Thoughts of Two Strokes

Void Main
7/18/2008 7:42am
ProMed wrote:
Cool to see so many guys enjoying 2-strokes, I am sure the AHRMA guys are pumped! Looking forward to picking up a KTM300 with the e-start...
Cool to see so many guys enjoying 2-strokes, I am sure the AHRMA guys are pumped! Looking forward to picking up a KTM300 with the e-start for hare scramble use myself,
A buddy of mine picked one of those up a few months back. VERY nice machine. Wish I could afford one but my '03 YZ250 is still doing well for me so...
WhKnuckle
7/18/2008 5:05pm
how much weight??
todder wrote:
9 oz. It doesn't really slow the revs down, it just is harder to stall and you can run a gear higher in a lot of...
9 oz. It doesn't really slow the revs down, it just is harder to stall and you can run a gear higher in a lot of sections.
jtomasik wrote:
I really need to install the extra flywheel that came with my bike. My RM hits like a monster (yeah, too much, but I love it)...
I really need to install the extra flywheel that came with my bike. My RM hits like a monster (yeah, too much, but I love it). I should try my bike with the heavy flywheel installed. Maybe I'll do it for my next visit to Cygnus's.
I ran a flywheel weight on my old 500 at one time, but I took it off because it made the bike vibrate more. I liked the effect on the engine in that it was less tiring to ride, but I didn't think it was as much fun.
djp2k8
7/18/2008 5:32pm
todder wrote:
9 oz. It doesn't really slow the revs down, it just is harder to stall and you can run a gear higher in a lot of...
9 oz. It doesn't really slow the revs down, it just is harder to stall and you can run a gear higher in a lot of sections.
jtomasik wrote:
I really need to install the extra flywheel that came with my bike. My RM hits like a monster (yeah, too much, but I love it)...
I really need to install the extra flywheel that came with my bike. My RM hits like a monster (yeah, too much, but I love it). I should try my bike with the heavy flywheel installed. Maybe I'll do it for my next visit to Cygnus's.
WhKnuckle wrote:
I ran a flywheel weight on my old 500 at one time, but I took it off because it made the bike vibrate more. I liked...
I ran a flywheel weight on my old 500 at one time, but I took it off because it made the bike vibrate more. I liked the effect on the engine in that it was less tiring to ride, but I didn't think it was as much fun.
My last 250 was an '03 RM250. I had Eric Gorr port it and give it a broader powerband. It was incredible. More power all around but much easier to ride. It took out the violent hit in the middle.
Mod Killer
7/18/2008 5:46pm
i absolutely LOVED my '03 KX125. if i could have that bike back i would in a heartbeat!!!

Im interested in the KTM150. How would it do in Glamis? I would hate to have to own two bikes (one for the dirt and one for the sand) but Ive always ridden 250t's because 125's just burn up in the sand. Does anyone know how a 150 would do?

Or should I just look for a leftover KX250 or '08 RM250 for this winters riding?

thx.

The Shop

CamP
7/18/2008 6:50pm
The only thing I miss about two strokes is the sound.
sean
7/18/2008 6:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2008 7:02pm
Two stroke motors only foreseeable future is being used in a snowmobile, boatmotor and lawn trimming equiptment. Places where a fourstroke motor can't compete.
Mod Killer
7/18/2008 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:41pm
sean wrote:
Two stroke motors only foreseeable future is being used in a snowmobile, boatmotor and lawn trimming equiptment. Places where a fourstroke motor can't compete.
um....without the silly displacement disparity they cant compete in this arena either.

a 125f vs a 125t is a no contest as far as speed & reliability. and a two stroke will always handle better than a thumper.

same with a 250f vs a 250t.

a 450f vs a 500t is only close because a 500 has so much power its pretty much un-rideable outside of the dunes.

there really is no comparison between 2's and 4's unless a thumper has a huge displacement advantage and even then the debate rages on. in the handling/power/reliability areas the twosmoke has the thumper covered across the board.
Moto547
7/18/2008 7:27pm
Mod Killer wrote:
um....without the silly displacement disparity they cant compete in this arena either. a 125f vs a 125t is a no contest as far as speed &...
um....without the silly displacement disparity they cant compete in this arena either.

a 125f vs a 125t is a no contest as far as speed & reliability. and a two stroke will always handle better than a thumper.

same with a 250f vs a 250t.

a 450f vs a 500t is only close because a 500 has so much power its pretty much un-rideable outside of the dunes.

there really is no comparison between 2's and 4's unless a thumper has a huge displacement advantage and even then the debate rages on. in the handling/power/reliability areas the twosmoke has the thumper covered across the board.
haha a "125f."
thats cute.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
7/18/2008 8:04pm
Mod Killer wrote:
i absolutely LOVED my '03 KX125. if i could have that bike back i would in a heartbeat!!! Im interested in the KTM150. How would it...
i absolutely LOVED my '03 KX125. if i could have that bike back i would in a heartbeat!!!

