|
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
11/11/2015 7:30am
Interesting. Wish he would come over to the states and race
Motofinne
11/11/2015 10:27am
Max Anstie got a 3 year deal with Husqvarna. 1 year in mx2 and 2017-18 on Ice One Red Bull Husqvarna in MXGP.
mccread
11/11/2015 10:33am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2015 10:40am
Husky have signed well for 2016. Great for Max to get the security of an MXGP after 2016 too. I think Charlier is a great signing, he was factory yamaha in MX2 and won races. He has the talent for sure, just didn't show it last season but was on a privateer team as well, so it would have been a bit tougher.

Covington just needs to gain speed on slick tracks and he will be up amongst the top next year, Martens does a good job with young riders so it's good to see Mewse on the team, great opportunity for him too.

Would have been nice to see them keep Waters too though and have a three man team.

The Shop

11/11/2015 10:44am
mccread wrote:
Husky have signed well for 2016. Great for Max to get the security of an MXGP after 2016 too. I think Charlier is a great signing...
Husky have signed well for 2016. Great for Max to get the security of an MXGP after 2016 too. I think Charlier is a great signing, he was factory yamaha in MX2 and won races. He has the talent for sure, just didn't show it last season but was on a privateer team as well, so it would have been a bit tougher.

Covington just needs to gain speed on slick tracks and he will be up amongst the top next year, Martens does a good job with young riders so it's good to see Mewse on the team, great opportunity for him too.

Would have been nice to see them keep Waters too though and have a three man team.
Charlier in MX2 wasnt that impressive , won 1 moto in 2013 and 1 in 2014 .... but so was Febvre in his MX2 years Wink
davistld01
11/11/2015 11:04am
Looks like Husqvarna is trying to conquer the rest of the MX world...the part that KTM hasn't won already.
machine
11/11/2015 11:20am
mccread wrote:
Husky have signed well for 2016. Great for Max to get the security of an MXGP after 2016 too. I think Charlier is a great signing...

Seems like Covington has A LOT of bad days from what i've seen of him.
shuggs
11/11/2015 11:29am
machine wrote:
Seems like Covington has A LOT of bad days from what i've seen of him.
Really????

A young kid from USA coming over and having to adjust to GP scene, IMO not too surprised about past 2 seasons BUT hoping for better from him next year.
11/11/2015 11:35am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2015 11:36am
after 2 full seasons and living in Lommel he should be adjusted by now i quess , switching teams might help or not ...i think people are going to expect him to step it up this year ... or stay top 10
jeffro503
11/11/2015 11:35am
Hmm? This is interesting. I spoke to someone at the USGP that would KNOW ( or at least I thought would know ) That TC signed for another three years with Kawasaki. Maybe I have that wrong , maybe it was a 3yr deal to race the GP's? Must of gotten my wires crossed. I wish that kid the best of luck. Was cool hanging out with his family at the races....really good people!
Motofinne
11/11/2015 11:39am
jeffro503 wrote:
Hmm? This is interesting. I spoke to someone at the USGP that would KNOW ( or at least I thought would know ) That TC signed...
Hmm? This is interesting. I spoke to someone at the USGP that would KNOW ( or at least I thought would know ) That TC signed for another three years with Kawasaki. Maybe I have that wrong , maybe it was a 3yr deal to race the GP's? Must of gotten my wires crossed. I wish that kid the best of luck. Was cool hanging out with his family at the races....really good people!
Rumors about the Wilwo Nestaan Husqvarna deal was floating around already a few months ago. I remember that Matthes did an interview with Covington after the win in Mexico and asked about the future. Covington didn't confirm anything about 2016 plans so it was kind of obvious that the Husky deal was done.
Motofinne
11/11/2015 11:47am
after 2 full seasons and living in Lommel he should be adjusted by now i quess , switching teams might help or not ...i think people...
after 2 full seasons and living in Lommel he should be adjusted by now i quess , switching teams might help or not ...i think people are going to expect him to step it up this year ... or stay top 10
Jep. And the lows are bottomless for Covington. Sometimes hes really fast and gets good results but sometimes hes really, and i mean really of the pace. And when you combine the relative slow pace with crashes you have some horrible results.

He needs to make the most of this coming year.

11/11/2015 11:53am
he doubled his points from his first year ... thats good progress , just needs to get some regular points and finishes

17 64 Covington, T. USA KAW 138
TeamGreen
11/11/2015 12:07pm
I think this get's real interesting in about 3 weeks...
mx_563
11/11/2015 2:00pm
Pounding laps at Lommel in November. That's gotta suck on any brand of bike. Tongue
RG1
11/11/2015 2:01pm
I'm really pumped for Max. Managing to get a 3 year deal with a factory team is an awesome feat. Especially with him having to move up to MXGP
philG
11/11/2015 2:20pm
steed 2.0 wrote:
[img]https://mxdose.com/mxdose/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Wilvo-Nestaan-JM-Racing-KTM-Team-Romain-Febvre-2013.jpg[/img]
Why is a picture of Febvre and Jacky Martens relevant.
11/11/2015 2:23pm
steed 2.0 wrote:
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTj-Hi8UEAEDz9n.jpg[/img]
SHOT race gear now for TC64. Kind of french touch !

