This sue thing while selling bike...

burnside
7/22/2010 5:12am
That sucks quiknic.. Yeah, definitely add a 'you bend it you buy it' clause to these test rides!
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
7/22/2010 5:23am
true stuff, that same thing happened to a friend of mine. He let someone test ride and the guy never came back. If you don't know...
true stuff, that same thing happened to a friend of mine. He let someone test ride and the guy never came back.

If you don't know the people then don't do it. No Test Ride!
this really happens? what do they do, show up on foot to look at your bike? That would sketch me out before they even ask to ride the thing aha
Cygnus
7/22/2010 6:24am
quiknic wrote:
NO, NO and NO... I have learned this one first hand. I had an 03 YZ426F that was only four or five months old but I...
NO, NO and NO... I have learned this one first hand. I had an 03 YZ426F that was only four or five months old but I really was not liking the four stroke so I went back to the two stroke and had a co-worker that wanted to buy it but just needed to try it out first.

He swore that he was a big stud on two wheels "Back in the Day" so I brought him out to the track with me, within five minutes he hops in behind me and while I jump this single-to-step-up triple he rips on the brakes over the first one as he was going to slow to clear the gap but too fast to roll it and ends up bouncing off the face of the step-up with a fist-full-o-throttle and ends up looping out and landing on his ass a good 20-30 feet away and nowhere near my bike. Needless to say my bike ended up with a broken sub frame, Pro Circuit exhaust bent into a pretzel, seat destroyed and the rear fender torn off. After taking him to the emergency room and waiting for his wife (he ended up being in the hospital for a week and out of work for three) he tells me that he no longer has an interest in the bike and does not feel like he should have to pay to fix it since he lost money by being out of work and the hospital bills.

Nope, never sold him the bike or received any money to get it fixed so I would definitely say F-NO to test rides. Angry
Count your blessings he didn't sue your ass.
Cygnus
7/22/2010 6:26am
true stuff, that same thing happened to a friend of mine. He let someone test ride and the guy never came back. If you don't know...
true stuff, that same thing happened to a friend of mine. He let someone test ride and the guy never came back.

If you don't know the people then don't do it. No Test Ride!
seth505 wrote:
this really happens? what do they do, show up on foot to look at your bike? That would sketch me out before they even ask to...
this really happens? what do they do, show up on foot to look at your bike? That would sketch me out before they even ask to ride the thing aha
In my friends case the guy had an older guy in the truck he said was his dad and he took off when the bike did.

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
7/22/2010 6:29am
wow, that sucks so bad...I would go crazy

Post a reply to: This sue thing while selling bike...

The Latest