This week I take a look back at the year in Motocross 1989 through the pages of MXA

tblazier
Edited Date/Time 10/5/2013 4:12pm
|
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/3/2013 9:30am
Apico gear and a Bieffe helmet ... whatever pays the bills I guess.
10/3/2013 12:00pm
Good job Tony...

Quick question: In the issue that has Jeff Emig at the Vegas World Mini, is there a story in there about how Buddy Antunez got into a fist fight with Swink? I think it was swink. THis was my first subscription year... I was 8 years old when this year of issues started arriving.
tblazier
10/3/2013 1:19pm
Good job Tony... Quick question: In the issue that has Jeff Emig at the Vegas World Mini, is there a story in there about how Buddy...
Good job Tony...

Quick question: In the issue that has Jeff Emig at the Vegas World Mini, is there a story in there about how Buddy Antunez got into a fist fight with Swink? I think it was swink. THis was my first subscription year... I was 8 years old when this year of issues started arriving.
I do cover the World mini fight in the article, but it was between Tommy Clowers and Buddy Antunez. Emig was a big winner that weekend but I don't believe he was fighting with anyone.

The Shop

JB 19
10/3/2013 3:42pm
Rick Johnson in the middle .....# 13 ?
justpinit
10/3/2013 7:02pm
Awesome!! Hakan Carlqvist and his legendary final GP win......the one where he stops and has a beer halfway through while leading!!

tblazier
10/4/2013 9:28am
JB 19 wrote:
Rick Johnson in the middle .....# 13 ?
Nope this was a GP and RJ rode the 250 USGP this year.
Coly243
Fantasy
342nd
10/4/2013 9:42am
I think that number 13 was Dirk Geukens if I remember correctly...it's hazy though as I was only 10 at the time.
10/5/2013 10:45am
Good job Tony... Quick question: In the issue that has Jeff Emig at the Vegas World Mini, is there a story in there about how Buddy...
Good job Tony...

tblazier wrote:
I do cover the World mini fight in the article, but it was between Tommy Clowers and Buddy Antunez. Emig was a big winner that weekend...
I do cover the World mini fight in the article, but it was between Tommy Clowers and Buddy Antunez. Emig was a big winner that weekend but I don't believe he was fighting with anyone.
Ya that's right, Tommy Clowers... I remember reading that article and for whatever reason it struck me as really personal and intense, this while being 8 years old.
I was at Ponca City that year and have a bunch of pictures of Clowers and Antunez on 80s, Clowers on Team Green and Buddy on the R&D RM80.
10/5/2013 4:12pm
Good job Tony...

I hope swink won that fight if it was him I had the pleasure to watch Brian on minis he was a few years older than me and was always very friendly when I approached my idol to speak with him

Post a reply to: This week I take a look back at the year in Motocross 1989 through the pages of MXA

The Latest