Thoughts on selling some items from my collection

BrianMnMoto
9/2/2014 11:12am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2014 7:01am
I'm looking for some feedback. I'm thinking about selling off some of the items that I collected when I was a mechanic. Would this forum or ebay be the better option? Or tandem list the items on both sites and provide ebay link on here? Items I am considering selling are:

1 2009 Wil Hahn Helmet
2 2007 Kyle Cunningham helmet
3 Unopened bottle of champagne from J-law championship in Seattle 2008 from Von Zipper ( might be tricky to ship ? )
4 RC hard charger award from Lakewood, CO 2009
5 Dunlop podium hat
6 assortment of used race number plates, mostly KC-622, WH-50, couple Ty Bowers 391,
|
tprice07
9/2/2014 11:30am
eBay + link on here probably the best route from what I can tell. I am not sure if people are okay with posting that stuff here but I wouldn't care...a lot of times I enjoy seeing what stuff is on eBay and i wouldn't know about it if it wasn't from this forum
BrianMnMoto
9/2/2014 11:35am
My thoughts exactly. I worry about the items not getting noticed on Ebay as much as they would on here.
braaap
Fantasy
2090th
9/2/2014 11:38am
I'm a long time eBayer but I'm getting burnt out on their restrictive policies and rising charges. I'm about to sell off some stuff but I think I'll list them here first this time. Always seems to be several on here wanting to buying if your price is reasonable.

The only thing that you may miss out on without eBay is the crazy bidding wars that happen every once in awhile.

Another word of wisdom; be sure of the shipping price before quoting. They have risen dramatically in the last couple of years.
500guy
9/2/2014 12:07pm
I call bullshit on any J-Law unopened bottles. J/K

The Shop

MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
9/2/2014 2:39pm
Hey GuyB, ever consider a forum tab for stuff for sale? Can imagine quite a few guys using it to get in touch with fellow Moto-heads.
9/2/2014 2:41pm
There is a Forum tab for stuff FOR SALE its called The Bazaar !
BrianMnMoto
9/2/2014 3:34pm
I am aware of that section. I'm mostly looking for advice whether its more beneficial to list items on here where true moto guys will see them, or hope that someone finds them on Ebay. I do like the idea of the bidding process increasing the value as braaap suggested previously, however if nobody ever even sees the items then there will be no bidding process to benefit from. Again, just looking for input on the best ways to sell items like this.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
9/2/2014 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2014 3:39pm
I am aware of that section. I'm mostly looking for advice whether its more beneficial to list items on here where true moto guys will see...
I am aware of that section. I'm mostly looking for advice whether its more beneficial to list items on here where true moto guys will see them, or hope that someone finds them on Ebay. I do like the idea of the bidding process increasing the value as braaap suggested previously, however if nobody ever even sees the items then there will be no bidding process to benefit from. Again, just looking for input on the best ways to sell items like this.
The bidding would happen here as well. I would put it on eBay and get the word out in every Moto forum/site you can
Electro21
Fantasy
66th
9/2/2014 4:23pm
I'm looking for some feedback. I'm thinking about selling off some of the items that I collected when I was a mechanic. Would this forum or...
I'm looking for some feedback. I'm thinking about selling off some of the items that I collected when I was a mechanic. Would this forum or ebay be the better option? Or tandem list the items on both sites and provide ebay link on here? Items I am considering selling are:

1 2009 Wil Hahn Helmet
3 Unopened bottle of champagne from J-law championship in Seattle 2008 from Von Zipper ( might be tricky to ship ? )
5 Dunlop podium hat
6 assortment of used race number plates, mostly KC-622, WH-50, couple Ty Bowers 391,
It is illegal to ship the champagne through USPS, but not illegal to ship through private shippers like Fed Ex or UPS, just against their policy. As long as you package well you will be fine. When they ask what's in the box just tell them it is a trophy.

I home brew beer and enter competitions, I haven't had any issues, and it's how most people do it. Double bag it and and lots of bubble wrap.
BrianMnMoto
9/2/2014 5:02pm
Ah I would have never thought of that Electro21 ! Thanks for the good advice.
albythizzle
9/2/2014 6:32pm
I am very interested in a few of these items.... How did you get your hands on this gold?
BrianMnMoto
9/2/2014 7:12pm
I am very interested in a few of these items.... How did you get your hands on this gold?
Albythizzle, I was a mechanic for Yamaha of Troy and MDK KTM team
9/3/2014 7:01am
I'm looking for some feedback. I'm thinking about selling off some of the items that I collected when I was a mechanic. Would this forum or...

1 2009 Wil Hahn Helmet
5 Dunlop podium hat
Airline Pilot shops have wine bottle shipping bags... it basically looks like an arm floatie that you put on a child. I'm sure that you can find something similar out in the real world.

Post a reply to: Thoughts on selling some items from my collection

The Latest