Thoughts on James Stewart deciding not to race San Diego?

Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 10:57pm
Just wondering what your thoughts are
|
Regis
Fantasy
340th
1/16/2016 7:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 7:48pm
Good for him.

Leave it to those in the know to make the decision. He passed the tests, didn't feel right and pulled out. No way a baseline test is a tell all, although it is great indicator.. Only the rider knows for sure.

Nothing more.
1/16/2016 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 7:53pm
I think its very smart of him to be honest with himself.

I think we need higher standards and minimum " out " time for our riders who sustain any grade of concussion, even the ones at the practice tracks that dont get talked about.

Tbis are just now coming to the forefront of attention nationally in sports and its time to take a forward thinking and progressive approach to keep our riders safe.

There is so much more life after a racing career.
1/16/2016 7:54pm
Regis wrote:
Good for him. Leave it to those in the know to make the decision. He passed the tests, didn't feel right and pulled out. No way...
Good for him.

Leave it to those in the know to make the decision. He passed the tests, didn't feel right and pulled out. No way a baseline test is a tell all, although it is great indicator.. Only the rider knows for sure.

Nothing more.
I feel the same way. Stewart is very smart on this decision. He may have just thrown away number 1 for this season, but better to be safe than sorry!

The Shop

Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
1/16/2016 8:07pm
He hit the ground hard, I am surprised he tried to race at all, props for trying. Maybe next week.
mumhra
1/16/2016 8:07pm
Kinda expected something like this. Never was a fan of the guy and i never will be. The things he does on a dirtbike is incredible to see, but there is always so much drama offtrack with the guy.
My youngest son is a big fan of James. He was stoked to hear that James was cleared to race. Before he went to bed i told him not to get his hopes up to high. I actually told him that it would not surprise me is Stew was not at the start line. Kid is going to be bummed when he wakes up in the morning and sees that his father is right... again Sad

That said, Stewart made the right decision if he really felt dizzy after the practice. I just can't understand how it is possible that he did not know this earlier. Hasn't he touched his bike all week long ?
mumhra
1/16/2016 8:14pm
moto455va wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/01/16/120128/s1200_owxzNDC.jpg[/img]

Not really. Looks like i'm the first one in this thread Tongue

Sorry for not kissing his ass ....
mumhra
1/16/2016 8:16pm
Ok. Did not know that.
Maybe not a smart decision. Maybe he should've tried a few laps back at home. If i am correct he has a small sx track next to his tiny house Laughing
John250
1/16/2016 8:19pm
Guy was cleared to race. Practiced a couple rounds of practice. As a professional racer, he is paid to win Championships. Should have been on the gate to collect some points. You have to race through adversity sometimes.

I think he saw he was 2.5 seconds a lap slower than Dungey and pulled out. Been almost 7 years since Bubba won a Championship. He is wasting a ride for someone that would be on the gate.

Just another race and another year of Bubba drama. I know I am over it.
1/16/2016 8:25pm
John250 wrote:
Guy was cleared to race. Practiced a couple rounds of practice. As a professional racer, he is paid to win Championships. Should have been on the...
Guy was cleared to race. Practiced a couple rounds of practice. As a professional racer, he is paid to win Championships. Should have been on the gate to collect some points. You have to race through adversity sometimes.

I think he saw he was 2.5 seconds a lap slower than Dungey and pulled out. Been almost 7 years since Bubba won a Championship. He is wasting a ride for someone that would be on the gate.

Yeah he should go out there dizzy and with his sensory input still slower than normal and risk a serious, permanent debilitating injury.

The way you think is hilarious.
MXR2NV
1/16/2016 8:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2016 9:24am
I don't know anymore, to many setbacks year after year it seems, but in the old days it was always Game On! We must respect James and what he has decided; he has more than earned it don't you think?
VET176
1/16/2016 8:38pm
Very, Very smart move. And well done Yoshi Suzuki. Respect to both.
1/16/2016 8:54pm
Only James knows what was going on in his head.... Without knowing what he was feeling, experiencing, there is no way for us to judge his decision.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
1/16/2016 10:32pm
John250 wrote:
Guy was cleared to race. Practiced a couple rounds of practice. As a professional racer, he is paid to win Championships. Should have been on the...

Wow, I don't think anyone pays him to go out if it's unsafe. On a good day the danger
level is high. In your opinion, at what point is it OK to let an injury heal?
Or is it not an injury because you can't see it?
adastramx
1/16/2016 10:45pm
Takes a lot of heart and smarts to say I'm not okay to ride today.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
1/16/2016 10:49pm
Kudos to James.... Very smart on his part.
Cancerman
1/16/2016 10:52pm
Smart move. There is always another race. He had a close one in practice, rode the front wheel all the way into a corner. I thought he was going down. After that, he parked it. Smart man. I don't want to see him on the ground anymore.
1/16/2016 10:57pm
Just wondering what your thoughts are
I think 4thGearPinned pretty much owns this place for a while.
Yeah I'm the bad guy for wanting to take a look at the protocol in place and raise the standards, come up with better regulations and mandates to protect our riders.

Only on Vital. I Swear.

Post a reply to: Thoughts on James Stewart deciding not to race San Diego?

The Latest