Tim Gajser - Broken Shoulder Blade

GD2
Fantasy
1081st
Edited Date/Time 6/2/2017 3:27pm
Not good news for Tim.

Sport-TV.si: "Gajser who first fell crashed in the race World Championship in Latvia, but still tried to race in Germany. Last weekend pulled out of the World Cup race in France and he went home for a detailed investigation. Overview of the official medical service of the race did not show fractures and Gajser therefore competed in Germany in unbearable pain. Only detailed examinations of the Maribor University Medical Center have revealed the true dimension of injury, fracture of the scapula. "I can not believe we were in Germany for the medical service of the race after the x-ray argued that nothing is broken, and we sent Tim to start. It's been strange to have such pain. Now we know that it is evil. In such a demanding course was raced with a broken blade, I do not dare to think how it could be worse. If I knew earlier, Tim in Germany would not be competing, but would immediately begin to rehabilitate the injury, " he explained Tim's father and coach Bogomir Gajser. Tim, with the assistance of experts from Maribor this week began with the recovery. How long it will take, however, it is not yet known and therefore his performance in the next race of the World Cup on 11 June in Russia, remains questionable. "Health comes first and it may happen that we will race in Russia released. All will be known at the end of next week, when we saw Tim, how's recovery, " he added Bogomir."

Thanks to fpandjic for sending this our way.
|
6/2/2017 8:39am
twotwosix wrote:
How did they miss that!?!
The same way the medical staff who attended him, failed to notice that he was obviously concussed & didn't know what planet he was on but still let him carry on.
cameron96
6/2/2017 8:45am
twotwosix wrote:
The same way the medical staff who attended him, failed to notice that he was obviously concussed & didn't know what planet he was on but...
The same way the medical staff who attended him, failed to notice that he was obviously concussed & didn't know what planet he was on but still let him carry on.
That happens a lot in this sport lol

The Shop

6/2/2017 8:49am
twotwosix wrote:
The same way the medical staff who attended him, failed to notice that he was obviously concussed & didn't know what planet he was on but...
cameron96 wrote:
Vey true I know but I very much doubt the medics who attend have no real interest in the sport, they're there to help riders if need be. So if someone who cannot stand up without support must be stopped from riding?
jeffro503
6/2/2017 8:53am
cameron96 wrote:
Vey true I know but I very much doubt the medics who attend have no real interest in the sport, they're there to help riders if...
Vey true I know but I very much doubt the medics who attend have no real interest in the sport, they're there to help riders if need be. So if someone who cannot stand up without support must be stopped from riding?
An on the fly assessment of a rider is just about impossible. The rider may not of hit his head at all and is just beat up every where else from the crash. This plays out in the riders own judgement skills , on weather or not they should get back going again in the race. It's a tough call.
Rowlands
6/2/2017 9:00am
Turns out Tim isn't made of rubber after all. It's honestly amazing how many crashes he has got away with without any real injuries.

This really sucks as it was looking like all the expected top GP guys where coming into form to challenge the speed of Gajser. I guess this is motocross. Heal up TG243
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
6/2/2017 9:18am
That sucks you take arguably the fastest rider out of a series. Luckily he is only 20 years old and has plenty of time to do some damage. Honda was looking to sweep every major 450 title this year and now they will get nothing.
Camp332
6/2/2017 9:27am
Damn! Feel better and heal quick TG!

those shoulder blades hurt! I almost puked from the pain right on the track Sick
twotwosix
6/2/2017 9:40am
jeffro503 wrote:
An on the fly assessment of a rider is just about impossible. The rider may not of hit his head at all and is just beat...
An on the fly assessment of a rider is just about impossible. The rider may not of hit his head at all and is just beat up every where else from the crash. This plays out in the riders own judgement skills , on weather or not they should get back going again in the race. It's a tough call.
I don't want to be negative, but I think that it's the exact opposite of this. It should be the medical safety team who make that call. Not a concussed rider...
agn5009
6/2/2017 11:19am
I've broken my shoulder blade. It sucks but he will be back and hopefully better than ever.
6/2/2017 11:58am
twotwosix wrote:
I posted on that a while ago -- the FIM should have some kinda standards on concussion protocols that would've subjected him to immediate evaluation whether HRC liked it or not.
6/2/2017 12:04pm
twotwosix wrote:
I posted on that a while ago -- the FIM should have some kinda standards on concussion protocols that would've subjected him to immediate evaluation whether...
I posted on that a while ago -- the FIM should have some kinda standards on concussion protocols that would've subjected him to immediate evaluation whether HRC liked it or not.
Exactly. When I see him staggering around like that, I was well thats him done for the weekend. Surprised to see him racing the next day. Over here, if a jockey gets concussed, I believe its a one week ban from riding.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
6/2/2017 1:07pm
Nightmare year for Honda.
Been a few nightmare years for Honda recently
Motofinne
6/2/2017 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2017 1:21pm
Nightmare year for Honda.
MX Guy wrote:
Been a few nightmare years for Honda recently
Well they won MotoGP 2016 with Marquez but his success is 90% because of his own brilliance and not the bike, i wonder what he could've done these years on the Yamaha.

Horrible year for Honda in every way. F1 is an embarrassment from their part, Gajser, Roczen, Seely and Bobby got hurt, MotoGP is going so so for both Marquez and Pedrosa, the new Fireblade in SBK is junk and then the incredibly tragic death of Nicky. It has been a rough year.

I hope Gajser doesn't rush back to the races, the title is over for him. Just aim at 2018, or 2017 MEC.
Motoxdoc
6/2/2017 2:35pm
twotwosix wrote:
It's called an occult fracture.....look it up.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
6/2/2017 3:26pm
twotwosix wrote:
I posted on that a while ago -- the FIM should have some kinda standards on concussion protocols that would've subjected him to immediate evaluation whether...
Yeah they asked him what was his name? he said my name is "JESUS"they let him go
machine
6/2/2017 8:33pm
Camp332 wrote:
Damn! Feel better and heal quick TG!

those shoulder blades hurt! I almost puked from the pain right on the track Sick
Yep that was the most pain I've ever felt out of all my injuries, i couldn't even imagine riding with one. I am constantly amazed the pain that top guys ride through they are tough mofos...

Post a reply to: Tim Gajser - Broken Shoulder Blade

The Latest