This should be some good bench racing...

RCB33
Fantasy
139th
Edited Date/Time 10/25/2015 1:59pm
Ok,so if you had to pick who would be in a 20 lap supercross race with a 22 rider gate who would be there.they can be on any bike(cr 500 if that is what you want them on).

In no specific order

McGrath
Carmichael
Villopoto
Hannah
Stewart
Emig
Johnson
Bailey
Decoster
Pastrana
Dungey
Windham
Loracco(sp)
Reed
Bradshaw
Ward
Stanton
cooper
O'mara
Pichon
Huffman
Kiedrowski I know I probably forgot some good ones,who would be on your lists?
|
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
10/24/2015 2:17pm
Add Potsie and Fred Flintstone to my list.

The Shop

bents
Fantasy
909th
10/24/2015 6:20pm
Put them all on 250 2 strokes and I still take McGrath for the win, assuming all are in their prime.
TDeath21
10/24/2015 8:47pm
McGrath
Carmichael
Villopoto
Stewart
Hannah
Johnson
Bailey
JMB
Reed
Dungey
O'show
Stanton
Bradshaw
Windham
Vuillemin
Emig
Larocco
Lechein
Hansen
Lusk
Huffman
Pichon
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
10/24/2015 9:04pm
TDeath21 wrote:
McGrath
Carmichael
Villopoto
Stewart
Hannah
Johnson
Bailey
JMB
Reed
Dungey
O'show
Stanton
Bradshaw
Windham
Vuillemin
Emig
Larocco
Lechein
Hansen
Lusk
Huffman
Pichon
Assuming Donnie Hanson?
TDeath21
10/24/2015 9:13pm
TDeath21 wrote:
McGrath
Carmichael
Villopoto
Stewart
Hannah
Johnson
Bailey
JMB
Reed
Dungey
O'show
Stanton
Bradshaw
Windham
Vuillemin
Emig
Larocco
Lechein
Hansen
Lusk
Huffman
Pichon
RCB33 wrote:
Assuming Donnie Hanson?
You assume correct.
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
10/25/2015 5:51am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2015 5:51am
Why is it that everyone(including me) so far besides one guy has forgot Magoo... Add him to my list.
10/25/2015 6:11am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2015 6:13am
In regards to results; the most recent, or there about, top riders should imo be considered the favourites. In other words even if all were in their prime and on equal machinery, there'd generally be (though some overlap may occur) a noticeable split in riders from the 00's, 90s, and 80s eras.

My top 5....

1. Stewart
2. Villopoto
3. Reed
4. Carmichael
5. Dungey
6. McGrath (Edit).

As for who I would choose to be in it, I think the OP covered it pretty well. However it would awesome to also see a fully healthy and fully fit Travis Pastrana in the mix.
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
10/25/2015 6:17am
In regards to results; the most recent, or there about, top riders should imo be considered the favourites. In other words even if all were in...
In regards to results; the most recent, or there about, top riders should imo be considered the favourites. In other words even if all were in their prime and on equal machinery, there'd generally be (though some overlap may occur) a noticeable split in riders from the 00's, 90s, and 80s eras.

My top 5....

1. Stewart
2. Villopoto
3. Reed
4. Carmichael
5. Dungey
6. McGrath (Edit).

As for who I would choose to be in it, I think the OP covered it pretty well. However it would awesome to also see a fully healthy and fully fit Travis Pastrana in the mix.
That just got me thinking, even with them all in their prime there is next to no chance of the 70's,80's,and 90's guys scrubbing and that would give the likes of Stewart,villopoto, etc a great advantage...
cwtoyota
10/25/2015 9:19am
In regards to results; the most recent, or there about, top riders should imo be considered the favourites. In other words even if all were in...

My top 5....

1. Stewart
2. Villopoto
3. Reed
4. Carmichael
5. Dungey
6. McGrath (Edit).

RCB33 wrote:
That just got me thinking, even with them all in their prime there is next to no chance of the 70's,80's,and 90's guys scrubbing and that...
That just got me thinking, even with them all in their prime there is next to no chance of the 70's,80's,and 90's guys scrubbing and that would give the likes of Stewart,villopoto, etc a great advantage...
I saw somewhere that yesterday was the day Marty McFly showed up in the future... So I guess we're invoking time travel in this hypothetical race? I think while you're making up a starting lineup, you have to pretend that all the guys were brought "back to the future" from the time they were in their prime.

RCB33, I think Jerry Robin was proof of your statement about scrubbing. In my opinion, he looked faster on that old CR250R than any of the guys on their factory bikes did back in 1986. Following that logic, it would be hard to bet against Villopoto if you're going a full 17 rounds. For a one race deal, Dunge, Roczen, Stew, etc. all have to be at the top of the list with RV.

... Unless you're riding a 1990's track with old two strokes. Then my money is on MC for sure!
The tracks in the 90's were so much more challenging to the bikes of the 90's than current tracks/bikes.

RCB33
Fantasy
139th
10/25/2015 1:59pm

My top 5....

1. Stewart
2. Villopoto
3. Reed
4. Carmichael
5. Dungey
6. McGrath (Edit).

RCB33 wrote:
That just got me thinking, even with them all in their prime there is next to no chance of the 70's,80's,and 90's guys scrubbing and that...
cwtoyota wrote:
I saw somewhere that yesterday was the day Marty McFly showed up in the future... So I guess we're invoking time travel in this hypothetical race...
I saw somewhere that yesterday was the day Marty McFly showed up in the future... So I guess we're invoking time travel in this hypothetical race? I think while you're making up a starting lineup, you have to pretend that all the guys were brought "back to the future" from the time they were in their prime.

RCB33, I think Jerry Robin was proof of your statement about scrubbing. In my opinion, he looked faster on that old CR250R than any of the guys on their factory bikes did back in 1986. Following that logic, it would be hard to bet against Villopoto if you're going a full 17 rounds. For a one race deal, Dunge, Roczen, Stew, etc. all have to be at the top of the list with RV.

... Unless you're riding a 1990's track with old two strokes. Then my money is on MC for sure!
The tracks in the 90's were so much more challenging to the bikes of the 90's than current tracks/bikes.

How is jerry robin doing by the way, I haven't heard from him since he rode that bike a few years ago at LL's...

Post a reply to: This should be some good bench racing...

The Latest