This is BIG news

Big E
Edited Date/Time 10/15/2015 9:35am
I am sure there will be a lot more fallout from this...

RVINE, Calif. – Kawasaki has named renowned racing industry veteran Bruce Stjernstrom to lead racing operations, replacing senior racing manager Reid Nordin, who has left the company. Stjernstrom returns with twenty years of experience at Kawasaki, having previously led both the racing and marketing departments, and will report to Chris Brull, vice president of marketing for Kawasaki Motors Corp. U.S.A.

“Bruce brings a wealth of knowledge and business acumen to our racing program,” said Brull. “Bruce was a cornerstone of Kawasaki Team Green™, as well as leading multiple championship winning teams while directing our professional racing programs. We know he has a passion for the sport that is only matched by his passion for Kawasaki.”

Since joining Team Green in 1983, Stjernstrom has been instrumental in Kawasaki’s success over the last three decades. During his tenure with Kawasaki, Stjernstrom has led the Team Green, Off Road, ATV, Flat Track, Jet Ski®, Road Racing, and supercross/motocross teams.

“Kawasaki has a strong racing heritage that I am proud to be a part of once again,” said Stjernstrom. “I’m looking forward to working with Dan Fahie, manager of motocross racing and Ryan Holliday, supervisor for Team Green, together with their staff and our partners to keep Kawasaki as a championship winning program.”
|
Xeno
6/10/2015 7:01am
Maybe Kawasaki is not moving to Texas after all.
6/10/2015 7:01am
There won't be "claws" on those bikes next year, either.

They'll supposedly be on some blue bikes. I guess they could do the "Low Carb" livery?

Things are getting shaken up for sure. Some astute observers could even tie Villo into this.
Crush
6/10/2015 7:02am
Wasn't Bruce at Monster between then and now?
Big E
6/10/2015 7:04am
There is change in the wind...

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
6/10/2015 7:04am
Crush wrote:
Wasn't Bruce at Monster between then and now?
Ya, I'd guess that he didn't fit in their plan of broing down bro Silly
IWreckALot
6/10/2015 7:26am
There won't be "claws" on those bikes next year, either. They'll supposedly be on some blue bikes. I guess they could do the "Low Carb" livery...

They'll supposedly be on some blue bikes. I guess they could do the "Low Carb" livery?

Things are getting shaken up for sure. Some astute observers could even tie Villo into this.
I'm interested to see if this is going to actually come to fruition. I've heard similar grumblings.
newmann
6/10/2015 7:34am
Things are a bit fucky at Kawi. Their pro program has had a lot of ups and downs over the last decade or so.
JeepnMike
6/10/2015 7:48am
There won't be "claws" on those bikes next year, either. They'll supposedly be on some blue bikes. I guess they could do the "Low Carb" livery...

IWreckALot wrote:
I'm interested to see if this is going to actually come to fruition. I've heard similar grumblings.
OK, I am gonna bite on this one. While I consider myself a fan of the sport and I do my best to pay attention to what is going on in the background, I have no clue what you guys are talking about here. The talk about claws and low carbs, I have no clue. From the article, it just sounds like Kawasaki is changing leadership to me.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
6/10/2015 7:50am

IWreckALot wrote:
JeepnMike wrote:
OK, I am gonna bite on this one. While I consider myself a fan of the sport and I do my best to pay attention to...
OK, I am gonna bite on this one. While I consider myself a fan of the sport and I do my best to pay attention to what is going on in the background, I have no clue what you guys are talking about here. The talk about claws and low carbs, I have no clue. From the article, it just sounds like Kawasaki is changing leadership to me.
Consider the source. Yesterday he was saying PC is going to be on Huskies next year. Making shit up on the internet is what he does best.
slipdog
6/10/2015 7:51am

IWreckALot wrote:
JeepnMike wrote:
OK, I am gonna bite on this one. While I consider myself a fan of the sport and I do my best to pay attention to...
What??? You don't know the double secret handshake...
6/10/2015 7:58am
IWreckALot wrote:
JeepnMike wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
Consider the source. Yesterday he was saying PC is going to be on Huskies next year. Making shit up on the internet is what he does...
Consider the source. Yesterday he was saying PC is going to be on Huskies next year. Making shit up on the internet is what he does best.
the husky thing was a tongue in cheek comment.

when the above mentioned scheme actually happens, where will you be?

