing though, so I hope I'm wrong & Tim comes over and kicks butt! Smile
early
Fantasy
2139th
2/16/2017 7:51pm
davistld01 wrote:
Gajser ain't no Roczen.
kzizok wrote:
Elaborate
davistld01 wrote:
Have you watched Gajser race? Your comment is ridiculous.
2/16/2017 8:05pm
kzizok wrote:
Elaborate
davistld01 wrote:
early wrote:
Hahahaha, I thought the same thing. If there's a knock on Gajser, it's that he charges like a bat out of hell, even when he doesn't need to. How many times have you seem him crash out of a decent lead?
2/16/2017 8:27pm
kzizok wrote:
Elaborate
davistld01 wrote:
early wrote:
Agreed, Gajser just kicked everyone's ass all year round and you "don't think he'd adapt" ?

I will be very surprised it Gajser don't win the championship again.

Also he will adapt to the us even better than Roczen IMO. It took Roczen several years to win a championship, gajser could do it year 1.

With that being said, either he has been taking it easy in these Italian championship races or they don't have that new bike figured out yet. I hope it's the take it easy approach, cause he seems off.
Xeno
2/16/2017 8:39pm
We're not talking Supercross are we?
Jerkolantern
2/16/2017 8:52pm
He'd be lucky to win a LCQ seeing how stacked the states are. No disrespect of course, we're just really stacked right now...
davistld01
2/16/2017 9:01pm
kzizok wrote:
Elaborate
davistld01 wrote:
early wrote:
Yep, sure have. But I've yet to see him race SX or an American-style track...have you?
kiwifan
2/16/2017 10:36pm
Agreed, Gajser just kicked everyone's ass all year round and you "don't think he'd adapt" ? I will be very surprised it Gajser don't win the...
Agreed, Gajser just kicked everyone's ass all year round and you "don't think he'd adapt" ?

Also he will adapt to the us even better than Roczen IMO. It took Roczen several years to win a championship, gajser could do it year 1.

With that being said, either he has been taking it easy in these Italian championship races or they don't have that new bike figured out yet. I hope it's the take it easy approach, cause he seems off.
then again he doesnt need to be in peak form yet....
motosurf
2/16/2017 10:38pm
davistld01 wrote:
early wrote:
Agreed, Gajser just kicked everyone's ass all year round and you "don't think he'd adapt" ? I will be very surprised it Gajser don't win the...

Year 1?? What kind of foreign weed are you smoking? Lol. Cmon man, not to take anything away from gajser but I don't see him getting a win at all in year 1 if he comes here. Roczen, Dungey, Anderson, Webb, Reed, Tomac. Dudes who have ridden and raced US tracks year in and year out. Gajser getting a win is a long shot.
MotoX85
2/16/2017 10:48pm
He'd be lucky to win a LCQ seeing how stacked the states are. No disrespect of course, we're just really stacked right now...
Good, I agree, which is another reason to get rid of supercross. Is rather have the best racers in our series instead ofbeing able to sit in stadium seat. Make it all outdoors and we would have all the best riders here
Skidaddle
2/16/2017 10:53pm
Barcia to the GPs.
USMCMXer
2/16/2017 11:22pm
I think you guys forget Roczen spent several years racing a 250? If you dont think Gajser can come here and be immediately competitive in SX and MX on a 250, you're crazy! If he rides big bikes right away (which would be stupid, especially in SX), he will take a minute to adjust, but will be fine. Remember, you can work with speed, and he has that in droves!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
2/16/2017 11:47pm
aroark247 wrote:
Is this still his plan to come to the U.S. next year?
I hope he does, the more top GP riders we get the better the racing is here in the US. Cool I would like to see more of them come over.
Motofinne
2/16/2017 11:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2017 12:32am
davistld01 wrote:
Gajser ain't no Roczen.
kzizok wrote:
Elaborate
davistld01 wrote:
This is such a old fashion way of looking at the GPs. You have clearly not watched Gajser or all these younger guys ride regularly. They are wild on the bikes from lap one, i would say that Gajsers biggest weakness at the moment is the fact that he goes balls out 99% of the time.

MBR
2/17/2017 12:04am
USMCMXer wrote:
I think you guys forget Roczen spent several years racing a 250? If you dont think Gajser can come here and be immediately competitive in SX...
I think you guys forget Roczen spent several years racing a 250? If you dont think Gajser can come here and be immediately competitive in SX and MX on a 250, you're crazy! If he rides big bikes right away (which would be stupid, especially in SX), he will take a minute to adjust, but will be fine. Remember, you can work with speed, and he has that in droves!
He will go straight to 450.
NVA57
Fantasy
1742nd
2/17/2017 12:26am
davistld01 wrote:
Gajser ain't no Roczen.
kzizok wrote:
Elaborate
davistld01 wrote:
Roczen was struggling with heat in the first two years. Pourcel was an Euro that instantly got it.
JB 19
2/17/2017 12:26am
davistld01 wrote:
Gajser ain't no Roczen.
kzizok wrote:
Elaborate
davistld01 wrote:

philG
2/17/2017 12:36am
I love a good laugh first thing in the morning... that's funny right there.

Im sure he will struggle to beat the 722 in his first season.

Quality bellendery
Turbojez
2/17/2017 12:53am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2017 12:55am
When and if Gajser makes a move to US to race, I'm sure he will be battling for top 3 right off the bat (in the nationals).

That being said, I hope he doesn't make a move for 2 reasons:
1. Real SX track would probably leave him with broken bones, as he hits the ground quite often and SX has proven to be less forgiving in that, than outdoor tracks. Unless he takes his time to adapt to SX, baby steps.
2. MXGP will be stacked with him, Cairoli, Febvre and Herlings and fun to watch. FUN!
2/17/2017 1:09am
philG wrote:
I love a good laugh first thing in the morning... that's funny right there. Im sure he will struggle to beat the 722 in his first...
I love a good laugh first thing in the morning... that's funny right there.

Im sure he will struggle to beat the 722 in his first season.

Quality bellendery
Hahahahah! Brilliant! Quality bellendery......

Post a reply to: Tim Gajser U.S. 2018

The Latest