Im interested in the KTM150. How would it do in Glamis? I would hate to have to own two bikes (one for the dirt and one for the sand) but Ive always ridden 250t's because 125's just burn up in the sand. Does anyone know how a 150 would do?

Or should I just look for a leftover KX250 or '08 RM250 for this winters riding?

thx.
Just pick up a nice KX/CR500 or a KTM550 or 380, and never take the paddle off. Slap some "250" stickers on there, and just shrug you shoulders when every 450 rider is confused as to how you accelerated up a hill they had to downshift on.

Heck, for the price of the 150, you could have the KX125 and a big-bore bike, and have cash left over.
Mod Killer
7/18/2008 8:08pm
haha thanx...ive actually thought about getting a service honda KX500.

but youre right, for the price of that bike or the 150, i could go find my kx125 and get an rm250 couldnt i. that solves that.
SS
7/18/2008 8:21pm
Tiki wrote:
There were a couple of KTM 144's around the track last night. Man they sound good. Would really like to dig a ride on one. Still...
There were a couple of KTM 144's around the track last night. Man they sound good. Would really like to dig a ride on one.

Still the two strokes were louder in the arena then the four strokes, it was basic revs. Im sure you could hear the four strokes further away.
So you douche bags would rather not ride than ride a 4 stroke???? I love to ride no matter what bike it is... because I love riding. Seriously, what type of bitch ass pussy is so finicky that they would give up riding because the bike is a 4 stroke... you guys should give up riding because your dumbshits, not because you would have to ride 4 strokes
ProMed
7/18/2008 8:28pm
Tiki wrote:
There were a couple of KTM 144's around the track last night. Man they sound good. Would really like to dig a ride on one. Still...
There were a couple of KTM 144's around the track last night. Man they sound good. Would really like to dig a ride on one.

Still the two strokes were louder in the arena then the four strokes, it was basic revs. Im sure you could hear the four strokes further away.
SS wrote:
So you douche bags would rather not ride than ride a 4 stroke???? I love to ride no matter what bike it is... because I love...
So you douche bags would rather not ride than ride a 4 stroke???? I love to ride no matter what bike it is... because I love riding. Seriously, what type of bitch ass pussy is so finicky that they would give up riding because the bike is a 4 stroke... you guys should give up riding because your dumbshits, not because you would have to ride 4 strokes
-"douche bags"
-"bitch ass pussy"
-"dumbshits"

All this directed at guys because they like a 2-stroke over a 4-stroke. Simply sad.
level
7/18/2008 11:40pm
sean wrote:
Actually I just bought a weed eater that is 4 stroke. It's awesome. Lot quieter, easier to start, actually has that same torque feel that my 4 stroke motorcycle does. You feel that same difference that you would feel from a 2 stroke bike compared to a 4 stroke. It was weird because I'm so used to that loud, annoying, oil spitting, messy 2 stroke weed trimmer that I had.
bhawkce
7/19/2008 12:20am Edited Date/Time 7/19/2008 12:21am
Tiki wrote:

SS wrote:
So you douche bags would rather not ride than ride a 4 stroke???? I love to ride no matter what bike it is... because I love...
Oh goodie! A homo!! Look everyone!! Homo alert!! How old are you? I's called a preference. Go back to RonRon turd licker alert!!
gt80rider
7/19/2008 7:23am
Moto547 wrote:
I wont ride anything but a 2 stroke. Ever. Sorry. I honestly would quit riding before I bought a 4 stroke. Absolutely no fun whatsoever.
Ditto's here........
TerryB
7/19/2008 7:25am
SS wrote:
Some of you guys don't get it. The consumer can have a preference, and when that choice no longer exists, yeah, I'll quit the sport too.

My mx bike is an '06 YZ125, working on restoring a '78 YZ125, my pit-bike? A DS80. Two scooters, a Yamaha Razz and a Honda Spree (both smokers), my street bike is an RD400.

When I give up and ride a 4-stroke, I'll just skip all the steps between and go straight to a piece of shit Harley.

BTW, SS, Yer ghey.
7/19/2008 8:07pm
Tiki wrote:

SS wrote:
so I guess when riding becomes unfun due to being forced to ride a 4 stroke I should keep riding, b/c if I dont I am a pussy.. Fawk off I dont have to justify my reasons for why and how I do anything.. especially to you, mister anonomous internet tough guy. I guess by that same set of ideals, since you probably like blowjobs, you probably would take one from another dude right, I mean after all you love them! I have quite a few reasons why I wouldnt ride a 4 stroke, but the most important being that I cannot afford the upkeep on one, especially if I blow one up(which I was pretty good at back when I was a card holder).

Post a reply to: Thoughts of Two Strokes

The Latest