Those outdated Suzuki's....

Edited Date/Time 5/31/2016 10:06am
Sure are hauling the mail. Don't fix it if it ain't broke...just make sure to run the stock triple clamps!
|
tylermx967
5/21/2016 2:59pm
I SAY TO U GUYS FOR A LONG TIME I THINK SUSZUKI MAKE THE FASTIST BIKE BOTH OF THE CLASS. I THINK IT NOT BE A LONG TIME THAT BRAKE CAN GET HIS FIRST WIN FOR SUSZUKI.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
5/21/2016 3:05pm
Like my dad(a hardcore Suzuki fan) and I say, can't compare the production bikes to what Roczen and the other rch and factory Suzuki guys are running. Not to say the production Suzuki isn't a good bike but they aren't what those guys are riding. I feel that way about all the production and factory bikes.
5/21/2016 3:13pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Like my dad(a hardcore Suzuki fan) and I say, can't compare the production bikes to what Roczen and the other rch and factory Suzuki guys are...
Like my dad(a hardcore Suzuki fan) and I say, can't compare the production bikes to what Roczen and the other rch and factory Suzuki guys are running. Not to say the production Suzuki isn't a good bike but they aren't what those guys are riding. I feel that way about all the production and factory bikes.
Not true, you still have the similar geometry/frame/balance, etc of the production bike. Just look at the blue pig, no one can make that thing work, not even JGR....guarantee if JGR was on Suzuki they would be getting much better results....
twnorton
5/21/2016 3:14pm
tylermx967 wrote:
I SAY TO U GUYS FOR A LONG TIME I THINK SUSZUKI MAKE THE FASTIST BIKE BOTH OF THE CLASS. I THINK IT NOT BE A...
I SAY TO U GUYS FOR A LONG TIME I THINK SUSZUKI MAKE THE FASTIST BIKE BOTH OF THE CLASS. I THINK IT NOT BE A LONG TIME THAT BRAKE CAN GET HIS FIRST WIN FOR SUSZUKI.
Why are you yelling?

The Shop

5/21/2016 3:24pm
tylermx967 wrote:
I SAY TO U GUYS FOR A LONG TIME I THINK SUSZUKI MAKE THE FASTIST BIKE BOTH OF THE CLASS. I THINK IT NOT BE A...
BRAKE OR CHUPACABRA?? I agree BRAKE was on the gas in that first Moto!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
5/21/2016 3:31pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Like my dad(a hardcore Suzuki fan) and I say, can't compare the production bikes to what Roczen and the other rch and factory Suzuki guys are...
Not true, you still have the similar geometry/frame/balance, etc of the production bike. Just look at the blue pig, no one can make that thing work...
Not true, you still have the similar geometry/frame/balance, etc of the production bike. Just look at the blue pig, no one can make that thing work, not even JGR....guarantee if JGR was on Suzuki they would be getting much better results....
I don't believe it's the bike. I think it's a matter of having guys that aren't that great at testing. Those "blue pigs" seemed to do just fine in 2014 with Brayton and Grant. It also looked pretty good last year with barcia. But look at barcia, he rides wide open and always has. I believe he just grabs a handful and hangs on. I believe with Peick, he just uses his strength. Nicolletti I see as being the same as barcia, doesn't know how to set up/test the best but knows how to grab a handful and hang on.

As far as frame/geometry/balance, yes it might be the same as stock but that factory suspension plays a big part in how those bikes handle. Clamp offset plays a part as well.
5/21/2016 3:55pm
So the only part that may be stock on that 94 could be the Frame, every other part is heavily modified or replaced,
Oh, also stock triple clamps (with Ti bolts and stem).

Are they allowed to "add" to the frame, if needed?
5/21/2016 4:07pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Not true, you still have the similar geometry/frame/balance, etc of the production bike. Just look at the blue pig, no one can make that thing work...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I don't believe it's the bike. I think it's a matter of having guys that aren't that great at testing. Those "blue pigs" seemed to do...
I don't believe it's the bike. I think it's a matter of having guys that aren't that great at testing. Those "blue pigs" seemed to do just fine in 2014 with Brayton and Grant. It also looked pretty good last year with barcia. But look at barcia, he rides wide open and always has. I believe he just grabs a handful and hangs on. I believe with Peick, he just uses his strength. Nicolletti I see as being the same as barcia, doesn't know how to set up/test the best but knows how to grab a handful and hang on.

As far as frame/geometry/balance, yes it might be the same as stock but that factory suspension plays a big part in how those bikes handle. Clamp offset plays a part as well.
Brayton had a few good rides on the blue pig but I think it's because the blue pig had the sniffles and just didn't have the energy to buck him off....
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
5/21/2016 5:14pm
How did Suzuki do in the 250 class?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
5/21/2016 5:20pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I don't believe it's the bike. I think it's a matter of having guys that aren't that great at testing. Those "blue pigs" seemed to do...