The "claw" won't be on the PC bikes either, btw.
mxer512
6/10/2015 7:58am
Claw = monster energy ie. monster claw. Leadership is changing at kawi..... monster is currnetly primary Kawi sponsor/or partner. Since that may change, "Grumblings" are going on that monster may be the primary sponsor/partner of Yamaha after kawi outs them .....thats what im getting out of it ....i may be completly wrong though
kawasa84
6/10/2015 8:01am
Don't forget the wink, kick of the dirt, head knod, fist bump, face grimace and the little spit to the left, then you know that guy is on the "Inside" and knows the secrets you know.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
6/10/2015 8:02am
JeepnMike wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
Consider the source. Yesterday he was saying PC is going to be on Huskies next year. Making shit up on the internet is what he does...
the husky thing was a tongue in cheek comment. when the above mentioned scheme actually happens, where will you be? The "claw" won't be on the...

Oh, I will be here still using my original account.
kawasa84
6/10/2015 8:03am
mxer512 wrote:
Claw = monster energy ie. monster claw. Leadership is changing at kawi..... monster is currnetly primary Kawi sponsor/or partner. Since that may change, "Grumblings" are going...
Claw = monster energy ie. monster claw. Leadership is changing at kawi..... monster is currnetly primary Kawi sponsor/or partner. Since that may change, "Grumblings" are going on that monster may be the primary sponsor/partner of Yamaha after kawi outs them .....thats what im getting out of it ....i may be completly wrong though
Kawi outing Monster? another words, saying we don't want you're relationship and money?
Maybe you meant Monster is taking their money elsewhere, and are "outing" Kawi.
6/10/2015 8:05am
GrapeApe wrote:
the husky thing was a tongue in cheek comment. when the above mentioned scheme actually happens, where will you be? The "claw" won't be on the...

GrapeApe wrote:
Oh, I will be here still using my original account.
Go to the USGP and i'll sign your tits. or just sit right there and continue playing some sort of bizarre unofficial forum police.

mxer512.. kawi is not outing monster, its actually the other way around. apparently they're pissed about kawi letting their golden boy go on a euro vacation.
JeepnMike
6/10/2015 8:15am
JeepnMike wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:

OK, so I am starting to see the conspiracy theories here. Can you tell me how RV could potentially be tied into this?

Just for hearing myself type, let me say that I appreciate the support the energy drink companies have given our sport. But, if there was healthier products coming aboard as key sponsors, I think that would be great. IMO, seeing a teenage (or younger) kid cruising around with a Monster tall-boy, that is right next to seeing that same kid cruising around with a cigarette in his mouth (IMO). Both are bad habits that kids somehow think make them look cool.
IWreckALot
6/10/2015 8:16am
mxer512 wrote:
Claw = monster energy ie. monster claw. Leadership is changing at kawi..... monster is currnetly primary Kawi sponsor/or partner. Since that may change, "Grumblings" are going...
kawasa84 wrote:
Kawi outing Monster? another words, saying we don't want you're relationship and money?
One way or the other, it seems like they may be splitting ways. And what mxer512 said what I was thinking.
mxer512
6/10/2015 8:31am
mxer512 wrote:
kawasa84 wrote:
this is why i put a disclaimer at the end. I am no expert the only info i know if from the bullshit i read in the media and from the crazy A**holes on here. What you say makes since though.
6/10/2015 8:36am
what about mcgrath and monster, and him/kawy and monster,,,,will this change some of his doings also?
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
6/10/2015 8:36am
What Yamaha team? With RV being on his way out (or already gone) and Kawi apparently having signed Tomac it seems like switching to another OEM would be quite an overreaction on the part of Monster.
IWreckALot
6/10/2015 8:47am
Again, all speculation on my part, but Monster isn't getting quite the bang they were getting previously. Especially with RV outta here and PC seems to be struggling with their riders currently. I'm not sure what they'd get out of a 450 rider currently at Yamaha though.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
6/10/2015 8:48am
Sounds like a pretty short sighted decision if true. Kawasaki and Monster have had a very successful relationship or so it seems that way on the outside at least. Then again, this is just coming from a person on vital that very well could be a 9 year old kid further out of "the industry" than myself for all I know.

If Monster leaves Mitch can somebody please get Splitfire back on board so we can get bad ass looking bikes again?
6/10/2015 8:49am
Go to the USGP and i'll sign your tits. or just sit right there and continue playing some sort of bizarre unofficial forum police. mxer512.. kawi...
Go to the USGP and i'll sign your tits. or just sit right there and continue playing some sort of bizarre unofficial forum police.

mxer512.. kawi is not outing monster, its actually the other way around. apparently they're pissed about kawi letting their golden boy go on a euro vacation.
Wasn't it Monster that lined up the RV to Europe deal?
Outsider
6/10/2015 9:26am
This thread is why I call myself Outsider... fricken clowns
c3011
6/10/2015 9:47am
As long as Monster has Little chino on the pay roll they must figure they have the dirt bike crowd covered...................

Post a reply to: This is BIG news

The Latest