Wink
11/11/2015 2:35pm
RG1 wrote:
I'm really pumped for Max. Managing to get a 3 year deal with a factory team is an awesome feat. Especially with him having to move...
I'm really pumped for Max. Managing to get a 3 year deal with a factory team is an awesome feat. Especially with him having to move up to MXGP
forgot about Anstie , its his last year in MX2 ?? they should get rid of that age limit shit ...
so he got a 2 year deal for MXGP as well ..... good for him
philG
11/11/2015 4:04pm
steed 2.0 wrote:
I'm busy at work in the studio right now ( have to catch up a deadline) so I make it myself easy, Judge for yourself why...
I'm busy at work in the studio right now ( have to catch up a deadline) so I make it myself easy,
Judge for yourself why it is relevant https://youtu.be/aDKub9uY8Aw?t=26m16s

Yeah, i saw that originally .. i get what you are saying , maybe he can do with TC what Kawasaki havent managed.

Good point , well made... went over my head LOL
Bearuno
11/11/2015 4:08pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2015 4:23pm
That deal for Max is good to see - the recent DBR article showing 6 different Bikes in 7 years showed the difficulties he's had in finding ride stability. To have a contract that transitions into the mandatory 450 ride will lift a lot of pressure from him, one would think.

I wonder when that f**kwit Luongo will finally realize his under 23 rule is driving people away from 'his' series. Probably never, as he's a complete meglomaniac, convinced of his ideas. So, he'll continue to see riders go back to various national series (or other branches of Motorcycle sport - EWC is chockers full of ex GP riders) and / or run away to the circus of SX. 250s, of any type, are not tiddlers.

For Covington, I think it's a make or break year - most don't get much more than a year or two to get things sorted in the GPs - well, anywhere, nowadays. Undoubtebly he's a Very good rider, but his dad's status may not help him much further into the future. I wish him luck.

For both riders, having Jacky Martens as their team owner / mentor could provide that 'key' ingredient to a successful tilt at a World Championship - Martens ranks up there with the very greatest of team leaders.
11/11/2015 4:40pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Really? What do you know that we don't know...spill the beans!

Monster follows?
TeamGreen
11/11/2015 5:44pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Monster follows?
I just think Husky has a few more announcements left...
tek14
11/11/2015 10:34pm
Herlings to MXGP on Husky 450...
11/11/2015 11:22pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Monster follows?
It's roumored that Husky wants the same factory outfit anywhere in the world, meaning that Rockstar Energy is going to be new title sponsor. But I don't know where I read it.
roninho
11/12/2015 1:27am
Motofinne wrote:
http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/gb/news/2016-mxgp-team/

Official conformation.

I wonder if Charlier brought money? I really don't think he deserves the Husqvarna factory ride.
I have no idea if Charlier brings money, but it would not surprise me. Yesterday i read that Forkrent (the sponsor of the Wilvo Forkrent KTM team) is owned by Jake Nicholls dad. (Jake Nicholls is actually leaving the team and joining Hitachi KTM UK, which i imagine will be rebranded to Hitachi Forkrent KTM UK pretty soon i imagine).

Just goes to show that a guy that finished 4th and 7th overall in MX2 GP still is bringing sponsorship.
roninho
11/12/2015 1:49am
Bearuno wrote:
That deal for Max is good to see - the recent DBR article showing 6 different Bikes in 7 years showed the difficulties he's had in...
That deal for Max is good to see - the recent DBR article showing 6 different Bikes in 7 years showed the difficulties he's had in finding ride stability. To have a contract that transitions into the mandatory 450 ride will lift a lot of pressure from him, one would think.

I wonder when that f**kwit Luongo will finally realize his under 23 rule is driving people away from 'his' series. Probably never, as he's a complete meglomaniac, convinced of his ideas. So, he'll continue to see riders go back to various national series (or other branches of Motorcycle sport - EWC is chockers full of ex GP riders) and / or run away to the circus of SX. 250s, of any type, are not tiddlers.

For Covington, I think it's a make or break year - most don't get much more than a year or two to get things sorted in the GPs - well, anywhere, nowadays. Undoubtebly he's a Very good rider, but his dad's status may not help him much further into the future. I wish him luck.

For both riders, having Jacky Martens as their team owner / mentor could provide that 'key' ingredient to a successful tilt at a World Championship - Martens ranks up there with the very greatest of team leaders.
Agreed on the under 23 rule. Afaik the goal of the rule is to help get young talent get a ride in MX2, but i'm not sure it really helps. Imo it just gets good riders out of a job. I can see where you want young talent over riders who are 23+ and don't get further then 15th-20th overall in MX2, but the way i see it this rule just forces guys like Tixier (WC), Anstie (3rd), Butron (3rd), Nicholls (4th), Ferris (5th) and a bunch of top 10 overall guys out of the class. Which wouldn't be an issue if they gotten good paid rides in MXGP for years, but a guy like Ferris is allready back to Australia afaik, and Nicholls was close to out of a ride in MXGP after 2 injury plagued years.

In defens of Luongo, imo the setup with EMX250 and EMX125 actually does provide young talent a spot to get scouted. If you are young and perform in one of those classes (top5 overall) you'll get your shot in MX2. If i was Luongo i'd get rid of the

Post a reply to: Thomas Covington spotted riding Husky at Lommel

The Latest