Brayton had a few good rides on the blue pig but I think it's because the blue pig had the sniffles and just didn't have the...
Brayton had a few good rides on the blue pig but I think it's because the blue pig had the sniffles and just didn't have the energy to buck him off....
Back to your remark about no one being if able to make the "blue pigs" work, what bike won the world championship last year? A Yamaha that looked pretty damn good. All the bikes are good now. Just pick a color. Even if the Suzuki is old and outdated, it's still a great bike.
5/21/2016 5:43pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Brayton had a few good rides on the blue pig but I think it's because the blue pig had the sniffles and just didn't have the...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Back to your remark about no one being if able to make the "blue pigs" work, what bike won the world championship last year? A Yamaha...
Back to your remark about no one being if able to make the "blue pigs" work, what bike won the world championship last year? A Yamaha that looked pretty damn good. All the bikes are good now. Just pick a color. Even if the Suzuki is old and outdated, it's still a great bike.
They go slow over there. The blue pig is made for going slow Smile
rutsmash
5/21/2016 6:52pm
So the only part that may be stock on that 94 could be the Frame, every other part is heavily modified or replaced, Oh, also stock...
So the only part that may be stock on that 94 could be the Frame, every other part is heavily modified or replaced,

As is the same with every other color bike out there so that has no bearing on the OP.
kiwifan
5/21/2016 8:09pm
So the only part that may be stock on that 94 could be the Frame, every other part is heavily modified or replaced, Oh, also stock...

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I thought they are not allowed to modify any part of the frame only stiffen up welds?
cali11
5/21/2016 8:14pm
tylermx967 wrote:
Ok CR500 guy
JB 19
5/21/2016 8:22pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Back to your remark about no one being if able to make the "blue pigs" work, what bike won the world championship last year? A Yamaha...
They can run any frame they want. Supposedly Paulin had 3 frames to choose from last year.
kiwifan
5/21/2016 8:23pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
JB 19 wrote:
They can run any frame they want. Supposedly Paulin had 3 frames to choose from last year.
Isnt he referring to America not MXGP?
JAFO92
5/21/2016 8:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2016 9:00pm
Sure are hauling the mail. Don't fix it if it ain't broke...just make sure to run the stock triple clamps!
Havent you heard? The Vitard sheep say the bike needs serious 'updating' and its not any good. Never mind that Roczen put 15+ seconds on the entire field with that bike in SX and then cleans up outdoors 1-1 with that "inferior" old bike.

The sheep are sooooo easily herded.
Cygnus
5/21/2016 8:59pm
I was so happy when I heard he was going back to the Suzuki that he was so good on when younger. So happy now that it's finally come together. Kick some serious ass today.
5/21/2016 9:09pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
JB 19 wrote:
I was not aware of this, thanks JB 19

Mattyhamz2 - there goes your theory about the blue pig being capable. Hey look on the good side, at least they have a good 250f.
5/21/2016 9:14pm
JAFO92 wrote:
Havent you heard? The Vitard sheep say the bike needs serious 'updating' and its not any good. Never mind that Roczen put 15+ seconds on the...
Havent you heard? The Vitard sheep say the bike needs serious 'updating' and its not any good. Never mind that Roczen put 15+ seconds on the entire field with that bike in SX and then cleans up outdoors 1-1 with that "inferior" old bike.

The sheep are sooooo easily herded.
^^^^^ Smile

That old outdated yellow bike has been smoking the new equipment. All it took was the switch to the stock triple clamps...LOL

Bummed for Bagget, he was on another charge in moto 2 on that old yellow goat....he was looking good to be a contender.
5/28/2016 4:57pm
Damn....the old Zook smoked everyone again today. How many weeks can old Yellar continue to yank the field? The outdated bike is flying....those stock triple clamps!
mingham97
5/29/2016 11:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2016 11:28pm
The 2015 rmz450 and the 2016 rmz 250 were both major over hauls. Air forks, engine upgrades, frame tweaks and not to mention launch control. The only thing that really stayed the same was the plastics kit. Why does everyone forget this?
BobPA
5/30/2016 4:13am
If I'm not mistaken an orange bike took the overall this weekend Whistling

They are really cleaning up in the 250 class...

The Suzuki 450 is a great bike, with a diet and a few refinements it could be king of the road.
5/30/2016 5:22am
4 of those blue pigs in the 250 top 5. Those orange riders must suck bad this year...
5/30/2016 5:55am
mingham97 wrote:
The 2015 rmz450 and the 2016 rmz 250 were both major over hauls. Air forks, engine upgrades, frame tweaks and not to mention launch control. The...
The 2015 rmz450 and the 2016 rmz 250 were both major over hauls. Air forks, engine upgrades, frame tweaks and not to mention launch control. The only thing that really stayed the same was the plastics kit. Why does everyone forget this?
Because they forgot the most important requests people have had for years.

1. Plastics. Old plastic must mean it rides like a 89 CR250.
2. Weight. Its just heavy.
3. Brakes. So easy to throw on larger discs.
4. E-start. Not an easy one but hard to get people off a SXF and onto a RMZ without the button.

They could leave everything else alone and just work on those 4 things...instant success. Return to Yellow/Blue colors and it would be even more of a hit.
Flip109
5/30/2016 6:49am
Yep the bike has been heavily refined over the past 6 years. They just never changed the plastic (which I like anyway) and haven't shaved much weight off. Fix those two things it's a instant hit again.

Post a reply to: Those outdated Suzuki's....

The Latest